• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 2,316 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Tale: Journey of the Dark Arts - FlutterDash777



When Twilight discovers a spell that transforms her, what will become of her, and Equestria?

  • ...
9
 64
 2,316

A Matter of Time

-A Matter of Time

The three remaining conscience mares watched in terror as their friend towered over them. Twilight's dark eyes pierced through their souls.

"I am your new queen! I am the new ruler over all of Equestria!"

An evil fit of laughter began to come from Twilight. She arched her head upwards as she let out her evil cachinnation. Rarity looked over to Applejack. She was standing tall, and firmly as if she were protecting Pinkie, and herself. She hid her fearfulness with her deep green eyes. She lowered her brow angrily as she looked over to Dash, and Fluttershy.

Rarity was frightful that Applejack would charge Twilight like Rainbow Dash did. Attacking her would only make matters worse, and Rarity did not want to risk losing the last powerful mare standing here between the three.

Rarity always had the ability to notice petty things, and even in a situation like this, Rarity was still able to look around at what was surrounding her.

She noticed that Rainbow Dash was passed out, and Fluttershy was resting atop of her. She also noticed that Princess Celestia had slightly awoken, and Princess Luna was quietly waking up as well. Rarity then saw that Pinkie's mane was straightened, and her eyes were clenched shut; tears running down her pink cheeks. In all of these small things, Rarity noticed the two princesses the most. They had risen! Rarity was certain that they would overtake Twilight, and return her to her normal self. It was only a matter of time.

It seemed that Rarity was not the only one to notice Luna, and Celestia.

"Well, well, well. Look who finally decided to awaken!" Evil eyes glared upon the white, and purple alicorn. Twilight turned her notches, and her black plated hooves worked their way over to the princesses heap.

Luna was the first to arise. Her eyes were somewhat stricken with fear, but she stood her ground, and waited for her sister to stand. With every aching bone in her great body, Celestia finally found herself to stand up. She tried not to wobble, for her legs were extremely weak at the moment. She arose, and stepped slightly in front of her younger sister.

"Stop this at once! You know not what you do!" Princess Celestia shot a commanding look upon the evil alicorn. Twilight shook the words from her presence. She did not care to hear such unimportant filth.

"Silence! Your words reek through the very essence of my ears. Begone at once!" Twilight threw her hoof in the air directing it to the door. She mockingly rose her head, and gave a quick hmph! Her eyes lowered to Rarity, and smiled an insulting smile.

She wasn't just evil, she was down right mean, and nasty! Rarity could not believe how rude this new alicorn Twilight was. So unbecoming.

"Twilight Sparkle, step down!" Celestia soothingly said. Her words however could not sooth the three mares, frightened to their cores.

"Step down? Who are you to tell me to step down?! I said, BEGONE!" With this, Twilight's magic began to rage. A black lightening bolt shattered every window, along with every prophecy they held. Twilight jerked her head, lowering her horn to face Princess Celestia. A magical bolt circled around Celestia. Black bars began to rise from the ground, and soon they completely sealed the princess.

Her pink eyes widened, but she was yet to loose her calmness. She merely lifted her head, and gazed straight into Twilight's hazed eyes. They were no longer the eyes of her most faithful student.

"If you do not stop this at once, you are sure to regret it. You will not be able to accomplish what you seek." Celestia no longer addressed the alicorn as Twilight Sparkle. This was not Twilight.

"But I already have, Princess." A grin formed on the side of Twilight's muzzle. Celestia's eyes glared back from her sarcasm.

Princess Luna finally stepped forth. Fear entangled her body, but she was no longer going to sit back, and watch this evilness.

"You will not succeed in such a thing!" Luna lifted from the ground. Her giant wings flapped in the air. A wave of magical energy started to form over her horn. A blue midst grew larger, and larger. Soon the air was filled with a blinding blue light. Twilight lifted her hoof to her face to cover her eyes.

With a swift lunge of her head, Luna sent the blinding stream of magic in the evil alicorns direction. During all this, Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie had made their way over to Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy, whom had both awaken. They were all watching the magical duel between Princess Luna, and their once was friend.

Twilight sent a beam of magic out to block Luna's. The two magical surges met with a defying clash. Fire, and sparks flew across the room as the two alicorns were horn to horn.

Exhausted from the great amount of magic she was using, Luna's blast died down. Twilight retreated hers as well.

"I see you are tired. Maybe I should take you somewhere to rest!" Twilight plunged forward, and sent another magical shock to Luna, who was too weak to block it.

"Luna!!!" Princess Celestia called out from her prison. She drew back in shock as her sister had disappeared into thin air.

Twilight began to chuckle at Celestia's reaction. The five fillies in the corner were all terrified at the display set in front of them. How could this be happening??

"What have you done! You monster! What have you done to my sister!? What have you done to Twilight?!" For the first time, Celestia was showing pain, and fear.

"I've simply taken her away. Didn't you see how exhausted she was? Aren't you a good sister?" Twilight smiled derisively. Her laughter pierced through Celestia's royal ears.

"Where....Where is she!?" A tear....yes, a tear ran down Celestia's white cheek. This was something that never happened.

"The moon. Where she belongs! Wouldn't you know?" These words struck through Celestia's heart. How could she say that? It was different then! It wasn't the same! She had to!

Twilight saw that the princess was now completely in pain. Perfect! Now it was time for the rest of those menacing little ponies. Her long dark mane flowed as she turned around to where the ponies had been standing.

Where were they?!

They were gone! Twilight quickly turned in all directions trying to find them. Where had they gone? Did they run away? Twilight saw that they were no where in sight. Fear drove them off when she wasn't looking. This didn't bother her too much though. They were nothing threatening. Even if they had run off, that would not affect Twilight! She was already so powerful! Nopony could stop her! Now that the two princesses were sealed away! Nothing was standing in her path!

The new alicorn made her way to the royal balcony that looked down upon all of Canterlot. It looked too peaceful. Too happy. Twilight looked to the skies, and with hardly any concentration at all, she sent a dark streak of magic above. All of the ponies below were all staring at the sudden darkness that began to surround them. The sky was turning black, and a face appeared in the clouds.

This happened all over Equestria. In every city. Every town. Every country. The sky was darkened by their new ruler, and her face appeared in the clouds. Ponies from all over Equestria stopped their everyday lives to stop, and fear under the face of Twilight. Suddenly her voice boomed all over the world.

"Be still! Listen to your new queen! I, Twilight Sparkle, ruler of all Equestria, command you to listen! Your sun, and your moon have failed you! They have given up on you! The goddess of day and night....have fallen!!! No longer will you see the light of day, or the glare of night! From this day forth will be your everlasting darkness!!"

Everypony from everywhere coward in fear. Screaming, running, confused of what to do, or what was happening. Chaos wreaked havoc over the world of Equestria.

The alicorn was satisfied by their fear. Energy flowed through her body from the fear that everypony had. She was eating up their fear. Feeding off of it.

Twilight flew down from her balcony, and slammed into the roads of Canterlot. Ponies were screeching, and running all around. More fear found its way to Twilight. Laughter filled her lungs, and it boomed all over Equestria. She walked the Canterlot streets, filling everypony with darkness, and changing things to her liking.

"It is better to be feared then loved." Twilight said to herself, as she wickedly smiled at all the terrified ponies cowering below her.

Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy one by one popped their heads out from behind a red silk curtain. They heard Twilight's message, and saw that she was no longer in the throne room. They quickly jolted from hiding, and galloped over to where the princess was imprisoned.

"Princess Celestia! What are we going to do?!" Rainbow Dash took control, and was the first to speak. As she asked her question, she flew around every corner of the blackened cage trying to find a way to open it.

"It is unfortunate to say that I, or Luna cannot help you. This cage is made from black magic. The same magic that has taken over Twilight Sparkle. That is why I requested for you all to come see me as soon as possible. I knew, as soon as Twilight told me she had transformed herself into an alicorn that it was a dark, and evil magic that she unknowingly used. If a unicorn uses any magic of the dark arts, she will be corrupted, and evil will begin to take over her body. It is too late for me to save her, so it will have to be up to you five to save Twilight Sparkle!"

All five of the mares stared at the princess in shock. They had to save her? Was Princess Celestia crazy?! If Twilight was able to contain both princesses, how did she expect them to defeat her?!

"How will the elements work without Twilight?" Pinkie Pie spoke for the first time. Her mane was still straightened, and her cheeks were stained with tears from earlier. She had finally regained herself.

"That is the thing my little ponies. It won't work. That is why you will have to use another way to stop her."

"What other way is there?" Rarity spoke up. Her voice was shaky, and she was worried to her wits. Her blue eyes slightly twitched.

Princess Celestia looked up to the mares with reassurance. She could tell that they were all completely terrified, and confused. They had a reason to be.

"Equal magic." The ponies were all confused by what the princess meant. Equal magic? What was she talking about?

"What er ya' tryin' to get at, Princess?" Applejack's green eyes were full of questions. All of their eyes were. What did the princess want them to do?

"You all will have to have an equal amount of magic to be able to save Twilight Sparkle." Celestia grimaced as she spoke those words. Pain still inflicted her body.

"How? How? How?!" Rainbow Dash was starting to get frustrated. She wanted to know how to save her friend, and she didn't have much time to lose, she knew that.

Celestia's eyes traveled over to Rainbow. This made her uncomfortable, and Rainbow felt guilty for speaking to the princess that way. She gave her apologetic eyes, and they were accepted by Celestia.

"Alicorns." Celestia let out one word. She winced in pain, and clenched her eyes shut for a slight second, then released them, and looked upon the fearful ponies.

"You must become alicorns."

Alicorns? What?!

"But won't we become evil too....." Fluttershy meekly let out. She looked down at the ground, and closed her eyes with sadness.

"Not if it is done right. Twilight Sparkle used dark arts to preform the transformation spell, but there is another way to do it. It is a secret spell that only gods and goddesses know. I can cast it upon you. I must. But I will only have one shot, that is all my body can take. It must work the first time, or there will be no stopping the darkness!"

This made all the mares nervous. If the spell failed, then the princess wouldn't be able to cast it again! Then everything would be all over, and Twilight would stay evil forever!

The princess looked upon the five mares. Her eye lids lowered.

"Also I must tell you this one last thing before I begin the transformation spell. If you do not stop Twilight within twenty-four hours, the darkness that covers the real Twilight inside will completely suffocate her, and she will die, leaving the evil alicorn Twilight to reign forever."

Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy all gasped. Almost three hours had already passed since Twilight first transformed herself! They only had twenty-one hours before Twilight would die! Time was running out with every second.

"Hurry then! Please hurry!!" Pinkie Pie screamed out, begging to the princess.

Celestia began. She concentrated all her strength into her magic. She knew she couldn't fail. For if she did, her kingdom, her subjects, her sister, and Twilight Sparkle would all be failed. A rainbow of colors surrounded the peak of her horn. Sparkles danced around in the air as the princess focused harder. She was using all of her strength, she could feel it leaving her body, and going up towards her horn.

The five mares began to levitate before the princess. Fluttershy fearfully glanced to Rainbow Dash, who smiled at her reassuring her that everything would be alright. Though in her mind, Rainbow was quite fearful herself.

Princess Celestia's magic began to circle around the ponies. They all closed their eyes tightly as they felt the magic hit their bodies. Was it working? Was it not?

Celestia used up the last of her strength. She sent out the last spark of magic, and once it had left her body completely, she fell over, and weakly watched as the ponies before her were starting to transform. Her magic had worked! Celestia tried to attempt a smile in triumph, but she was too weak to even do that. Therefore, she laid down, and tried to keep her eyes open.

Rarity was let down first. Then Applejack. Then Rainbow Dash. Then Fluttershy. Then Pinkie Pie. All five mares stood side by side. They examined themselves, and then examined each other.

Rainbow looked up at her friends with confidence, and pride. Everypony else exchanged looks, and began to feel the same confidence that Rainbow gave them.

Rarity turned to the door, which was wide open. She could see the darkness in the sky. She could hear the frantic screams of the Canterlot ponies. She lowered her eyes, and looked back over to her friends.

"Lets do this!"