• Published 28th Apr 2012
  • 7,317 Views, 174 Comments

Modern Warmare - Beatleboy62



Task Force 141 gets transported to Equestria, with a new war here, will they ever get home?

  • ...
8
 174
 7,317

Prologue

Chapter 1

Prologue

Somewhere in a shipping container in an open field near New Delhi, India…
////////////////////////////
OMEGA SYSTEMS INC. 1999
////////////////////////////
CONNECTING…
CONNECTING…
CONNECTING…
The machine gave off a loud droning tone as it connected to the internet.
“Really, in this day an’ age we still have a dial up computer?” Soap asked.
“Well, if you have anything better,” Price replied, “feel free to give it to me.”

The rest of the Disavowed Task Force 141 sat around the tiny monitor inside the shipping container. It wasn’t easy getting there, all the while trying to avoid both Makarov’s men and Shepard’s soldiers, the latter being extra dangerous considering he had just been killed by Soap and Price.
“What are you trying to do anyway?” Ghost asked, his skull balaclava still slightly burned from the attempted death-by-arson, “Whoever you’re trying to contact, you could probably contact by phone.”

“No, not this guy,” Price stated, “He is perhaps the most paranoid man you’ll ever meet, he’s been hiding from both the CIA and MI-6 since 1978.”
Price paused.
“And I owe him a favor, he’s cashing in on it now.”
The screen flickered up and he began typing.
WELCOME TO OMEGA INC. EMAIL SERVICE, PLEASE ENTER LOG-IN INFROMATION.
USERNAME: $
PASSWORD:***********
CONNECTING…
CONNECTING…
CONNECTING…

The machine gave off another loud dial tone as it connected to the phone line once again.
“Ugh, can you please turn sound down?” Nikolai asked, “After flying for 5 hours straight, is not such a pleasing noise.”
“Why do you owe this guy a favor anyway, and more importantly, why do you care? Shouldn’t we be going for Makarov?” Roach questioned.
“It will all make sense in the end,” Price reassured, “He told me he has some very important Intel that I would love to get my hands on, and if he’s offering it, I’ll take it.”
He turned back to the screen, staring at it intently.
“In 1978 I was 21, working for MI-6 after they saw how efficient I was working in the field. They handpicked me and shoved me into a mission, Operation Charybdis. The goal of the mission was to take out three rogue CIA agents at the request of the US Government. MI6 put me at the head of the mission to see if I could handle it. The yanks wanted them gone for the same reason Shepard wanted us gone, no loose ends. Anyway, while looking for them in a South African town, a firefight broke out between us and them, and I got hurt, bad. One of the rogue agents found me, and surprisingly he didn’t kill me, instead saving me before running off, stealing my tags for some reason. My squad mates found me a few hours later, telling me they had found and killed all three agents.”
The machine gave off a loud mechanical buzzing, stopping when Price slammed the side of it.
“Anyway, I went home and continued on with life, working missions, fighting the bad guys, all that stuff. In 1980 while on leave I got a knock on my front door, it was the agent. Dumbfounded, I asked him how he found me; he held up my tags and said, ‘Phone book.’”
“Did he tell you why he saved you?” Soap asked.
Price stopped typing. “No, he never gave me a reason. Then again, I didn’t need one, he saved my life and that was good enough for me.”
“What was his name?” Soap asked.
“He never told me his real name, just an alias, Amazon.”
“Bit odd for a call sign, don’t ya think?”
“Well what the hell kinda name is Soap anyway?”
“Cheeky old man.” Soap muttered, laughing.
The computer idled as everyone watched the screen, entering into a chat room…
USERS ONLINE:1/2
“He said he’d be on around this time today; we’ll give it fifteen minutes.”
--
One hour later…
--
Everyone else became preoccupied with other things as Price stayed content with staring at the computer. He hadn’t blinked in over twenty minutes, waiting for something to happen.
USER: AMAZON IS ONLINE.
Suddenly, Price began typing furiously, making sure his confidant could see his message.
$: Long time, no talk, eh?
Amazon: Yes, it’s been too long, but I know you’re not here for talk. I have the info on Makarov you wanted.
$: Thanks, it will be much appreciated. For someone in his eighties, you seem to be very resourceful.
Amazon: When you’ve lived as long as I have, you tend to build up quite a number of bridges, making sure you don’t accidentally burn them, all which seems to happen a lot in our profession. By the way, this Intel will cost you.
$: Anything.
Amazon: You’ll get it with what I promised you, it’s sending now, Amazon out.
//////////////
CHAT SESSION ENDED.
Price waited by the printer, watching the papers go through. When the intel and images came out, he first looked at what he would have to do later for Amazon as a payment for the information. Seeing what he had to do, he smiled, folding up the paper for later.
“Well,” Nikolai asked, leaning back in a chair, “Where am I flying us now?”
Price held up a map, “Tajikistan.”


Sometime later, with the group in Nikolai’s Osprey, Nikolai turned to Price, who was sitting co-pilot.
“Can you tell me exactly what we’re looking for again?”
Price pulled out the list he folded off and re-read it.
“Well, if the info that Amazon got us is correct, then it appears that Makarov and the Ultranationalists are holding a large amount of weapons and vehicles in a warehouse partially built into the mountainside in northern Tajikistan, which as you know is a former territory of the USSR.”
“Yes, so?” Nikolai replied, “There are probably twenty or thirty other places like this controlled by Makarov, why is this one so special?”
“This one might have WMDs,” Price replied, his eyes never straying from the horizon, “And this time we’re the bad guys, no one’s going to know if they get launched until it’s already too late. We need to make sure that doesn’t happen.”
Nikolai nodded, “Da, are you sure the others are ok to do this? I mean, two just got shot and nearly burned to death, and the third got stabbed in the chest. Not exactly a team in top shape.”
Price was screwing a silencer onto the end of his rifle, “The intel said that Makarov doesn’t have this place very well guarded, as he thinks no one knows about it. If we can take out the few that are there, you can swoop in as we run out with all we need.”
Nikolai looked at his bag. “But you brought C4.”
Price smiled, “Well, anything we can’t carry…”

They stopped a few miles away, as they didn’t want to give away their position. Price was the last to get off, talking to Nikolai. “We’ll be back in a few hours. If we need your help sooner, I’ll call you.”

With the Osprey flying off to a secluded area, the group of five began to move forward with Captain Price at point, never taking his eyes off the area ahead of him. Ghost and Soap began to talk amongst themselves.
“Soap, do you want me to take lead ahead of you? You need to make sure you’re ok.”
Soap nodded, “I’m fine, it’s you I’m watching out for, getting shot in the shoulder is a bit harder to recover from than a knife to the gut.”

Yuri silently watched and listened to them. He was astounded to see just how highly these soldiers regarded each other, nervous as he himself had only met them a few hours ago on request from Nikolai. He knew Nikolai trusted him, but Nikolai wasn’t here. He just had to hope that they would trust him as well.

They soon came upon the compound; it was just was Amazon said, unprotected. There were four guards standing outside, with an additional one inside a booth adjoining the only road in or out of the facility. Price looked back at the rest of the group.
“Ok, here’s the deal, we each pick out a target, and we all take them out at the same time, they’ll all be dead before they hit the ground, got it?” Everyone nodded, “Good.”

They all set up about 20 feet apart, with Ghost aiming at the guard in the booth. Confirming that they all had a perfect line of sight, Price began to count down, “Five, four, three, two, one.” They all fired simultaneously, the guards collapsing to the ground in an instant. Price looked at the scene in front of him. “Beautiful,” was all he could say.

Breaking open a door, they all rushed inside, beginning to look around at what was in the large warehouse. There were piles upon piles of different weapons, all with the ammo to match. There were a few vehicles here and there, even a helicopter, but that’s where the normality ended. Beyond that there were weapons and vehicles pre dating the current conflict from different countries, a British Sten machine gun from WWII here, an American M16 assault rifle from Vietnam there…

Soap looked bemused at the whole situation, “Why do you think that they have all this rubbish?”

Price was just as confused, “The modern AKs and tanks make sense, but what the bloody hell are they doing with Willy’s Jeeps from World War II?”

Yuri was on one knee, tapping the ground, “He guys, why is the floor made of plexi-glass?” they all suddenly looked at the ground, which was made of glass and glowing with a faint purple light. Roach’s curiosity got the better of him, and he fired a pistol round off at the ground. The glass made a cracking noise, but it did not shatter, the bullet now stuck firmly into the glass. “Odd,” Price said, scraping the ground with his boot, “But nothing really surprises me at this point.”

Ghost was on top of a wall of boxes, looking out at all the equipment on the other side. “What! Why’s there a B-52 in here?”

The rest of the group scrambled up to the wall of crates and stared out in awe. There was a B-52. Seven of them to be exact, along with Cobra attack helicopters, Russian MiG fighter jets, armored troop carriers, among other vehicles and supplies, extending all the way to the back of the building, which had to be a quarter mile away.

“God, I knew this building was built into the mountain,” Price gasped, “but damn.”

“There’s got to be millions, billions in equipment here, and we do know that Makarov has the man power to use it all.” Roach stated, scanning the room. “Perhaps the WMD Amazon told you about wasn’t a particular weapon, but all this equipment. If Makarov mobilized all this at once, it would be just as devastating.”

Price had pulled out a cigar nervously and began smoking it, “It doesn’t matter, it’s getting destroyed, all of it.” He started pulling blocks of C4 out of his bag, “Put one of these on every other support column, we have to make sure the whole mountain goes down.”

As everyone began to execute his order, Price went back to the forward section of the warehouse, which was looking more and more like a hangar every minute. He could still smell the sharp aroma of a bullet as he scanned the horizon through the window. From his point of view, everything looked clear, he felt a sense of relief as he knew for once that they could get out without any trouble.
Wait.

He took out his binoculars, looking at a blip on the edge of the horizon. He could see trucks, and a large number of them too, this was the only place that they could be headed. Cupping his hands, he yelled over the wall to his soldiers on the other side, “Hurry up, we’re going to have a lot of company in the next ten minutes!” He could hear them scrambling back over the wall.

He picked up his radio, “Nikolai, we need you to get to the warehouse, quick!”

Nikolai answered, “Is there going to be a firefight when I get there?”

“Yes there is, just please save us!” Price yelled.

Nikolai sighed heavily, “Fine, I’ll be at your location in fifteen minutes.”

Price turned off the radio and looked at his meager troops, “All right, the good news: Nikolai will be here in 15 minutes. The bad news? Makarov’s men will be here in 10. Place claymores at the doors, check your ammo, get to protected spots, and when I tell you, run like hell to the exfil point!”

Ghost snuck over to a door, silently placing a Claymore anti-personnel mine in front of it. He set the tripwire so that when the door was opened, it would explode, sending hundreds of small metal pellets hurtling at the unlucky victim. While attaching the tripwire, he noticed a control panel with a simple on/off switch titled ‘Доступ крана.’ After thinking about it for a moment, the words clicked in his head ‘Crane access!’ He looked at the wire attached to the panel and saw it ran all the way up to the roof. Looking for a moment more, he saw that the entire portion of the ceiling and roof that was outside the mountain was on a set of tracks, and more importantly, could be opened!

“Captain Price,” Ghost yelled, “I have something over here that may be of use to us!” He pointed up towards the ceiling, and Price smiled, knowing that this would make their job even easier. He pulled out his radio and talked to Nikolai again.

“New plan Nikolai, how big of a space do you need to land that thing?”

He could hear Nikolai on the other end thinking, “Hmm, the wingspan is 85 feet, I could touch this thing down on a platform 86 feet if you needed it.”

“That’s great,” Captain Price replied, “We just found out the roof opens, and there’s more than enough room for you to land.”

Nikolai sighed, “I knew I should have said no. Just have the roof open when I get there.” Nikolai was muttering as he hung up the radio. “I don’t get paid enough for this sobach'ya.”

Price flicked the switch on the control panel to start opening the ceiling door, it was loud, slow, and noticeable. “They’re going to know someone’s in here, so don’t expect the element of surprise,” Price warned them , “Just shoot, and when Nikolai lands through the ceiling, run like hell.”

They waited for a few more minutes, hands nervously fingering the triggers. Soon they could hear the trucks pull up and hear individual voices in the crowd. Price looked between two crates and cold see them forming an arc around the front. Watching for a bit longer, he saw one pull out a bullhorn.

“IF YOU COME OUT AND SURRENDER NOW, WE WILL NOT KILL YOU. HIDING WILL BE SEEN AS AN ACT OF AGGRESSION AND WILL BE TREATED AS SUCH.”

“Load of bullocks,” Ghost whispered, disengaging the safety on his gun.

After a few more seconds, the man with the bullhorn spoke again. “FINE, YOUR CHOICE.”

All five tensed, waited as if they were sitting on gunpowder.

Then, someone lit the match.

Two of Makarov’s men burst in through the two doors, the Claymores taking them out quickly. As more rushed in to take their place, they were soon cut down by the group of five in their secluded areas. This went on for five or six minutes, wave after wave of soldiers running in, and quickly being killed by whoever got their sights on them first, but the inevitable as still unavoidable.

“Christ, I’m out!” Soap yelled to the others, seeing that he was out of ammunition.

“Me too,” Yuri replied, taking out a few more with his pistol, “What now?”

“Hope Nikolai gets here before we’re reduced to bits of flesh on the floor,” Price answered, throwing a grenade at the entrance.

They all could suddenly hear screaming from outside, as if all of the remaining forces were screaming at once.

“They’re readying for a charge, brace yoursel-!”

He didn’t have time to finish as suddenly a huge explosion sounded from outside. As their hearing came back, they could hear propeller blades and heavy weapons fire as Nikolai fired rockets at enemy forces.

“Good god Nikolai’s here, get ready to run,” Price yelled to the group, “Soap, you get in the cockpit with Nikolai and help him, Ghost, cover us from the rear.”

They both nodded, “Got it.”

Soon enough the Osprey came down into the building, landing with grace (or lack thereof) that only a former Soviet pilot has. As the rear hatch dropped down, everyone sprinted into the back. After Ghost dived in, Price yelled up to the front, “We’re all in, get us out of here, now!”

As Nikolai lifted the ramp and gunned the rotors, putting them to full power right away. The downdraft began throwing boxes about, making one land on an old control panel which connected to the mysterious purple glass floor. It began to glow, shining up above and around it, blinding everyone within sight of it.

“What the bloody hell is happening?” Soap yelled, trying to be heard over the commotion below them.

As the Osprey was completely enveloped in the light, the occupants on board all experienced a brief moment of weightlessness, before suddenly appearing over a wooded forest covered with snow. The sudden teleportation caused the aircraft to list dangerously to the right, shredding it’s blades in the trees.

“Hold on, we’re going to crash!” Nikolai yelled.

With only one propeller left, the Osprey flipped over hitting a tree as the aircraft dived upside down into the snow. A sound of crunching and tearing metal could be heard for miles around as a tree fell between the cockpit and back area, cutting off access between the two.

Then, there was silence.

The nearby residents of a small town had just begun to stir from their slumber as the crash happened, being heard for miles. The only one who had witnessed it was running, galloping into town…


An orange pony wearing a cowboy hat was galloping into town with a look of panic on her face. As others began to exit their homes to see what the noise was, she began to explain what she saw.

“I don’t know what it was; I was out gettin’ ready for the day when suddenly this big silver dragon-lookin’ monster just appeared out of thin air! It fell to the ground roaring and smoke has been billowing up out of where it landed!”

“Applejack, calm down,” a purple unicorn tried to reassure as she walked up to her friend, “We’ll gather up the other girls and go see what it is, if it really is a dragon, we’ll just get rid of it like we did the last one. Well, Fluttershy will at least.”

The orange pony smiled, “Thanks Twi, I just hope we solve the problem soon, after the Parasprites, I can’t deal with something else ruining my crops!”

“It’ll be ok.” Twilight reassured again, “I don’t like boasting, but I think that the Elements of Harmony will be able to sort this out quickly.”


Roach was the first to gain consciousness, first noticing that he was oddly cold. ‘Weren’t we just flying over a desert?’ It was pitch black inside the overturned body of the plane, so he reached for his flashlight and turned it on, scanning around. He tried to stand up, but rockets of pain shot through his legs, sending him back to the ground. He crawled over to Captain Price, who had a nasty gash on his face, trying to wake him up by shaking him. When that didn’t work, he had an idea, taking his canteen and pouring water all over Price’s face, who woke with a sputter.

Price looked around, “Where are we?”
Roach shrugged, “Hell if I know, it’s freezing cold outside.”

After waking Ghost and Yuri, Price checked Roach’s leg. “Yup. It’s broken alright. Ghost, mind helping him while Yuri and I open the back?” Ghost put Roach’s arm around his shoulder holding him up, “Don’t worry, I got ya.”

Price and Yuri were standing next to the emergency release handle of the door, each gripping a side. It took all their strength to open it, but they were greeted with a satisfying noise of the door creaking open. Yuri hoisted himself over the lip of the frame and landed in…snow?

“Captain Price, I’m afraid there needs to be a bit of an explanation,” He said, motioning to the snow around him.

“Well, that makes two of us.” He replied, checking his rifle.

After hoisting Ghost and Roach out, Ghost brought up the obvious, “Where the hell are Soap and Nikolai?”

Price motioned to the front of the wreck, “Well, they were sitting in the front, I’d imagine they’re still strapped to their seats.

They plodded through the snow to the front, and peered in through the only visible windshield panel.

Ghost looked in, and after a few seconds, turned back to the others, “They look ok, I can see both their chests moving, and other than hanging upside down, the only damage seems to be that Soap’s bleeding a little bit.

Price turned to the rest of the group. “Ok, Ghost, prop up Roach against a tree so you two can keep watch while-”

Yuri stopped Price and pointed behind him, “What the hell are those things?”

Price turned around and saw six multicolored ponies, all looking a bit cartoonishly proportioned.

“Probably nothing,” Price reassured, “we might have landed near a circus or something.”

As he continued talking one of the ponies, to their surprise, talked:

“Hey, we ain’t just some circus ponies, who do ya’ll think you are anyway?”
This caught all four by surprise, Ghost began to raise his rifle to shoot, but Price knocked it back down. “Hold your fire.”
There was a brief moment of silence, before Roach whispered, “What now?”
Price holstered his pistol. “We run.” He threw Roach over his shoulder who winced in pain, and motioned for the others to follow him. “We’ll come back for the others later.”
Rainbow Dash began flapping her wings, “Hey! Get back here!”
Right as she was about to speed off after them, Applejack bit her tail and forced her back onto the ground, “We don’t know what those things are Sugarcube, it would be best if we not go out and attack them. Yet.”

Folding her front hooves and slumping to the ground, the blue pegasus muttered, “I coulda’ caught them.”

As they began to inspect the strange craft that had crashed, Fluttershy looked into the front panel that Ghost had been looking into moments before. “Oh my. There’s two of those things asleep in there, and one looks hurt.” The other five stopped and turned to Fluttershy, “You see any way we can get them out?” Twilight questioned.

“No, not without breaking the glass.” Fluttershy replied.

“Let me try,” Twilight said, concentrating on the panel, “I’ve been wanting to try this new physical manipulation spell.” Twilight pointed her horn at the glass and began concentrating. Her horn began to glow, and a small aurora formed around it. Soon, the panel of aircraft glass that she was concentrating on popped out of its frame, being held in the air by magic.

As Twilight lowered the glass onto the snow, Rainbow Dash cautiously peeked inside. After realizing that the two odd monkey-things were stuck in their seats, she set out trying to rip their restraints. After about five minutes of thrashing around, Twilight poked her head inside, “That does look like a release button next to the seat. You do realize that, right?” Rainbow clicked the red release buttons, and the two creatures fell to the floor. “Heh heh, I missed that part.”
With Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash carrying the bleeding creature, going up ahead to get him back quicker, the other four carried the larger, more portly creature back to town.

“What do ya’ll think it is?” Applejack asked.

“Whatever it is, it has an odd sense of fashion, just look at the excessive use of blacks and grays!” Rarity commented.

“Right before that big boom, my Pinkie Sense was going crazy!” Pinkie Pie excitedly spoke.

“I’m just wondering what these things he has with him are,” she said as she read the labels of the items on his belt quite confused, “M18 Smoke Generator? Caffeine Pills? I have no clue what any of this stuff is.”

“Maybe we can ask him when he wakes up,” Pinkie said, eyeing the caffeine pills, “We could have a party!”

“Well Pinkie, I think that will have to wait,” Applejack said, trying to calm Pinkie down, “First we have to find out where they came from, and more importantly, where their friends went.”


Soap woke up staring at the wooden ceiling of an unknown building. Looking around, he noticed that he was on a basic cot, in a small area made of dividers in an even bigger room. There was no medical equipment around, save for the cotton bandages he could feel wrapped around his head. He tried to get up, but he didn’t know whether his current surroundings were friendly or hostile. Suddenly, he heard feminine voices talking on the other side of a partition.

“Well girls, I can’t tell you much about him or his friend. The taller one’s name seems to be John from that necklace he was wearing, and when you brought him in he had a slight concussion and a small cut on his forehead, nothing life threatening though, which leads me to ask, where did you find them?”

“Thank you again Nurse Redheart,” another voice spoke, “We found them out in the woods, we think that they had something to do with that loud boom this morning.”

The voices sounded American, and that was enough for Soap.

“Hello, who’s out there, where am I?”
He was totally unprepared for what happened next.

A four foot tall purple pony walked between the curtains, and looked right at him, “Hello, my name is Twilight Sparkle, prized student of Princess Celest-” She didn’t have time to finish, as Soap had jumped off of the cot and had backed against the wall.

“Who are you, where are my friends, WHAT’S HAPPENING!?”

As he backed against the wall, Twilight also backed up to give him room.

“Well, that’s something we want to know as well, if you wouldn’t mind telling us.”

Soap began reaching for his sidearm. Gone. He reached for the shotgun on his back. Gone. In desperation, he reached for the knife on his belt. Also gone. Twilight noticed that he was reaching for the equipment he had, which she theorized were weapons. She tried to reassure him.

“We’re not going to hurt you. I see you’re nervous, but relax, so are we. We just want to know who you are, how you got here, and most importantly, where your friends went.”

Soap, seeing no other option, sat down on the cot, trying to calm down. “I’ll tell you, but first, you said something about another one like me. Where is he?”

Twilight nodded, “Nikolai, if you would come in please.”

Nikolai walked in, ducking under the curtain rod to stand next to Soap, “Soap, my friend, I didn’t believe it at first, but it’s true, for once we crashed in a place full of things not trying to kill us!”

Twilight cocked her head, “Soap?”