• Published 12th Jan 2012
  • 4,244 Views, 57 Comments

My Little Crull - Friendship is Chaos - McNeil



Chaos Lord Crull shows up in Equestria and forms an odd friendship with Pinkie Pie...

  • ...
4
 57
 4,244

Chapter 1: Can I keep him?

"Forces of Chaos, FILL ME WITH POWER!"

Chaos Lord Crull woke up surrounded by darkness. He took a deep breath. The air felt damp and... clean. As he rose to his feet, his eyes adapted to the darkness. He gave his surroundings a glance. The place that has been honoured by his presence happened to be a forest of sorts. It was far from pretty, being rather swampy, having crooked trees and thorny bushes with little to no leaves as most of its flora.

Crull did not mind the eyesore. He was not one for admiring views, he was a fierce warrior meant to spill blood for the glory of Khorne. In fact, the man fit in with the forest's ugliness. The Chaos Lord was bald, his face wrinkled and pale, looking like a demonic skull. The resemblance was intensified by his lipless mouth in which he sported jagged, pointy teeth.

His hideousness was only matched by his impatience and lack of wits. Crull grunted, scratching his head and started to pace back and forth, pondering how he ended up on this world.

Then it hit him. He'd forgotten how dangerous Warp travelling is and apparently this time it did not go smoothly. Probably because of that new Psyker Navigator's inexperience. He couldn't even remember where he was going with his warband and to make matters worse, his bolter and Khornate mace were missing. It filled the warlord with rage, or rather raised his rage to levels higher than usual. He was always pissed off. With his armoured fist, he punched a hole in a nearby tree.

“I'LL HAVE THAT NAVIGATOR TORN TO PIECES!” he screamed at the sky in a sickening, gargling voice. “I SHALL SUCK HIS EYES OUT OF THEIR SOCKETS AND CHEW ON HIS HEART!”

Crull struggled a bit in order to free his fist from the tree's trunk. Only then he got the idea that he could contact his ship. He opened a communication channel, but he received no damned signal, nor could he send one. In yet another fit of fury, the warrior reduced the damaged tree to a pile of splinters with repeated forceful punches, accentuating the pounding with a flurry of obscenities. Now angered by the fact that the tree did not bleed, he stomped its remains into the ground. Only then did the Chaos Lord decide it'd be best to simply march forward in hope of eventually finding a way out of the forest.

***

Crull did not know how much time he spent wandering the forest. The Chaos Lord was a tough man, forged in the fire of battle. It would take more than mere woods to tire or stop him. He fed on the denizens of the forest when he could and drank the foul water from puddles he found on his path. He marched on unhindered, barely getting any sleep, adamant in his resolve to get out.

“I will get out of here, and when I do, I shall find a way back to my warband, even if I have to DROWN this whole world in BLOOD”, he kept saying to himself.

And yet the damned place would not let go of him. It seemed he would be forced to walk this forest for eternity if not for one fateful encounter.

The warrior heard some rustling that did not come from him roaming the forest. Quite some time had passed since his last meal, so he welcomed the potential prey. He moved on in the general direction of the sound, trying to be sneaky despite having no stealth training and being clad in full armour.

Eventually he discovered the source of the noise. It was a strange hoofed creature, its fur shades of grey, its mane a mohawk striped grey and white. To his surprise, it was wearing what looked like golden jewellery. It did not matter though. He hungered and the animal was twice the size of any living thing he encountered here so far. It seemed to be occupied with picking leaves off of some plant with its teeth, so it didn't notice him.

Crull tried to sneak up on the thing, but he froze as he stepped on a twig that snapped under his heel. The animal looked behind it and noticed him. Its eyes widened. It started to run.

“ACCURSED TWIG!” roared the man as he gave chase. “Come back here, you damned animal! I SHALL SUCK THE MARROW FROM YOUR BONES!”

As he chased the creature, he snapped off both of the metal spears attached to his armour's backpack. They were getting tangled in the forest's canopy, making the chase difficult. After he tossed them aside, he realized he could've used them for hunting his prey down. The Chaos Lord let out a roar of rage, but it was too late to retrieve the spears.

Suddenly, a large figure appeared between him and the animal he was chasing. It happened so fast that he didn't have time to stop and crashed into it. It was surprisingly soft and... furry. Crull heard the thing roar. He backed off and gave the beast a look. It appeared to be a lion with bat wings and a scorpion's tail. And it had the height of two men.

“Perfect!” he gave a shout. “Finally a challenge worthy of my prowess! YOUR SKULL SHALL MAKE A FINE ADDITION TO THE SKULL THRONE!”

Crull noticed the hoofed animal watched him with curiosity from a safe distance. Even better. He would chase it down after he'd dealt with the monstrosity in front of him.

The beast let out another roar and gave him a swipe of its clawed paw. He dodged, grabbed the paw with his hands and sunk his teeth in the monster's arm. He heard the creature howl in pain, as it raised the limb he was biting into. He was now dangling above the ground, held in place only by his teeth attached to the beast's arm.

“Ah wohnt leht gho,” the warlord said, trying to sound as clearly as he could without letting go.

He noticed the flaw in his plan when the monster lashed out at him with his tail. He felt a prick on his neck. Everything went dark as the Chaos Lord slipped into unconsciousness.

***

Crull started to regain his senses slowly. He was too weak to even open his eyes, but he could smell the aroma of various herbs filling the air. He could also hear voices.

“He attacked a manticore on his own? Oooh, he must be soo brave!”

“Brave or stupid, I do not know. He did, I must say, put on quite a show.”

So someone rescued him. Good. He would grant them the mercy of swift death, as opposed to a long and gruesome one. He could feel his strength slowly coming back.

“But but but, you said he was aggressive. Is he really, really, REALLY dangerous?”

“The manticore's poison messed with his brain. All his bloodlust will now be in vain.”

That sentence was enough to fill Crull with burning rage that instantly energized him. He opened his eyes, rose to his feet with a jump and subsequently banged his head on the ceiling.

“AGH! WHAT IS THIS PLACE?!” he roared. He had to bow his head a little to fit in. He turned to face the source of the voices. The rage that dwelled inside him has now been replaced by pure shock.

Before him stood the same creature that he chased through the forest and another one, a bit different from it. This one was pink and had a mane and tail of a darker shade of the color. It looked at him with something that appeared to be a mix of shock and curiosity. He could not, however, sense any fear.

“WHAT ARE YOU?!” Crull yelled.

“Oh, he's so silly,” replied the pink one. “Haven't you seen a pony before?”

“Ponies?! I HAVE BEEN RESCUED BY PONIES?” He walked up to the pink creature as the grey one looked at him with anticipation. The warrior raised his fist to deliver a deadly blow to the pony, looking straight into its eyes. But something was wrong.

He was one of the toughest warriors among the World Eaters. He had slain countless Space Marines, Eldar, Tau and members of other sentient races of the universe. He enjoyed slaughter in the name of Khorne, he drank the blood and chewed on the livers of his enemies. And yet he could not land a punch on the creature standing before him.

He fell to his knees, dumbfounded, his clenched fist still in the air.

“Oh, look, Zecora! He wants a high-hoof!” said the pink pony and hit his armoured fist with its hoof.

Crull looked at the one called Zecora.

“WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO ME?!” he screamed.

“To the poison I put a stop,” she said. “And now you're as dangerous as a mop.”

The Chaos Lord could not believe it. Why couldn't he kill them where they were standing?

“You foul creatures! WHAT PURPOSE DO I HAVE IN LIFE NOW?”

The pink pony put on a wide grin, obviously having something in mind.

“You can come with me to Ponyville! I'm sure Gummy will love you becauseyouhavesuchbeautifulteethandI'llintroduceyoutomyfriendsandmakepartiesforyouand-”

“Pinkie Pie, are you sure this idea is sane?” Zecora interrupted. “This creature is dumber than a candy cane.”

“Oh, I'm sure everything will be alright! Just look at this hubbly-wubbly face, do you think he could hurt me?”

As the two were discussing whether or not the pink thing should take him with it, Crull pondered about what he heard. Ponyville was probably some kind of settlement. Maybe he could devise a way of getting off of this world there.

“Very well,” he interrupted the two creatures. “I shall take up your offer, but heed my words! I shall look for a way out of this place and will not stay here a second longer than necessary!”

The one called Pinkie Pie started jumping around in joy, squealing. Zecora sighed, looked at him, then at the pink pony. Finally, she spoke to her friend.

“I see there is no stopping you. I can only hope that his words are true.”

After she bode Zecora farewell, Pinkie led Crull out of the zebra's house.

“Go forth, pink pony! LEAD me to this PONYVILLE of yours!” Crull yelled in his 'casual discussion' voice.

“Oh my, you're so energetic!” Pinkie Pie said happily. “I'm so glad I asked Zecora for those mint leaves, because you see, if I hadn't asked her, she wouldn't find you and if she hadn't found you, I wouldn't take you to Ponyville and thatwouldbesadbecause...”

The pony talked all the way while leading him out of the forest. Almost without catching a breath, as if she did not need air to survive. Normally, Crull would be irritated to the point of ripping her head off, but somehow, he felt different. For the first time in his life, he did not feel rage. Well, he kind of did feel it, to a much lesser degree than usual though. And he also felt warm inside. It was not the blood-boiling heat of fury. It was something different.

“I wonder what that strange feeling is!” he yelled inside his head.