• Published 12th Dec 2012
  • 452 Views, 11 Comments

Merge - William w2



My adventure going through Equestria as the worlds collide

  • ...
 11
 452

Chapter 1: The Noticing

Chapter 1
Earth
The Noticing

It was night-fall, and the sky was illuminated, but not by stars. I haven’t seen those in a while. I moved to the city four years ago, when my mom’s job required that she work there or get laid off. At first it was kind of hard to get used to all the lights and noise, but eventually you get used to it. I live in a one story apartment, with two bedrooms. I have a perfect view of the sky from my window. Well, as much as I COULD see.

For some odd reason it felt….tingly tonight. It was almost like a mix of electricity in the air and that feeling of when you’re home alone and you hear a noise in the hallway. I kind of had a feeling of trepidation because of, well, I honestly don’t know what. I guess I’m expecting something to happen.

I’ve been having a hard time getting and staying asleep lately. That’s why I’m here, at my window. It helps me calm down. I keep having nightmares.

It's been difficult trying to grow used to a completely new place. It's kind of like having a weird hallucination of a completely different world that's impossibly close.

I have gotten some friends, though. They still are getting used to me being around, being the new kid and all. I have held back on my activities and music and stuff I have around them because I don't want them to find out about me.

Its not like I'm a secretive person, just that I have a very BIG secret. As I'm sure most of you reading my story (considering that it actually gets out to you) that we share something in common. It should be easy to guess.

Eyup, that's right I'm a brony. For those of you that don't know what that is, I'm pretty much a fan of My Little Pony. Yeah so what if I watch a show for younger kids, but I DON'T CARE! I like what I like and deal with it!

Now that I got that cleared up, I can get back to what I was doing..uh...what was I doing?

Oh, yeah! Sorry! Back to the story.

So I was looking out my window and saw the moon. It would not have been a very big deal except that the moon was HUGE! WAY bigger than I remembered it. I guess it's because I haven't seen it very often lately.

I can easily say that I am a reader. I read mostly sci-fi. I like that a simple story can change my mood. Its always a happy loo-da-day in the end. But if it wasn't, wouldn't it only remind us of our own problems?

I guess I have a tendency to get off track sometimes.

I walked back towards my bed to attempt to get some sleep. I saw the clock, it read 11:47. I have a bad habit of having to go to sleep at either a half or at one hour on the dime. It's major OCD for no reason.

I got into bed and couldn't help think that the moon was so big tonight! It looked like it came about 20% closer to the earth, and it is on the day the moon would be closest to the earth. And to top it all off, it was a FULL moon!

Author's Note:

This is the story my sister deleted.