• Published 8th Dec 2012
  • 1,401 Views, 57 Comments

My Little Brony: Life in Equestria - OfficialTheDDJBron3



A human has his dreams fullfilled as he is transported to Equestria..

  • ...
19
 57
 1,401

Chapter Four: First REAL Day in Ponyville

Chapter Four - First REAL Day In Ponyville

I woke up and found myself in an unfamiliar room, but then I remembered that I was now in Alexander’s house in Ponyville. I pushed my blankets to the side and stretched. I looked at the clock on the wall and noticed it was eight thirty seven in the morning. Alex wasn’t currently awake yet. The house was also lit up by the sunshine shining through the windows. I didn’t know what to do. I wondered if I should wait for Alex to wake up, or either go and wake him up myself. I decided that I wanted to have a longer day to become acquainted with the ponies here. It’d be a little strange at first, being human and all, but I should be able to get along just fine. If Alex could do it, I could too. Hopefully.


I walked into the hallway and wondered which door was Alex’s room. I slowly moved around, not making too much noise. I opened a door and found a room. It wasn’t exactly Alex’s room, but it was pretty messy. There were bookshelves lining the wall, books were scattered all over, and a desk with papers. This must be his study room or whatever, I thought. I walked into the study room. I wasn’t curious about the books, or the papers on the desk. I was curious about the window in the room. I had actually never seen a pony yet in Equestria. I walked towards the window and looked outside. The sun was bright, the rays were even warming my skin through the window’s glass. It was bright, but I eventually got used to the light. My eyes widened. It really was real.


I saw ponies with many different kind of styles of manes, colors, and some were even wearing clothes. They all greeted each other whenever they noticed somepony they knew. When I looked up I could see a few pegasus’s flying, they were moving fast, as if they were late for something. Some unicorns would be sitting on a bench, or at an outdoor table reading their studies. It was an amazing sight, ponies with high intelligence that could think like humans.


“Hey, Justin, you ready? You can’t stay inside and watch ponies from my window all day. I have to introduce you to a friend I got in town before I go to Applejack’s.” Alex said urgently.


I moved away from the window and followed Alex out of the study room. “Alex, since we live here in Equestria, where do we get our clothes? I mean, where do we even get new clothes? I’ve only got one pair of clothes. The ones I’m wearing.” I asked.


“Oh, um, the way I did it was that I asked Rarity to size me. So she did. At first she was kind of confused on how to make clothes that fit our kind of bodies. But she learned how to do it quickly. Now I get all of my clothes from Rarity, not for free of course.” Alex answered as he opened the front door.


I followed him out into the sunlight. I sniffed my clothes and I stunk a little, I guessed it’s probably because of my venture in the Everfree Forest.


I followed Alex as he planned to take me to see one of his friends here in Ponyville. I felt as if I was being spied or watched. Everywhere I looked somepony was watching me as I passed by. Alex had told me it’s because they never expected to see another Human in Equestria, but I think I agree with the ponies, they probably never did expect to see me. Alex started to walk towards a bench that was shaded by a tree it was under. There was a stallion that was laying on it, reading a book. The stallion was a unicorn with a red mane, his fur color was white. I noticed his cutiemark also, it was a cutiemark of a blue hoof with wind whirling around it. I didn’t really know what it was meant for, probably running or something.


“Hey, Silver Sprint! I want you to meet this new guy in town!” Alex called to Silver Sprint waving his hands and pointing at me.


When we were close to Silver Sprint I didn’t really know what to stay. I was wearing my speaking amulet but I just couldn’t think of anything. So I said the most simplest thing I could think of.


“Hi.” I greeted.


“Alex, is this another human? I’m kind of busy for meeting anyone new. But I’ll talk for awhile. So, I’m Silver Sprint. Nice to meet you, welcome to Equestria I guess?” Silver Sprint said glancing at me from his book. He must be studying for something.



Remembering what Alex said, I crouched down a little so Silver Sprint didn’t have to look up as much. “Alex said that I could hangout with you for the rest of the day. You know, introduce me to some of your friends, go do some stuff? I could read with you if you’d like.” I regretted saying that last part.


After Alex left Silver Sprint had told me that he was studying on lands that were across the seas of Equestria. I never knew that there more places in the world of Equestria. In fact, I had always thought of Equestria as one huge stretch of land.


“Okay, you should read this book about The Lost World.” Silver Sprint levitated me a book. It looked pretty old. The gold letterings on the cover were worn out and the title was pretty faded.


I opened it to the first page and it was a map. Above it read “The Lost World”. I read it and actually found some cool information. There’s a place called Zevera where zebra’s live, and another landmark called Concordia. There was a mythical myth about Concordia. There was once a stallion who ventured into the temples of Concordia. He was never heard and seen from again until ten years later he had come back. Apparently, he was supposed to be old. But he looked the same age as he did when he left. It was as if he had time traveled through time so fast that it felt like forever, but to him it felt like only five hours. I was confused. Ten years?, five hours?, time travel?, what?, I told Silver Sprint about the book but he didn’t really have anything to say. He was to cooped up in another book about an island called Ib’xian.


After a long time of studying with Silver Sprint, I had wondered why I had never seen anypony of the mane six walk by. Surely I would have seen Rainbowdash in the sky, or Pinkiepie doing something crazy and funny. But I didn’t. Maybe I’m just in the wrong part of town. Suddenly, I saw Rarity not too far from me. I don’t know if I should’ve introduced myself, or if I should just be like I had seen a celebrity and go up to her and talk like crazy. But I let her past. I don’t have the courage to go up to one of the mane six and introduce myself yet for some reason. Did Alex introduce himself to the whole mane six yet?


During my whole time of thinking in my mind I didn’t notice Silver Sprint getting up from the bench and levitating his books in a stack until he started to trot away.


“Hey, where are you going?” I asked, pushing my thoughts away and followed Silver Sprint.


“Oh, I’m going to Twilightsparkle’s house to drop off these books, then I’m going for a run. I thought that you could stay at the bench until Alex comes back, in an hour or so. I’m really busy.” Silver Sprint responded.


I watched him walk away and decided that maybe I’m not fitting in right. I’ve got to some how get a friend who could at least be funny, not a brainiac like Silver Sprint. He may be really athletic, and smart, but he’s not the kind of guy I’d hang out with in my freetime.


I sat on the bench, I probably looked pretty lonely. Being one of the only few humans in this world sitting alone. I decided that I’m going to explore Ponyville myself tomorrow and I might even get the courage to meet one of the mane six also. I think I had taken a nap because when Alex came to get me I was sleeping.


On the way back to Alex’s house I told him about my first day in Ponyville by myself.


“Well, I guess tomorrow you could go roam around by yourself. It’s not always easy, it wasn’t easy for me. The best way to become acquainted with somepony is to get a job. I’ll suggest that for you.” Alex had said after I had finished telling him about my boring day.


While Alex was getting ready for bed I went into his study room again, something told me that I was really curious about those papers on the desk that I saw this morning. I had noticed this morning that I had seen a picture of an orb that looked pretty shady to me. I looked at it and read a note nearby it.


"A human who practices the magic in Equestria, will become unhealthy and insane. One who does learn magic, will become insane in the process, as to that they’re not supposed to be able to learn magic. Magic is a power that can never be explained. It has no nature, structure, or behaviour.Only those who were meant to have magic may learn it’s secrets."

Author's Note:

What do you think? Will Justin gain any true friends? How long will it be before the ponies become used to Justin's presence there in ponyville? What do you think Alex is truly studying about?

Justin seems pretty lonely. Alex seems like a nice guy, but he isn't a kind of guy Justin would hangout with though.