• Published 12th Dec 2012
  • 2,732 Views, 125 Comments

MLP: TCR - Omlliw



Ghost throws his microphone a little too hard.

  • ...
8
 125
 2,732

MAGIC MISSILE (Lightning Bolt!)

"Alright, Pinkie, you get the lightning. I'll get the rod and AJ here can help me secure it. Let's go, team!"
Ghost ran out of the studio madly. Pinkie was about to go too when Applejack let out a small burst of laughter.
"What's the joke, AJ?"
"He just said that we were a team."
"Yeah, so?"
"...Ah think he's startin' ta like us." At that, Pinkie gave a wink, a smile, and hopped away.

***

Pinkie Pie sped through town until she reached Sugarcube Corner. Once inside, she raced upstairs and found a small, blue device. Quickly running back outside, she threw it on the ground, where it unfolded into a gyrocopter for one.
"All aboard the Pinkiecopter!" she giggled. At that, she started pedalling her hooves to make the gyrocopter work. Magnificently, she soared into the clouds, got her bearings, and pedalled over to an extravagant-looking house.
Pinkie Pie pressed the doorbell. A few seconds later, a groggy-looking, cyan blue pegasus with rainbow mane and tail opened the door. "Oh, hey Pinkie Pie." She had a small giggle. "What a wake-up call, eh? So, what is it you want? I've got to move the clouds in an hour."
"That's just the thing, Rainbow Dash! My new friend, John Conquest, needs a lightning cloud to power up something he's working on so he can get home. Could you lend a hoof?"
"Conquest, huh? That's a strange name. Anyway, sure, where does he live?"
"Oh, you'll know when you see it," Pinkie giggled. "It's a lot different to any of our houses. He brought it over all the way from Appleloosa."
Rainbow Dash cocked her head. "He brought a house all the way from Appleloosa? That must have taken a lot of magic."
"Oh, he's not a unicorn, Dashie."
"Pegasus?"
"Nope!" Rainbow Dash wiped her eyes.
"Pinkie, you've got some pretty strange friends. I'll get that cloud to his house in about 10 minutes. Think he can wait?"
"I sure hope so! Bye!" Pinkie's gyrocopter slowly descended, giving Rainbow Dash an opportunity to wave to Pinkie on her journey downwards.

***

Ghost strolled through town, hands jammed firmly in pockets. Ponies were still looking uneasily at him, and his face was frozen in a snarl.
"This is a place full of...frickin' talkin' horses, there's gotta be a blacksmith somewhere in this goddamn town," Ghost grunted.
"Um, excuse me, sir?" A timid voice came at Ghost's feet. He looked down to see a yellow pegasus with bright pink hair cowering at his feet. Ghost shook her off with a small yelp from both parties.
"Uh, sorry, didn't see you there," Ghost muttered.
"Wait, sir!" The pegasus bounded after Ghost.
"Whaaat? Whaddayawant?" Ghost growled.
"Um, I heard you talking about a blacksmith, and, well, uh, I know a really good one. Um, if you want to follow me, I can show you, it's no trouble at all, if you don't mind, that is."
"I don't really have a choice," Ghost sighed, as he walked off with the yellow creature. "So, what's your name? I might as well know, cos EVERYBODY in this freakin' town thinks I'm their friend."
"Oh, I'm, uh, I'm Fluttershy. What's yours?"
"Are you afraid of ghosts?"
"No."
Ghost breathed a sigh of relief. "My name's Ghost."
"Not to be rude, but what species are you? I've never seen anything like you before!"
"I'm a homo sapien." Ghost groaned. He didn't want to answer any more questions after Pinkie Pie's interrogation. "Why are there butterflies on yer ass?"
"That's my cutie mark! Most ponies have them, and they show our special talents. Oh, look. We're here."
The blacksmith's tent wasn't very big, but it was very warm. Ghost was surprised it hadn't burned down. The sound of a hammer smacking an anvil could be heard. Ghost headed towards the source. There, a unicorn pony with a cream-coloured coat and a black tail was working hard.
"Hey. Do you have any lightning rods?" Ghost asked.
"Nope. I can make you one, but it'll take a while." he said, without looking at Ghost.
"How long, exactly?"
"I can't say, but I have two more orders to fill out after I'm done with this one."
"Fine. I'll wait."
"Great! I'll need 10 bits in advance, though."
Ghost's mouth flopped open like a fish. "You mean I need money to get stuff?"
"That's generally how it works."
"Forget it, I'm taking my business elsewhere."
"Fine by me," laughed the unicorn.
"I'm sorry, Ghost, I didn't know-" Fluttershy started.
"Oh, don't worry. Would anyone else have a lightning rod?"
"Well, Applejack once told me that Twilight had a magical lightning rod. Maybe she can give you one."
"OH, NO. I am not talkin' to her. She almost killed me when I first got here. Is there anyone else?" Ghost eyed around the market, trying to spot anyone who could help.
"You could always use a tree."
"What would you know about trees? Your...butt tattoo says you like butterflies."
"Well, I have a tree costume. It might be a little bit on the scruffy side, but it's tall enough!"
"Well, why didn't you say so? Let's go to your place. I'll meet you back at the studio," shouted Ghost impatiently.
"Wait, I don't know where that is!"
Ghost waved a finger to the horizon. "There, somewhere. Or maybe in the other direction." At that, Ghost walked off, not sure himself where his studio was. Fluttershy had lost him. The timid pegasus giggled, then flew off in the other direction.