• Published 5th Dec 2012
  • 1,905 Views, 36 Comments

New Home, New Wounds - Pure Note



In the face of death something saves you and drops you in an unknown land

  • ...
4
 36
 1,905

Chapter one: Grand tour

"Windy!" you shout, your eyes snapped open are met not with
the familiar concrete but a lush plain and a midnight sky.

"how in the hell?" you say, but you don't care really because your alive, By some unfathomable way you're alive and that's what counts. you attempt to get up but shoot down the notion,
you still have a bullet in your right leg.

"Now what? sit here and die of blood loss?" you groan, your right if you don't get help soon that's exactly whats going to happen. You lean back and meet a tree, an oak tree as it would seem. You sigh, knowing that in a place like this yelling for help would be fruitless. Several minutes pass and you're still sitting under that tree, but
adding to your concern your vision is starting to blur. Darkness begins to creep from the edges of your vision.

"Damn" you muster, right before losing consciousnesses.
The last thing you remember hearing is a flapping sound.

*****

*Beep Beep Beep*

"Ung"

*Beep Beep Beep*

"Unng five more minutes"

Wait what?

"wahhh!" you scream out coming to your senses. quickly taking in your surroundings you notice hospital equipment, white walls and that unmistakable sterile smell. "so it was just a dream" you sigh putting your hands on your face.

"What was just a dream?" a voice, female as it would sound, Says from another point of the room.

"What? nothing" you say still with your face in your hands"
A few moments pass then you finally remove you hands and are overcome with total shock.

Standing a few feet away from you is a-a Pony? not only is a pony in a hospital but it appears to be wearing a nurse outfit and is reading a medical chart. at this point the heart monitor your attached to is going nuts and the... pony noticed.

"sir are you alright?"

It spoke. It just fucking spoke. a pony dressed as a nurse just spook the English language.
"Uhh" you muster in to much shock to properly speak
"sir?" the pony says again stepping closer to you with a hint of hesitation. well you need answers, get a hold of your self!

"Tell me uhh Nurse Uhh...?"

"Redheart"

"nurse Redheart" nice ring to that "what drugs am i on?"

"lets see" she starts as she grabs the medical chart and flips to a page "just some ibuprofen" (pain killers) "why?"

if your knowledge is still remotely useful in you current condition ibuprofen means painkillers. And as far as you know painkillers don't cause people to see stuff like... well like this.

"oh, well, that's cool, ya, Shi-" those are you last words before you faint on the bed.


*****


"wow he is weird!"

what the hell was that?

"Shh pinkie keep your voice down!"

"Unng"

"oh great you woke it up"

You sit up in the hospital bed you currently reside in and look around
and at the foot of the bed are 4 ponies one cyan, one purple, orange and pink.

"umm hello?" you say, still very much bothered by the whole talking pony thing

"wowie it can talk!" said the pink pony holding back its excitement

"yes, i can talk. And who or what the hell are you?"

"umm where ponies" this time the purple one spoke "as of who we are,
my name is Twilight Sparkle and this is pinkie pie, Applejack and Rainbow Dash" she said gesturing to the three other ponies.

"No, I kinda got the pony part, i was asking how can you talk?"

"we have always been able to talk" she replied

"riiight, alright, you got me! come out with the funny cameras!" you yell out.

"Y'allright there partner?" the orange pony spoke this time

"What do you think" you say face palming. so lets recap on the recent events. 1. you brother is dead. 2. you've been shot. 3. your now talking to ponies, not exactly how you expected your day to work out.

You flop back down on the bed and sigh. what else could go wrong? "well if your feeling any better we can show you around town?" the purple pony started, twilight was her name you think. "then we can organize your temporary residence" she continued "then after that work on send you back to where you came from".

you snap upwards "Back!?" you start "No! i can't go back!"
the ponies look taken back by your sudden outburst. "what why?"
now you've done it now you have to make an excuse.

"I-i- don't want to talk about it" you say as the memories of the past week shoot though your mind. "alright, well your clothing had to be... destroyed, from all the blood on them so rarity made you some cloths their on that table" they don't pry and your thankful for that.

"umm thanks i guess"

with that the ponies left, leaving you to you thought and sorrow.
"well i can stay here all day" you say standing up, to you surprise your leg doesn't hurt and after a close examination your leg is basically healed.

"what the hell?" you can't help but wonder the medical technology the ponies must have. you approach the table and pick up the cloths, gray boxers, jeans, and a light brown short sleeve shirt. Damn, whoever this rarity was they knew how to make cloths, even for the likes of yourself.

you get dressed and head out the door and approach the front desk.
"Umm checking out" the pony at the desk, nurse redheart, looks up and smiles at you "alright" she starts then writes something down on a medical chart and looks back to you "have a good day" she says.

You walk out the door and shield you eyes with your hand from the sun.
after your eyes adjust you see buildings, lots of buildings.
"Huh" you grunt, then you hear someone to your right. Its Twilight.

"There you are" she starts "i came to show you around town and introduce you to everypony"

"so you where waiting here for me?"

"of course!"

at this point you've put on a quizzical expression.

"Uh, cant have someone like you running around here" she says turning away from you. Was that a blush you just saw? No. you probably just lost to much blood and your now seeing things, right? At this point twilight has already started walking while you where in a state of confusion.

"come on!"




*****


After what seemed like forever the tour of Ponyville was over. now you where standing outside of a giant tree house. "And this is my home" she says whilst opening the door with her magic.

Magic, you saw it being used a few times during you tour and you have yet to even begin how to comprehend how it works. And somehow you didn't notice the fact the twilight was a unicorn.

"I live here with my assistant spike"

"Spike? not like the other pony names I have heard"

This made twilight giggle slightly " he's a Dragon not a pony"

This startled you "d-d-dragon?"

"yes you don't have those where you come from?"

"last time i checked... no"

"well. if you want you can stay here with me" her voice sounding very slightly nervous.

"um, i would like that, thank you Twilight"

this made her smile. you... actually quite enjoyed her smile.

"well can you take a seat over there" she said gesturing to a chair.
you did just that. twilight went upstairs and you where left down

stairs. using this time you looked around the room and took in the large amount of books. The sound of someone walking down the stairs snaps you from your thoughts.

"if its alright with you I would like to get some notes about yourself.

you being well..."

"i'm a human"

"alright, shall we get started?"

It seems strange but it cant hurt can it?