• Published 14th Dec 2012
  • 3,985 Views, 135 Comments

Jurassic Park: Site Pony - walk-in closet brony

  • ...
5
 135
 3,985

Chapter 5

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight and Langston fell to the ground twenty feet away from the Rex. Realizing this, Langston shot up and slung Twilight over his shoulders.

"HOLY SHEEEEEIIIIT!" He yelled as he sprinted deeper into the jungle, a still dazed Twilight clinging to his back.

The Tyrannosaurus let out a deafening bellow and resumed it's chase after crashing through the tree that blocked it's way. Twilight came to and stared at the beast heading their way. It's teeth were ground sharp, lathered in blood and entrails. Aside from the saliva dripping from it's jaws, Twilight was also distracted by the hungry eyes locked on herself and her companion.

"Peter move faster!" Shouted Twilight, the rank breath of the Rex catching up to them.

"I'm trying! Do something to slow it down!" Langston cried in exasperation.

"Like what? Do I look like an all-powerful sorcerer to you?!" Twilight yelled in a rather annoyed voice.

Langston didn't say anything back and only concentrated on the terrain in front of him. Twilight began frantically surveying their surroundings to try and see what she could do to slow down the creature. Aside from rocks, ferns, and trees, nothing came to mind until they entered a rugged gorge. Heading straight down the middle, Twilight watched in disbelief as the Rex pushed aside the rocks that blocked it's passage and continued after them down the large trench.

"It's still coming!" Shouted Twilight in desperation.

"You're kidding me!" Langston yelled back.

Looking for a way out, Twilight eyed the top of the gorge. Nothing was worth her attention until a large pile of boulders piqued her interest. They were stacked sloppily, ready to collapse and roll down the steep incline at a moments notice.

Light bulb.

Summoning all her strength, Twilight enveloped the huge rocks with a purple aura and gave it her all. Within a few seconds, they were bouncing down the hill straight towards the lumbering behemoth. The beast let out a sharp whine before it was buried under the rock and dirt that was now it's tomb.

"Peter, you can stop running now." Twilight sighed in relief.

Not even bothering to look behind him, Langston stopped and hunched over to catch his breath.

"Heh, I don't know what you did Twilight but you are a life saver." He laughed.

Twilight was about to chuckle too when she spotted something that made her heart drop down into her stomach. Hopping over the pile of rocks, two large forms with frighteningly large claws on their feet snarled at them and started toward Langston. Two of those raptor things must have followed them after Peter shot the Rex.

"Peter? RUN!" Yelled Twilight.

"But we just sto-"

Langston caught his tongue before the next words came out as he set his gaze on the two Velociraptors that now approached them.

"Oh come on..." He sighed in disbelief.

Jessica Harding

Jessica Harding watched in awe as the Rex's jaws ascended from her small form and aimed toward the tree line in the distance. The monster was obviously occupied with something else as it now moved toward the other end of the field. Relieved, she began to stand up slowly, clutching her hand to her forehead that now ached severely.

"JESSI! RUN!" Yelled Gerry as he hopped the rest of the way down the ladder and grabbed his daughter.

The remaining Rex and the Allosaurs were engaged in heated combat but that didn't stop the raptors from snaking around the fight and going after the easier prey. Grant jumped down and headed after Gerry and Jessica as they fled into the forest leaving Malcolm, Sattler, Hammond, Bruce, and Claire to fend for themselves at the top of the high-hide.

"Keep moving!" Yelled Grant as he caught up with Gerry and his daughter with ease.

The raptors were close behind, completely ignoring the stranded people in the tower. Veering left into a thick web of foliage, the three survivors sought out refuge in the labyrinth of jungle that appeared all around them.

"Keep running! Don't look back, it only slows you down!" Said Gerry.

"We gotta find shelter Gerry, c'mon we'll escape the raptors through this-"

The group rammed straight into another figure, effectively cutting Grant off. Scrambling to their feet, Alan and Gerry formed a human wall with Jessica behind them, fearing the worst.

"Ow, what the hell?" Said the figure that had hit the ground moments after colliding with the group of three.

Alan and Gerry eyed each other suspiciously and moved to observe the form on the ground. To their surprise, it was another human. Helping the man up, he spoke with surprised relief as he rubbed the lump that had formed on his head.

"Who are you three? I didn't know there were other people on the island." Said the man.

"That doesn't matter right now, we need to go!" Said Grant as the raptors crashed through the tall grass only a few feet away from him.

All four people ran off in the same direction in a panic as the bloodthirsty creatures closed in from behind.

"The name's Frank Clarkson. What the hell is going on?" Asked Frank.

"I don't think now is the time for introductions Mr. Clarkson, we need to find better shelter!" Said Gerry.

The group ran until the grass softened up into small patches that replaced the tall weeds. To the right of them lay a hill that sat beside the jungle edge. Seeing an opportunity, Grant changed direction and motioned the group to follow him.

"This should slow the raptors down a bit! Maybe we can gather our bearings once we reach the top!" He shouted.

Following his lead, the group scaled the hill and watched as the raptors emerged from the thick leaves below them. Though they struggled up the hillside, the raptors made surprising progress which only pressured the panicked humans above.

"Whoa. Dad look down there!" Pointed Jess.

Gerry, Frank, and Alan shifted their gaze to a large building in the distance at the base of the hill. It rose to about three levels with offices and utility sheds branching out.

"That's the administration building that Hammond was talking about!" Noted Frank.

"Perfect! We can barricade ourselves in there!" Said Gerry.

Without a moments hesitation, all four people sprinted down the hill just as the raptors crested the top. From there it became a downhill race as the Velociraptors gained more and more ground on the fleeing humans. Getting ever closer to the nearest shed, Jess watched as doctor Grant and the newcomer flung themselves inside. Her father turned and ran back to her, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her inside just as the raptors hit the metal door.

"Help me bar the door! The lock is broken!" Yelled Frank.

The metal door could be easily pushed open without the locking mechanism that secured the door. But it had long corroded into a rusted pile of junk.

"With what?" Cried Grant as he moved to block the door.

Thinking quickly, Jessica opened a locker in the small shed and pulled out a long pole with two pokers on the end.

"Will this do?" She asked.

"That's perfect! C'mon, hold the door while I put this thing through the lock!" Ordered Gerry.

The door withheld, but the raptors continued to fling themselves at the barrier, creating a loud banging sound. Grant and Frank sat in the corner while Gerry and Jess huddled at the far end of the shed, the constant snarling, hissing, and pounding of the raptors plaguing them with an endless cacophony of noise.

Twilight Sparkle

"Peter get up!" Yelled Twilight as she tugged at the man's shirt.

The two had fallen after Langston tripped while clambering over a tree. Langston had been unfortunate enough to hit his head on a large rock, knocking him out. With the raptors closing in behind them, Twilight did the first thing that came to mind. Covering Langston in a purple bubble, Twilight levitated him in the air and tried to gallop off in a safer direction. Unable to move fast due to the unbelievable weight of her passenger, Twilight worked her hooves as hard as she could until she broke through the thick flora that blocked most of her view.

Right over the edge of a steep cliff.

Without noticing, Twilight had ran herself through the brush and over the side of a plateau that she had unknowingly been climbing for the past ten minutes. Screaming as she fell through the air, Twilight's life flashed before her eyes. Her first book, the first ice cream cone she had shared with her brother, her first magic spell-

WHUMP!

Twilight held the magical grip on Langston and opened her eyes. She was greeted with the sight of a large grey bird with a pointed beak. It screeched a shrill call and flew lower toward the ground. She was sitting on the back of a bird... flying. She was flying. The wind through her air was exhilarating as she fully enjoyed the moment even though the thing could wrap it's head around and eat her any second. Twilight looked behind her and saw the raptors stopped at the edge of the cliff, hissing and snarling at each other.

"See you later!" Twilight taunted, blowing a thick raspberry at the end.

Obviously too heavy for the bird, Twilight and the motionless form of Langston hit the ground hard with a thud. Dizzy, Twilight tried to gather her thoughts but she couldn't, a dull pain emanating from the back of her head.

"Oh, ow..." She muttered as she touched the back of her head.

Pulling the hoof up to her eyes, the purple mare spotted blood. Twilight's head slumped to the ground as she faded out into blackness, the last thing her eyes saw being a small clawed foot approaching with interest.

Louis Dodgson

Louis Dodgson sat on his chrome throne caressing his newfound eggs. His partner Gordon Bennett sat close by weighing the immeasurable amount of gold that had accumulated in his own personal Swiss bank account.

"Ah, isn't this great Gordon? The world is in the palm of my hands all thanks to these sweet babies." Said Dodgson, greedily staring at the speckled eggs in his lap.

The following silence disturbed Dodgson, his partner never usually this quiet.

"Gordon? Ain't it great?" He asked again.

Shifting his head toward his friend, Dodgson held his breath and froze in horror. The body of his partner was torn and bloodied, leaking all manner of flesh and intestines. But that was not the center of Dodgson's attention. It was Bennett's head, which was now not his own. It was the head of a Tyrannosaur. It stared at him, and to his surprise, spoke in Gordon's voice.

"You got that right Lou. Everything's peachy keen."

Dodgson was about to scream when the dino's jaws opened wide and a flood of water washed over him.

"GAH!"

Dodgson awoke with a start on the bank of a river. The water must have washed over him and taken him away from his near-blissful dream. He checked his surroundings from where he sat and once he concluded it was all clear, Dodgson sighed and thought about nicer things. His private estate. His Porsche. The money he could make from dino eggs. The office desk-

The eggs!

Dodgson whipped his head around in a panic until he spotted a single cooler sitting next to his limp backpack. Scrambling over on all fours, Dodgson checked the contents of them and was both relieved and grief stricken. The backpack was empty save one soaked Snickers bar but the cooler next to it was dry on the inside, the eggs kept within completely safe and unharmed.

"Yes! Maybe I wont be leaving here empty handed." Said Dodgson.

Packing the cooler into the soggy pack, Dodgson stood up, stretched, and started off toward the southern coast where his motor boat was waiting to take him off the island.

KABOOM!

The crack of the thunder and the bright flash of the lightening made Dodgson jump as a torrential downpour of rain hit the island hard. Dodgson trudged through the now muddy landscape looking for shelter. He would have to wait till tomorrow to gather his bearings and leave this godforsaken island. In the distance was a small cave in which he could find temporary refuge in. Muttering under his breath, Dodgson ran inside and sat down as he unwrapped the Snickers bar. The sogginess of the wrapper coupled with his wet hands caused the chocolate bar to slip through his fingers and through a crack in the limestone. Unable to reach it, Dodgson sat back against the wall and sneered.

"Great. Just fucking great."