• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 2,023 Views, 23 Comments

Through the Centuries I loved Him - TARDIS_Brony



Join in the adventures of the Doctor and Celestia

  • ...
6
 23
 2,023

The Shining Seraph

The Shining Seraph

We traveled in silence. After what we saw and experienced, it was a lot to take in. My mind was still processing it all. I saw the birth of a universe, my universe. Some where in that endless sea of stars the planet that would one day be my home was just forming. The beautiful Goddess that vanished before us, most likely becoming one with her creation. The threat that loomed behind it all and the promise to keep everything safe.

We each processed what happened in our own way. I tried to make sense of it. Thinking about what I saw and the promise I made. My sister stands alone away from me and the Doctor. Playing with a ball staring as she moves it back and forth, I can only guess what she is thinking. The Doctor stand vigilant at the controls occupying himself with work. I suspect his mind is at the loss of a friend that he only just met again.

The ship lets out the loud noises that means we have landed. "It appears we have landed," the Doctor confirming my observation. "I wonder where we are?," asking nopony particular as he turns on the scanner. The scanner shows nothing as static dances across the screen. "There seems to be some interference," checking his instruments. "All the readings say it is safe, let us go outside and see where we are," opening the doors and exiting through them. We both followed him out curious at we might find.

I stood and stared my mouth agape at the scenery, it was huge. There were tall buildings that looked as if the touched the sky. Each building packed close together leaving very little space between them. A wall the looked as if stretch forever circled the packed in buildings. The thing that shock me the most was that everything was plated in something in yellow and shiny.

"What is that place Grandfather?," my sister curious as I.

"That my dear is a city, a place with a lot of ponies," as I became all excited. After so long I get to see ponies again. I enjoyed being with the Doctor and my sister, but it was still lonely without anypony else. "Interesting," breaking from my excitement as I noticed the Doctor scrapping his hoof on the road. I then noticed that the hard ground below us was the same yellow shiny stuff coating the city. Knocking on it I realized that it is some sort of metal. "Well I be, it seems we are walking on a street paved with gold," remarked the Doctor astonished.

"That means we are looking at a City of Gold," I remark loudly. Staring at the golden city how rich must those ponies be in order to cover their city in gold? As I am reminded of the snobbish nobles that hung around the castle. The city must be full of ponies like that. Suddenly I am not so excited to go in there, but still we walk towards it.

We approach the entrance way I notice the single guard standing in front, looks like his armor is made of gold as well. That poor pony that is most likely the only gold he is allowed to have, forced to work for those stuck up snobs. He is probably not even allowed into the city, most likely forced to live in some slums as he barely gets by. Well if I want to help the ponies of the world I should start here and find a way to free him of his oppression.

"Greetings everypony," he say happily enough, probably some act. "Welcome to my wonderful city of El De Rodeo," that brings me to a halt confused. His city, does that means he lives here?

"Hello my fine sir," greets the Doctor. "What a fine job your doing guarding your fine city," he says respectfully to the guard.

"Actually I am not guarding it at all," he admits to us. "I am just here to greet traveling ponies like yourself and tell you the rules of the city."

"I take it that means you get a lot of ponies coming into your city," inquires the Doctor.

"Of course we get ponies from everywhere, some even by space ship," revealing to us that is is a far future and not Equetria. "They all want to see our peaceful city of gold. Of course not all ponies are not well intended, but we have the Seraph to stop them," as I perk up at this mention of this unknown.

"The Seraph of course I know of them, but what can you tell me of them my fine sir," the Doctor lies trying to gather more information.

"Well almost everypony does, but I like telling the tail so I will tell you of when they came," as we all listen in wanting to know more about them. "It was about two or three years ago. Our city was in bad shape it was run down and crime ran amok. It was a full time job trying to stop crime and making sure nopony got hurt. Then they came, the Seraph, in their spaceships of gold. You see they are not ponies like us, they are aliens. We were wary of them at first, but they offered to help and make the city a place of piece. They did exactly as they promised within only a few days all crime came to a stop. I suppose they must of caught all the crooks, they still do if one happens to break the rules," warning us of what happens if we break the rules.

"Can you tell us what happens to the criminals?," the Doctor pressing for more info.

"Not sure," the guard responds. "The Seraph say anypony can be converted so I guess they must have ways of rehabilitating them. In fact they have an award for the good ponies where they teleport them to visit their home world, they call it Ascension. Had a buddy of mine go about three days ago, I am do to go in about two days from now," he smiles excited about going to another world.

"You are full of information my fine sir," complemented the Doctor. "Naturally I have heard the rumor and wanted to come and see it for myself. However, I have not have the luxury of seeing one for myself. Perhaps you have my dear sir, can you describe them to me."

"Of course I can," he smiled at us falling for the Doctor flattery. "They are not hard to spot, they usually travel in groups of four patrolling our golden streets. Anyway they are cover head to hoof in gold armor not any part of them showing, not even a tail. They are in pony shape, but most of believe that they don't look like ponies underneath the armor. We are alright with that after all they have helped us so much," he smiled believing in his words.

"They sound too good to be true. I cannot wait to see one," I could tell the Doctor was suspicious. "Now you mentioned something of rules, care to tell enlighten us about them," changing the subject.

"Of course," replied the guard. "The rules are simple and mostly basic, such as no stealing or attack another pony. The most important rule is no being out after curfew. That one is the most enforced by them. Only ponies with a special pass," showing us his pass, "are allowed out after curfew and we are allowed only in our assigned places," the Doctor's examining the pass.

"When is this curfew time?," questioned the Doctor.

"Curfew starts at sundown," catching my surprise, how can they know when that is? "The Seraph track the sun every day and they warn every pony when the sun is going to set," pointing his hoof at the tallest building. "We call that building "Lighthouse" when it lights up that means the sun is setting, it is also where the Seraph are," telling us where they could be found.

"We thank you very much for everything my kind sir," the Doctor continuing to compliment the guard. "We shall be on our way and tour this grand city of yours," I could tell he was planning otherwise.

"Wait, before you go I need your names," stopping us at the gate.

"Of course how rude of me, I am Doctor Iamnottellingyouanything," speaking so quickly I was unable to catch it.

"Doctor who?," spoke the confused guard.

"Precisely," the Doctor grinned as if he has heard it before. "These are my Granddaughters, Solar Flare and Moonbeam," glad he considered me a granddaughter, but not that he gave me a different name.

"They don't look like your Granddaughters," taking notice of our wings and horns.

"If you met their Grandmother you would see the resemblance," he grinned. I wonder if he was speaking about the Goddess we met.

"Welcome to our city, enjoy your stay," leaving the guard behind trotting into the golden city.

"Why did you lie about our names Doctor?," I asked confused about hiding my name.

"Need I remind you what happens if you go around spreading your name," reminding me of my parent's story. "It is better this way if nopony knows who we are," his argument valid now that I understand.

"Fine," I sigh giving in. "Next time I am giving myself my own name," I mutter to which the Doctor does not respond.

I knew what the Doctor wanted to do. He wanted to investigate the Seraph base. I had no such desire, my first time in years to communicate with other ponies I did not want to squander it. It took some convincing, but I was able to get the Doctor to let my sister and I to explore on our own. So long as we were careful and listened to any rumors about the Seraph, I could tell he did not fully trust them. We said our goodbyes and came up with a place to meet and a time. He left us with a warning to avoid any Seraph that we may see. With that I set off with a destination in mind my sister following behind.

The market district was grand. All the smells and sights and ponies, I was in paradise. My sister brought me down when she reminded me that we had no bits to pay for anything. It seems a salespony over heard our plight and told us that they were paid by how many ponies they served, in short everything is free. I over indulged myself after hearing that eating many sweets such as cake and other foods that I have not had in a long time. My sister laughed at me after almost eating myself sick, reminding me there is such thing as to much of a good thing. We bantered back and forth having fun and releasing our worries.

I spotted a horseshoe store as I look down at my bare hoof having forgotten I never worn one. I remember that my sister and I are past the age when we are to get our first ones. With this in mind my sister and I head into the store. I look in the majestic store there are so many sizes and colors, how would I ever choose? Gold horseshoes in the corner caught my eye, they were not like the rest. They looked like they would cover part of my hoof and came to a point at the tip.

"I see my special horseshoes have caught your eye," spoke the friendly mare clerk.

"Yes they have," responding to her observation. "What makes them special?," wanting to know more about them.

"Those my dear are specially made enchanted," I stare in wonder at the magical shoes. "They are meant to grow with the wearer and never wear out."

"How is that possible?," looking at the mare in disbelief. "The Seraph gave us a spell that allows us to enchant the horseshoes."

"Why only these shoes, why not all of them?," wondering why all the shoes were not special.

"We found that the spell only works on the metals gold and silver," she told me. "While they are good metals not many ponies forge horseshoes from those metals. I had those ones and a silver pair specially crafted in case anypony wanted them," telling me that these were rare.

"I will take them," splurging on myself, I deserved something nice. "My sister will have the silver ones," noticing how she looked in awe at the silver pair, she deserved something nice too. The shoes felt nice on my hoofs they seemed to fit me perfectly as we left the store.

Outside was much different than we left it, it was quiet. Everypony was standing on the side of the golden street as if making way for an unseen force. I could hear something in the distance the sound of metal on metal as hoofs clomped on the ground in sync. Then I saw them, the Seraph. They looked exactly like the guard described them, moving gold suits of armor. However, seeing them with my own eyes they are much more intimidating as they marched forward in step. I figured it would be best if I did like everypony else was doing, standing out of the way and wait for them to pass.

I was not prepared when I felt my magic flare up inside me. As the Seraph got closer I could feel my connection to the element of light scream out at their approach. Was I feeling the presence of the Seraph? I looked around it seemed like no other pony was suffering like I was. Did they feel what I did? I looked over to my sister she did not appear to be suffering either. I could feel the presence of all four of them as they got closer. I could feel my magic building within me soon I would be forced to reveal myself if they got any closer.

A shine of light appeared before my eyes losing my control of building magic. I could feel as the light inside them sang in tune with mine, any hope of going unnoticed completely dashed. The response of all the Seraph in this city flooding my mind, just how many were there? I could also feel something even larger behind it all, it almost felt like a sun in its intensity. It did not take long the Seraph to approach me.

"Who are you?," came the empty echoing voice from the armored being. The voice sending my senses flaring and my magic screaming at me. The voice sounded distant and empty, but I could feel a presence behind it as if talking through armor that stood before me.

"I...am Solar Flare," struggling to remember the false name the Doctor gave me. I could feel each of the Seraph's inner light reaching out to me, as if trying to commune with my own.

"Come with us Solar Mare of Light," the echoing voice sounding respective of me. "You no longer need to stay among the others," I could almost feel the distaste in the voice. I had not the strength to fight my own magic seemed to hum in tune with theirs, I gave in and nodded. Giving one look to my sister as I left with them silently telling her to get the Doctor.

I was put in the center of their formation one in front, one in the back, and two at my sides. Were they keeping me from running or protecting me, I am not sure. I could tell they broke the normal patrol route and headed to the Seraph base, "Lighthouse." I could not look back to see how the other ponies reacted to all this, I can only hope my sister finds the Doctor.

Traveling with the Seraph became easier as I neared their base. I could feel my light magic sing out to their internal light and felt their response. I was somehow communicating on an unconscious level and had little control over it. My magic found a balance with theirs. Now it no long causes me discomfort to be near them. It almost felt natural to be around them now, somehow my magic must of synced with theirs. I fear what this may mean for me it happened so quickly without my intent, I wonder if that means they think I am one of them?

We arrive at the ominous building known as "the Lighthouse," at the center of the city it towered over the other buildings. The tower stood alone in this tight packed city no other building were close to it. It had areas of green at the points with four gold paths coming from the building. It did not look like they had any security, perhaps the Seraph did not fear the ponies of the city.

They guide me to the large doors of their base stepping off to the side on the green and phasing out of view. The door slide open the light hit my eyes nearly blinding as I consider running, but am rooted to my spot.

"Come in Solar Mare," came the echoing voice from the halls of the base. "You are welcome here being of light," I do not know if is my magic or curiosity driving me forward as I walk in. My eyes adjust has my eyes take in the wonders around me. It reminds me of the Doctor's TARDIS machines buzzing and lights going off, only in gold. I look around as I see Seraph patrolling the halls they make way for me guiding me to my destination. My internal magic sings in tune with theirs and my worries seemed to have faded, perhaps they not as bad as the Doctor believed.

"You are here Solar Mare come in and meet us," the voice came from a central door as I walk right in. The light of the room was intense for a moment I thought I was on a sun. Light shined from everywhere and corner my own shadow was gone no darkness existed in the room. "We are the Seraph beings of light and enemies of the shadows," the voice boomed in my head causing my magic to flare once more. "You are the first pony allowed inside our sanctum," the voice pounding on my mind like a drum welcoming and painful at the same time. My magic reach out and found a source of light larger than the rest. Looking up I saw a Seraph much larger than the rest. "We are the voice of the Seraph," echoed the massive moving suit of armor.

"Do you have a name?," calling the apparent leader voice or Seraph did not suit me.

"We have no name," the voice echoed the pain subsiding, but still grinding in the back of my mind. "We are all one extensions of the Source," clearing meaning they are of one mind.

"Where is the Source?," wondering how far of a reach it may have.

"Far beyond the stars in a place where shadows fear to go," hiding where they are from I only got that they were not close by.

"Why was I brought here?," wanting to know why I was taken from my sister.

"You are connected to the light, we heard your song and brought you here for study," I did not like the sound of that.

"What study?," nervous of the answer.

"Though a pony your connection to the light is stronger than the others," echoed the Voice to me. "Your light may hold a way to aid in our mission," I could possibly help them.

"What is your mission?," wanting to understand more.

"To purge the universe of darkness," I gasp at such a task. "We have been going planet to planet purging them of darkness ridding them of corruption and making them one with the light. We seek a way to spread our reach so the shadows cannot escape," I can hardly imagine trying to take on that task alone. I remember my promise to aid the Doctor, perhaps the Seraph can help me achieve my goal.

"How can I help?," getting my hopes up I will show the Doctor, I can help in his task.

"All ponies have light inside them, however it is a small amount we need at least six ponies to empower us," the Voice explained to me. "With your light we may be able to increase the light within the ponies, therefore it would take less ponies to increase our ranks," I never knew my magic could be used like that.

"Using my power would help you in your mission to rid the universe of evil?," giving myself understanding to what they wanted.

"Unknown," the large Seraph stated. "First you must be studied. You will go to a room of holding until we are ready," two Seraph leading me out of the light filled room to another with a window.

I stared out the window as time ticked by. I was uncertain what the Seraph had in store for me. I was willing to endure a little pain if it meant the benefit for the universe. I could see as the Sun began to set as a bright light shined from the building I was in. It must be the light the guard pony spoke about. It was so bright, it was if a new sun had replaced the the setting one. It also meant curfew had begun which means the Doctor and my sister will not be coming for me tonight. My eyes turned to a bed set out as I lay on it and decide to go to sleep.

Sleep was denied to me as loud alarms blared through the building. I fall startled out of the bed, what was going on? My door slides open as two Seraph stand in front of me. "What is going on?," I demanded from them. They said nothing as they lead me from the room and into a room with a chamber inside. The chamber looked like glass cell with a machine panel as one of its walls. I saw a small opening at the side of the panel surrounded by metal and armor. I could see the lead Seraph standing there as a group of six ponies were lead in.

"You sub-creatures are in violation of curfew," the Voice accused the ponies. "You also have soiled our base with your unwanted presence. What is your plea?," the Voice commanded of the ponies.

"We have nothing to say to you," stood out a brave pony spitting at one of the Seraph. The spit rusting the the armor slightly before turning back to gold.

"You are corrupt and dark ponies," cursed the lead Seraph. "However, you are not beyond redemption. You will be converted and join the light," I felt relieved that they were going to give these ponies a chance. I watched as they lead the six ponies into the chamber and shut the door behind them. I could see the brave pony picking at the door trying to get out. "To join the light and become one with it you must be purged of all your sin," the lights turning on in the chamber as I wonder what is going on. "We shall purge you of your darkness until only the light remains," as the machine turned on and the glass shattered as the one pony escaped, the others did not.

I could hear their screams in the back of mind begging to be saved as I watched them be purged. Realizing that the headaches caused when the Seraph spoke were the voices of the thousands of ponies purged begging for redemption. The light of the chamber burned brightly as it faded noponies were in the chamber, it was empty.

"Get the flesh creature that escaped," commanded the voice as I heard more of the screams. I know realize the the pain cause to me was the calls for help of thousands of ponies that have been purged. I had wanted to help these monsters, it made me sick.

"You can't make me go in there. I saw what you did," spoke the pony now caught by the Seraph. I had hoped he had gotten away.

"You will go in after we show you the light," the lead Seraph standing before the struggling pony. His visor opened staring into the ponies eyes. I could only see light shining on his eyes as he stopped his struggles. "Go into the chamber," commanded the Seraph. The pony obeyed not showing any emotion. I turned away as the machine was started up a second time and the pony was purged. I looked at the machine as I felt a source of light come from it, had a pony survived? From out of the opening came a floating light. It danced above the metal as it turned to gold as it bent and molded into a pony shape the light safe inside. Realizing in horror I just witnessed the creation of a Seraph.

I back away hoping to run, I am quickly blocked off. "You killed them!," I scream looking for a way out.

"They are not dead," the emotionless echoing voice spoke. "They have ascended and are one with the light, they are us," I gag at their sick ideals.

"I am never going to help you!," trying to get free of them. "I will never let you use my abilities just so you can purge more ponies!," firing my magic at them, but having no affect.

"We never needed your cooperation," hearing this filled me with dread. "We only were interested in you power and if we could use it. From the moment you entered our building we knew we could," as their magic held me still.

"Then what did you need to study me for?," struggling as the lead Seraph approached.

"We only needed to know if your body was needed to use your power or if we could purge it and make it part of us," I whimper knowing I would not like what they found. "We concluded your body is not needed and therefore you shall be purged," I panic as I struggle my magic allowing me to move as try and break free of their hold. "You are not going anywhere Solar Mare you will join us the light beckons," the visor opening as I am blinded by the light.

My mind screamed at me as the Seraph try to break my will. I could feel it as the creature tried to penetrate my mind and bring me under its control. I fought back using everything I had try to push the Seraph out. I could see behind the lies as the Seraphs powers promised freedom from corruption and pain. The power singing sweet songs all with the element of light. However, light is my element and I will not let it control me, I control it. With that thought in mind I gave one final push and banished the Seraph from my head.

"You are the first to resist the light Princess," breathing heavily and stare at the Seraph in shock. "Yes, Celestial One we found out the truth that you tried to cover with lies. From looking into you mind we now know of the darkness invading your Equestria," I filled with dread, I could not have these soulless creatures purging my Equestria. "We learned of your dark sister Luna also of the pony unbound by time," I cried not wanting them to know his name, "the one you call the Doctor."

"You called," looking up in hope as I saw the Doctor. "It is not very nice to call out somepony's name when they are not present," I could not believe my eyes as I saw him and my sister, magic at the ready, standing together.

"Doctor," echoed the Seraph Voice. "How did you get in hear undetected," as the Seraph started to surround the Doctor.

"Sadly I didn't," as he stares at the newly made Seraph. "I came in with six other ponies which you turned into that monstrosity," pointing hoof at the Seraph in anger. "It was easy to hide from your notice after all you believed you caught all the invaders. Your patrols were easy enough to avoid and hiding in this room was simple when your attention is directed elsewhere," he explained with a smirk. "Now release my Granddaughter," he commanded the Seraph.

"You dare command us Time Walker, we do not take commands from lesser beings," the Voice projected back at the Doctor. "The Celestial One will be purged and ascend into our ranks. You Doctor will have your knowledge of time travel extracted for our use. As for the Mare of Shadow," judging my sister. "We shall not let her darkness poison us, she is beyond saving she shall be expunged from existence," I fear for my sister and the Doctor in their plans.

"Is that so?," calmly replied the Doctor. "I fear you are mistaken. My Grandfillies and I will come to no harm for your about to have a much larger problem on your hooves," smiled the Doctor like he knew something.

"There is nothing you can do to us," the lead Seraph glowing bright showing that it was in control.

"Your right I can do nothing," as the building shook being hit by magical blasts. "However, an entire city of angry ponies that is a different story," the Doctor grinning mirthfully.

"Why are these lesser beings attacking? What did you do Doctor?," the Seraph struggling to maintain order as the building shook.

"I made sure those ponies you purged sacrifice was not in vain," the Doctor shouted above the chaos. "However, in truth I did nothing it was all my Granddaughter here," praising Luna. "She has a little ability known as dream walking and thanks to your curfew we had a city of sleeping ponies. It did not take much for her to show all those sleeping ponies your true intentions as you purged those innocents and threatened a young mare," I look at my sister impressed with her abilities. "You lost you will never harm another pony again," as the building started to collapse.

"You and all these ponies shall feel our wraith," as the lead Seraph's armor fell to the ground and the other Seraph followed. "We shall eliminate all life on this planet and move on and start anew," the lights from all the Seraph joining the Voice into one giant ball. Floating up joining the shining top of the Lighthouse, I shudder in fear the Seraph have turned themselves into a weapon.

"What do we do Doctor?," panicked unsure on how to save everypony.

"It is up to you Celestia," he answers leaving it up to me. "I am sorry you will have to do this, but their power is light and it will respond to you," he spoke morbidly as if there was more to it.

"What do I do?," wanting to take the chance to save these ponies.

"You must connect with the light and feel its pulse," he explains as I ready my magic. "You will feel the light wanting to spread you must do the opposite, compress the light," coached the Doctor leaving the fate of this world to me.

I felt the magic inside me hum reaching out to the glowing light at the top of the tower. I concentrated shutting out the world around me and focused on the Seraph threat. My magic touched their light dancing with it as I immersed myself in. I could feel the Seraph their rage and their thoughts, how little they thought of us. The pulse of their weapon building and threatening to release and rid the planet of life. I followed the Doctor's instructed and stopped the spread and compressed it. It was a struggle the Seraph fought back powering up the light more it pulsing faster.

Behind them all I could feel the presence of the Source. It cared little of what was happening, I could feel it studying me. It knew of me and wanted my power. I could almost hear it's voice promising to take my power one day. It also knew of the Doctor and my sister as it promised that it would master time and hunt us down making sure we never escape. With that it broke off contact leaving me alone with my task.

With the pulsing building faster I held the light as tightly as possible compressing it as small as I could. I could feel as the power of the Seraph gave out as I watched a bright light shine and then everything go dark. I stood in shock. I could not believe I did it I could no longer feel the Seraph, they were gone. I saved the city and all the ponies in it. I could hear the cheers of the ponies around I did it they were safe.

"Good job Celestia," the Doctor putting a hoof on my shoulder, but still looking sad.

"Why are you sad Doctor everypony is safe now?," trying to understands his reasons.

"When you figure that out you might not be so happy either," answering cryptically. My sister flinging her hooves around me congratulating me on defeating the Seraph.

We were met by a large group of ponies at the entrance as we exited the tower. They were all thanking us for saving them and showing them the truth. I could see the city behind them as I noticed all the gold was gone. The buildings were tarnished and dingy it looked as if the city had not been cared for in years. I guess much like the peace the Seraph promised the gold was an illusion as well. I could not help, but feel for the ponies of the city that will have to rebuild their lives.

I look down at my shoes expecting them to be tarnished, surprising they are not. I spot the mare who gave them to use and asked her why. She said because they were pony made, the enchantment on them is real. I asked if she wanted them back, she said no she did not want any reminder of this nightmare.

We had reached the gate where the guard that greeted us before look somber and sad. Everything he knew was a lie, his friend is gone and he almost shared the same fate.

"What do I do now?," looking for a direction.

"You can make sure what happened here does not happen to anypony else," the Doctor stopping looking at the guard. "Tell everypony everywhere what happen here. Warn them of the Seraph, tell them of the purge and ready yourself and everypony for a fight should they ever come back," giving the pony his new mission leaving him with those words.

We traveled down a gravel road, it no longer gold, back to the TARDIS my mind on the Doctor's words. Why would I be unhappy about defeating the Seraph? I wasn't sure if they were alive, from what I experienced they were just as empty as the gold armor they inhabited. What did I feel as I defeated them? It felt like I was holding a star with my magic it was exhilarating and frightening all at the same time. With my magic I crushed the star... I KILLED A STAR! The horror of what I done washed over me as I realized part of me enjoyed killing the star.

"I see you realized what you done," the Doctor taking notice of my horror. "Luna go into the ship your sister and I need to talk," my sister looking worried, but followed the Doctor's command and went inside.

"I never realized I was capable of such a horrific thing," shaking as the Doctor put a hoof on my back and held me close.

"We are all capable of terrible things," I could feel that he spoke from experience. "It is what we do after the makes us who we are," giving me a much needed hug.

"I feel so bad for doing it even though I needed to," crying. "I just wanted to save everypony, but now I feel guilty for it."

"We often have to make impossible choices," I could hear the experience behind his words. "However, feeling guilt is good. It means you feel and you have regret for the things you do. Hold onto that it means you have a soul and are not a monster," consoling me as I cried. "I am going to let you sort you thoughts and when your ready come into the TARDIS," entering the ship leaving me to my thoughts.

I thought on his words as I realized the Doctor was right. I did what I had to do, that did not make me a bad pony. As long as I realize what I did should never be repeated unless the situation was dire. That is what made me different from the Seraph. They used light to destroy, while I use it to protect as long as I do I will never become them. Entering the TARDIS I think of the lesson I learned today. Darkness can exist anywhere, even in the light.

Author's Note:

There you have it the Seraph the Purge and an lesson for Celestia. I hope you all enjoy reading this chapter. Will you see the Seraph again, maybe you will see.