• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 2,316 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Tale: Journey of the Dark Arts - FlutterDash777



When Twilight discovers a spell that transforms her, what will become of her, and Equestria?

  • ...
9
 64
 2,316

Cadence's Armor

-Cadence's Armor

Hour 7

"Girls!? Girls! Girls!!!"

Rainbow could hear a voice breaking through her ears. It was calling to her. Her eyes slowly started to open. Her head started to spin as she got up, and she had to close her eyes until it stopped. Once she regained her balance she opened them once more. She could see around her now. Her friends were all on the ground. It was as if they were sleeping. Then she remembered what had happened.

"Oh no! Are you guys okay?!" She flew around all of her friends who didn't move a muscle. Rainbow nudged Applejack, and poked at Pinkie Pie. They didn't move. She looked over to Rarity. Then she turned to Fluttershy. What had really happened?

Then she noticed where she was.

They were all back in Canterlot. They were no longer locked up in that small white room. Were they ever in it to begin with? Rainbow wasn't quite sure of what had happened. How much time had passed while she was asleep?

"Girls!!!"

There was that voice again. Where was it coming from?

Rainbow looked up, and all around. She couldn't see anypony besides the four alicorns on the ground before her. Who was calling to her? Was it just her imagination too?

"Wh---who's there?" Rainbow meekly called out. She wasn't sure if she was loosing her mind like all the others, or if there really was somepony out there that wanted to help. She needed help. So she continued to talk.

"Who are you? Where are you?" Rainbow Dash lifted from the ground slowly, but quickly fell back down. She winced in pain. Her wings were really sore. Why?

"Rainbow Dash! Over here!" The voice was now clearly coming from Rainbow's left. She turned to it, and she could now make out the figure of a pony.

"Princess? Princess Cadence?" Rainbow squinted, straining her sight. Was it really her? How could she tell for sure?

"Is it really you?!" Rainbow was hoping it was so.

Princess Cadence, or at least what seemed to be, walked over to Rainbow Dash. Her eyes sunk in with horror as she was close enough to see the four alicorns spread about the ground. She lifted one hoof as she noticed that these alicorns were Twilight Sparkles friends, or at least they were.

"What has happened to you? Was it....her....?" Princess Cadence slightly turned her head downwards as those words left her lips. She dropped her lifted hoof, and walked in front of what used to be a small, cyan pegasus.

"I-I don't really know... We were all in this room...and they all started to cry, and scream.... They were all seeing things...and well now I have woken up, and they won't move! I tried to wake them up, but they don't seem to hear, or feel me!" Rainbow's heart was picking up speed. Her eyes were lowering with sorrow. Her pride was beginning to fall. This was all her fault. She could have helped them, but instead she was too weak...

"The evil that has taken over Twilight Sparkle has done this to you. We have to awaken them for it may be too late if we wait for them to awaken on their own. We must act now! The fate of Equestria is in our hooves now that Princess Luna, and Princess Celestia have been captivated. We must not loose any more time! I'm sure you're informed of the dangers that will come to dear Twilight if we are too late...." Princess Cadence's voice trailed off. She tried to avoid eye contact with Rainbow Dash. She could see tears forming in her pink eyes. She turned to the rest of the four.

"You must use your magic to awaken them..." Cadence lowered her horn to Applejack. A bright green light formed around her horn, and it was sinking down into Applejack's body. Her orange skin began to glow, and her eyes started to quiver. She was waking up!

"Ugh....what....what happened?" Applejack lifted herself from the ground while rubbing the back of her head with her hoof.

Rainbow ignored this, and went over to Fluttershy.

'Use my magic....I must use my magic.....uh....'

Rainbow wasn't exactly sure how. She closed her eyes, and concentrated hard at the horn that was sticking out from her forehead. She could feel her body become lighter. Princess Cadence observed Rainbow Dash. She really was putting her all into it. Cadence smiled as she recognized Rainbow's determination. It was something that she herself had experienced. Love.

Rainbow could see a light seeping through her lids. The blue light was coming from her horn. Her magic, or whatever it was, was working! She touched Fluttershy gently with her horn, and Fluttershy's body began to light up as well.

During this Applejack, and Cadence had awoken Rarity, and Pinkie Pie. They were all confused as to what had happened to them. Cadence had to fill them in on what Rainbow Dash had said happened. They were all shocked at this. Twilight had completely made them mad, and they didn't even realize it. She obviously had a lot of power, and they knew it was going to be awfully difficult to stop her.

Fluttershy was now awake, and was nuzzling Rainbow Dash.

"We must get to Twilight at once! She is at the Canterlot Castle, and she has control over all the ponies here. They attacked me when I was escaping the evil alicorn, but I was afraid to fight back. I'm sure you know that they don't know what they are doing. They have no control. Please be careful if one is to attack you as well."

And with that, the six alicorns set off.

"Stop moving around!!" Twilight's voice boomed throughout the entire castle. The thrown wobbled with the echo.

Shining Armor was standing next to Twilight. His neck was secured tight with an iron collar, and a heavy chain was connecting him to the ground. He had been trying for hours to loosen it, but it just wouldn't budge. Twilight had also made sure that he couldn't use his magic. She had already cast a spell upon him that had taken away his horn.

Shining Armor sighed as Twilight commanded him to sit still. It was hopeless to try, and move anyways, so he sat down.

'What has happened to my Twilie?' Shining Armor let his eyes linger over to those of Princess Celestia. She had been laying around in that cage ever since he got there.

Shining Armor, and Cadence had came to the castle earlier on Princess Celestia's request. They had been at the Crystal Empire when they received the letter. Princess Celestia had made it sound very urgent so they left as soon as they could. But what do they find on arrival? Princess Celestia caged up, no sight of Princess Luna, and Shining Armor's little sister all grown up. Cadence had escaped, but Shining Armor was left behind. He thought maybe he could talk some good sense into Twilight, but as he looked down at the chain that was restraining him, he had clearly been wrong.

Shining Armor could see Twilight through the corner of his blue eyes. She seemed more intimidating now than she seemed to be at first. She was sitting in the thrown that belonged to Princess Celestia, and she was watching in amusement at three fillies dancing in front of her. A black magical midst was surrounding them as they unwillingly moved about in a ludicrous manor.

Shining Armor couldn't help but feel sorry for them. It looked unbearable, and down right mortifying. The thing that was in Twilight's body disgusted him. She was smiling in a wicked way as she continued to force the pitiful unicorns to dance. Her eyebrows scrunched down, and her teeth were glowing. She was purely evil, and Shining Armor still didn't know why, or what had happened. Is this what Princess Celestia wanted them for? Could he have stopped this if he had came sooner? He didn't know.

"STOP! You bore me. Leave at once!!" Twilight struck the unicorns with her magic, and it sent them soaring through the air out the door, and dropped them atop each other once they were outside.

"Why don't you entertain me big brother? You know how much I like it when you do!" Twilight was now looking down at Shining Armor. Her eyes pierced through him, and her evil smile blinded his eyes. She slightly giggled as she saw his terrified face.

Shining Armor gulped loudly. He wasn't going to sit here, and do nothing. He had to do something!

"I'm not your big brother."

Twilight stood up at this. She towered over the white stallion. She spread her wings in a menacing way, and her eyes glared down into his eyes.

"What did you just say?!" Her voice was louder than ever. There was absolute anger within her words.

Shining Armor felt completely hopeless against her. He wasn't sure if he should just not say anything else, and beg for mercy. But instead he stood up, and repeated himself, much louder this time.

"I'm not your big brother!!" He was practically yelling. Twilight widened her eyes at this, and quickly rage built up within her body.

"Yes you ARE!!!!" Her horn began to glow with black magic. The room was now filling up with the dark mist. She turned down to Shining Armor, and let the blast of magic go in his direction. It hit him with a sudden jolt. He yelped loudly in pain, and fell over. The chain that was attached to him gripped him back, and the metal collar began to choke him.

He quickly crawled forward to where the chain was at the ground so he wouldn't choke, but he was jerked back by a magical force. Twilight was pulling him against the chain. The collar was gripping tightly against his neck, and he was trying to find air. It was too tight, he couldn't breath. He kicked against the magic, but to no avail.

Laughter began to fill the air. Twilight boomed with her sinister laugh. It shook the walls of the castle, and she could hear ponies from outside shrieking with fear, and screaming in pain as her laugh busted their eardrums. It was pure blissfulness to her ears.

As she turned her attention back to her choking brother, the doors of the thrown room slammed open. She stopped her magic, and Shining Armor filled his lungs with air as fast as he could.

"Who dares?!" Twilight flew off of Celestia's throw, and landed in front of Shining Armor who was now panting uncontrollably.

"It's all over for you now!" Princess Cadence stepped forth from the doors. Behind her followed Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash.

Twilight began to giggle.

"Tis only you! What pray tell are you going to do to stop me?!" Twilight's laughter once again boomed. Shining Armor shivered behind her. Applejack's attention went towards him.

"You were right Cadence...she did take him from you.." Applejack softly said. Cadence swiftly turned to Applejack, her eyes were perplexed.

"Huh?" Cadence mostly said this to herself, and she turned back towards Twilight. She had no time to understand what Applejack was talking about.

Twilight began to look irritated. She lifted one hoof, and slammed it against the ground. The sound made the earth shake under their hooves. Everypony tried to keep their balance.

"I asked you a question!!" Twilight roared. She was breaking the sound barrier with her extremely powerful voice.

"I'm sick of this already! It's time for some action!!" Rainbow Dash lifted above the five other alicorns, and zoomed straight for Twilight.

"No Rainbow!!" Fluttershy shouted. She weakly crouched behind Pinkie Pie.

"She's right! We have to do this now!!" Pinkie Pie shot up after Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy squealed as her coverage flew away too.

Twilight seemed half amused, half irritated by this. Nevertheless, she had an evil smile upon her muzzle.

Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash both flew towards Twilight. They crossed her on both sides, and went straight for her. Twilight merely lifted her head, and two black lightening bolts shot at the two air-born alicorns. Rainbow Dash dodged it quickly, and flew lower now. She plunged her head forward, and shot a magical surge towards Twilight. The purple alicorn looked directly at the magic that was coming her way. Her eyes began to glow, and suddenly Rainbow's magic stopped at mid-target. Twilight thrust her horn forward, and Rainbow's magic was sent back to her.

Rainbow Dash widened her eyes as she saw her own magic was being used against her. She tried to dodge it as much as possible. She jolted higher, and swirled around. The magic wouldn't stop following her!

"What is this!!??" She screamed as she flew all around the thrown room. Twilight smiled at this. She sent another magical surge Rainbow's way. Rainbow picked up her pace trying to get away from the now increased power that was chasing her. Her wings were becoming tired, and she knew it was hopeless running from something that wouldn't stop until it hit the target; her. She was just afraid of what would happen when it did.

"There is no use my little pony! It's hopeless!!" Twilight moved forward, and saw Pinkie Pie. What was she doing?

Pinkie Pie was flying straight for the magic that was after Rainbow Dash. The black glow was starting to devour Pinkie. Her body was glowing with the light that was suppose to attack Rainbow.

Rainbow quickly noticed this, and turned around swiftly.

"Pinkie Pie!!!!! What are you doing!!???!?!? Stop!!!" Rainbow was screaming now. She quickly started flying towards Pinkie. She couldn't let her take the fall. She just couldn't live with that.

It was too late. The magic had already made contact with Pinkie Pie's body. Smoke was rising in the air, and it was difficult to see where Pinkie Pie, or Rainbow Dash was. The air was filled with the black mist. Princess Cadence was shocked in horror, and Fluttershy was now cowering behind Rarity, and Applejack. They couldn't see what had happened.

Twilight began to laugh once more. Shining Armor lifted his head to Cadence. He tried to force a smile, but his muzzle was too weak, and his body was too limp. The smoke was now clearing away. Rainbow Dash was flapping her wings, coughing vigorously.

She opened her eyes. The four alicorns below all gasped in terror. Rainbow Dash felt as if her heart were just torn from her very chest. She screamed as loudly as she could.

Pinkie Pie was covered in blood. She had fallen on the ground before Twilight's hooves. Her hair was singed, her skin was ripped, and her body was completely still. She wasn't breathing. Her chest wasn't moving. There were no signs of her nostrils in motion. Pinkie Pie was....

"What did I tell you?! You should have given up long ago! Look what you have done now!!" Upon her purple muzzle sat a smile. A smile that ripped through Rainbow Dash's heart. A smile that made her want to kill. That smile.

"You killed her.....you....YOU KILLED HER!!!" Rainbow Dash wasn't going to stop now. She was already flying straight for Twilight, not that it would do anything, but Rainbow Dash was filled with rage. Pinkie Pie was her closest friend, and Pinkie Pie loved Twilight! Pinkie Pie loved Twilight Sparkle! And this monster that was in her body killed her!

"Stop it now Rainbow!! Y'all can't handle her by yourself!!" Applejack was now ready to attack. She lifted from the ground as her eyes glanced over at Pinkie's body. She then looked over at Shining Armor.

Applejack turned her eyes to Rarity.

"Get her."

Rarity looked appalled, but she didn't ask questions. She knew it had to be done. For Pinkie Pie. She lifted herself immediately, and she jolted for Twilight. At the same time Applejack jolted for Shining Armor. Fluttershy closed her eyes, and cowered behind Cadence now.

As Rarity charged Twilight, she looked over at Applejack who gave her a look of assurance. Rarity smiled as best she could, and turned back to Twilight. Rainbow Dash was blindly blasting magic everywhere. She was caught up in rage, and Rarity understood completely. She wanted to act irrational as well, but she knew that a battle like this could not be handled in that sort of manor. She held in her pain, and sorrow, and charged with a good head on her shoulders.

"Rainbow Dash! You have to get it together!" Rarity tried to calm her friend. At the same time she focused her magic. In all her years she had never actually used her horn for a fight, no less one such as this, but she had to now. She had to find it within herself to help no matter what.

Her horn began to glow. A spark, or two flew off as she continued to focus herself. A strip of light swirled around her in the air. It gracefully moved towards Twilight. The purple alicorn was too busy focusing her attention on Rainbow Dash, and hadn't even noticed Rarity was even there. This came to Rarity's advantage.

Her magic sneaked behind Twilight, and it swiftly wrapped around her. Twilight turned down to see what was happening. She then saw Rarity had performed a binding spell on her. She did not seem to be so impressed, and she insultingly laughed at Rarity's poor attempt.

Rarity simply grinned, as she noticed Rainbow Dash saw an opening. The blue alicorn sent a beam of magic at the bound Twilight. It hit right on target. The purple alicorn shouted. She was enraged now. She overpowered Rarity's binding spell, and sent her across the thrown room. She landed next to Princess Celestia's cage. She seemed to be sleeping.

Rainbow Dash retreated, and flew quickly over to Rarity, and made sure she was alright. She was.

"Y'all are in for it now!" Applejack called out to Twilight. She turned quickly to Applejack's voice. Her purple eyes widened.

"How did you...?" Standing before her was Applejack, and Shining Armor. He now was out of his captivation, and he had his horn back.

"Just a lil' bit ah magic!" Applejack snidely said.

"It's about time for you to stop this!"Shining Armor called out. He stepped in front of Applejack, and glared straight into what used to be his beloved sisters eyes, but now all he saw was hatred, and complete darkness.

"Haven't we been over this already!?" Twilight shouted. Her anger was boiling now. She was tired of all these pestering ponies.

Princess Cadence flew forward now. She stood in front of Twilight, her eyes were angered.

"It has been time!" Cadence glared at the evil alicorn.

Twilight took this to be amusing. She cackled, and a smile once again formed over her face.

"Speaking of time, why don't we speed things up a bit?!" With this Twilight turned her head up. Lights began to flash, and everypony could mentally hear a clock ticking in their heads. What was she doing?

The room seemed to be spinning, and they all began to feel dizzy. Twilight stopped her magic, and the alicorns, and Shining Armor began to feel normal again. Their heads stopped spinning, and they no longer felt dizzy.

"What in tarnation?!" Applejack let out.

"Time sure does fly by, doesn't it?" Twilight giggled. She glared upon the ponies in front of her.

"What have you done?" Rarity yelled out. Her blue eyes were quivering with fear.

"You didn't notice? Sixteen hours have went by just now, and you are too busy wasting time!" The purple alicorn grinned. Her laughing seemed to never cease.

"Sixteen hours!!?!?" Princess Cadence couldn't believe what she was hearing. Twilight had cast a time turning spell. They went forward sixteen hours, and didn't even feel a thing!

"That means we...."

"That is right! One more hour!! Just one!! What can you do in such little time?!" Her voice echoed throughout all of Equestria.

Only one more hour before the real Twilight would be gone forever, and the new Twilight would reign forever...