• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 1,400 Views, 57 Comments

My Little Brony: Life in Equestria - OfficialTheDDJBron3



A human has his dreams fullfilled as he is transported to Equestria..

  • ...
19
 57
 1,400

Chapter Two: Strangeness with Happiness

Chapter Two - Strangeness with Happiness

I felt awake. I could feel myself looking around. But there was nothing, just blackness all around me. A strange feeling was inside of me. Is this a dream?, I thought. I suddenly heard a voice somewhere. It sounded as a whisper, but I knew it sounded at least a few meters away from me. It gradually grew louder, loud enough so I could hear the voice more properly. The voice sounded feminine. It didn’t sound as if someone was talking to me directly. I noticed I actually wasn’t hearing the voice with my ears. I sensed it in my mind. The voice was talking to me in my mind. This is a really weird dream, I thought again. The voice started talking again, but more clearly.


“Hello there,” The feminine voice said, “You have a lot of hope in what you believe in so much don’t you?”


“What, what do you mean?” I stammered, I was confused. This felt so real, but it felt fake at the same time due to the darkness.


“I think you do know what I mean. Somewhere deep inside of you, you have a hope of something. You believe in it so much that your mind even thinks it’s real, as if you could just go, or meet what you believe in. Your hope is so strong, that you can imagine it so realistically.” The voice boomed in my mind. It sounded as if it echoed through the darkness.


When the voice had finished talking, I knew what it had meant. It probably was talking about Equestria. The way that I imagine myself living in that world, as if I could grasp it, be in it as in it being so real that I could actually be standing in Equestria. I had always hoped that if I died I would live in Equestria. I believed in it as if it were a religion maybe.


“I can read your mind. I see that you seem to understand what I am talking about. If you could live any dream that you have. Live in a world that you hope and believe in so much, a world that you put so much faith into. Would you leave your own life, on Earth, give up everything you ever lived for. For a new world that nobody could ever live in? This is your only one chance.” The voice whispered into my mind.


“You mean, that I could actually go live in Equestria? I would be leaving my family, my friends, and my small music career forever? In exchange for a world so much better? This is a huge choice. I would be sacrificing many things for something so wonderful.” I answered back painfully with sorrow. The thought of living in Equestria is wonderful, but leaving everything behind? I need time to think of my answer.


“As I said before, I can read your mind. I know that this is a very hard decision. But this is a one chance only. I can only transport children between worlds. So that they can still have a long life ahead of them as they enter their dream world. So that they can have enough time to start over and make a living. I can only give you ten minutes before I have to move on to another child.” The feminine voice said everything as if she didn’t even care if children had to leave their whole life behind them to enter their dream world.


I thought about it. Nothing is better than Equestria. This is what I’ve imagined for three years. I’ve always lived in Equestria in my own thoughts. But now it could come true in a single answer. I would be leaving everything behind in my old world. But I would be young enough to start over in Equestria. I knew what my answer would be. I had only about four more minutes before the strange voice would leave me and never ask me this again.


“Yes, yes I’d rather live in my dream world. Even if my family finds me dead on my bed. If they think I died in my sleep of a sudden death for no reason. I would live in Equestria. Although I would miss my old life. I would have enough time to become comfortable in my new life, because I am still young. Yes, I am ready.” I answered strongly.

--

I awoke to the sounds of high pitched squawks and low growls. The sounds of winds rushing through rough leaves. I slowly opened my eyes to see tangled branches and leaves above me. Through tiny holes in the trees I saw the sun’s rays trying to break through. I stood up and looked around me. This isn’t my bedroom, I thought. But then I remembered that strange dream. I wondered if it had really come true, but this isn’t Equestria. Something popped into my head, this must be the Everfree Forest. It didn’t seem much scary to me, except for the constant noises of annoying birds and growling animals in the thick undergrowth. If this was the Everfree Forest then I’m going to have to find my way out in order to get my new life started. I sniffled a little bit, I had to try to remember all the faces of my family and friends. They’re probably already planning a funeral for me. All of my Brony friends on the Mlpforums.com site are probably blaming the bullies at school. My fans on Youtube are crying, knowing that I’ll never upload any mixes from now on. I held back my tears though. I had to be strong, I’m in Equestria now. I’m thirteen and I still have a long life ahead of me. I’m starting over in a new and better world. A world filled with peace and happiness. A world of ponies and everlasting friendship.


I wandered through the Everfree Forest as if I already knew this place. I actually did, sort of, in a way. I wasn’t really scared of the place, except the fact that I was alert for cockatrices, and also swamps where a hydra could be living in it. I also avoided caves where dragons and ursa’s could live. I kept marching forward through the deep undergrowth. It was quite chilly in the Everfree Forest, without the sun it was shadowed and cold. I’m glad I wore my hoodie and jeans and shoes to bed.


As I wandered endlessly through the Everfree Forest I was gradually going to give up until I had found a small dirt path. I decided to follow it, it either had to lead out of this place, or at least lead towards Zecora’s house. I wonder what would happen then. I suddenly felt nervous and scared at what would happen. Maybe they would think I’m some kind of deformed ape. What happens if my worst fear comes, they don’t understand what I say?


I followed the small dirt path until the trees started to clear up. The shadows were fading into sunlight as the world started to brighten up. I started into jog, but then it turned into a run as I quickly moved towards the edge of the forest. The fresh air hit me as I burst into the field in front of me. I had to blink in order to get used to the bright sunlight. The sun’s rays warmed my skin as I looked around. It’s as I imagined it. The equestrian breeze flowed and whirled around me. The field had a rich green color to it and the sweet aroma of flowers entered my nose. Butterflies and bees were flying around peacefully in the lush field.


I looked beyond into the distance and noticed a bundle of cottages with pink rooftops not far away. It all seemed so real. But this is actually real. It was Ponyville. In my dreams I had never thought I would actually see it with my own eyes. But here it was, off in the distance a few miles away. I watched as to what I think I saw were ponies. Ponies with many varieties of colors. I couldn’t see them properly, but I knew they were ponies. I slowly started to walk towards Ponyville, as I planned what I would do when I had actually gotten there.


Would I say hello? Would I try to speak to them in my language and see if they could understand me? What if they were afraid of me because nopony ever has ever seen my species before in this land? Maybe I could just make some peace with the ponies if they didn’t understand what I say. It was gradually getting darker in the sky as night became to be. The sun started to set and rays of pink, blue, and purple glowed around it. Hopefully maybe one of the ponies would be nice enough to let me in for the night at least, I thought hopefully.