• Published 1st Sep 2011
  • 1,086 Views, 1 Comments

The Equestrian Takeover - Fariz 'TheWaVe' Amir



Features OCs! Equestria's gonna get taken over. Somepony's gotta stop it.

  • ...
 1
 1,086

Part 5: Discovery

The Equestrian Takeover




Part 5:
Discovery




Written by
Fariz 'The WaVe' Amir











Chapter 15:
The Vault

Hundreds of miles away, in the middle of a large wooded area, a pinkish-purple bubble exploded, revealing nine ponies (and a little dragon). Twilight and Rarity nearly collapsed from exhaustion, but Rainbow Dash and AppleJack supported them. “Take it easy, girls. Journey just started. Hank, Can you see where we are now?” AppleJack called.

“Gimme a minute,” Hank replied. He spread his hind legs and steadied his position. His eyes and horn glowed yellow as he tilted his head up towards the eyes. Hank was using a ‘Satellite spell’ and was surveying the surroundings, getting the proper bearings and where their destination was. “Right,” His eyes darkened back to normal while he turned to a certain direction. “That way; there seems to be some kind of a cave. We’ll stay there for the night and then it’s a direct hike north to the Outskirts.”

“Alright, we’ll follow Hank’s plan, besides… we’ll be sitting ducks if we continue on in the dark. Come on, lets go,” CloudWork called out. “AppleJack and Fluttershy, Is it okay if you girls look after Twilight and Rarity? They look pretty worn out already.”

Both Fluttershy and AppleJack agreed and supported the ponies. Suddenly, the bushes around rustled and leaves fell from the trees around them. “Everypony get cover!” Zip shouted. Everypony except for CloudWork, Hank and Zip and Spike took cover behind boulders while they flipped out their weaponry. Aiming round, they prepared for anything to come out. But what DID come out took them by surprise. Three Manic soldiers dressed in full black suits leaped from the canopy. CloudWork fired his first shot. The Magnum Slug tore through the air, but missed the ninja Manics, and hit a branch. In a panic, Spike launched three grenades into the trees above. “Fire in the- uh, Trees! Argh!!” He screamed as he jumped behind a tree, joining Rainbow Dash. The Grand 3 weaved around, dodging bullets from the Manics and at the same time, trying to predict where those grenades were. Hank was able to shoot one of the Manics right in the middle of its chest, and it fell from the canopy all the way to the ground with a loud bone crack. Hank Got another Manic directly in the neck as red blood gushed from the brutal wound. The bolt fired through the neck and landed on a tree. The action rocked the canopy and finally revealed the three rogue grenades as they fell above AppleJack, Twilight and Rarity. They let out screams while CloudWork leaped onto a boulder nearby and then back-flipped off it to kick the grenades away.

One of them landed on the face of the last manic who was directly in front Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy. It knocked him down and Zip ran in to kick him further back. The grenade, along with the other two, exploded, rocking the area with heat waves and light. Without a doubt, that was close and deadly. The ten of them wasted no time in making it to the cave. As Hank said, they found the cave, but it seemed… weird. Metal surrounded it and at the entrance, was a large door, made of solid Iron. In the middle of the large metal door, a huge hole that looks like it was from a powerful explosion. Strange carvings surrounded it and the inside of it was very dark, Manics could come out and ambush them.

Zip lit a wooden plank and threw it inside. The light glowed and revealed a lack nothing inside. All of them walked inside, rainclouds began to rumble, thunder boomed and rain indeed fell. They made the fire grow into a proper campfire and made makeshift beds from crates they found inside the large Vault. From inside, they found that it was like a giant cube about 4 meters high and wide. The insides were a very dark beige color, they could feel markings, but it was too dark too see what they were.

The drizzle outside turned into a full downpour. Countless bomb drops and explosions could be heard far away, even with the thunder booming above. CloudWork was the last to fall asleep; he could not stop thinking how he could stop the Manics and the takeover.


Chapter 16:
Underground Activities

The next morning was just as chaotic as the night before. The sun couldn’t shine as properly because Princess Celestia could not raise it fully. Ash and smoke flooded the skies. The trees in the woods dripped rainwater as light shockwaves rocked the ground. Twilight and Rarity Woke up last, but were thankfully recovered completely. The rest were beginning to pack up their supplies, Rainbow Dash passed them their weapons. Hank was busy looking round the Vault, looking for some kind of mechanism. CloudWork and Zip ignored him and readied everypony else.

As they were about to step out of the huge cube, CloudWork Called; “Hank! Let’s get outta here!” CloudWork’s loud voice thundered in the enclosed place, and shocked Hank into bumping into a hidden button on the wall. “Uhh… Cloud?” Hank called.

The carvings and other symmetrical lines began glowing bright aqua green, and the vault door was covered in a translucent energy field. Zip tried to break it, but to no avail. More and more carvings were glowing, and some mechanics and computers showed themselves from nowhere. Hidden metal contraptions creaked, more platforms… formed until everypony realized that the vault was being dragged underground. CloudWork darted around, trying to find some sort of escape, but quickly found that the cube was completely sealed. The vault continued to rumble underground. The symbol of the Manics shined on the opposite wall of the vault. After five crawling minutes, the vault seemed to stop and large doors creaked open in front of them. Beyond it showed a long, large tunnel leading to somewhere quite far away. Realizing that there is no other way to go, they slowly stepped forward, expecting the worst… again.

Steam hissed and escaped through several vents around them. Gigantic silvery pistons pumped around them above concrete blocks, generating some kind of power into giant black cables that hung from the ceiling. Clouds of vapor hung from the ceiling, and fogged the surroundings. It was very chilly but felt strangely humid and the air was dense. The only light source around was a few dim light bulbs that were built into the walls. Everypony was stressed on whether or not this was safe; heck, they were thinking how was all this machinery was built. The Manics only invaded yesterday; maybe they were here far longer than they thought?

They began walking through the dense mist of steam, carefully looking out for any potential threats. None of them said anything, until they came across a huge challenge. A massive crevice was in front of them, and it looked as if the chamber was built that way; the cables snaked down into the darkness below. On the other side of the massive chasm, dim lights shined, but they were definitely out of reach. Twilight told Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy and CloudWork that it may have been dangerous to fly about because there may have been some sort of security system that could have just…. Obliterated them.

Pinkie Pie highlighted that it looked like something huge (and really, REALLY shiny) was hiding in the darkness below. Unfortunately, she was right, and it began to rumble, and shaking the whole chamber, making Rarity nearly fall off the edge, but was thankfully held back by Rainbow Dash. The Unknown object began to rise, and revealed a massive pod-like titan object. Lightly tinted glass on one side of the eclipse shaped pod revealed hundreds of sleeping Manics. Massive gun barrels with chains of ammunition hid under panels of steel, threatening to open fire and release millions of bullets or missiles, wreaking more havoc on Equestria. The ponies (and Spike) were way too awed by the sight and was each having their own imaginations on the destructive possibility of all that concentrated power. Pinkie Pie then shouted to snap everypony out of their trances.

She spotted a strange opening big enough for ponies to pass through. Could have been a little building fault, but it had potential for them to hitch a ride and get out of there. More importantly, Pinkie Pie had a plan (Yeap, really!) Maybe this could be some sort of ‘deployment drop pod’ and it could transport them to a vital spot in the Manics’ plan, for them to destroy! As pinkie said, everypony rushed to jump into the hold, except for Fluttershy, who had to be pushed in by CloudWork.

The Pod Began to rocket out of the hidden chasm and everypony saw that ‘building’ that they were supposed to check out, it seemed to be wrecked already, which was good; because apparently it was destination: Canterlot.