• Published 12th Dec 2012
  • 451 Views, 11 Comments

Merge - William w2



My adventure going through Equestria as the worlds collide

  • ...
 11
 451

Chapter 2: The Talk

Chapter Two
Equestria
The Talk
Three weeks after Twilight sent the letter to Celestia of their impeding doom, she went to Twilight personally to hold her and comfort her.
Twilight felt guilty to have had to break the news to her teacher, much less the goddess of the world. It made her very, very scared.
Celestia had gone around Equestria informing mayors and all of the leaders in Equestria.
She knew that this day was going to happen. Especially since her Mom and aunt clashed, causing a huge explosion, thus creating these worlds, but that is a story for another time.
She sat there wondering why the world built around love and friendship had to be ended by a fragile wall preventing the worlds from crossing inter-dimensionally.
It didn't seem fair! How could she have been put on this land with her sister to only not get along and waste most of our time on a punishment, and to have this kind of end!
'Woah, Celestia, think for a second. You don't need to be mad with something you can't control, no matter how life changing it is.'
Celestia had started to taking to Twilight as to be her daughter. It's funny that she got letters from her and almost never sent one back. 'Reminds me of my childhood' Celestia thought to herself, with a slight chuckle and a memory of long ago.
*. *. *
Upstairs Twilight was crying. She couldn't handle the pressure of having all this weight being put on her shoulders!
She should've never looked up ANYTHING about dimensions. 'It's all because I'm a stupid egghead!' she thought, or she thought she did.
"Now Twilight, there's no need for thinking like that." the Princess said in an almost......motherly tone?
Twilight stood there for a second before responding" But, Princess! There's ALL the reason why it's my fault! All I can ever do is get my hooves even deeper into a sandpit I can't get out of."
"Twilight, don't go putting all this blame on yourself." the Princess said.
"I KNOW that it's not my fault. It's just the fact that anytime I try to fix something, it just happens to get worse. I guess I'm just better off as a student. I know I wouldn't be much help as a teacher, with me always screwing up." Twilight said in a sad, but truthful manner.
"Oh, Twilight, stop being so down in the dumps! You know that your Element is MAGIC, not honesty. You'd be an amazing teacher if you tried! Now, think about this. You have been writing letters to me for almost three years now, am I right? You would think that for a magical pony, you'd change some lives, and that is a VERY true statement. You have taught your best friends all about being friends and about how much friendship can play a part of everyponys life! Twilight! You've even taught ME! I'm over a thousand years old, and you taught me. That is some serious smarts you've got there." She said with a little bump to Twilight. "You are my faithful student, and I am your proud teacher. I look at you and see for myself what you've come from. Remember the time you had to lift those weights and hold them at the Academy?" Celestia asked with a sly smile on her face.
Twilight let out a small laugh "Yeah, all those years. It's all happened so fast, hasn't it?"
Celestia had a faraway look on her face. "You have no idea , Twilight."
Twilight pondered that for a moment, then looked the Princess dead in the eye and said in a quiet, but serous tone ,"The merge happens tonight, you know that right?"
"Yes, Twi,"she said with a tear in her eye,"I do."