• Published 6th Dec 2012
  • 5,176 Views, 80 Comments

A Sparkle of love - Silentpegasus

  • ...
16
 80
 5,176

Chapter 13: The Final Conflict

Chapter 13

The Final Conflict

Echo made his way to the office, the smell of burnt wood and brick filled the air, he sat across from the griffin and eyed the feathered beast. “Hello Ace.”

“Hello Echo, you don’t look so good.” the griffin said as he eyed the black stallion.

“Neither do you.” he said as he looked at the large griffin. “This is where it all started isn’t it?” Echo said as he looked around the burnt building.

“Yeah, it is.” he took a drink from the bottle. Ace then gave it to the dark stallion, Echo took it in his hooves and took a satisfying drink. He could feel the liquid moving down his throat. He looked back at the griffin with a scowl. “So what happens now?” Ace asked as he laid back in his chair.

“Now, let’s end this game.” Echo said as he got to his hooves.

“Agreed.” the griffin rose to his feet and began his attack. Echo countered with his hooves and fired a magical blast from his horn sending the griffin back against the wall. Ace then launched himself off the wall and grabbed the stallion by the throat and flew through the the ceiling and outside. Echo started to beat the griffin with his hoof as they crashed through the roof. Ace dropped the stallion, he hit the roof with hard crash, as he got to his hooves Ace was making another charge. Echo blasted a magical aura at the roof launching him into the air, he landed on the griffins back, pulled on his wings and slammed the griffin down on the roof with a satisfying crack.

“AGH! You mother bucker!”

“What’s the matter Ace? Getting tired?” Echo said with a smirk.

“Shut up!” The griffin swung his back leg out and tripped the stallion. Echo lost his balance and began to fall off of the roof, his horn started to glow, a small whip like beam materialized out of it’s end. Echo swung with what strength he had left onto the adjacent building. The beam caught hold and began to swing the stallion upwards behind the griffin. The stallion slammed Ace in the back causing him to fall on his stomach. Echo landed on his back and started to pull on the damaged wings until he heard a satisfying snap. Ace let out a cry of agony as he felt his tendons tear. He got to his talons and threw the stallion onto the roof and began to beat him to a pulp. Echo could feel his ribs begin to crack. He felt darkness starting to creep over him.

No....not yet........I promised.....Twilight....I’d.....come back to her. he saw a bright, warm welcoming light calling to him. Star...Is that you? the light began to take the form of a familiar pegasus mare with an eye patch.

Yeah...It’s good to see you again Echo. You’ve really come a long way.

Star, I’m sorry I couldn’t..

Forget about that it wasn’t your fault. Ace played us all for suckers.

Yeah.

So I hear you’ve found your special some-pony. I’m happy for you.

Twilight, She’s the best thing in my life and now I got her involved in this stupid war.

Echo shut up! If you want to be with Twilight so bad then fight for her! Fight for me! Fight for everyone!

Right! I won’t give up! Not this Time! I can’t change the past but I can save our future.

Echo snapped back to reality and grabbed one of the griffins talons in his hoof, he grabbed the second one and began to get on his back hooves and found balance again. Echo kicked the griffin in the stomach sending him crashing down onto the roof, Echo followed up with a barrage of kicks and punches sending the large beast sliding back against the roof top. The two suddenly realized it had started to rain, lightning struck a nearby building. The fighters locked eyes and charged at one another along the roof top. They exchanged blows, the blood mixed with the rain and had started to funnel down through the old roof shingles and gutters. Echo took a few steps back away from the exhausted griffin, Echo was panting heavily the rain had turned into a full fledged storm, high winds were making the rain feel like shards of cold glass. Echo glanced over at the panting griffin, Echo knew he couldn’t last much longer, he struggled to keep his balance on the slippery surface. Echo looked up towards the sky for a moment, his eyes shrank at a sudden revelation.

The griffin seeing an opening started to charge at the distracted unicorn, his eyes filled with murderous intent. Echo shot a single burst of magic into the air, as the griffin was about to make contact with the stallion’s head a bolt of lightning had struck the unicorn. Echo was in excruciating pain, he could feel the lightning ripping at his muscles and organs, he focused and channeled the energy through his body into his horn and let out a massive shock into the griffin. Echo could smell the beast’s flesh starting to roast and feathers beginning to burn. With one final burst of magic Echo sent the griffin flying off the roof and into the street bellow.

Ace made a crater when he landed, ponies and griffins of both gangs crowded around the lifeless body, they looked up to see Echo looking down from the edge of the roof. Echo could see Twilight and the others looking at him, he smiled and raised his right hoof in the air signifying his victory, then he felt nothing, no pain, no pleasure, he just let go. Echo fell from the roof, he landed on the ground a few feet away from Ace. Twilight and the others quickly rushed to his side, she saw something in his hoof, a silver heart shaped locket, she opened it to find a picture of herself. Echo looked up at the mare, even through the rain he could see her tears flowing. She brought her head close and heard him whispered ‘I love you.’ Echo then laid back and felt a familiar warmth fall upon him. In the distance a church bell could be heard, heralding the day’s end.