• Published 14th Dec 2012
  • 3,985 Views, 135 Comments

Jurassic Park: Site Pony - walk-in closet brony

  • ...
5
 135
 3,985

Prologue

"Life finds a way..."

Twilight Sparkle

"Y'know Twilight, if you keep yourself pent up in this library all day your gonna forget to eat again and then I'm going to have to force feed you... again!" Scolded Spike.

The curious purple mare, eyes bloodshot after days of reading The Unicorns Guide to Teleportation, barely acknowledged her assistant. Instead, she kept her mind focused on the task at hoof. Over twenty especially large tomes sat in an organized chaos surrounding Twilight as she read through each one over and over again at an astounding speed trying to perfect her teleportation skills. She had started out small, working on basic distancing techniques to perfect her ability to accurately transfer from one spot to another. She then moved on to more advanced practice, teleporting at varied distances to test her limits. So far, she had reached a precise distance of forty feet before she could go no further without ending up somewhere she didn't want to be.

"Are you even listening to me?" Asked the purple dragon.

Twilight perked her head up, finishing a large passage focused primarily on teleportation during different climates.

"Huh? Oh, yeah of course Spike. Uh... what were you saying again?" Asked Twilight in a daze.

Her assistant face-palmed and opened up the front door to the library, letting in light Twilight hadn't seen in days.

"Ah! Spike, shut the door please!" The mare said, shielding her eyes.

"Twilight, you're supposed to meet Rarity and Fluttershy at the spa today. Remember?" Spike exclaimed.

"Oh yeah, that was today wasn't it?" Said Twilight.

Reminding herself that friends were more important than a simple magic spell, Twilight sat up and began stacking the books back up in alphabetical order. After all, friendship always came before studies.

"Well, I'm gonna head out. Rarity wanted me to watch Opalescence while she was gone." Spike said with a goofy grin.

On that note, Spike gleefully skipped into town, leaving Twilight to herself.

"Heh, that dragon. Honestly, he would jump off a cliff for that mare." Twilight noted with a smirk.

Resuming the cleanup, Twilight began employing her newly gained skills into the chore. She would teleport to one pile of books and stack them and once that was done, she would repeat the process. Finally winding down to the last few tomes, Twilight didn't bother to teleport to the next pile seeing as though they sat only a few feet away.

"I guess that does it- WHOA!"

Twilight tripped and landed face first on the floor. Groaning, she sat up and surveyed the wooden floor for the culprit. Gazing at the dusty lump of literature on her carpet, Twilight levitated the tome that she had so foolishly stepped on to her face. Dusting off the cover, she read the title aloud to herself.

"Huh? The Multiverse: Knowledge of Teleporting and Beyond."

This must have been one of the many books loaned to her by Celestia herself, one of the many perks to being the personal protégé of the princess of Equestria. The Canterlot library housed many interesting texts, but this one was quite alien to her. In all her time spent in the library, never once had she come across this book.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to read a couple more paragraphs before I leave..." Said Twilight.

With a devious grin she flipped open the book and read earnestly, absorbing the knowledge laid out in front of her.

Gerry Harding

"But daaaaaaaaaad!" Whined Jessica, Gerry Harding's daughter.

Gerry shut the box of Cocoa Crunchies and sat down to eat his cereal with a resounding thud.

"No means no Jess, and that's final. I'm not letting you go see a punk rock band with a bunch of hoodlums." He chastised.

"Dad! C'mon, I totally survived an island full of dinosaurs! I'm pretty sure I can handle myself at a concert." Said Jessica, crossing her arms in frustration.

Gerry gave his daughter an irritated look and spoke as such.

"That does not count. You almost got killed a number of times and plus, I was with you more than half of the time!" Gerry pointed out.

Defeated, Jessica slid down into her chair and scooped up a spoonful of oatmeal.

She hated oatmeal.

Ring Ring!

"I'll get it." Said Gerry, getting up from the table and answering the phone.

"Hello?"

A worried, feminine voice crackled through the receiver.

"Is this Mr. Harding? Gerry Harding?" It asked.

"Um, yes. Yes it is." Answered Gerry.

"This is Doctor Ellie Sattler. I believe we've already met."

Harding gasped. One of the survivors of Isla Nublar!

"Dear god, of course I remember you miss Sattler. You helped me tend the Triceratops in the field before it all went down." Said Gerry.

"I'm glad you got off the island alright. Listen, we need to talk." Sattler spoke cautiously.

"Sure, whatever you need." Said Gerry.

There was a short pause, a hesitation in her voice, and then she spoke in a quiet tone.

"It's about the park. It's about Hammond..."

Gerry donned a look of worry.

"Oh no. What's happened this time?" He asked.

"You're aware of the incident with site B right?" She said.

"Yeah... that crazy mathematician visited the place with his girlfriend or something. Shit hit the fan is what I heard. Rex got loose in San Diego, public went haywire. Still can't believe that they bought the explanation the media gave them." Said Gerry.

"Yes, doctor Malcolm did run into trouble with some surviving dinos. We still don't know how they made it out but we're glad they did. Anyways, something has come up..." Sattler trailed off.

"What?" Gerry was determined to get right to the point.

"Hammond has gone to another island off the coast of Baja California. Before he went, he consulted doctor Grant about a developing situation there and asked if he would accompany him. Naturally, Alan refused but Hammond went anyway. We haven't heard from him in three weeks. Neither from him or the expedition he took in." Said Ellie.

"Oh god, not again..." Gerry gasped.

"I know, we need your help though Dr. Harding. You're an expert in this field of science. We could really use you when we go looking for those people." Said Sattler.

"You know I don't work for Ingen anymore. I quit after Isla Nublar." Gerry exclaimed.

"This isn't funded by Ingen. It's just going to be me, you, doctor Grant, and few others." She said.

Gerry sighed. He had a daughter. He couldn't just leave her.

"Listen miss Sattler, I'd love to take you up on your wild goose chase but I have a kid I need to look after for the weekend. This is pretty much the only time I get to see her. Plus, I'd rather not have another run-in with a freaking Velociraptor."

"I understand. It was a long shot from the start. Sorry for bothering you Mr. Harding." Said Ellie.

Hanging up the phone, Gerry stood next to the counter and pondered his decision. If Hammond was interested in another god damn island, then that meant dinosaurs were most likely involved. Crazy bastard. But the prospect that Hammond had brought along a consortium to follow him in was just suicide. Plus, Sattler and Grant were going in. If anything happened to them, he would carry the guilt on his shoulders for a long time knowing that he could have done something about it, but didn't. Silently, Gerry cursed himself and picked up the phone. Pressing the redial button, he waited as the dial tone rang in his ears.

"Hello?"

Gerry gulped, struggling to get the words out of his mouth at first.

"Dr. Sattler, I've decided to reconsider your offer..."

Authors note: This story will contain elements from the first two movies and the game by Telltale studios. It takes place after the second movie and negates the third. Meaning, Hammond didn't die as he did in the book and the third movie never happened. (Even though it was pretty bad-ass)