• Published 16th Jan 2012
  • 8,559 Views, 105 Comments

My Little Broly - LloydZelos



Broly, the Legendary Super Saiyajin, is miraculously alive...and sent to Equestria as a last resort.

  • ...
8
 105
 8,559

New place, new body, new...people?

"Fillies and gentlecolts! Greet the ruler of Equestria, the Princess of the Sun, Princess Celestia!"

The unicorn guard finished his announcement and bowed, while his fellow in arms and a certain lavender pony did likewise. They were at the throne room in the Canterlot castle, and the bright sunlight was coming through the windows. But the immensely powerful and wise being that stood at her regal seat shined indeed more than the morning star. Celestia smiled gently and, rising her head, spoke calmly.

"All of you can rise. Guards, get out of the room. I need to talk with my student alone."

The two armored stallions bowed quickly and exited the big chamber, closing the big golden door after them. It made a loud sound, and a heavy silence fell. After what seemed like hours, the white alicorn spoke.

"Twilight Sparkle."

"Yes, your majesty?!" the unicorn shouted. She immediately regretted losing her manners in front of her mentor, but she couldn't help it. The princess had sent her a letter only a few hours ago requesting her presence in the palace, and such a sudden meeting couldn't mean anything good. She was sweating and hyperventilating, but tried to stay calm. "S-sorry about that, it's only that I'm surprised about your letter, and..."

"Twilight."

"Y-yes, princess?"

"Please, get close. Do you know why I requested your presence here so early in the morning?"

"Certainly not, your highness" Twilight spoke while slowly walking on the red carpet that lead to the throne, stopping a few meters away from her teacher. It was true, the sun had just risen when Spike belched a puff of green flame that transformed into a scroll with the seal of the royal sisters.

"Well, I'm not surprised. After all, you must have been quite distracted lately, given the way you are distending your duties..." the white mare spoke, narrowing her eyes at her.

"E-excuse me? Princess, what are you saying?" Twilight say with widening eyes. If she was nervous some moments ago, now the panicking time had arrive.

"Tell me, Twilight. Remember when I ordered you to stay in Ponyville? What did I say to you?"

"You told me to study the magic of friendship and send you reports about it."

"Yes. And what have you been doing since then?"

"W-well, just that. When I discover something new about friendship, I send a letter about it to you. I'm also studying hard, of course!"

"Is that true, Twilight? I can watch you. I'm ALWAYS watching you. Don't lie to me."

"Huh? I'm not lying to you, princess..." she said, while thinking about how Celestia was watching her every move was extremely awkward. Her train of thoughts got interrupted at the sound of Celestia's golden encased hoof slamming into the floor.

"Listen to me, Twilight Sparkle! You're studying hard, that's true. And you used to send me friendship reports regularly. But in the last weeks, you've been spending a lot of time with your friends. Too much time, I must say. When I allowed you to stay in Ponyville, I certainly didn't want you to loose yourself as much as these last weeks, when not a single scroll from you has arrived to me."

"But princess, if that's the problem, I can assure you that things have gone rather peacefully back at home. I-I haven't learned anything new about friendship recently, honest!" the young mare said while sensing her eyes turning hotter by each second.

"And there you go again, hiding your pitiful mistakes under a coat of laziness. If nothing remarkable has happened to you and your friends, you can always investigate around town or even other places of Equestria. But no, you had to let the days pass by while reading, doing experiments or enjoying with your friends at picnics, parties and so. Tell me, Twilight, when did I become less important that your friends? When did such a smart and promising student like you turn into such as...common pony?" Celestia said waving her head.

"P-princess, it's not like that...Besides, that time when I messed everything up in Ponyville with my doll, you told me..."

"I was NOT talking about taking such extreme and wrong measures again..." she sighed, and continued talking. "It seems that you're not accepting your failure. I don't recognize you, Twilight Sparkle. I'm really sorry, but you must be punished for this. Maybe I should lock you, or banish you, or lock you at the same place where I banish you..."

"NO! Please Princess, don't do that!" said Twilight while falling to her knees, now sobbing uncontrollably. "I w-will change, I swear! I'll attend my duties better! But please, don't punish me! I d-don't want to lose Spike, or my friends, or Ponyville! I didn't know...Please, give me another chance..."

Tears were running freely down her cheeks, her hooves covering her eyes, not daring to look at her disappointed teacher. Finally, the princess sighed and gave her a small smile.

"Well, I can see that you're really sorry. Tell me, Twilight: have you taken breakfast?"

"N-no, princess. I was in such a hurry, that I totally forgot."

"Then, would you like something to eat? We can discuss about your problem calmly later. Is that ok?"

"That would be wonderful, princess" Twilight said while wiping away some tears and smiling a little. Perhaps she could convince her mentor to be easy with her.

"Well then, come a little closer...one more step...there." Then, she gave her a devilish smile. "Tell me, Twilight. Do you like bananas?"


"Who."

"AAAAAAAAAAHHHH!" Twilight yelled at the top of her lungs, and fell out from her bed. She was still sweating. That had been a terrible nightmare, although the last part seemingly related with the long and yellow fruit seemed really strange to her. Raising her head from the floor, she could see her pet and nightly assistant owl, Owlowiscious, looking at her from her pillow. It seemed that the bird had awaked her from her sleep.

"Ouch...Hey, thank you, Owlowiscious. It's really late, what do you want?" she said while rubbing her temples, still sore from the falling.

"Who" said the bird while pointing at the front door downstairs with a wing.

"Wait, what's happening at the door?"

Still half asleep, she made her way to the lower floor of the library. Then, she heard a faint knock.

"It's late in the night! Who are you and what do you want?" said rather annoyed. Instead of a spoken response, the knocking could be heard again, a little louder this time. Giving an exasperated sigh, she opened the door with her magic, finding a certain white bunny waiting at the other side.

"Angel? Is that you? What are you doing here at this time of the night?"

The small pet grabbed his ears down like his owner's haircut, hiding his face behind them while pointing at the Everfree Forest with one foot. The lavender mare, quite amused, hesitated for a second before speaking.

"Is something wrong with Fluttershy?"

Angel merely nodded, dropping his ears and signaling her to follow him.

"Ok, wait a second. Owlowiscious, come here please." The big eyed bird came flying from upstairs, silently landing on his perch. "I want you to guard the house while I'm outside. Take care of yourself and Spike, please."

"Who."

"Thank you. Now Angel, lead the way!" said while closing the door again. She then ran behind the white bunny, wishing that Fluttershy was alright. Nothing good could happen at the Everfree Forest at night.


Darkness. Broly was floating in an endless dark abyss, not sensing, hearing or seeing anything. That didn't mattered, given his power nothing could harm him. And talking about fear was absurd, he didn't fear anything. Heck, he had destroyed countless planets and even a whole galaxy single-handed.

The proud saiyajin had been there from what seemed like ages. The last thing he remembered was his epic fight against Goku and his family, and how a little distraction had almost took away his life. He was furious, this was his second failure trying to kill his old enemy. Then, as if the environment was hearing his thoughts, the orange clothed warrior appeared from nowhere, not too far from him.

"Well well, what do we have here? Long time no see, Broly" calmly spoke Goku, although with a tone of malice in his voice.

"KAKAROTTO!" the person in question angrily shouted. He began to concentrate, trying to transform into a Super Saiyajin. But he was surprised after realizing that, no matter how much he tried, he couldn't begin his transformation. In fact, he couldn't gather any drop of Ki in his body.

"It seems that you're as weak as ever. How is it even possible to having killed so many beings, blowing up hundreds of planets, and even destroyed an entire galaxy...and not being able to transform in order to defeat a single enemy?" He cackled. "You're pitiful, Broly. And I'm not the only one who thinks that."

Another person appeared next to Goku from thin air: a mature man, clothed with the classical saiyajin armor and a white robe. He had black, spiky hair and a curved down moustache of the same color, and a long scar adorned his left eye. He was Broly's father, Paragus.

"Father?! Impossible! I killed you! I launched you into the comet!"

"That's right, Broly. You killed me. And I'm really ashamed about being assassinated by the hands of a disgusting person like you" He spat to a side and brought a hand to his head. "I'd like to say that I believed in you, in your strength, but I suppose that you were always a broken toy. An obstacle I should have got rid of a long time. I always feared you, even had to control you with that crown."

He then pointed to his blind eye before speaking again.

"You did this to me, and I decided to take precautions. After all, I needed to control your vicious rampage. You were always like a stupid animal, punching and kicking everything and wasting your Ki like if you were playing in a sandbox. That's right, like a useless baby. Heck, even your laughs when you were destroying things were..."

His speech was cut by Broly, who quickly flew towards him and throw a punch right to his face. However, the blow never made contact: his father vanished from his location and reappeared a few meters ago, sighing with exasperation.

"As I said earlier, disgusting. It was a failure to have a son like you. Your birth caused King Vegeta to try killing both of us, you were always disturbing me, you ended killing me without letting me to defend myself and thus spitting to your honor...and you were defeated by a minor saiyajin and his family."

"He's right, Broly" Goku said. "I was born being a lot weaker than you, and still I managed to defeat you two times. Pity I wasn't capable of killing you, but perhaps it's a better ending for you. Travelling across the cold space forever...forever..."

Shouting full of rage, Broly launched himself to his two enemies, throwing punches and kicks and trying to do deadly suplex to them, sometimes even tackling blindly. He wanted to obliterate their skulls, shatter their skeletons, dismember their bodies. But no matter what, they always dodged the attacks like they were nothing, continuing to mock him in the process. After some time, the enraged saiyajin started to get tired too quickly, like an external force was restraining him. His members started to weigh like lead, his forehead had a thin layer of sweat. At the end, he wasn't able to move anymore.

"It seems that you're at your limit, Broly. Not a single blow...not that I'm surprised, of course. Farewell, fail of a son" said Paragus before disappearing. Then Goku spoke one last time, with a maniacal grin on his face.

"As you see, you'll never defeat me. I'll plague your thoughts and nightmares forever, Broly. You'll never get rid of me, the common saiyajin that started to torture you right after being born."

He began to laugh while slowly floating away from him into the total emptiness. Broly could only watch this full of rage and started to shout his name.

"Kakarotto...KAKAROTTO..."


"KAKAROTTO!"

Broly stood up, fully awake from his nightmare and full of pain. He was sweating profusely, and breathing heavily. After finally calming himself after some minutes, he noticed something: he wasn't in the space anymore. The last thing he remembered was the collective attack from his enemy's family, being seriously burned by his proximity to the sun, and nothing more.

He started to look into his surroundings. He was in a soft and warm bed, it seemed. It was dark in whatever this place was, so he couldn't see very much. Before he could try to do some more research. he heard someone speaking.

"Ah, you're finally awake. Wait a moment, please."

The room lit up, allowing him to see some more things. He was indeed in a bed, which was behind a light blue curtain. At his left side was a bedside table with a metallic jar full of water and an empty glass. The curtain opened and revealed something really strange: a quadruped being inside a containment suit, his face being the only visible part of it behind a transparent helmet. It had blue eyes behind a pair of glasses, tan skin and...a horn?

"The nurse said you were violently moving in your sleep, and I came as soon as I could. So, how are you feeling?" Its voice came through a speaker placed on the neck of the suit.

Broly didn't respond at first, he was busy trying to decipher what was happening. Finally, he managed to mutter a question.

"Where am I?"

"You're in Ponyville's Hospital, I'm Dr. Heart. I must say, I'm really impressed about you being alive. You had so much and serious burns, it's a miracle that you haven’t' dead from them." It...levitated? Yes, it levitated the clipboard that was attached to the front of his bed onto eye level, its horn emitting a faint blue glow during the process. "In fact, you're recovering at amazing speed, and I can't understand why. More than an eighty percent of your body was burned, your skin and muscles have disappeared from some places, even some bones are broken. Although your skeleton is black by nature, we can safely say that it has almost charred. It seems like you have been exposed to a very intense heat for a few moments, then to a strong coldness, being the sudden change of temperature the cause of even more injuries, the fractures I mentioned one of them. What have you done, fly into the sun?" he joked.

'Almost', Broly thought. He began to examine his upper body: he was covered in bandages (save his head or at least his eyes, given he could see perfectly) and both of his arms were connected to plastic bags full of serum or medicines, he couldn't know. There was something strange, though: his body seemed smaller than before, and he had no fingers. Maybe he had lost them after the fight? Before he had time to see his waist and legs. the creature spoke again.

"But seriously, you're a total mystery. You seem to be a very strong stallion, but there's no way that a pony could have survived from such injuries. When the two ladies that brought you here assured me that you were still breathing, I thought that they were plain crazy. And after some urgent intensive treatment and rest, here you are. This is indeed the most interesting medical case that I have seen in all my life. And about the suit, it's necessary. We don't want you to catch an infection, which would be deadly given your state."

He didn't know it, but his ears perked up upon hearing that this being had called him "stallion" and "pony", or so he thought. Before he could question it, the creature spoke again.

"Oh, before I forget, the two mares that found you wanted to see you as soon as you were awake. Wait a moment, I'll brought them here." After that, he exited the room, leaving a very confused Broly behind.

He started to regain his thoughts. It seemed that he had been rescued from space by a race of sentient horses, what it was just absurd. True, during his travels across the universe he had seen many kind of alien races, but ponies...no, it couldn't be. But being called like a member of this animal species was that bothered him the most. Perhaps they called him that because he was a male, and didn't know what he was. Made sense, right?

Then, a sound of a sliding door could be heard, and two new beings wearing the same kind of suit as the doctor entered the room. One of them had a lavender color, purple eyes, dark blue mane with a pink stripe and a horn. The other one walked more hesitantly and had a pale yellow skin, blue eyes and light pink mane. They looked like females, instead that the doctor before, who was indeed a he.

"It's a relief that you're finally awake. In fact, I cannot believe that you're actually alive...Oops, my manners! I'm Twilight Sparkle, and she's Fluttershy. What's your name?" the purple one spoke. Yes, totally feminine voice. He tried to speak, but his throat was dry like a desert due to the dehydration and only managed to croak. Seeing this, Twilight grabbed the jar with her magic and poured some water into the glass, giving it to him. Broly had his eyes wide open: she was levitating objects without using Ki. He still sensed some kind of power inside her, but it was totally different from the mystical one warriors across the universe used. Unable to grab the glass without fingers, and still shocked about his last discovering, he dropped it and its content on his bed sheets, dampening them and infuriating himself. Twilight repeated the process, trying to rising the glass to his lips, but he grabbed it with big efforts. No one was going to give him food or water like he was a baby. After drinking and feeling the cool liquid travelling down his throat, he left the glass on his covers and spoke.

"Broly."

"Well Broly, it's a pleasure to meet you. The doctor has told us about your injuries, and I'm really amazed! I knew that earth ponies were strong, but..."

"What are you, and what the hell is going on?!" he violently cut her. Fluttershy hid behind Twilight, who blinked a few times before answering.

"...Well, we are ponies, just like you, of course! I'm a unicorn, and Fluttershy is a pegasus. You're an earth pony. Do you have a concussion in your head and have forgotten who you are?" she spoke, quite surprised about his outburst.

"Mirror. NOW" he angrily said. Without saying a word, Twilight exited the room with a quick trot, leaving a very scared pegasus watching him behind. An awkward silence followed for some minutes.

"What are you looking at?" Broly finally spoke.

"Eep! Oh, I, um...I'm glad that you're alive..."

"Humph."

"Here, a sterilized mirror" Twilight said, entering the room again while levitating a bathroom mirror in front of her and putting it in front of Broly, at enough distance so he could see his whole body. His fears confirmed.

His head, now dark green colored (as the rest of his body, he presumed) and with some gauzes over it, was indeed the head of a horse. A pony, given that he, although bigger than the mares, wasn't as big as a normal horse. His black mane still conserved his old haircut, he had big lime eyes that allowed him to see bandages everywhere down his neck. Tossing the bed sheets aside (what brought enormous pain to him), he could also see that the end of his left leg wasn't covered in medical fabric and a black hoof was then visible. He had a black tail with a shape similar to his mane, and his uncovered flanks had a strange tattoo which resembled one of his energy balls.

"WHAT THE HELL IS THIS??"

"Calm yourself! Your wounds will open!"

"I don't want to calm myself! I demand to know what's happening!! You did this to me? I'll KILL you if you dared to transform my body!!” he tried to get out his bed, but his attempt only ended in a nasty fall to the floor, cries of pain and coughing blood.

“Oh my goodness, are you alright?” Fluttershy said, still scared. She rushed to his side and reached a hoof to him, but retreated when he smacked it angrily.

“I said CALM DOWN!” Twilight couldn’t take it anymore, and seeing that the stallion was dangerous and nervous for some reason, she levitated him into his bed again and tied him with a rope produced from thin air. However, Broly broke it without efforts, so she had to immobilize him with her bare magic.

“LET ME GO!” Broly was angry and impressed. These ponies could have transformed him into one of them, and this unicorn was grabbing him with her powers. He couldn’t escape. He was defenseless, and he didn’t like it at all.

“No, I won’t let you go until you calm yourself and let us explain!”

“What’s happening here? What’s all this shouting?” said Dr. Heart while entering the room again. He was mouth agape when saw Twilight holding Broly with her magic.

“We have a problem, Doctor! This stallion has gone quite violent, doesn’t attend to reasoning, and don’t hear our explanations!” the lavender mare explained sweating. Broly’s movements were starting to weaken her, he was quite energetic.

“W-well, I think I have a solution. Do you want me to give him some tranquilizers?”

“No, not yet. I want him to listen to us, fully awake.”

The doctor silently nodded and went to a speaker placed in a nearby wall. He pressed a red button under it and spoke.
“Attention to security nurses, we have a stallion at Special Care here that needs to be magically restrained. We need the strongest unicorns to aid. Be quick.”

Broly snorted after hearing that. Magic? Yeah, of course. Like he was going to believe in such fairytales. Still, he was still wondering about Twilight’s (well, all of this unicorns) source of power. But it just couldn’t be. While thinking, he still tried to buck himself free from this purple aura, but to no avail. The mare in front of him seemed tired, but refused to giving up. After some minutes, three stallions entered the room, suited up like the doctor and the mares. They had horns, so they were unicorns, but they were rather bulky and bigger than the three other ponies. Their horns glowed, each one with a different color, and more colors mixed with the purple that was keeping him in place.

“You can stop the spell now, miss. These nurses are experts on incidents like these. Either a pony starts having spasms from an illness or is just…too nervous to act rationally, we have a special team of unicorns to hold him or her in place with magic in order to avoid self-damage or hurting others.” the doctor said, reassuringly.

“Um…Is he gonna be alright? Not that I’m questioning you, but…” Fluttershy timidly spoke.

“Don’t worry. As I said, they have a lot of experience in this kind of situations. He’ll not move, nor feel any pain.”

“Okay doctor, I trust you” Twilight said, and released Broly from her magic. She gave a little moan of exhaustion, steaming her helmet and groaning for that.

Meanwhile, the mad stallion was breathing heavily, tired from trying to break free. He hadn’t succeed in his task earlier, and seeing how this new trio of captors was restraining him without effort, it was useless to try anything. But he was still speechless about what had happened in the last hours…well, not really.

“How are you doing this?” he angrily muttered, loudly enough to be heard.

“Well, seems that you’re more calm now” Twilight said with a smirk.

“Answer me!”

The purple unicorn was losing her nerves. This was being a painful night, first getting awake by Angel after having a paranoid and crazy nightmare, then running to Everfree Forest to find Fluttershy and an almost dead stallion, carrying him to hospital, and waiting there in order to know about his recovery. And he was being quite ungrateful. She stomped a hoof on the floor.

“Look mister, I’ve tried to be polite, but…!” Her speech was suddenly stopped by Fluttershy, who put a hoof in front of her in order to attract her attention and then waved her head.

“Fluttershy, what are you…”

“Twilight, please, leave this to me.”

“What?!”

“I’ve seen these kind of reactions from wounded animals a lot of times. Like them, this guy is scared, doesn’t know what’s happening and won’t trust us, although we’re trying to help him. It’s just natural for him to have this behavior” she calmly spoke.

“Then what do you suggest to do?”

The pale yellow mare just smiled and turned her sight towards Broly. She trotted a few steps until she was at a side of the bed, and sat on the floor.

“Watch out!” Twilight shouted. She trusted the mare’s experience with animals, but the angry being that stood floating over her wasn’t an animal…well, he was a sapient one, but the point was, he seemed really dangerous and strong.

“Twilight, these kind nurses are holding him in place. Do you trust them and the doctor?” she said looking at her.

“…Well, yes, it’s only that…”

“Then I trust them as well, Please, don’t worry” spoke while smiling, and then returned to look at the green stallion. “Well, mister…” she said,. She have heard his name before, but she wanted him to open a bit to her saying it again. Besides, letting him to introduce himself again would be a nice way to gain his trust, like a new beginning between all of them.

He looked at her. He didn’t like that pony. In fact, he didn’t like any of the ponies in this room. He only wanted to get out of there, better smashing anyone who tried to stop him against the walls, and return to the planet where Goku was in order to kill him. But he couldn’t move due to his injuries and the fact of being somehow held in the air with a power unknown to him, and he still had to retrieve his old body. The only thing he could do now was to comply and talk to her, at least that’s what she seemed wanting to do. Well, at least she hadn’t do anything to him like the nurses, the doctor and Twilight, who also was really annoying him with her commanding attitude. This Fluttershy was pathetic and weak, but still.

“Broly” he said, a big frown on his face.

“Mister Broly” she said politely, “it seems you’re quite confused about what has happened to you. It’s okay if I tell you all that’s happened tonight related to your situation?”

He quietly nodded. She then started to tell him all the strange events that have happened that night, starting with his crash into the Everfree Forest.