• ...
3
 46
 2,372

Chapter 2: Enter Rainbow Dash


Twilight snored away as Celestia rose the sun over the horizon giving off a brilliant pinkish red color. The light shone over all of Equestria making time freeze for a few second. As the quietness disappeared back into the sounds of nature, streaks of light began making its way into Ponyville. The new found light brought warmth throughout the little town. As everypony awakened to their daily duty, one pony remained snoring on a partly written letter and one dragon was dragging himself to the kitchen.

“Gosh, I can’t feel my face” grunted Spike rubbing his face with his claws. He entered the kitchen and looked around searching for something to feed Twilight. He decided to just give her some hayflakes and be on his way, he grabbed a bowl poured some hayflakes and then added the milk to make ‘the perfect cereal’ and went to wake up a sleepy Twilight. Spike walked over to Twilight, trying to remember the things that happened yesterday and almost tripped over a black object on the floor.

“Now I remember..” he groaned. Spike went over to Twilight and poked her but she wouldn't budge, so Spike grabbed the feather he keeps for these types of moments and started tickling her.

“Hehehe, Okay! Okay Spike! I’m up! I’m up!” giggled Twilight. Twilight wrapped her magic around the feather and teleported it back into its cup.

“What’s for breakfast Spike?” asked Twilight

“Hayflakes with milk.” he answered laying the bowl in front of her.

“You only serve this when you don’t feel like cooking..What's wrong?” she asked.

“Don’t you remember?”

“Remember what?” she asked with a slightly puzzled look. Spike pointed to the main area of the library where the system was.“Ohh that..”

“What are we going to do?” he said

"I have no idea...wait a minute.” Twilight spoke as she approached the system and noticed more things were added into the box then there were yesterday.“Did you find more controllers...and another box??” she questioned as she studied the contents in front of her.

“No! I didn't find anything else.Heck, I just noticed all this a few minutes ago.” he said.

“Well things don’t just appear out of nowhere, trust me I tried” she stated looking back to the dragon.

“Well I didn’t do it!” yelled Spike defensively.

“Okay geez you don’t have to yell” replies Twilight

“Sorry..” said Spike awkwardly. Spike picked up the second box and read it outloud.

“‘Goldeneye 64’ wonder what that could be?” he says

“Does it say anything else?” asked Twilight

“It says M and Mature on it.” adds Spike. Twilight put on a puzzled look.

“We’ll just have to see what it is.” she said. Twilight sat down and concentrated on making the magic screen again while Spike ran around connecting all the wires where they belong. Soon enough, all the wires were connected and Spike plopped down wheezing.

“Isn't..there..an..easier way?.” huffed Spike

“I could try leaving it on tonight.” insisted Twilight

“Do it...I can’t keep doing this forever” wheezed Spike. Spike grabbed his controller while Twilight wrapped her magic around the second one and Spike flipped the switch.

“It seems to start differently” she said

“I can see that..” he said

“Oh great..more naked diamond dogs..” groaned Twilight. “When will there ever be other ponies or dragons?”

“I don’t know...but I have a feeling dragons will be coming soon enough.” said Spike.

“It seems to be introducing characters” said Twilight.

“They all look the same to me...except the ones with slimmer bodies..they’re probably the mares” said Spike.

“Most likely.” replied Twilight. They sat there and watched as all the characters zoomed by the screen, each holding a unique tool in their hand.

“What are they holding Twilight?” asked Spike

“I don’t know Spike..It looks dangerous though.” said Twilight

“We’ll just have to see.Oh, hey look a clip.” said Spike. They both gazed as a clip from a jungle area appeared and the character began walking around, followed by some mare. They watched astonished as the character pulled out a bigger tool and began firing at the other diamond dogs coming from the other side. Twilight worried that if Spike watches, or even plays this he won't be the same anymore. Twilight pressed A, skipping the scene and they both take a deep breath.

“Aww, Twilight why did you do that?” he whined.

“I just wanted to play already..” she stated.

“Okay..which one do we chose?” asked Spike. Spike moved the cursor around the 4 files and pressed the first one, creating a new game.

“There doesn't seem to be a tutorial.” said Spike while shuffling through the menu.

“We’ll just have to go through the main game I guess..” said Twilight. Spike went into the ‘Single-Player’ file and noticed many darkened images with only one bright one thats said ‘Dam’. Spike decided to exit that screen and instead go into ‘Multiplayer’ first so they can learn how to play together at the same time. As they shuffled through the options Spike said.

“There’s characters..?” he asked

“Check it out” said Twilight. Spike moved the cursor to ‘Characters’ and pressed A. They both gasped as many diamond dogs showed up on the screen in many different photo’s.

“I’ve never seen so many diamond dogs..” said Twilight astonished.

“Neither have I, and thats saying something” said Spike. They shuffled through the list three times and decided to just chose.

“I’ll be ‘James Bond’ since he has a tux on” said Spike

“I wanna be ‘James’, you be ‘Alec’.” said Twilight

“Too late..I’m ‘Bond’.” said Spike giggling.

"Fine..I’ll just be ‘Alec’.” groaned Twilight. Spike pressed B and went to highlight ‘Weapons’.

“There’s weapons in this” gasped Twilight

“Its ok Twilight geez...I’m a big dragon now anyways.” sighed Spike. Spike shuffled through all the weapons and stopped on ‘Goldengun’.

“This sounds cool! I wonder what it is..” said Spike

“Hehe I wonder too..” said Twilight sarcastically. Spike moved the cursor until it was on start and they began.

“Nice transition..but why are we in the bathroom?” asked Spike.

“Well you're in the bathroom, I’m in a room of some sort.” said Twilight.

“What does it look like?” asked Spike.

“It has a bunch of multi-colored silos and a door.” said Twilight

“Leave threw the door..” said Spike

“How? What button?” asked Twilight
“I don’t know, try A.” said Spike. Twilight moved the character over to the door and presses A, she yelps when the character pulls out a white weapon called ‘DD7’.
“What is this?!” cried Twilight
“How should I know!” replies Spike. “Try pressing Z”. Twilight presses Z and lets out a series of shrieks as her character fires off many bright lights and wall is stained with a hole.
“What just happened..” asked Spike
“I don’t know!” screamed Twilight. She took in many big gulps of air and relaxed. She looked at Spike. “I don’t think you should play this..for real..” she stated.
“But come onnn.” whined Spike. “Its not that bad, I mean its not like there’s pony’s being manipulated and cut into pieces now huh?” said Spike.
“No...Okay you can play just...keep it a secret.” said Twilight
“Alright, alright.” groaned Spike. Twilight went up to the door again but pressed B and gave a squeal of surprise when it opened.
“I DID IT!” shrieked Twilight
“So it’s B, huh.” said Spike. Spike walked up to the door and pressed B and walked out to find another door and pressed B on that to. They looked around and said.

“Were in some sort of...facility.” said Twilight

“I can see that...I’m at some offices.” said Spike. They walked around the map, taking in every detail of the not-so complex area. Soon enough they each ran into each other in the long hall.

“Your character looks great in a tux Spike.” said Twilight.

“What is that?” asked Spike looking at the weapon in her characters hand.

“I don’t know..It fires that’s all I know..” said Twilight.

“Try pressing the button you pressed last time again.” said Spike. Twilight began pressing random buttons until she hit the Z button and her character fired the weapon, hitting Spike’s character and sending him flying back a few inches.

“What just happened?” asked Twilight

“For the third and final time Twilight...If you don’t know, I don’t know..” said Spike.

“Should I do it a few more times..?” asked Twilight

“Yeah, go right ahead” said Spike. Spike let go of his controller and let Twilight shoot his character multiple times until he was sent back all the way to the wall and stayed there getting shot all around his body, Twilight yelped every time she shot and when the blood spots came out she was about to cry. Soon enough she shot once more and Spike’s character fell down and his screen was filled with blood. At that point Twilight was on the verge of fainting and Spike went to go fetch a glass of water for her. when he came back Twilight was shivering in the corner, her mane all over the place and whispering to herself.

“Umm Twilight..” asked Spike approaching. He noticed the room got distinctly

“There not here...Its all in my Imagination..” said Twilight looking around rapidly.

“Here you go Twilight...Some cold water..” said Spike handing her the cup very cautiously. The minute Spike’s hand approached her she flipped out and started running around the room yelling.

“THEY'RE HERE! THEY'RE GONNA GET ME!” yelled Twilight making very loud clop sounds as she stomped all over the room. Spike just proceeded to sit down and wait until Twilight got tired. After a while of running and many books being tipped over she finally plopped to the ground breathing hard. Spike walked over to her and said.

“You okay?”

“Yes...I think I am.” replied Twilight. Twilight got up and wrapped her magic around the cup and placed it in between her mouth and began drinking it up. Spike just sighed and walked into the kitchen to prepare lunch because they hadn't noticed that they’ve been playing all morning. Twilight just sat there drinking her water until a certain rainbow maned pegasus flew up to the window yelling.

“Hey there Twilight!” She flew in through the door and plopped right next to a very red and heavily breathing Twilight.

“Did you ‘run’ another marathon Twilight?” giggled Rainbow Dash. She stopped drinking and looks around saying.

“More like a ‘run-ovation’.” she says

Rainbow Dash proceeds to face-wing and says.“I thought you were going to stop with the puns ever since the last time..” Retelling Twilight about her last episode. Twilight just giggles and Spike enters the room.

“Oh hey Rainbow.” says Spike with a smile.

“Hay Spike! Hows it hoofing?” asks Rainbow

“Aw pretty good..just found something mmhmm” he says as Twilight puts her hoof over Spike’s mouth.

“Its all great here..we were just practicing magic..Yea thats it..” she says looking very suspicious. Rainbow just sighs and says.

“Fine with me but why would you run around to practice magic?”

“Umm I needed to be tired in order to be able to do it.” she replies

“Well..Okay then I’ll just be on my way..” she proceeds to walk out but notices that Twilight’s sitting on something.

“Twilight..What’s that?” she says pointing to her tail

“Umm..My flank..” she replies

“Not that..The grey-ish thing sticking out of your flank.” she says moving in a little closer

“Umm its nothing just be on your way.” she says beating a few sweat drops

“Twilight if you don’t move..I’ll just have to move you..” says Rainbow getting into a tackle position. Twilight held her ground bracing for the tackle that might come up. Rainbow says

“I’ll give you one more chance Twilight..”

“Nope Its my library if I wanna stay here, I’ll stay here” says Twilight confidently.

“Suit yourself” Rainbow flies toward Twilight but before she even makes contact Twilight wraps her magic around her tail and sends her toward the books. Rainbow just crashes into the bookcase and comes out smirking.

“If we're going to have to fight about this we will..”

“Bring it on then.” says Twilight giving her own little smirk. Rainbow picks up a book with her mouth and throws it at Twilight, but Twilight just used her magic to move it out of the way, but failed to realize that Rainbow was flying toward her and she gets tackled across the room. While all this was happening Spike’s just sitting down and watching the two mares knock each other around and notices the screen is going dimmer and dimmer everytime Twilight gets tackled. After a while both mares were exhausted and sweating and Spike just went to get some water. Rainbow looked at a messy, tired Twilight and asks.

“I didn’t know you had so much energy..”

“I’ve been practicing..” she replies.

“Why were we even fighting in the first place?” asks Rainbow

“I forgot..” she says

“Well I guess I’ll just be going then...wait a minute..” she walks toward a grey box on the ground.

“I just remembered !” she yells.“You didn’t want to move your big flank off this box. What is it?” she asks. “I’ve never seen anything like it.” Twilight just gulps and asks Rainbow to take a seat. Spike comes back with some drinks and sits with the three of them. Twilight explains how they found the device and what they’ve been doing for the past day and in between all of it Rainbow just gave a confused look. At the end of it all Rainbow sighed and says

“Everytime...All the weirdest things happen in Ponyville..why doesn't anything happen to Appleloosa or Manehattan?” Twilight just shrugs and notices the screen was barely visible after all the fighting. She sat down and focused on restoring it back to normal. After a little bit it was back to normal and she went to grab a controller, but was intercepted by Rainbow, she says.

“I wanna play.”

“Umm I don’t know..” she says worriedly

“ You let me play, or I tell everyone..”

“Ugh..I hate blackmail..Okay..” Twilight levitates her controller over to Rainbow who attempts to grab it with her hoofs but finds it impossible. So she goes by another method, her wings. She tries holding it with her hoofs and using her wings to press buttons but found this highly uncomfortable and just decided to leave it on the floor and using her wings to press the buttons and her hoof to move the stick.

“Okay..I think we're ready to go..” she says

“Spike come on..You're playing first”

“Okay..” says Spike. Twilight moves out of the way and watches Spike start up the game over again and notices Rainbow’s dazed look as the game starts up, sending bright flashes through her pupils and sending images of naked diamond dogs into her mind. After seeing the title sequence again Spike navigates through the main-menu entering ‘Multiplayer’. Spike picks the same character and tells Rainbow what to do.

“Okay..Let’s go now.” she says.

“Wait..We gotta chose the ‘Weapons’.” Spike scrolls through the list and lands on ‘Lasers’. He moves to the top of the screen and begins the match.

“Okay Rainbow..Wanna know how to play?” he asks

“Let me try to learn on the job..” she replies. She moves around with the stick and presses buttons with her wings.

“Its pretty easy so far..”

“So far..” Spike tells her about the objective of the game and she just stares blankly.

“Any questions?”

“What's a gun?” she asks

“Those long sticks on the ground..walk over to them and press A”

“Okay..How do I open doors?”

“Press B.” She walks out into a long corridor and asks

“Umm now what?” Spike just shrugs and continues to walk around the map. After a while of walking around Twilight gets annoyed and says.

“You guys are taking FOREVER!!”

“Well Twilight if you would like to prove that you're faster, here you go.” Spike slides the controller over to Twilight and she picks it up with her magic. Twilight takes out a ‘PP7” and walks out of the bathroom. Rainbow is still trying to comprehend all thats going on and just has a blank stare on her face. Spike just sits in the back and notices that another day is about to go by and sighs. By this point Twilight was in the long halls of the map, searching for her target and Rainbow finally learned how to use her weapons and the best way to move around. Finally Spike said.

“Umm Twilight..Its getting late..”

“What! It was just 12 o'clock a while ago!”

“Seems these games make time go faster...Something Doctor Whooves might like”

“Don’t bring him up at a time like this! Were running late Spike!”

“For what?!”

“For the meeting with Cheerilee remember?!”

“Oh yeah..” She drops the controller and scampers around gathering her objects into her saddle and proceeding to put it on she looks toward Rainbow and says

“Can you handle being here on your own?”

“Yea yea...Umm is there any way you can you leave this screen on?”

“No..I gotta shut it off” she focuses and shuts down the magical screen and all the wires disconnect, making the system shut off for the night. Rainbow sighs and gets up, Twilight asks

“What are you going to do?”

“I guess I’ll just read the next Daring Doo book..”

“Oh...We’ll have fun.” She runs out with Spike right behind her and they slam the door shut. Rainbow looks around and notices an open door, she approaches it with great curiosity and goes through it. She walks into a long dark hallway and cautiously walks through it and notices a lot of trash up ahead and approaches it. She see’s a lot of spilled over books and dust so she uses her wings to blow away the dust and files through the books.

“‘How to Please a Pony’, ‘How to Troll’, ‘The Art of FanFics’, ‘THe Internet and its Horror’s’ Hmm these are some weird books Twilight..” She continues shuffling through all the books until she lands on a weird shaped book. She pulls it out and it says ‘Nintendo Manual’.

“This seems good...” she walks out of the hall and closes the door behind her. She flies up to a chair and begins reading, but what she didn’t notice was that while she was in there another box had appeared. That box said..’Pokemon Stadium’..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------I'd Like to thank all my editors and My mentor iOctavia. This Chapter is dedicated to Chaotic_Harmony and I hope he gets through the block he's in right now...Since its break Chapters should come out faster, See ya'll next chapter Its a doozy!