• Published 5th Dec 2012
  • 1,905 Views, 36 Comments

New Home, New Wounds - Pure Note



In the face of death something saves you and drops you in an unknown land

  • ...
4
 36
 1,905

Chapter Four: Under the Stars

"Sooo?"

"I don't know Twilight, It's been a while"

"Oh, come on. It'll be fun"

"Eeehhh... Okay fine..."

"Really?"

"Sure... why not"

"Yay" Twilight squeaks before jumping out of her chair with glee and sauntering over to you, a sway in each step.

"wait" Twilight starts "Before we start, Whats it like?" she says looking expectantly into your eyes.

"Well... Its hard to describe... It's... Beautiful" you say looking wistfully in some random direction.

"Wow, so..." She says half heartedly kicking the ground. "Shall we?" She says looking back up to you, some of her hair falling against her face.

"After you" you say gesturing to the door.

"It's been so long since I've gone star gazing" Twilight starts, trotting towards her telescope propped up against the far wall of her tree house.

(A/N: :trollestia:)

"Yeah... same here" you say walking over to her broom cupboard, grabbing the picnic basket inside. You walk over to the kitchen and begin looking for food to bring.

"I wish I could see what your sky looks like" she calls over her shoulder while fiddling with her telescope.

"It truly was beautiful" you call back to her, putting some grapes in the basket and looking back to the pantry for something else.

"Can you grab a blanket too" she says, levitating the telescope above her head and trotting towards the door.

"MmmHmm"

*****

Finally after a hike that lasted ages, you reach the top of the hill in sweet apple acres. A tall apple trees at the top of the hills leaves glinting in the dim moonlight. You fall against the tree, pressing your hand against your chest, trying to catch your breath. You look over your shoulder too see Twilight setting up her telescope with practiced care. Your eyes begin to wander to her features. Her long purple hair, her cutie mark, her---

You quickly look away, hoping that she didn't catch you visually undressing her (A/N: She's not wearing clothes). You place the basket on the grass and begin unfolding the blanket and begin laying it across the ground. After carefully setting the blanket you look back towards Twilight; Shes looking though her telescope, periodicity looking up to gain her bearings.

Casually, you walk towards "So..." you start, letting your gaze wander to where the telescope is pointing. "Anything worth seeing tonight?"

"Not really" she says, falling over onto her haunches with a huff.

"Well" you say walking back towards the blanket, and sitting down. "There's still this" you say gesturing towards the view before you. The night sky with a crescent moon majestically silhouetted against it. Ponyville, its lights still burning brightly despite the hour, thinly veiled in a low mist rolling in from the west.

You pat the spot next to you and you see Twilights face light up, nonchalantly trotting to your side and placing her rump next to you. You sit together in silence, enjoying the peace of the night. You look over to her, her eyes are filled with wonder, gazing at the endless expanse of space. Her expression brings a small smile to your face.

You lean back, letting your back hit the blanket with a thump and bring your arms behind your head. Soon enough with what you think is hesitance Twilight does the same, falling back on the blanket and a small squeak, also you couldn't help but notice that she moved ever so close to you, enough to fell warmth radiating of her. You both sit quietly, enjoying each other company and the stars.

The suddenly a streak of light flies across the the sky.

"Look!" you say pointing to the shooting star "Make a wish and it will come true" you say looking over to her, what you see make your heart skip a beat. Shes staring at you her face tinted a deep crimson.

"It already has" She says with a smile as she snuggles closer to you wrapping her fore hooves around you and closes her eyes. At first you don't know what to do but you simply place your arm around her, a smile comes to her face and she grips you tighter with a small sigh. You sit motionless, listening to her breathing steadily slow as she falls into a blissful sleep. gently without rousing her you lean over and plant a small kiss on her forehead and lean back down. Your heart beating a mile a minute.

And slowly but surely you fall into a deep and peaceful sleep yourself.

********

You awake some several hours later, The air is chilled and the ground coated with morning dew. the sun Is slowly Creeping over the horizon, once again casting a beam directly over your face. "Yeah,Yeah" You mutter to yourself. You look over to your side to see Twilight holding into your body tighter for warmth. You gently place one hand on her cheek,

"Twilight... Twilight wake up..." you whisper, as to not startle her.

"Hmm?" she says sleepily, Moving her hoof lying on your chest to rub her eyes. When she's fully awake you looks up to you and instantly you notice her face turn a deep crimson.

"Good morning" you say, giving her a warm smile.

"G-Good morning" she stammers out in reply.

You both sit up and look around. "What time is it?" You say rubbing the sleep from your eyes.

"I'd say around 7:00am" Says a different voice from behind.

You both turn around to see none other then Applejack Standing there, A knowing smile on her face as she shoots a sly look to Twilight, then to you and back to Twilight.

"What are you two Love birds up to?" she says with a teasing voice.

Twilight looks away from her friend to hide her blush. "We were stargazing and we feel asleep" she said, still not giving her friend eye contact.

"Mmhmm, Well you Should Probably be heading home soon" she says turning back to the apple fields. "See you around Love Birds" she says over her shoulder before breaking into a trot for home.

You and Twilight both watch Applejack until she's no more than a speck in the distance before Getting up packing the food, blanket and telescope and start the trek back to Twilight house.

Author's Note:

Again :trollestia:

Give it to me straight... how was that HNNNGGG?

(Any grammar/spelling/tense error please tell me)