• Published 7th Dec 2012
  • 2,316 Views, 64 Comments

Pony Tale: Journey of the Dark Arts - FlutterDash777



When Twilight discovers a spell that transforms her, what will become of her, and Equestria?

  • ...
9
 64
 2,316

A Dark Evil Rises

-A Dark Evil Rises

A magical spark lit up on Twilight's horn. At first it was a mear flick of sparkles, but it ultimately exploded into a fit of sparks, and smoke. Twilight squinted her eyes trying to avoid any harmful magic to get into them. The spell wasn't over yet though. She had to force more than just a simple cloud of smoke; the spell called for a magical fire to burn within her. This she had never experienced before, but from her studies she had heard of such a magic. It was quite dangerous, but if preformed correctly it couldn't harm her, or anything around her.

She cleared her way anyways as the magic started to surge through her limbs. Twilight pushed the magic harder. Every bone in her little body started to burn painlessly. It was a sensational feeling rather than a hurtful one. Twilight began to smile as she saw that her magic was working. The spell was starting to cause a painless infliction upon her like no other. Her fur started to raise on end, and it felt as if every vain in her body was twitching.

The last phase of magic was almost over. Twilight could feel the surges working. She could see her legs lengthening, and her body became stronger, and leaner. It was as if she was aging rapidly. Was she preforming not only a transformation spell, but an aging spell as well?!

Twilight's eyes grew larger as she felt her magical horn growing in size. She felt herself become ever so powerful. Her muscles were tightening, and her mane was flowing out.

Finally the final part of the spell was activating. The purple, and now older filly felt her back begin to tingle. A ripping sensation began to fill her body. Pain was now being felt, but Twilight indured it as much as she possibly could. Two gaping holes in her back started to form. Twilight cryed out in pain as her purple skin began to rip apart. It was unbearable but Twilight knew that she couldn't stop now. She was already so close!

Blood began to gush down her sides as the two holes grew wider. As soon as Twilight sent out her last spark of magic, the wings started to form.

Twilight watched in agony as her skin started to become elastic. Wing shaped bones suddenly appeared inside the holes that was torn into Twilight's body. Twilight's skin started to stretch over the newly formed bones. The bleeding stopped as soon as they were completely covered with a layer of purple skin.

All of the magic left in Twilight's feeble body left her. The pain started to fade away quickly, and Twilight regained her strength to stand on her own.

She was twice the size she normally was. Her mane had trippled in length, and was now flowing magestically. Two large, amazing wings flapped behind her. They were feathered perfectly, and almost resembled Princess Celestia's. Actually Twilight felt as if she were a princess. She looked so regal, and she felt so powerful.

Twilight felt happiness flow throughout her body. She childishly jumped up and down with joy.

Twilight turned to her podium. An apple was sitting there where she was trying to preform her changing spell on it. She focused on it, and let the magic do the rest. The apple had indeed turned into an orange. Twilight smiled triumphatly.

"Finally!!!"

Spike had arrived home later that evening, and to his surprise saw the alicorn Twilight. She had explained everything to him, and even though she was quite content in her story, Spike was still unsure of what had actually happened to his friend. Despite his confusion, he had written a letter requested by Twilight to the princess.

"Dear Princess Celestia,
I am very happy to announce that I have achieved a very high level of magic. I had come across a spell, rather difficult if I must say, though I tried it, and succeeded in my first attempt. My excitement is overwhelming from my increase in magical abilities. I must say I do rather like this state I am currently in, but I do know that it can not last, and I will somehow have to reverse it soon. Yet, I wanted to inform you that I have very well succeeded in transforming myself into a much more powerful body. More easier to say, I have transformed myself temporarily into an alicorn! It does sound rather odd, but I have indeed achieved a very high magical skill. I will soon turn myself back once I have figured exactly how.

Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle"

Spike scribbled down the words that Twilight spoke aloud to him. Once he was done writing, he rolled up the scroll, and a blast of fire sent it off to the princess. Peculiarly, Spike's eyes searched the new Twilight up and down. It was as if he couldn't believe what he was seeing. As if it were all a dream that had seemed all too real. But of course it wasn't, and Spike didn't ask anymore questions.

His little dragon feet carried him up the staircase, and into his bed. It was still daylight, but Twilight knew that the baby dragon was probably tired from all the unspeakable errands Rarity had most likely given him to do. She also knew that Spike would do anything for Rarity. So there was no telling how tired he really was, however Twilight let him sleep, and she headed out the door.

She wasn't quite ready to say "goodbye" to this new form just yet.

Overhead a cyan pegasus was cleaning up clouds. She was also preforming pretty impressive tricks, obviously because another pegasus below was watching.

Rainbow Dash had weather duties to catch up on, and she had let Fluttershy come along. The two seemed to get along particularly well lately, and they were both always together. Everypony else didn't seem to be bothered much by this, most likely because they were all too busy to question their new behavior, but it was all the better.

Rainbow Dash kicked the clouds away, spinning, and looping around in the process. Her multicolored mane flowed amazingly in the wind that she was causing. The daredevil grinned, and lowered her brow. Her eyes traveled downwards towards the creamy yellow, earthbound Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash saw with anticipation that the little pegasus was watching her intently, and Rainbow took this advantage.

There was one last cloud in the sky. Rainbow sped over to it at full speed. Her heart rate increased rapidly with her speed as she approached the lone cloud, but instead of annihilating it completely with one blow, the cyan pegasus slightly moved upward. She missed the cloud by about an inch, and began to circle it. The cloud began to spin quickly as the pegasus played around with it.

Rainbow dashed passed the spinning cloud, and circle back to it facing Fluttershy. Without stopping, Rainbow flew straight for it. She ran straight into it, and it dissolved into the air, and trickles of water washed over Rainbow's body. The pegasus dove straight for the ground right in front of the timid pegasus below. Rainbow Dash erected herself with the ground, and slid to a stop before Fluttershy. The trickles of water splashed out behind the cyan pegasus, and created a slight rainbow.

Fluttershy stared in amazement. Her large turquoise eyes shimmered as the looked into Rainbow's. The shy little filly began to smile.

"Woohoo....you rock." She attempted to cheer for Rainbow.

Rainbow was pleased with Fluttershy's feeble cheering. If it was from her, anything made Rainbow happy.

The multicolored pegasus lifted her hoof on Fluttershy's shoulder. She gave a cheesy grin, and winked at the cute yellow mare.

"Thanks!" Rainbow said with gratitude. The pegasus was done with her "job", and was now ready to do something more fun, and exciting with Fluttershy. She led the yellow pony back in the direction of Ponyville. Maybe something promising was awaiting them there.

Rainbow had a content feeling, that something would indeed happen. Fluttershy smiled as she walked next to the filly of her dreams. The secret couple walked side by side back to town.

Spike had awaken from his brief rest. Indigestion filled his stomach, as he hopped out of his bed. It felt has if something were stuck in his throat. He gagged substantially. The little purple dragon choked on a letter. After a short while of coughs, and gags he finally spit up a return letter from Princess Celestia to Twilight.

Spike opened up the letter, knowing Twilight would be mad if he had seen it before her, but did it anyways. He was curious to see what the princess had to say about Twilight's powerful magic.

Green eyes widened more than ever as they skimmed across each word. Spike looked up form the letter, and quickly rolled it back up. He scurried down the stairwell as fast as his little feet could take him. He was out the door quicker than lightning.

Pinkie Pie had gathered Rarity, and Applejack for some cake down at Sugar Cube Corner since Twilight couldn't make it. The three filly friends conversed as they all enjoyed a delicious cake that Pinkie herself had prepared for them before their arrival. Rarity had earlier finished up the last of her dress orders for the week, and she was glad to relax with two of her greatest friends, and Applejack was just as happy. They never really got the chance to have a peaceful get together like this very often, so it was a very pleasing one particularly this evening.

"Have you ever eaten a cake so delicious in your lifetime, Applejack? This was quite a delicacy Pinkie! Great job, if I do say so myself." Rarity dabbed her muzzle with a small white handkerchief lined with a pink lace that spelled out Rarity.

She smiled graciously at Pinkie for the cake. Two blue eyes glared at Applejack, forcing her to be grateful as well to their great host.

"Uh...yeah...that there's some good eatin'! Thank ya kindly, Pinkie." Applejack returned the favor with a smile, and she glanced over at Rarity who seemed quite pleased for the moment.

Applejack rolled her eyes at the prim pony. Rarity ignored this, though she did see it, and continued to talk with Pinkie.

"So where is Twilight Sparkle this evening? I myself have not heard a peep out of her since yesterday. Have you seen her, maybe?" Rarity turned to Pinkie with concern. Applejack forced her way into the conversation.

"I haven't seen, er heard from her since yesterd'y either. Strange of her don't y'all think?"

Pinkie's expression changed when she heard the concerning thoughts from her friends. She turned her head glancing at both ponies, and her mane softly moved to the side.

"I went to go see her earlier actually! She was really busy with her studies, so I didn't bother her long, though I did want her to come join us..." Pinkie looked down. Her usual cheerful self began to look more depressed than ever before. The two fillies noticed this.

"Eh....well I'm sure she is very busy, but just you wait! I'm positive she will turn up." Rarity tried to lift Pinkie's spirits. She smiled with confidence that Twilight would eventually turn up. Her perfectly curled mane bounced as she moved her head. Applejack watched as Rarity continued to fill Pinkie with happy thoughts, but she didn't hear not one word. She tuned them both out for two reasons. One, she didn't really care. Two, she was too busy looking at Rarity.

Twilight pranced in the direction of Sugar Cube Corner. She was eager to show Pinkie what she had accomplished, and wanted to thank her for pointing out the book for her.

Everypony stopped and stared as Twilight trotted passed them. They didn't know what to think. Who is that mare? Is she a princess? Why does she look a lot like Twilight Sparkle?

Question after question racked the minds of everypony that Twilight passed by. She didn't even begin to notice all the attention she was drawing. She was only focused on getting to Sugar Cube Corner, and seeing Pinkie Pie.

As she arrived in front of the sweet shop, she heard Spike calling out to her from behind.

"Twilight! Letter! Princess! Now!" Spike caught up with the alicorn, and was panting uncontrollably. He dropped to his knees, and weakly lifted his arm to Twilight. A letter from the princess! Twilight took it in her large hoof, and unraveled it to spill it's contents upon her eyes. She read the letter aloud, as Pinkie, Applejack, and Rarity walked outside to see what all the commotion was.

"My most faithful student, Twilight,
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but I need you to come see me at once! It is a dire emergency. If it is not too much to ask I would like to request that your friends come along as well. It is very urgent that you get here as soon as you possibly can. Hesitate not! I'm expecting to see you no later than tomorrow. Please hurry, and I will be awaiting your arrival.

Princess Celestia"

Twilight's eyes dropped. She needed to leave now! The princess was waiting for her! It must be something important! What if Discord had come back? Or Chrysalis?! Twilight looked up from the letter frantically. Three of her friends were standing in front of her. All three of their eyes glanced at her in complete shock. They had no words. They knew not what to say. They knew not how to react. They didn't know what had happened to Twilight, and they didn't know why the princess needed them so badly. All they could do was stare, and say nothing.

"Spike where is Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy!!??" Twilight turned to the purple dragon who was still bowing on his knees. He was still short of breath.

"I...I don't....know..." He lifted his head in the direction of Twilight. Her eyes were bulging, and her ears were twitching. She turned to her three friends for answers. They all looked at her with confusion, and none of them spoke a word.

"Did someone ask for me?" Rainbow Dash was flying towards them, and Fluttershy was slowly following her. Rainbow landed next to Rarity. Fluttershy however glanced upon the alicorn, Twilight. She quickly crashed into Rainbow.

"I....I'm so sorry!" She was muzzle to muzzle with her fillyfriend. Rainbow got up, trying to act as if nothing were going on between them, and helped Fluttershy up. She smiled at her, and then turned around to where all the attention was being directed.

For the first time Rainbow had now noticed what was so breathtaking. Twilight was twice their size. Her mane was flowing just like the princess' did, and she had wings just like her!

"Whoooaaa! Wicked!" Rainbow snarled playfully at Twilight unaware of the conflict she was having.

"We have to leave now! The princess wants to see us immediately!"

Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy were both taken aback by this. What was going on? However the five confused mares followed Twilight to the train station, leaving Spike half awake on the ground.

The train ride seemed as if it were taking forever. Everypony was getting antsy, and as awkward enough as it already was, nopony said a word the whole ride to Canterlot. Nopony knew exactly what to say. They were all confused, and dumbfounded by the new Twilight.

Pinkie Pie kept catching herself staring at Twilight. She would stop herself, but it only took a little amount of time before her eyes would travel over the the beautiful alicorn once again.

What was going on?

That was the golden question that was going through everyponies mind all at once. Nopony had any answers as to what they were doing exactly, and why the princess called for them. All they could do was endure the silent ride to Canterlot.

For what seemed like an eternity, the train finally came upon arrival. Everypony stretched their sleeping legs, and trotted out of the train, glad to be able to move around once again. Twilight did not stop to stretch like the rest of her friends. She had already ran passed them. The rest of the ponies stood around, and eyeballed each other. Silently sending each other questions with their facial expressions.

They all exchanged looks before they followed behind Twilight.

She was already far ahead of them all. She stopped quickly to let them catch up.

"Hurry! The princess needs us now!" Everypony began to pick up there speed once they finally saw the importance of their travel.

The six fillies finally made it to the castle. As they entered Celestia's chambers, they were greeted by Princess Luna.

"Oh my. My dear....We have summoned you all for a meeting of great importance! Hence shall we begin momentarily!" Luna opened the doors wider, letting each pony enter in. All of their expressions were thrown upon Twilight. What had she done?

They followed Luna, until she turned around, and stood by her sisters side.

"Greetings my little ponies! Thank you for being able to come on such short notice." Celestia's gaze was ultimately upon Twilight now. She studied her completely before continuing.

"I'm sure you're all wondering what has brought you all here today. I'm intending to tell you now...."

Twilight winced. A painful banging was making her head throb. Her heart felt as if it were slowing down rapidly. She began to feel dizzy, and she stumbled over Applejack, who helped her back to her hooves.

"Are you all right sugar cube?" Applejack looked up into the familiar eyes of her once smaller friend. She was concerned.

"Yes...." Her head began to throb harder. Twilight cried out in pain this time. Everypony stepped back slightly at the sudden outburst of cries. What was happening?

"Oh no...." Princess Luna looked in horror. Celestia seemed as if she was keeping calm though.

Twilight's heartbeat was now very subtle. She could hardly feel it anymore. She couldn't breath! She gasped for air, but she couldn't gain any. She desperately looked around at all her friends. They were all surrounding Celestia. They looked as if they were begging to her. Twilight couldn't hear them though. Her eye sight was blurring intensely. She could barely see now, and she couldn't hear. The outlines of her friends, and her beloved princess' were fading. Her breaths were now very short, and limited.

Celestia arose in front of her. Twilight was unresponsive.

"Don't you dare give up just yet Twilight Sparkle! Fight it! Fight it now!"

Pinkie Pie's eyes began to blur with tears. It wasn't long before they were flowing down her face. She wasn't the only one though. Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, even Rainbow Dash was crying. They didn't know what was happening to their beloved friend. They were all terrified by what they were witnessing. Fluttershy buried her face into Rainbow's mane.

Princess Luna stood by Princess Celestia. They were both now shouting words at Twilight.

"Don't you give up! Fight it Twilight Sparkle! Fight the darkness!"

Twilight's eyes began to open. Everypony started to feel relief, but suddenly she jolted up, and a surge of magic sent the two princess' flying through the air. They both hit the stain glass windows, and toppled each other.

The five shocked fillies turned to the princess', then they turned to Twilight who was now on her hooves. A dark aura surrounded her. Black plates began to form around each of her hooves.

"This is my kingdom now! Alas! The new queen has risen!" With a shot of a black magical force, Twilight levitated Princess Celestia's crown from her very head, and settled it down upon her own.

Princess Celestia lifted her head, but with a glare from Twilight's evil, dark eyes, she lost all consciousness.

The evil alicorn stomped her large black hooves in front of the five terrified mares. With a grin of darkness, she saw that she had control.

"Bow down to your new queen!"

Fluttershy was shaking in fear. Her head was still buried within Rainbow Dash's mane, and the alicorn saw this, and was not pleased at all.

With a spark of black magic, the evil alicorn directed it towards the creamy yellow pegasus. Fluttershy screeched in pain, and Rainbow ran straight into the magic. It went right through her. Rainbow felt no pain, but she heard Fluttershy still screaming. The cyan pegasus' magenta eyes widened with fear. She charged Twilight with anger in her heart, not caring who she was aimlessly attacking.

Twilight now took her magic away from Fluttershy, and used it on Rainbow as she was about to attack. She threw Rainbow to the side, and she didn't even move a muscle.

Rarity, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie all stood in fear. They wanted to help their friends so badly, but they feared that Twilight would turn to them. What were they going to do?

"Learn your place!" Twilight boomed. Her voice didn't even sound like her anymore. This wasn't Twilight. This was a monster!

"I am your new queen! I am the new ruler over all of Equestria!"

Pinkie looked up in complete desperation. Her once puffy mane suddenly straightened out completely. Her eyes were full of tears, and her mind was full with sorrows. What had become of her beloved Twilight? Could she ever save her?

Pinkie Pie had no idea how they could save Twilight from this evilness that had controlled her. How could the Elements of Harmony work if they were fighting against their sixth, and most powerful element?!