• Published 12th Dec 2012
  • 2,732 Views, 125 Comments

MLP: TCR - Omlliw



Ghost throws his microphone a little too hard.

  • ...
8
 125
 2,732

Don't be scared! (Because I'M A CAPITALIST, AND I DESERVE RESPECT)

Ghost wandered through Ponyville, Applejack by his side. Noticeably, everyone else was staying away from the angry Texan.
"Right yonder is Sugarcube Corner, the bakers' place. That's where Mr and Mrs Cake live," Applejack explained. Ghost looked at the building, dumbstruck.
"Ah, God, does the WHOLE building HAVE to be pink? That looks fruitier than a doll house, for Christ's sake."
"Do ya have to criticize EVERYTHING ya see?" Applejack shot Ghost a smug grin.
"I can't help it if I'm in Ponyville," Ghost rolled his eyes. Applejack's smile faded. "I didn't realise you ponies ate cake. I thought you were restricted to hay and oats."
"Maybe it's time I introduced ya to Pinkie Pie. She's friend's with everypony here."
Awkward silence. "Is she, by any chance, a prankster?"
"Eeyup." Ghost let out a sigh, followed by a small chortle. "Do ya suppose I'll ever understand ya?"
"I doubt it. Let's go find her."

***

When Ghost stepped into Sugarcube Corner, he was overwhelmed by the scent of about a hundred freshly-baked cakes in the air, so much so that he almost staggered over. Behind the counter was a pink tail and some munching noises.
"Pinkie? Are ya there?" Applejack called out.
Slowly a pink pony head appeared from behind the counter.
"Oh, my!" Pinkie gasped. Ghost let out another laugh at this. "I'm Pinkie Pie, and I've never seen you before. What's your name?"
"You aren't surprised by what I look like?" Ghost was slightly taken aback.
"Nope! I run into all sorts of things in Equestria, I'm not surprised in the slightest. Now what's your name, what's your naaaaame?" She started hopping around.
"I am your host, the man they call Ghost." Ghost stuck his chest out, hoping that Pinkie might recognise him (forgetting that she was a pony) or give him some respect (because he's a capitalist). Instead, Ghost was presented with the most astonishing reply possible.
"WAAAAH! APPLEJACK, RUN AWAY! THERE'S A GHOST NEXT TO YOU! SUGARCUBE CORNER IS HAUNTED!" With that, Pinkie ran into the kitchen, huddled in the corner.
"...she's friends with everyone here, with THAT attitude?"
Applejack let out a nervous chuckle. "She doesn't like ghosts." Ghost put a hand to his forehead. "Do ya have another name?"
Ghost took a HUGE swig of apple juice, and sighed afterwards.
"If it means getting out of this stupid pony land, then she can call me...kpjmvpmwirdy," he mumbled.
"Ah'm sorry, what was that?"
"higbxibyyar," he repeated.
"One more time?" Applejack took off her hat and put a hoof to her ear.
"JOHN CONQUEST." Ghost shouted, almost knocking Applejack over.
"Well, alrighty then," Applejack murmured. She ran into the kitchen, where Ghost could hear the clanging of pots and pans, and a lot of shouting. In ten seconds flat, Applejack forcefully dragged Pinkie back into the room.
Ghost and Pinkie locked gazes, before Pinkie gulped, and Ghost rolled his eyes again before extending a hand.
"Hi, Pinkie. My name's..." he sighed. "...John Conquest. I'm not a ghost, shake my hand, I'm as real as you a-" He realized what he had just said, stopped himself and took a final swig of apple juice. He crushed the carton and, finding nowhere to put it, jammed it in his shirt pocket.
Instantly Pinkie's worried face exploded to one of delight, and she happily shook Ghost's hand. "Hi John! You're a brand new face, and I'd love to be your brand new friend! Where d'ya come from?"
"Texas."
"I've never heard of Texas, that sounds exotic! Where exactly is it?"
"It's East of Las-"
"East of Las Pegasus? You mean you live in Appleloosa? Why did you come to Ponyville?" Ghost sighed again. Pinkie was reminded of Cranky Doodle Donkey.
"I don't know. I didn't really have a choice."
"Aww, poor you! Well, don't worry, John, I'll throw you a party! Where's your house?"
"Uh, back in Texas."
"Well, where are you staying while you're in Ponyville?"
"My studio, unless somebody offers me shelter."
"Ooh, a studio! Are you some kinda artist?"
"I'm not an artist, I'm a radio host."
"Couldja take me to your studio?" Pinkie's face proudly displayed a beaming grin, and she was hopping in place.
"Fine, just stop asking questions, please!"

***

When Pinkie and Applejack entered the studio, they were surprised by the mess. What surprised them more was the machinery all around the room. Never had the ponies seen anything like this.
"Ooh, what does this thing do?" Pinkie tapped Ghost's computer.
"DON'T TOUCH THAT!" Ghost shouted. Pinkie was oblivious to Ghost's shouting, however the computer was off and it didn't do anything. Applejack picked up the microphone, which seemed to be slightly charred.
"What in Equestria happened to this thing?"
"Uh, I'd prefer not to say." Ghost pushed it out of her hoof. "Let's just say that's how I got here. It's also probably the only way I'm ever getting out of he-" Suddenly Ghost got an amazing idea. "Do you ponies have electricity?"
"Well, we do have electricity, but it'd take a while to set up, probably a week at most." Applejack said. "However, if you're lookin' for INSTANT electrical energy, there's a storm coming tonight, and all the pegasi are gonna be haulin' lightnin' clouds all over Ponyville. If'n ya wanna get electricity, you'd need a lightning rod and a lightning cloud to get that machine workin'."
Ghost smiled.
"Let's go to work."