• Published 28th Dec 2012
  • 1,162 Views, 25 Comments

The Mystery of Lighting Twister - Fire-dance



When cancer is threatening his life, one last wish transports him to Equestria.

  • ...
6
 25
 1,162

Prologue

Tristan had always loved running and had planned on going to Olympics when he was older. He was seventeen years old when he was diagnosed with cancer. Tristan had given up his dream of competing in the Olympics and instead toke up drawing. One of his last few friends was a brony and she showed him the amazing show. Her name was Kate; she was always there for her friends.
One day Tristan saw a kid had fallen in the street and a car was heading towards him. In an instant Tristan had the kid out of the way. The kid was fine but Tristan got hit by the car in the process. Tristan awoke in the hospital a week later.

"The cancer had gotten worse he has two days to live," Said Tristan's doctor.
"Is there anything I could do?" Kate asked.
"Just tend to his needs to make his last days the best."
"Okay, can I use my laptop to watch something with him?"
"Whatever helps." The doctor left the room and left Kate and Tristan alone. Kate had puffy eyes and it seemed as if she'd been crying.
"Glad to see your up." Kate said. "Do you want to watch "My Little Pony"?"
"I'd like that." Tristan replied. "So I have two days to live?"
"You heard. But you saved that boy, don't you fell glad about that?"
"Yeah. What's his name?"
"It's Jake. He made you this card" Kate handed Tristan a card that said Thank you for saving me. You are in a coma right now but when you awake I hope you get this card! It had a picture of Tristan pushing Jake out of the way last minute.
"It's cute. To bad I won't be able to met him," Tristan said.
"My brother found an early release of the new episode. Do you want to watch it?" Kate asked.
"Sure one last new episode before I pass." Tristan and Kate watched the show and enjoyed his last show together.
"Will you put on "The Cutie Mark Chronicles" and watch my favorite episode with me before I die?" Tristan asked.
"But you have two more days left not thirty minutes!" Kate said
"Who knows my health better me or the doctors?"
"I'll put it on." While Kate was putting the show on, she started to cry. "I can't believe you're twenty-four years old and you're going to die."
"I always liked you Kate. That day I got hit by the car, I was going to ask you out." After Tristan said that, the show started. Kate reached out and held his hand. At the end of the show Tristan was drifting of to sleep. Kate walked up to Tristan and kissed him.
"I always liked you too. I'll carry on your bronydom and I'll do whatever I can to carry on your memory."

***
Tristan awoke and saw a white pony in front of him. The mare had wings and a horn and her mane seemed move. He knew where he was, he was in Equestria. The one standing before him was Princess Celestia. Why had she come to see him? Was he a pony? What kind of pony was he?
"I assume you have a lot of questions." Princess Celestia said. " Walk with me and I will answer them."
"Are you sure that I know how to walk?" Tristan said.
"Positive." Princess Celestia signed him out of the hospital and toke him to her castle. "What are your questions? I'l answer them."
"I know I'm a pony but how do you know what I really am?" Tristan asked.
"I know you're a human. I can see into other realms and I saw you had given up your dreams of going to the Olympics and you had cancer."
"Why and how am I able to be here?"
"I used a spell to transport you here. It was your dying wish to live in Equestria so I helped grant it. To answer your other question, yes I know we're a T.V show in your world.
"What do I look like? I need a mirror." Just then Princess Celestia brought him a mirror to view his new appearance. Tristan is an aqua blue stallion with a black mane and tail. His hoofs are black and he still has his dark brown eyes. His cutie mark is a bright yellow lightning bolt with two brown tornadoes right beside it.
"Now you will need a new name, Tristan will stick out in the pony community," Princess Celestia said.
"How about Lightning Twister?" Tristan said.
"Perfect now let's practice on your flying skills. I have to do something real quick so one of my guards will teach you how to fly."

***
Princess Celestia started to write a letter to Twilight Sparkle.
Dear Twilight Sparkle, There is a new pony in town and he would like to travel to Pony-Ville. He is exceptional at flying and drawing. He has amnesia though and doesn't like talking about his past. If you have a home free or one of the other elements would like to help out, I won't deny it. His name is Lightning Twister and he will be arriving in a few days. From, Princess Celestia

Princess Celestia looked out her window and saw how fast Tristan caught on to flying.
"Flying is just as good as running Lightning Twister and don't worry, you'll see Kate again," Princess Celestia said as Lightning Twister walked in the castle.
"But how do you know?" Lightning asked.
"Just trust me."