• Published 1st Sep 2011
  • 1,084 Views, 1 Comments

The Equestrian Takeover - Fariz 'TheWaVe' Amir



Features OCs! Equestria's gonna get taken over. Somepony's gotta stop it.

  • ...
 1
 1,084

Part 6: Discovery 2


The Equestrian Takeover




Part 6:
Discovery (2)




Written by
Fariz 'The WaVe' Amir









Chapter 17: Flight of Disaster

The Pod flew across the ash filled skies, at a rather slow speed. From the opening, the 9 of them had a birds-eye-view of Equestria from their position in the Everfree Outskirts. It definitely was not a pretty sight.

The former cities, now ruins, bellowed towers of smoke in the air; sheltering hundreds more dropships hidden among the black clouds. The only light came from infernos of fire in the multiple cities and villages. Manehattan, Trottingham and Fillydelphia were now shells of their former glory. The Mare of Liberty now only stood on its hind legs, its front now in the ocean, struggling to stay in existence. The skyline of Trottingham now completely ruined from countless destroyed skyscrapers. In the far distance, in the desert, Appleloosa was missing from its former position; nothing but a black smudge and burning wood left, a train was burning on its side, waiting for oblivion to come. Manehattan, formerly the most popular destination in Equestria, now can’t even support a single life. A single skyscraper was left standing, alone in the midst of complete annihilation. Other buildings were not spared, nothing but rubble stood.

The Calm, pleasant villages were now improvised fortresses. They now served as Army placements to support whatever was left of ponykind. Large stone walls surrounded every town, including Ponyville. Metal convoys of trucks dragged along, each carrying valuable supplies. Suddenly, from the now blood-red sky; came a large, blue energy beam slammed into the desert, wiping Dodge Junction off the face of Equestria. A few seconds later, a speeding dropship launched hundreds small missiles into the forest that covered the land near Trottingham, releasing a loud crack of seemingly endless explosions and sparked an even bigger forest fire. Thousands of birds and other smaller creatures scurried as fast as they could from the inferno that struck their home; but met with a very gruesome fate. Tesla towers erected in seconds and fired crackles of green electricity at the small bodies of the creatures. Some of the lucky ones managed to escape, but majority fell back down into the flaming forests below. Utterly speechless at the evil she saw, Fluttershy spun her head around towards Rarity for comfort and shelter from the sheer terror her eyes saw. She could practically hear their little screams of help. Tears began rolling as Zip could only stand where he was, unsure of what to do; but wanting to do whatever he could. Anything.

As Fluttershy continued sobbing, the other 8 of them began to rethink what they had gotten themselves into. The destruction they just witnessed was now an irremovable stain on their tired minds. They exchanged glances as they tried to think of anything to say. More gunfire and explosions fired. A red bulb lighted and a siren blared. A pipe above their heads suddenly glowed orange and heat radiated. The opening, their only window; quickly shut, and darkness engulfed the small room. Hank turned a small light bulb on the barrel of his armor that revealed some mech- transforming in the back wall. The room they were in began to shrink, and they ran into the adjacent chamber. Rows and columns of smaller ships and pods of Manics stood, and they seemed frozen. It seemed like the only material used was solid Iron, white steel and glass, but it was like it aged for a few dozen years. Streaks of red lights suddenly blared and the pods began shuffling around. Rarity screamed at the sight of it and the 9 ponies began scrambling for cover, fearing that the Manics may suddenly came alive and bullets would fly again.

Unfortunately for them, massive bay doors opened behind them and the air immediately began trying to push them out of the craft. Pinkie pie lost footing and began flying out, but was saved by Hank, who then grabbed AppleJack, who then grabbed CloudWork, who grabbed Fluttershy, and she grabbed Rarity who grabbed Twilight who grabbed Spike and all of them were then depending on Rainbow Dash. Massive robotic arms extended and Manic dropships on the end of them began blasting their afterburners and they zoomed out of the baydoors. They did not seem to notice them dangling for dear life.

“I… I can’t hold on for much longer!” Rainbow Dash cried. Her hooves were slowly releasing grip.
“Come on, Rainbow! Just hold on!” Pinkie Pie screamed. She was already flailing outside the aircraft, having a deathly clear sight of the far away ground; which seemed harder than normal now that she’s 20,000 feet in the air.
A dropship caught sight of them and it fired a single bolt of energy. From shock, Rainbow Dash immediately lost her grip and that sent all of them flailing out of the pod. They quickly stopped grabbing each other and began their screaming. Well, what did you expect?

Chapter 18: Surprises

Their fall was long loud. From the single pod, CloudWork estimated that 30 dropships rocketed. Rainbow Dash And CloudWork were able to save AppleJack and Pinkie Pie; while the rest were saved by an anti- gravity spell by Twilight. Their descent revealed more painful destruction scenes. Mountains now crumbled from shockwave after shockwave of bomb raids. Equestria’s first real offence attacks launched as they fell. Flying carriages were launched from Cloudsdale, which seemed to be Equestria’s main Command hold.

They landed near a large crater, which used to be an abandoned gold mine, but now bomb shells and battles carved the mine into an enormous hole of stone. The little remaining gold glistened, but whatever it was worth could not save anything. Fluttershy fainted as she fell, and now Zip and Rarity tended to her, trying to recover her using any supplies Spike was able to carry. Pinkie Pie, contrasting from her usual self, was now in complete shock from the skydive. She buried her head into Twilight’s fore legs; while they lay down. AppleJack tried to calm poor Pinkie Pie down. CloudWork and Hank stood, thinking what they could do next.

“Should we camp out here? Heck, is it even night time yet?” Hank asked, staring at the blood red skies.
“Good topic, better question; But isn’t it better to get some cover? This place is a giant stone field… not exactly the best cover. Screw it, it’s the worst!” CloudWork replied, his mind already stressed from the chain of events.

In the distance, 3 stallions watched them through binoculars. “Yes. It’s about time.” One of them said.
“Better late than never, right?” Another said. “Yeah… But we’ve been waiting for hours! I’m tired, hungry… and I wanna take a…”
“Dude. MAN UP.” The third spoke up. “…Im sorry.” They then Sped off towards The unsuspecting 9. And Spike.

“Maybe… we get diamonds…. And some sticks… and then we diggy diggy..” Hank mumbled.
“Wait, what?” CloudWork replied right before three stallions in Blue armor with yellow streaks. They spread smoke bombs that flashed and smoke flooded the air. Because of how tired they were, all of them fell where they were.
“Ma… Manics… you bunch of…” CloudWork slowly said, losing conscious as he fell to the ground with a thud.

“No My friend, we are Starswirl’s Crusaders.”

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment