• Published 21st Dec 2012
  • 1,876 Views, 79 Comments

P.A.R.T. - Angels



In order to defeat animated foes, a human must take on an ultimate power.

  • ...
6
 79
 1,876

Harmony


Patrick woke up to screaming. Jumping up, he checked his room. All clear. The screaming was coming from outside. He opened his sliding window and looked down.

The city was in complete chaos. It was indescribable! The pure confusion, randomness, and sinister humor behind it all were horrifying.

'Tom? Any input?'

'Yes. Build No.2.' Patrick activated the second Form.

'And?'

'Jump.'

'What? No! I'll die!'

Tom huffed. 'We don't have time for this!' He took control of Patrick's body, bending his knees and vaulting over the edge.

"Ahhhhhhhh-" Patricks scream was cut short by his perfect landing. He looked around in wonder. The support pistons on his feet had descended a good fifteen feet, slowing him down until he touched the ground.

'Wha-...that was...don't ever do that again!'

Tom chuckled. 'Alright. But c'mon! We need to hurry!' Patrick began running to city hall.

The worst part was the screaming. The city he had lived his whole life in was in pain, and he had to save it.

He dashed faster than he could have normally, due to the P.A.R.T.. He launched off of a wall, effectively turning a corner.

And he saw them. His first thought was zombies. What with the fact half the city was now walking robotically, no expressions on their faces.

Tom interrupted. 'Not zombies. Just corrupted.'

'Corrupted? By what?'

'Discord.'

That made Patrick scared. He was fighting Discord, not an army of his friends! He saw a commotion near a coffee shop. A still-normal human had been found. He saw one of the 'drones' grab their face, and he heard the screaming. Now he was angry.

'Tom? Does this weapon have a nonlethal setting?'

'Yes. I'll set it now.'

'Good. Cause I don't want to kill anybody. That's not my job.'

He leapt in front of the nearest drone. He raised his hand, focusing. A short screech erupted, slamming into the human in from to him. It was blasted back, but not hurt. He spun, firing into the next drones.

_____

[news helicopter, above the city]

"I'm now seeing the city in complete chaos. We urge you to stay inside your homes! If you are still able to hear this, please, stay in your...Steve? Look! There! Go lower! Down there!" The camera panned down, zooming in on small bursts of light.

"Go lower! I don't care about the regulations! Go down to street level!" The bursts of light could now be seen coming from an individual. A young man, from the looks of it.

"I'm seeing a young man fighting back! Somehow, he's firing...something, and its working! The corrupted people are being stopped! Can we get closer?" Now at roof level, the chopper went lower, carefully, but steadily.

"He seems to be wearing some sort of metal. His hands and feet are metallic, as well as his face." The man looked up at the news chopper, smiling and waving. The anchorwoman nearly screamed.

"It's the Borg! Fly up! Fly up!"

____

[patrick]

The chopper flew back up, much faster than it had descended. He shrugged, turning to blast another drone.

'Patrick! We need to hurry!'

'Alright, alright.' He began running, hands in front. He blasted whatever was in his way.

The trip to city hall took about ten minutes. He skidded to a stop, having deactivated his armor, and turned to the monster sitting on a couch.

"Discord."

"How is it that everypony knows my name? No matter, soon every human will know our names!"

"No."

'Patrick, I need to control your body for a moment.'

'No!'

'Its imperative!,

'Alright...' His mouth began moving on its own.

"Discord!"

"We've been over this..."

"You are in direct violation of Guild by-law 144.7! As current protecter of this planet, I ask you once to stand down!"

The monsters face changed quite dramatically. "Lucky guess, human! There's no way you could really know that!"

"Oh, he's quite human."

"What?"

"But I'm not."

'Go! Go! Go!' Patrick formed No 2, he shot into Discord's face faster than he could react. The force of the blast stripped all the hair from his upper body. It grew back moments later, but orange. He bent over, panting.

"A P.A.R.T.? Celestia dammit!" The monster flapped his wings, rising up. "Alright, lets play a game!"

"No. No games. You are hurting this city."

"Aww, but I just love games! How about one lik-" Patrick had blasted him again, this time in the midsection.

"Oomph!"

Not wasting a second, Patrick looked around for anything useful. The fight earlier had left many discarded weapons. Patrick picked up an assault rifle. The usual screens activated.

'Integrate! Do it!' Toms tone was urgent. Patrick touched Yes. Instantly, the gun dissolved, forming a holographic one.

<Improve? Y/N?> Yes.

The hologram began shifting. The barrel became shorter, while the sight dissolved completely. Small things sprouted on, things Patrick had never seen before. 'Hurry!'

He raised the gun, aiming at Discord. He saw this and simply laughed. "Oh, they already tried that! Guns don't even make a scratch!"

A final screen appeared. <harmonize?> Patrick smiled.

"This isn't a gun." He pulled the trigger.

A single shot tore through the air. It left a multicolored trail behind as it streaked to its final destination. It struck Discord dead center, causing a ripple across his body.

"What? No! Not again!" He began solidifying, becoming colorless. "Why? Wherever I go, it's always ston-" he was cut off by the transformation reaching his mouth. When he was fully stone, he toppled over, somehow not breaking.

'That was beautiful. A+!'

'Thanks. I just feel a little tire...' Patrick collapsed to the ground. The massive usage of his powers had drained him of energy. He would sleep for a good twelve hours before he could even walk again.

'Oh, balls.'