• Published 14th Dec 2012
  • 3,985 Views, 135 Comments

Jurassic Park: Site Pony - walk-in closet brony

  • ...
5
 135
 3,985

Chapter 6

Twilight Sparkle

Twilight dreamt.

She dreamt of the lovely plains and glens that dotted the wonderful countryside of Equestria. Her comfy house sat in the middle of a town that maintained a special place in her heart. With a warm cup of cocoa and a nice book on her lap, Twilight sat in her recliner and read. Regardless of whatever the book was about, she was in paradise. The window she left open allowed a cool breeze to seep into her home.

"Ahhhhhhhh...." She moaned in relaxation.

The kitchen smelled of gingerbread cookies thanks to Spike's exemplary cooking skills. The scent tickled her nostrils. The leathery edges of the page caressed her fore limbs. But the cushion at the edge of her chair... it stung.

"What?"

Looking down at her hooves, Twilight gasped. They were bleeding from various cuts in her flesh, the blood soaking her fur a dark crimson.

"AH!"

Twilight opened her eyes from her prone position on the ground. Instead of her fluffy chair, she felt the cold touch of the soil underneath her and the rain pattering on her face. Shifting her head to the lower half of her body where the tingling was the strongest, she noticed several small forms crouched next to them. They had their heads lowered, gnawing on the tips of her hooves. Twilight kicked them away and stared in disgust. Next to her, Langston was still unconscious. Thankfully, she could still see a faint rhythmic rise in his chest, indicating breaths being taken.

"Peter?"

No reply. The small green dinos had run off but not far, as they had taken up positions in the ferns a few feet away from the two, watching them with beady eyes. She could hear them chirping hungrily, waiting for them to become weak so they could feed. Twilight shuddered in disturbance and beckoned Langston once more, shaking lightly.

"Peter? Please wake up!" She begged.

Muttering to himself, Twilight could barely discern what he said. It was probably something along the lines of: "...five more minutes..."

"Peter this is serious!" She cried.

Langston stirred in his sleep, and then he opened his eyes. Gathering his thoughts, Twilight could see that he was remembering where he was and what was going on.

"Oh hey Twilight, what happened earlier? My head hurts like crazy!" He said, rubbing his forehead.

"You tripped and knocked your head on a rock, so I carried us to safety." She said matter-of-factly.

"No kidding? There's more to you than meets the eye little pony." Said Langston as he stood up and reconnoitered his surroundings.

The background had yet to change, jungle being the only type of landmark visible for miles. Night was falling, and the heavy rainfall did nothing helpful in aiding the two survivors. The rain started to come down harder, blanketing Twilight and Langston with an unforgiving barrage of icicle-like droplets.

"We should probably get out of this rain!" Called Twilight.

"You don't say!" Said Langston, flashing a face that would make Nicholas Cage proud.

Langston started off in a random direction but was halted by Twilight's imperatively warning voice.

"Peter! Wait, just look." She said.

Looking ahead of him, Langston could now see the eerie light shining off of the small beady eyes staring at them from the brush.

"Right. Lets go this way." He said, leading the two toward possible shelter into the darkening night.

Ellie Sattler

"He left us! That crazy son of a bitch left us!" Yelled Bruce Grimes.

Ellie Sattler had been trying to get a grip on the situation since Grant had chased after Gerry and Jess. Not only had it begun to rain a few moments ago, but the Tyrannosaurs had become fed up with the Allosaur carcasses they had picked clean earlier. Only moments ago the bull Rex that had left returned, covered in a white shade of soot and rubble. The group braced themselves for another jolt from the beasts, holding onto the rails as the Bull Rex nudged the high hide.

"What do we do? Mr. Hammond, what are we going to do!?" Cried Claire Long.

"W-we need to get down from here and get to the administration building Frank sh-should have scouted out. We'll be safer there." He stuttered.

"How? This is crazy! We're all going to die here!" Panicked Bruce as he clung to the far end of the platform, grasping the bars with rain-slick hands.

Then the Rex bashed the tower, sending Bruce over the side.

"AGHHHHH!" He screamed as he fell to the ground.

Hitting the muddy soil with a wet splat, Bruce groaned in agony. He had broken his legs, and was now at the mercy of the carnivores that loomed above him.

"BRUCE!" Yelled Claire as she watched the Tyrannosaurs bend down and nudge Bruce with their snouts.

"This cant end well..." Said Malcolm.

The bull Rex bit down on Bruce's legs, while the female clasped it's maw on his torso. With a simple tug, the creatures had succeeded in tearing him in two. Ellie looked away, still susceptible to the sickening sounds of the Rexes eating the poor kid. By the time she looked back, Bruce was no more than a clump of flesh being chewed on, his only visible arm in the Rex's jaw gone limp. Claire was crying as she clung to Malcolm who held her in his arms while Hammond could only stare at the carnage in front of him.

"Ellie, if you have any ideas now would be the time!" Said Malcolm.

Sattler was trying her hardest to think, glancing at her surroundings in an attempt to locate a possible escape route. But there was nothing, the only thing up here being a few tools. Claire's laptop had gone over the side so there was no use calling for help.

KRA-KOW!

The tree next to them was struck by lightening, causing it to break and list slightly toward the tower, it's largest branch leaning on the edge of the rails.

"I've got an idea but you're going to have to trust me! See that tree? We can use it to get off this platform. After we climb down the trunk, we'll find Grant and the others, and get the hell outta Dodge!" She said, receiving mixed looks from the group.

"Well? You heard the lady!" Yelled Malcolm as he grabbed the wet branch, stiffening it so that Sattler could get a better grip on it.

Claire beckoned Hammond over as they lined up for their turn. The Rexes were too busy feeding on Bruce's remains to notice them leaving. Ellie took the first step and slipped a little, making the group jump.

"I'm okay, just watch out when you get here. It's a little slippery."

Ellie made it to the far side of the branch and waved over Claire, who had hardly any trouble traversing the wet section of the tree. Claire was good at balancing, seeing as though she had taken gymnastics in her youth. It was just like a big balancing beam. Hammond's shaky crossing had kept the group on edge but nevertheless, he had prevailed. Now it was only Malcolm, who was able to shimmy his way across the branch, slipping once or twice.

"We're all here? Good. Alright everyone, as quietly as you can, lets get down this tree and find the others." Said Sattler as she took the hold of the trunk and began her descent.

Twilight Sparkle

The two had been trudging in the mud for a long time, completely losing all sense of direction. They were continuing down a path that they had located earlier in the waning light of the sun. The only reason they could call it a path was because it was the only route some-what devoid of plants. Shuddering and huddling closer to Langston as she came across it, Twilight passed by a half eaten carcass, abandoned by the carrion birds due to the rain. It's ribcage hung open, the gnawed-on innards displayed to all who laid eyes on the body.

"Peter? I don't want to be out here anymore." Whimpered Twilight.

"I know Twilight, I don't either. But if we don't find shelter soon, we could very well be joining that poor fellow over there." Langston said, pointing to the dead dinosaur.

Twilight gasped, and tears began forming at her eyes. She was scared. So unbelievably scared. She longed to be in the safe presence of her teacher, Celestia, not having to worry about the dangers of being eaten alive every waking minute of your life. She wanted her friends, her brother, Cadence as well to be there for her. She needed comfort now more than ever, and the only pony she could find possible sanction in wasn't even a pony. It was some alien creature that she had barely gotten time to know.

"Aw jeez Twilight, we're not gonna end up like him. You'll see, we'll get off this island and get you someplace safe in a jiffy." Langston reassured, realizing the accidental fear he had instilled in the delicate thing.

"...O-okay..." Twilight choked out between sobs.

"C'mon, I'll carry you." Langston spoke, picking up the bruised and battered pony.

The two walked on further, passing nothing but open fields and dense jungle. Langston had made sure he steered clear of the areas that smelled particularly like musk or urine, as predatory animals tended to mark their territory as such. It was a neat trick he picked up during his time hunting big game in Africa.

"Hold the phone, what's that?" Asked Langston.

Twilight perked her head up and noticed something astonishing ahead of them. Right in front of their eyes, in the middle of a vast plain, lay an immense building with annexes that lead out into individual offices and shacks. Peter began walking toward it quickly but stopped in his tracks and crouched low into the grass, hushing Twilight before she could say anything.

"Quiet. Look." He said, pointing to a small shed ahead of them.

Adjusting her eyes to the darkened, rain drenched night, Twilight was able to observe several figures hopping about near the shed. They snarled and hissed at it and each other, obviously trying to get whatever unlucky animal hid within.

Raptors.

"What do you think they're trying to get to?" She asked.

"Whatever it is, it's none of our concern and beyond our assistance. C'mon, we'll go around and see if we can get into the building and barricade the doors until morning." Said Langston, creeping sideways until he was out of the peripheral vision of the carnivores.

The two were able to spot a sort of staff entrance and approach the door unhindered, pushing the door open with ease. The inside was a mess. A long hall filled with dust bunnies and cobwebs, each room dotting the walls pretty much in the same shape greeted them. The overhead lights were out, what little moonlight that could seep through the cracked cieling slightly illuminating the eerie building.

"We're going in there?" Twilight asked in shock.

"It's our best bet, so yeah. We're going in there." Replied Langston.

Taking out his flashlight and setting Twilight down, Peter Langston propped up the door with a nearby chair and led the way down the insidious hallway.

Gerry Harding

"Dad, are we going to die?" Jessica Harding asked her father.

"No sweetie, of course not. Don't ever say that." Gerry said, comforting his daughter.

Though it was easy to assure her with warm words, it was not so easy to deceive the other two grown men in the small room, completely cut off from the outside world and surrounded by bloodthirsty raptors. Frank and Alan sat across from him and talked in a low voice on how they might handle the situation at hand. To his left, Jessica had stood up and began scouring the room, examining the tools and equipment that lined the walls.

"Jess, stay close." Gerry told his daughter.

"Hey dad what are these things, cattle prods?" She asked.

Gerry stood up and gestured to the locker that she was looking in as well as the object that was currently keeping the Velociraptors at bay.

"Yeah. We use those on smaller, more skittish dinos. Y'know, like Gallimimus. We don't shock them with it, we just make them crackle. It makes things easier when we're herding them." Gerry explained.

The raptors banged against the door once more, rattling the cattle prod that currently barred the door. Jess jumped, and started toward her father.

"Whoa!" Cried Jess as she tripped on a small bump in the ground.

Just barely catching herself, Jessica looked down at the curious little handle on the cement floor.

"Huh? What's that?" Asked Frank.

Gerry, Alan, and Frank leaned in and observed the small metal piece sticking out of the ground.

"It looks like a handle! Gerry, pull it!" Said Grant.

To their surprise, the handle gave in and a small hatch in the ground revealed itself. Sighing in relief, the group looked down into the passage. It led into a small tunnel easily accessible once you fit yourself in.

"What is that?" Asked Jess.

"It looks like some kind of maintenance tunnel. They must have these set up all over the facility." Explained Gerry.

"Guys, I think we're sav-"

Right as Frank spoke, the hinges on the door bent, the door holding back the predators now left slightly ajar. The raptors stared at them through the small crack, hungry as ever.

"I think that's our cue! Let's get the hell out of here!" Shouted Frank as he motioned for Jess to get in.

Just as Grant squeezed himself in and slammed the hatch shut, he could hear the door burst open and the raptors viciously claw at the small entryway .

"What now?" Asked Frank.

"Nowhere left but forward. Jess, lead on." Said Grant.

The group of survivors started forward into the dark labyrinth of tunneling, unsure of what they would find on the other side.