• Published 12th Jan 2013
  • 1,329 Views, 27 Comments

Well that was weird... - Halo Head



Shy, an ordinary school girl that has been a pegasister since she was young, is surprised by one thing: that ponies are real. Will it end up the way she wanted, or the other way around?

  • ...
7
 27
 1,329

Chapter One

Hello! Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Shy, yeah weird, huh? My parents named me that name because they thought I would ended up being shy. Well, they were right. Then about my appearance, my hair is pink,I tried to dye it, but a day passed the fake color just disappeared! I don't know why, but that's how it's supposed to be, isn't it? About my school, I rent an apartment near it. My parents would visit me once a month. Well, I'm not surprised, I'm their only child. Oh, and by the way, I am a scholar at my school, mind you.

So let me tell me story. Since last year I was a certified pegasister. I idolize Dusk Shine, Butter Scotch, Rainbow Blitz, Elusive, Applejack, Babble Berry, at least. I never thought the world of magical ponies existed, but boy, was I wrong.
----
3 moths ago..
"Shy, me and your father can't visit you this week, we need to cancel it due to business matters. We will be visiting you in 3 months." 3 months. 3 long months. Have I told you that ever since I came to my school, they only visited me once? I bet, after 3 months, they would cancel it again meet me up at another 3 months.

And so I need to accept it. I would be all by myself for 3 looong months.
Well, I was wrong again.

That time, it was a very stormy and cold night. I had my cup of hot chocolate by my side, rewatching the previous episodes of MLP. I had always wanted a plushie of butterscotch, but my parents said that I need to grow up and be a lady.
A purple smoke from the kitchen came to the living room, and before my very eyes, I saw a yellow Pegasus, pink-haired, height of 4’11 feet and at closer inspection, a stallion. I rub my eyes thinking it was just a dream. Then I realized, it wasn’t. Or he wasn’t.
“Yay! Dusk Shine’s spell worked!” the Pegasus screamed, even though it was so soft.
Still paralyzed from the event, I asked the pony to turn around. Startled, he had himself hidden behind the door.
“Don’t be afraid, I’m harmless.” I said.
And to my surprise, he is butterscotch!
“Butterscotch?”
“H-how did you knew my name?”
I decided to keep the show from him a secret, since he has no clue about it.
“Lucky guess, I guess?”
We had a little chat at the living room, where he explained that Dusk Shine had discovered that there are humans and volunteered, well not exactly volunteered, but pushed him to have him as a test for teleporting to earth.

“S-so can I s-stay for a while in your house? That is, if don’t mind. It’s just a day or so for Dusk and the others to find me.”
Being confident to my new friend I said: “Of course Butter Scotch, you are welcome in my home.”
That evening, the storm has subsided and I decided to buy more leafy greens for me and Butterscotch. After all, I’m kind of a vegetarian too.
“Butterscotch I’m home!”
I saw him staring at my photo when I was 9, holding my puppy.
“I didn’t noticed you had pink hair like me. I mean, you wore your hoodie when I first met you.”
“Oh that’s right. It was cold because of the storm.”
“And where is your puppy? I like to meet him.”
“Oh.. He died a year ago.”
“Sorry about that.”
--
We then ate dinner. I made a vegetable salad. The two of us are full.

“So Butterscotch, where do you want to sleep?”
“Um.. I’m just a guest. You should decide.”
“Well I guess you can sleep with me?”
“Wouldn’t be that a burden to you?”
“Oh no, it wouldn’t” on the inside, I’m screaming and blushing.
I jumped at my bed. A few minutes later, I felt a jump at my bed. I can’t sleep. Few moments later, I felt hooves around me. I didn’t mind it. Not at all. Okay you got me I’m blushing.

Next Morning..

I jumped out of bed and look around for butterscotch.

"Butterscotch? Where are you?"
And to my surprise, he is in the kitchen, cooking pancakes.

"Good morning, Shy."
"Good morning"

"I cooked you breakfast"
"Aww you don't have to."
"Accept this as a token of gratitude."

I sat down and ate with him.

We chat and he talked about Equestria, the two rulers, and actually I’m not surprised for I am a pegasister.
“Hey Shy, do you have school?” asked ButterScotch
“Well I have but we have 2 weeks vacation. I don’t want to go home because my parents are on a trip, so it’s no use.”
“Sorry about that.”
“It’s nothing”
----
“By the way, I study Veterinary Science”
“Oh boy, I love animals!”
“Glad to hear it from you” I smiled.