• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 1,877 Views, 79 Comments

P.A.R.T. - Angels



In order to defeat animated foes, a human must take on an ultimate power.

  • ...
6
 79
 1,877

Observation

{Authors note: for all you maximum ride fans, lab coats are whitecoats, only less evil.}




Patrick opened his eyes to a bright light. He shut them again quickly.

An excited voice rang out. "There! Did you see it? It moved!"

"Oh don't be silly! It's just your imagination." A second voice joined the first, both coming from through what must be glass.

'Patrick? Are you ok?'

'Yeah, I'm good. Where am I?'

'In some sort of government building. They took you from where you fought Discord. I couldn't see much, but I think this is a lab.'

'A lab? Great.' He sat up. The two voices gasped. Patrick could see he was in a padded room, with a window in one wall and a steel door. The two lab-coated men dashed out of view.

'So what now? I could blast these doors, and probably through that wall...'

'No! Bad idea! You don't want people to be afraid! You are trying to save them! Remember, there are at lease two others out there!'

'Oh, right. So, I cooperate?'

'Yes. Don't use your powers at all. Not yet. But your mind is on steroids, right? So you have permission to have fun.'

'Fun?...' Patrick was confused.

'Fun. They don't know anything about you. For all they know, you're an alien!'

'Ohhhhh, fun!' It was at that exact moment that the two lab-coat men returned, accompanied by several important-looking men. One pushed a button on the wall outside.

"Greetings." His tone was stiff and unsure.

"Yo." Patricks response caused a small commotion among the group. Once they had calmed down, he spoke again.

"Are you human?"

"Well, duh! What did you think I was?"

"After seeing the arial footage, we really didn't know. You're fully human?"

"Ehh, no. Not fully." More pandemonium.

"Can you explain?"

Patrick snickered. "Nope!" The mans face twisted.

"Why not?"

"Because if I did, you wouldn't believe me!"

"...Alright. May we enter?"

"Can I stop you?" In Patrick's head, Tom said 'yes'. Patrick had to keep from smiling.

The door opened slowly. The man stood outside, beckoning for Patrick to come out. He stepped outside, and was greeted by multiple gun barrels.

"Hey! What's with the guns?"

"Just a precaution. Please, follow me." He turned, leading him down a hallway. He stopped at the end, opening a door. Patrick entered, and was met this time by more lab-coats, all of them scribbling on clipboards.

"If you'll please have a seat, we'll get started." Patrick sat, and the others all looked at him expectantly.

"Please explain this." The man was pointing to a small screen, showing Patrick in the city, fighting his way through the drones.

"Explain? Are you kidding? Even if I could, I'm not supposed to!"

A voice instantly responded. "Who told you not to tell?"

"Someone a lot smarter than you." The nerd began writing this down.

Another spoke up. "In this footage, you appear to be wearing something...metallic. Where is it? You did not have it with you when you were found."

"Excuse me for wearing my skin while I'm saving the city!"

"Not your skin, the metal on your skin."

'Tom, should I?'

'No, not yet.'

'Can I tell them, but not show them?'

'Alright, but not everything.'

"Please answer the question."

"That metal is me. I wasn't wearing anything other than my clothes."

"No, that metal is not a part of you. That would be ridiculous."

"Yeah, that's what I thought at first too. X-ray me if you want, but I'm not kidding."

* * *

The doctor handed a manilla folder to the lead nerd.

"Here are the x-ray results."

"Thank you." He pulled out several transparent sheets of plastic and held them up to the light. He blinked, rubbed his eyes, and looked again.

"No, that's impossible. Literally impossible. There's no way that much equipment could be built to compact into that small of a space."

Patrick laughed. "Well, physics states that fat bumble bees can't fly, but they still do!"

"But this is on a whole different level! I mean, with technology like this, you could put a full size tank in your pocket!" The man dressed like a general suddenly perked up. "Say that again?"

The man looked up from the x-rays. "This kind of tech makes nucular bombs look like pop-cap guns! A walking army inside one person!"

Patrick knew he had to stop this. "Pretty much. But even if you could get it, it would take you years to understand it!"

The general grinned. "But we DO have it! You just give it to us now, and we'll let you go!"

"Several problems with that. One, I can't just give it to you, it IS me! There is no machine! I am the machine! And second, if I gave it to you, who would stop the monsters?"

"What monsters?"

"The ones in the middle and east coast of this country."

"There's no such thing as monsters! Don't be silly!"

Tom broke in. 'You can show them now. I have a feeling we're getting out of here soon anyway.'

"Monsters are silly? Ridiculous? IMPOSSIBLE? Then go ahead and explain ME!" He activated No. 2.

The entire room backed away from him as the plates emerged and formed. One of the labcoats even ran to the hall, and judging by the sounds, threw up.

The process finished, and each and every person in the room was speechless. "I'll be going now. Don't try and stop me."