• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 2,024 Views, 23 Comments

Through the Centuries I loved Him - TARDIS_Brony



Join in the adventures of the Doctor and Celestia

  • ...
6
 23
 2,024

A Whole New World

A Whole New World

I am traveling in a ship that looks like a wooden blue box on the outside, but inside it is so different. I find myself wondering if it is an illusion. Some sort of complex dream cooked up by my father to teach me a lesson or a joke that went to far. I do not have to go far to realize the truth. I only have to look at myself to realize that this is all very real.

My mane is the first clue it has grown longer it now blocks vision in one of my eyes. It's bright colors mocking me. It feels warm I find no tangles as my hoof glides through it with ease. It is like giving the morning air a physical form and placing it on my head.

The second clue is my cutie mark. The dazzling sun upon my flank. It shimmers and shines as if giving off it own light. It seems to dance as I stare at it in wonder. I touch my cutie mark curious if it warm like my hair. My hoof covers my mark and I feel as if I just snuffed out the sun itself. I quickly remove my hoof so my mark glimmers once more. I shiver and promise never to do that again.

The third clue is not physical, but mental. I knew far much more than I did before. I knew spells I never heard of. I knew how to raise the Sun despite never having done so before. Magic was tingling throughout my body begging to be cast. However, I had no clue how to wield such power that was given to me. I also knew something I wish I didn't. I knew the truth about my parents and the cost for giving this power to me. I felt so many emotions anger, frustration, and sadness. All of it pouring through head threatening tears to my eyes. I then remember the promise I made to the Doctor and myself. To grow strong and master my abilities to make my parents proud. I swallow my doubts and stand strong, it is all I can do for now.

My surroundings are my final dose of reality. Everything inside this ship, the TARDIS I believe the Doctor called it, I have never seen anything like it. Metal was everywhere forged into different shapes I have never seen. Most of the metal was covered in lights that flashed and glowed in ways I never seen any spell do. The sounds that were made matched no animal I knew of or any other sound I knew of. All of it is overwhelming there is no way it should be real, yet it is. I could never imagine anything like this. Until those doors open once more and I find out I am wrong I have decided this is all real.

I look over to my sister. She has done something different to cope than I. She has latched onto the only other pony available aside from myself, the Doctor. She has deemed him her lifeline to what she has lost and affectionately calls him Grandfather. The Doctor takes great joy in being considered part of her family, I can seem him grinning from where I stand. I believe my sister has some sort of spell she casts on elder stallions to win them over. She did the same to Scraggy Beard when she first met him.

"Come over here Celestia," motioned the Doctor with his hoof. "Your delightful sister or should I say Granddaughter asked me a marvelous question. And I believe you should be included in the conversation." He motioned for me to come closer so I could listen in. "Before we begin do you wish to be called Granddaughter as well?" He offered to me with a kind gesture.

"No thank you Doctor," rejecting his offer. "Celestia is just fine," not really feeling comfortable with this strange stallion calling me Granddaughter.

"Very well, Celestia it is," he spoke rather sharply looking a bit sad. "Now Luna could you ask your question again so your sister knows," he asked her kindly, but still a bit bitter towards me.

"Ok Grandfather," she spoke sweetly to him. "I asked where are we going and how are we getting there," retelling her question and I wondered that myself.

"I do not know where we are going," he answering part of her question. I stare at him in shock how could he not know where we are going. This is his ship and my parents gave him the beacon he should have some idea. We are suppose to trust him with our care. "But that does not mean we will not get there," he spoke again noticing my doubt. "Your parents gave me a beacon with all the information for my TARDIS to find a safe planet. However, their beacon is a magical spell which makes things difficult for the TARDIS, but not impossible."

"What do you mean Grandfather?," asked my sister interrupting him.

"I mean mixing technology and magic is difficult," responded the Doctor to her. "If it wasn't for the advances I made with Starswirl. I would not even be able to use the beacon."

"Why is it so difficult?" I find myself asking the Doctor. We used technology and magic together all the time in Equestria. Everything used magic in some way.

"You misunderstand Celestia," he spoke shaking his head. "The TARDIS does not use magic. It is powered by by a completely different force outside of magic." The concept of no magic was unheard of to me. Wondering how all of this even working if no magic was involved. "I bet your wondering how all this works without magic," he spoke as if reading my mind. "Do not worry about it. I know how it works and that is all you need to know." Ending any other questions I might have right there.

"Magic and the TARDIS work under two different principles," continuing with his explanation. "Each follow their own set of rules getting the two to work together is hard. Fortunately am I not easily deterred when it comes adversity. Thanks to my brilliance and Starswirl's aid I was able to make the two work together," he spoke smiling to himself.

"How was that Grandfather?," asked my curious sister.

"By realizing energy is energy," he spoke excitedly to her. "Though different in nature magic is basically a type of energy. All I had to do adjust the TARDIS and install a device and I am able convert a location spell into readable data for the TARDIS. I am able to do other things with magic, but that is unimportant at the moment." He spoke clearly excited about his advances to his ship.

"Normally it would take the TARDIS mere moment to rematerialize at a new time and place, but the beacon is slowing us down. The reason is that the TARDIS needs not only to lock on a location, but a time as well." We both looked at him confused. He sighed as he continued. "Your father when he found a planet it was light years away."

"What is a light year?," I asked the Doctor his explanation getting more confusing.

" A light year is how years it takes for light to reach a destination," he spoke hoping that his explanation would clear it up. It did not as the Doctor sighed. "Lets say a pegasus is flying above the ground," giving me an example. "And you counted the number of seconds it took for the pony to land. If you took that time and made it into years that would be a light year." I nodded understanding a little bit better. "Good now your father detected a planet that is about 100 light years away. That means for us we have to travel 100 years into the past to find the correct planet."

"Why can we not stay in our current time Grandfather?," asked Luna. I found it hard to believe we were traveling back in time.

"The reason my dear filly," responded the Doctor. "If we stayed in your current time there is a possibility that the planet would not exist. Or be more dangerous then was originally detected." Informing us of the hazards of time traveling.

The Doctor continued to talk about the TARDIS in detail to us. Explaining buttons, nobs, switches, and some other things as well. I learned much about the ship that I was currently inside. Since it seemed we would be in travel for a while I decided to explore the ship. Telling the Doctor and my sister goodbye, I was off to explore. But not without the Doctor telling me not to touch and mess with his instruments.

The TARDIS is huge on the inside. I have been trotting for a while and I fear a have not even seen half of it. I have come across many rooms some with beds, others with trinkets. The Doctor must be some sort of collector. He has enough stuff to make his own museum of the strange objects. He must taken one thing from everywhere he has traveled. The object I have seen, I can only guess what they do. I have never seen anything like them before. Some beeped, while others buzzed, most did nothing at all, but I did not touch them for fear of what they could do.

I have found the Doctor's wardrobe. I thought it would have nothing of interest, being a stallions closet, but I looked inside anyway. I love what I found, dresses so many lovely designs. Each one looked almost custom made. I searched for any dresses my size, but it appears only mare size was here. I brushed my hoof over them as I wondered if my mother wore any of them. I nuzzled a dress or two it made me feel close to her even if she did not wear it.

"Whirl," startled at the noise of the ship, I have not heard the noise while we traveled.

"Celestia," called out the Doctor. "We are landing. Please come back to the control room." His announcement echoing through the halls. I quickly hurried back wondering where my parent's magic had led us. I arrived to find the Doctor and my sister looking at a box shaped object.

"Ah Celestia you are here," commented the Doctor noticing my arrival. "You can join us as we look at the scanner," he spoke as the center of the lit up and showed an image. "What you are seeing is the outside of the TARDIS," he explained as the image moved.

"It is dark outside," spoke my excited sister. "That must mean it is night!," she said clapping her hooves together excitedly.

"I wouldn't be so sure," responded the Doctor. The image moving more as the dark turn to light showing the scene of a bright day.

"That can not be right Grandfather," said my disappointed sister. The image scrolled back as day turned back to night swiftly as before.

"Oh but it is my filly," he spoke stopping the scanner so both day and night are imaged together. "A planet where both night and day exist at the same time. How interesting," he exclaimed as he opened the doors. "We are not in any danger shall we be going." With that he left through the doors leaving us inside.

Here is the moment where I find out the truth. The moment I walk through those doors I will see if this was all dream. I hope my parents are on the other side of the doors. I do not want the responsibility that was thrust upon me. But if it turns out this is all real I will except it. I take a deep breath close my eyes and walk through the doors.

I open my eyes slowly hoping to see my mother's smiling face, but I do not. I am greeted with the scene that was on the scanner. A planet where day and night exist together. I look to my left and I see the night sky. The moon is huge it may even be larger than the planet we are on. I can even see the stars as the twinkle in the sky. I look to the right and see the opposite. I see a bright day with a blazing sun in the sky. It was warm with a blue sky and a nice breeze blowing.

The planet defied everything I knew about nature. There was a point where day and night met, it was a line. Both just stopped as if there was a barrier preventing the two from crossing. I stared at the line trying to understand what was happening. The light of the day should of kept on going, but it doesn't. I can see the shadow of a tree the goes into the night side. However, only the trunk of the tree shadow can I see the rest is covered in the night. I notice the TARDIS it is sitting on the line half in day, half in night. I realize that I came out on the day side of the TARDIS.

My sister soon come out she is on the left side the night side. I wonder if it has to do with our new powers the drew us to the correct side. My sister had her eyes closed as well and open them much like I had. Looks like she had the same hopes that I did, perhaps we are not so different. I watched as she took in her surroundings looking left then right with puzzlement.

"Sister," she called out to me. "How is this possible? It just stops," she states examining the line of day and night. "Is there a barrier? Can we cross it?," she asked scared as I had no answer.

"Of course you can cross it," spoke the Doctor with eyeglasses on. "Why did you think you could not cross?" He questioned as he lifted a rock with his hoof and check on it.

"The light just ends," I respond. "That is impossible. There must be a barrier preventing things from crossing."

"Impossible for you maybe," as he trotted to the line and passed onto the night side with ease. "But not for me," I could hear the happiness in his voice. I huffed at being treated like a foal. Taking a determined step I crossed over to the night side. It felt so different I could feel the cold air on my coat and smell the night air. I could see the light on the other side, but it was if on the other side of a window.

"It is so strange sister," I heard my sister remark as I noticed her on the day side. "It is as if there are two places in one."

"More like two places on one planet my dear," spoke up the Doctor back on the day side of the planet.

"How is this possible?," I ask trying to wrap my head around the fact that this planet contained both night and day. Wandering back to the day side feeling more at ease on it than on the night side.

"We been here only a few minutes, fortunately that is all the time I needed to determine why it is like this," the Doctor answered with that all-knowing smirk. "Magical diffusion, from the moon no less," we both look at him the answer still not clear. "The moon is putting out a magical field," sighing as he continues his explanation. "The magical output is so strong that it actually as the ability to hold back light," he tells us. I am astonished as I look at the moon. I didn't think anything had the ability to hold back light.

"How do you know it is moon that is the cause Grandfather?," asked my sister to the Doctor.

"The rocks on the night side are saturated in magic," he replied. "The ground and rocks contain much more magic in then than they should. That means magic from an outside force is infusing them and the only object that can be is the moon," he pauses grinning at us both at this discovery. "However, the moon is not doing it on it's own. The very planet on which we stand is helping."

"What do you mean Doctor?," I look at the ground expecting to come to life.

"The internal magic of the planet has synced with that of the moon," he replied excitedly. "Under any other conditions this planet would have perished. Due to the large magic of the moon it has allowed this planet not only to survive, but thrive. It is all very exciting," the Doctor hummed happily.

"Is magic able to really do all of this?," I ask the Doctor overcome with the abilities of magic.

"Yes, yes it is and so much more," he replies to me with a serious look. "You and your sister will be learning about all of it soon enough. You both have a large burden to bear. I suggest you get some rest we have a lot of work ahead of us," he smiles softly as he turns back to his exploring.

I turn and face my sister and she nods to me agreeing with the Doctor. We both head back into the TARDIS feeling more at home in it than outside. I wander the halls to find a room to claim. I pick the first one with a bed I could find. My sister picks the next closest one. I offer for her to stay with me the bed is large enough for two. She declines, I guess she wants to be on her own.

I have so many questions, seems none will be answered today. I will get them answered though. I refuse to be strung around anymore, I need to make a stand. For myself and my little sister. She has clung onto the Doctor and I doubt she wants to break her bond. It will be up to me to question the strange stallion that is our protector, teacher, and the only family we have. I hope I am up to the task.

Tomorrow is a new day. I will be ready for it, I have to be. There are a lot of ponies counting on me and it all starts when I wake. The day I start my magic training.

Author's Note:

Done another chapter. Hope you those who have read so far are enjoying it.