• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 2,740 Views, 26 Comments

MLP: Equestria - Draconis187



While trying to escape a grim death in space, a human with strange capabilities gets flung into Equestria.

  • ...
10
 26
 2,740

Prologue: Project Hellfire

MLP: Equestria (wait, where?) Prologue: Project Hellfire

NOTE: this doesn’t start or end in Equestria it’s mainly a prologue of the protagonist, enjoy.

Ah, to see a supernova is lovely sight, kind of like a sunset on earth but more serene. I stood on the bridge watching as the star of sector 23Z – D2 just go supernova. Wait where are my manners? My name is Infernus to a few friends and “Holy shit run!!” to my many enemies. It is a strange name isn’t it? Not really, I’ve been living this life for a year now: wandering space, taking out pirate ships, their bases and supply lines (yes they have those, they are just undercover masquerading as simple merchant ships), I have carried supplies to war torn planets and fought in number of wars either on a planet’s surface or in space. Just me and the Twilight Fleet which only comprised of six ships.

As I took pictures of the supernova with the onboard cameras I looked back at my time on Deltra IV, the folks I met and the thing that forced me to leave Earth: Bleach Protocol. Before I get to that I guess I should tell you all more about myself, yes? I used to be a 5’5” human, brown short hair, medium build, nothing special. I liked dragons and other reptiles but dragons just piqued my interest more, why? Hell if I know, it’s one of those things that you like but can’t explain why I’m sure you know the feeling. I was of medium build, slightly lazy and loved PCs. As for a social life I kind of lacked one as in if I went to a party, I would be THAT dude in the corner alone. Wondering why these descriptions are more past tense than present? Well, shut up and listen it was quite the adventure.

South Africa, Cape Town, I was at home playing on my PC (as usual), my folks and younger sisters were gone for the next couple of weeks on a little trip to, I forgot where they never bother to properly inform me beforehand. I had the house to myself for that time; most people would throw a huge party, inviting all their friends, but me? ‘Yeah fat chance’, I thought ‘you need to have friends first before you can invite any of them to a party’. I turned on the media player and listened to a playlist of some random singers and bands, I do this because I like to listen to my music when I’m fragging enemies or going round corners at 150kph (I fell the need…THE NEED FOR SPEED!! Had to be said), or whatever else I’m doing in a game. My Argonian character was going through a Dwemer dungeon, two-handed ebony greatsword in his hands, slowly so as to not get any unwanted attention from the local defence grid. Soon a Dwemer Spider appeared, then another until I was facing 5, I laughed and charged. 10 seconds later I was looting their broken bodies in the usual victory. This sort of thing carried on for the majority of the day until about 6 o’clock I decided to switch on the electric stove for some supper, I do this at 6 because I’m very time-centric I like everything to happen at a certain time, punctuality is something I take pride in. After supper I bathed and got ready for bed, but not long after I dozed off I had the weirdest dream possible.

I dreamt I was strapped to a chair, the kind you find at the dentist, but despite the padding it felt cold like touching steel and just as hard on the back. I started to hear voices in a language I knew I was never going to understand in this life or the next (which might happen sooner than I think). As I looked at the restraints I noticed they were made of black leather the same kind of restraints you find in those adult shops or in porn videos with those bondage fetishes. “WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON HERE!!” I yelled. No response should have known. The room looked like a hospital ward but with one chair in the centre – which I was strapped to obviously – grey tiles across the floor, some form of metal for the walls and ceiling and lots of strange lights some white, or blue it was weird and some curtains that probably covered a window and a large double door.

The voices I heard earlier started talking again in that weird unknown language. Then the weirdest thing happened one of the voices said IN PLAIN ENGLISH: “begin”. Before I could raise a question, a hissing noise filled the room as a turquoise mist came in through the ground and ceiling. The gas smelled like raw sewerage, must have been 5 seconds before the weird gas knocked me out cold. As I was slowly regaining consciousness I heard the same voices again, INCLUDING THE ONE WHO SPOKE IN ENGLISH!! “Sir, the subject is waking up”, one of the voices said. The voice that spoke in English responded: “Not yet, increase the dose of the sedative to the subject, it’s too early for him to regain consciousness”. Before I drifted back to sleep I realised: ’Did I just understand one of them?!’

Now this part was weird, before I even opened my eyes I saw… green lines, like you know how you see the world? Well imagine some seeing green lines through that vision like a Heads Up Display. I then saw the words “SYSTEM BOOTING”, I then thought “what in the Hell?” but as I was thinking it the words appeared in front of me! The next thing I saw was “AUDIO SYSTEMS ONLINE”, then I heard those voices again sadly I couldn’t open my eyes and I didn’t understand why ‘At least I can hear and understand them…wait WHY can I understand them?’ “MOTOR FUNCTIONS AND VISUAL SYSTEMS BOOTING … COMPLETE” Yes! I can move again! As I opened my eyes I saw white padding like I was placed in a solitary confinement cell for psychopaths. The next thing this ‘HUD’ showed was “BOOT SEQUENCE COMPLETE, HELLFIRE V3.1 NOW ONLINE”. Before I could raise any more thoughts about this HUD or Hellfire for that matter I felt a slight breeze on my scales as I stood up…wait SCALES?! I looked down at myself and got quite a shock I felt taller than I used to be ‘What did they do to me?!’ I thought, looked at my two claws that used to be my hands but the silver lining was I didn’t lose or gain fingers so there wasn’t anything to get used to, other than the fact that the nails were half an inch long and looked like I could tear through flesh like wet tissue paper. My legs on the other hand (or is it claw now?) were not so lucky: they too were covered in scales as was the rest of my new body but I had two knees for each leg and I seemed to stand on the balls of my feet like some reptiles did (‘like some dinosaur’ I thought). The most noticeable feature though was actually right in front of my face - literally – I had a snout. It jutted out from where my nose used to be and I never used to have a long nose as a human to begin with.

I looked around the psycho room and noticed a full length mirror and naturally I wanted to see all of me. As I got there my heart sank a little, I was no longer human in any way other than my mind. I was white like completely snow white, I made blank paper for copy machines look yellow, but I also noticed some black markings on me ‘now these I like’ I thought. They were thin stripes in a strange tribal pattern they mainly left most of my belly alone which was a pale silver, they all seemed connected, coming from singular location which I identified as a slightly thicker stripe that was between my now elongated neck and base of my three tails, hold on, THREE tails? As I looked in disbelief I rubbed my eyes and all three were still there, the thing was the tips looked like a three-pronged trident with a larger central blade and were completely metallic and had a silver-blue hue to them. The next thing I drew my attention to was the horns on my body, I had six 8 inch horns on my head that seemed to be made from diamond, they were transparent and yet sparkled in the lights of my room. I had more smaller horns that ran from the bridge of my snout to the metallic tips of my tails, and as the single row of these smaller ‘spikes’ reached the base of my body where the tails met the single row split into three, one for each tail. My four eyes were magenta of all colours with a slit like any other reptile, hold on, WHY DO I HAVE FOUR EYES? Yet there they were: two facing forward and the other two on the sides of my head, I seemed to have a near 360° view without needing to turn my head. I noticed that I also had a pair of wings and as I tried to open them I saw their colour scheme was more or less the same as the rest of my body: the membrane for the wings were the same shade of white as my body while the ‘arms’ were black and the tips were the same metallic silver-blue as my tail-tip tridents. I soon felt my wings touch the walls of the room. ‘What? I know this room isn’t that big but it isn’t that small either’ I thought as I looked at these leather blankets, they each looked bigger than me by far! I retracted my wings and continued to inspect my new body.

So I had digitigrade legs, white and black scales with pale silver belly scales, two obscenely large wings, three tails with metallic, trident-like tips, I was completely naked, I was seeing the world through a HUD, claws, six large diamond-like horns and spikes. ‘Hmm’, as I looked at myself I just wondered ‘this, is something I could get used to’, but as if to break my train of thought a part of the padded wall opened up, and in came two creatures that looked a bit like me except one of them was a light blue and had no markings on its body and the other was a deep red with some thin, curling dark purple markings on its face. Then out of the blue the HUD displayed two green boxes over their heads with their names on top of them: ‘TRENG ALFIRE (MALE)’ was above the blue one while ‘DRENI CRETE (FEMALE)’ was above the red one. What also caught my attention is that they were wearing clothes, white lab coats, black pants and white t-shirts. They were also carrying some form of device with them. “Subject 32 can you understand me?” the one with Treng above his head said. “Yeah” I said, “Good, your linguistic software is operating properly”, then he turned his attention to the red female to his right and said “Doctor you may begin the examination” and left the room, “Come” she said, and I followed.

Let me tell you walking with those legs was weird but I got the hang of it as we were making our way through the hallway outside my room. It was styled the same way as the room with the chair did, steel everywhere, grey tiles on the floor and white-blue lights on the ceiling. ‘In’ this Dreni said, ‘Sheesh, not much for talk is she?’ I thought and again I saw this in front of me on this HUD, as I went into the room I saw something that got me nervous. It was the first room I was in! The chair, the curtains but then I saw the HUD light up and draw small green rings at various locations on the ceiling and near the floor and said ‘SEDATIVE SYSTEM’, so that’s where the gas that knocked me out came from, ‘huh, this HUD is interesting’ I thought. “Come over here”, oh crap I forgot I was I wasn’t alone in that room this time, Dreni was standing by the curtains but didn’t open them, as I was walking towards her and the curtains she spoke “Subject 32, Michael Garner you live on Earth, not very social, play on software entertainment systems and you are generally lazy”, “Ooooh kay I guess you’re right” I said. As I got to her she then said “You are a subject in our genetic manipulation project, it’s called –“, “Project Hellfire correct?” I interrupted remembering what the HUD showed as I woke up. “That is correct, we are trying to combine our technology and organic material together along with our affinity for magic in one being, but the Council does not allow us to use our experiments on our own species so we abduct humans and use them”, I was about to raise a question she cut me off “It has had a 99% fatality rate, you’re one of the very few to have survived the process but the first to not be too concerned about your new form, in fact it seemed like you enjoyed it”, “May ask you something?” I said, “Go ahead” she responded. I blurted: “Who are you, where am I, why take me, will I be able to go home, and what am I?”

“To answer your last question you are one of us: a dragon, you know those creatures that humans thought were a myth? You should see who I am because of your software’s facial recognition software, you should know or rather should see the names of the entire science team because we downloaded the roster into you, why you? We do it quite randomly and at different points in time, you are currently onboard the Atral Space Station in Sector 45D-C3 currently 213 light years from Earth. We may take you home but only if we can get you to change back to your human self and after we’ve done some tests and evaluations. Happy now?” I nodded “Yes thanks, what are these tests and evaluations you want to run?”, Dreni responded: “First we’ll do a medical exam and get your measurements, gender and then we’ll take you to Icarus for a psychiatric evaluation and we’ll test your capabilities on the nearby planet, don’t worry the atmosphere is hospitable for dragons, humans and five other species, let us begin with the medical shall we?” I nodded, unsure how to respond to all this and headed to the chair I was originally strapped to. When I had sat down on the chair it felt more comfortable than the first time, like a large pillow, Denri then stood next to me and did something on that device she had and a smaller chair came out of the floor, on my right, and while that happened my own chair moved to into a sitting position instead of the original laid-back position.

“Now open wide”, she then picked up a small devices from the table, one looked like a scalpel but with a screen which took up 98% of the blade’s handle. I opened my mouth to expose my tongue and teeth. She took a tube and the scalpel-screen device, she then activated them. The tube turned out to be a torch but as she pressed the scalpel on my tongue something felt wrong…I could feel it on my tongue yet I could still move it on either side of the blade, she then took it off the middle of my tongue and switched the torch off. Curious I stuck out my tongue, only to find out I had three forked tongues?! “It’s not unusual to have multiple appendages, dragons tend to have a few of either heads, arms, legs, tails, and in your case tongues and tails, be thankful you don’t have multiple heads I’ve heard the worst arguments come from those with multiple heads. Oh divines, the split personalities they have are confusing” She said, shaking her head.

It was strange to see a more talkative side to her but she carried on with the medical. Turned out my wings were 1.5 times larger than they should be but she said it would be helpful for long flights as I should be able to glide for greater distances. She also noted that the ‘arms’ of my wings should be more than strong enough to provide the sufficient lift required to fly. I must admit I was excited to hear I might be able to fly, hell wouldn’t you? She then started telling me more about my body’s apparent capabilities based on the numerous other tests she ran. With the four eyes I had I could see 300° degrees around me perfectly. She said I was 7’11” tall and my build was average for a dragon. The height she said I was explained the initial feeling I had when I woke up, and “average for a dragon”? Well that’s fine by me I don’t want to be this insanely ripped monster that looks like I had steroids for blood cells.

She then took measurements of my wings; tails; et cetera. Before she left she told me the got me some clothes for me: a plain navy blue t-shirt that tore because of the spikes along my back; the lime green pants I wore were tight around the tail area. I would not be caught dead wearing these colours together but beggars can’t be choosers as they say.

I walked up to the curtain and pulled it to the side…and boy did I get a surprise. I was in space like Denri said, so much for being home in time for dinner, which I would have had to make myself. The view was breathtaking though, I saw two moons near the planet the station was orbiting and there was a nebula well off in the distance but it was close enough to see clearly. I wondered if this was really a dream and decided to pinch myself to find out. Before I could try it, I felt a sharp pain near my leg and swung around to see no one behind me so I looked down and saw the one of my tail’s tip changed. It looked like a large crab pincer but made of the silver-blue metal the tip was made of, I stared at it for about 5 seconds and then the pincer, melted towards my tail and hardened back into a trident. The other two were unchanged during all this so this was very strange.

“Looks like you learned to change one of your tail tips, that’s progress”, it was the voice I recognised from earlier. I didn’t need to turn around to see this dragon as he was outside my 300° radius so I turned my head to see him. The name ‘ICARUS (LAST NAME UNKNOWN)’ came up above his head thanks to the HUD I had. It was strange that my HUD could not identify his last name but it didn’t seem important so I didn’t worry too much. Icarus was taller than me, my HUD seemed to display his height at 8’10” so he was definitely taller than me, he was covered in dark green scales and I could make out yellow on his underside, starting by his chest and continuing underneath his tail. Instead of horns like myself he had a frill with a yellow membrane and dark green ‘fingers’ which the membrane was attached to. He had nothing that ran down his spine like the spikes I had so it was interesting to me to see a very different dragon. “I’m sure your HUD has shown you only my first name, but that is where we will end it for now as it is time to assess your capabilities”. He turned around and started to head towards the door again.

“Wait I thought you were doing a psychiatric assessment on me first before having my capabilities assessed”, I protested. “I have actually been observing you since you got on this station, from before the project’s start to now and I must say you do seem psychologically fine”, he grinned while he said this while we were moving down the hallway again but in a different direction, not back to my room. ‘Denri has already explained the Hellfire Project’s function to you, so I’ll skip as many pleasantries as possible I like everything to go quickly, you will learn to control your body, the nanobots in your bloodstream and any magic that may you may have or else you will most likely die’, I stopped at hearing this, it was a little unnerving ‘What, the fatality rate for the process is only 12% the other 86% is due to my assessment”. Okay now he was scaring me a bit.

We can into a large open room with some vehicle with a flight of stairs leading to what I assumed was an airlock door; we went up the stairs and into the vehicle. I followed him to the cockpit and saw 4 seats all with a hole in the part where one’s tail should be, Icarus pointed to one of the seats and I sat, it was the closest to the right of the cockpit and I could see very clearly though the glass into the hangar. ‘Buckle up and don’t touch or press anything, Atral Station this is the Spearhead I’m taking our new friend to the planet be backing a few hours‘, a voice then came over the communicator he was using: ‘THIS IS ATRAL STATION, SEE YOU SOON ICARUS, TRY NOT TO KILL THIS ONE. THE OTHERS BELIEVE HE SHOWS PROMISE‘. ‘No promises Atral‘, okay NOW he was really scaring me.

The vehicle was a spacecraft (duh) and it only took use like 10 minutes to make it planet side so this thing would make anything made by humans look like a tortoise racing a jet propelled car. During the trip Icarus put the ship on autopilot decided to explain more about my “situation”. “We actually observe possible recruits 3 weeks in advance; I’m in charge of their profiles and selection. I noticed you did have not a very exciting life, did you? Nonetheless I decided to give the go ahead to get you and run the experiment. We were all worried when you woke up ahead of time, we weren’t even halfway finished!”. ‘So they do their research before abducting anyone?’ I responded. “I am also the project’s Director ever since my father died; he named the project after himself, self-righteous bastard. He used to do the experiment on our own kind even though the Council abolished such practice. I’ll never forget his first ‘volunteer’”. I just had to ask who it was, “Me, he used some very cruel methods on me and when I woke up I killed him in a fit of pure, savage rage or at least that’s what the cameras showed, I don’t remember doing it though, I wanted to enjoy it. Well we’ve arrived, time to get to the training, try not to die”.

The planet’s surface was not that different from earth’s, green grass, brown dirt, some trees that bent WAY out of shape and had yellow leaves and blue water. I was interested that this was so similar to earth other than those trees. We went to a large clearing near a large three-storey building, but the grass was black in some areas no doubt the ‘training’ Icarus was talking about. There were a few cabinets, targets, boxes, and rings above the clearing which I believed were for aerial training. “Now we shall start with the training”, and boy did he run me. The assault course was similar to Earth’s but I had some trouble with the tires (still not used to digitigrade legs), flying seemed to be more my style as my large wings helped to propel me faster through the rings and around the rest of the course. We then moved on to water and then my HUD and body gave me another shock, after I dived into the water the HUD lit up again with the words: ’UNDERWATER MODE ONLINE’. Next I developed gills on my neck that went into ‘ACTIVE MODE’ according to the HUD, and webbing membrane appeared between my toes and claws. My wings came in handy again as each flap in a direction gave me some extra thrust. We did this for several days, repeating the routine: land, air and ending the day with water.

Icarus decided to move on to another topic that covered what Hellfire did to me: the capability to transform. Turned out after I turned myself back to my human self I was pathetic at organic transformations but brilliant at mechanical ones. Turned myself into a hulking mech that resembled Metal Gear REX from MGS 1, an aircraft with VTOL capabilities I decided to dub Hades as I had enough armament to nuke 5 cities, after I tried a spacecraft I decided to incorporate it into Hades so I never needed to change if I needed to go to space and it worked quite well. I also learned that I can control various aspects of myself through the HUD by either speaking or thinking what I needed my body to do. After a very long and exhausting day we went over to the main building to hit the hay.

It was deserted if you excluded the maintenance robots, Icarus explained that only he and ‘new meat’ as he put it were ever here as the planet was not designated for anything else. Got like 4 hours of sleep before Icarus abruptly woke me up, I nearly blew his head off with MG REX’s railgun I made from my right arm. He just laughed at it and asked if I was really that paranoid, had to admit I wasn’t used to being on a planet with only one other on it, it’s not something you can easily get used to. I was very paranoid back on Earth, slept with a gun under my pillow.

Today it was magic, the only part I thought was a joke until Icarus made a pillar of earth come out from the ground and made it into a blade of stone, then he made it compact itself into diamond! Amazed and nervous I began to attempt this. According to Icarus, dragons tend to be ‘attuned’ to an element or two and apparently cooking was an element as well. After 8 hours I learnt what mine were: lightning and ice. “Lightning and ice are a nice combination but they contradict each other because lightning is fast, unthinking, pure action and destruction, ice though shows patience, peace but it is also cold, lonely but they suit you well” Icarus said. With his help I made the area snow and managed to blow up one of the wonky trees up with a lightning bolt. Then the next day caused me a lot of stress, we went into the centre of the clearing, he made the stone blade of his again and told me to attack him.

Apparently this part of the assessment is what killed previous subjects, not the actual training. He came at me with surprising speed but I rolled to the left as he brought the sword down. Now I knew he was VERY serious, I created a blade using ice to create the shape and then caused it to turn to metal. The blade was a greatsword in size with a ring between the handle and blade replacing the hilt. The ring also had 4 transparent crystals at 45° angles to the blade, but its most interesting feature was the small star that occupied the space inside the ring. Armed with this weapon I decided to strike back. He lunged at me with his blade so I parried it to the left, he then used the momentum to swing the blade around again but this time I blocked it with the sword and stopped it dead in its tracks. He chuckled at me and broke the stalemate by kicking me in the chest, I stumbled and he brought his blade down at me. I managed to roll out of the way and got up, ready to strike. I sliced with my blade, aiming for his midriff and he blocked it. I decided to take a page out of his book and punched him in the face. He staggered and struck at me again, we kept on crossing blades, mine blocking his and vice versa. He sliced the air upwards and knocked my blade from my claws and it embedded itself in a tree. I was too far away to be able to retrieve it without being injured so I tried to make another weapon: a halberd (halberds are spears with either one or two axes on either side of the pole, situated slightly under the spearhead’s base).

The spearhead had two points like a fork; one curved axe blade under it. Holding this new weapon I resumed my defence of Icarus’ constant attacks. With the halberd giving me more range I was able to more easily deflect the attacks and I managed to land a few myself. He tried an upward slice again but this time I impaled his blade in the dirt, thanks to the pronged spearhead, I had used so much force that the blade was impossible to remove from the ground but so was my halberd. He looked at it and then at me and he started to laugh.

“Well part one is done, now for ranged attacks” and pulled out a gun from his jacket and pulled the trigger. Reacting on instinct I opened my wings and put them in front of me to protect myself. The bullet deflected off, it made sense after I realised the outer side of the wing became metallic as a reflex to the gun. I then decided to go all out and changed into Metal Gear REX, I was at least 11’10” tall, I opened up the two chainguns, the twin tri-rail railguns (i have another railgun where the radome would be, but i have two smaller radomes mounted on top of the rear sections of each railgun, in the same way an AWACS has its sensors on its fuselage), my knee mounted missiles, the AT missiles in my back and my free electron laser. He kept moving and taking potshots at me but they deflected off my metal armour and he landed next to one of the cabinets near the firing range, took out a rocket launcher and fired it at me. Turned out I was just as fast as I used to be when I was a dragon and dodged the rocket easily, I then continued my assault. He soon threw his gun and the rocket launcher away.

“Now for your aerial and magic assessment, let’s fly!” He extended his wings and took off. I turned back into my dragon form, extended my wings and shot off after him. He waited until I was near him and all of a sudden a huge gust of wind hit me with the same amount of force as a truck going at 100mph would and knocked me almost out of the air. I managed to regain my flight and fired off a few bolts of lightning at him, which - frustratingly – he dodged. He flew down near the ground with me in pursuit. This was part of his plan as made some stone pillars shoot out of the ground in front of me, hoping to make me crash so I increased altitude and changed into Hades. The guns on Hades are: 4 .50 cal Vulcan Cannons for normal dogfights; 2 100kw pulse lasers for space or zero gravity planets (bullets are quite slow in zero gravity); 6 Maverick AT (Anti-Tank) missiles which also work in space on each wing; 2 multi-role bomb bays, carrying 120lb; 240lb; cluster bombs; SFFS (Self –Forging Fragment Submunitions) bays; guided bombs along with a variety of space-based versions. I loaded and charged all my weapons and first fired my guns and lasers at Icarus. He increased his own altitude and came close for some close range dogfighting, the manoeuvres he pulled would normally rip off the wings of any plane on Earth. I was not like ANY plane on Earth, because as Hades is also capable of space flight it comes with several small directional thrusters across its entire body which gives it an advantage against most flying enemies. Icarus landed on top of me and held on, he shouted: “You have to use magic, otherwise I will send a killswitch command and it will permanently end you. I'm sure that you don’t want that to happen.”

Hades also comes equipped with 2 turrets on top and underneath the body, mainly used to deal with incoming missiles; targets that are clinging on to my fuselage (like Icarus was doing); and for targets too agile for me to keep up with. Instead of the normal beam laser loadout, I fired off ice shards at him. He leapt off me, leaving a few tears in me thanks to his claws and said that was better and he buffeted me with more wind attacks but this time the directional thrusters compensated as soon as each attack connected, effectively nullifying his attacks. I managed to hit him a few times but he just shook them off as if they were nothing, as we continued to fight I considered adding effects of the two elements together. I fired off another lightning bolt at Icarus, he managed to dodge it but where the bolt struck there was now a small chunk of ice, I managed to create a ‘flash-freeze’ spell. Icarus turned to look at it and he just continued to attack me. We kept going for another ten minutes, I was firing flash-freeze spells, hoping to hit him and he kept trying to get me to get close enough to the ground so I would be in range for his earth based spells to hit me.

Icarus then said it was over and landed on the ground, I changed back into a dragon and landed as well. Turned out most don’t live past the melee as this was the most dangerous of all four aspects of the training. I took my blade out of the tree, got my halberd out of the ground and used my magic to make them vanish until I needed them again. He took out a tablet from another pocket in his jacket and pressed some buttons and my HUD lit up once more with the words: ‘ALL SYSTEMS ARE NOW ONLINE’ flashing in front of me, “I have fully unlocked your system’s full capabilities, sorry can’t be too careful, the only thing to limit you now is you imagination. I suggest you get yourself a ship and use the warpgates to get to Earth, I’ve gathered all the data I need from our training. If you want to build yourself a ship, there are enough raw materials on the nearby moon.” After deciding I would build a ship rather than fly the entire way I was dropped off at the first moon while in my mech form and then turned into a large spacedock and started construction on MY ship.

Six months of non-stop work – I ate and slept a little but I devoted 18 earth hours to this ship, I could not do more since I would revert back to either my dragon or human form and I would subsequently die – later it was finished. 2 kilometres long and 1.3 km at the widest point, my ship D.E.S.S. ‘Infinity’ was ready to launch, (D.E.S.S. stands for ‘Dragon Empire Space Ship’ I was told I had to put that designation on) but before I did, Icarus and some of the science team came to see me off. This ship had the strongest shields I could build, it fielded 2000 interceptors if I ever got outnumbered and enough firepower to destroy a small solar system. The most noticeable feature was the planet destroying cannon I called the ‘Cataclysm Cannon’. As everyone was ready to see me off, Icarus said he gave Earth’s co-ordinates and all current star charts to my ship’s AI and myself, they also gave a new name: Infernus. The last present they gave me was some clothes with some armoured padding on the shoulders, wrists and the top and bottom part of my legs, the colouration was the same as my scales and markings: black, white and some small silver parts while I got nothing for my wings but I wasn’t bothered since I could deflect bullets off them. Thanking them all for the food and materials they supplied me for the trip, I got onboard, got to the bridge which had a 3-D radar system which would show height as well as distance and in space that really helps out a lot. Before I was about to take off, Icarus asked to speak with me.

We went to the captain’s quarters and we sat down by the table I had inside. “Listen, there is something about Project Hellfire you should probably know. It is a genetic program but it was meant to create a perfect soldier, a literal one-man army as the expression goes. The council approached my father with the proposal to create this perfect soldier and he agreed. As I said before, his methods were cruel but when the Council found out they told him to stop. He didn’t listen, he went to a remote location to carry out his experiments. It was a good thing he died before he could do more damage to anyone, but not before it changed me. I was found by a passing merchant ship and brought home. I was put on trail for my father’s murder but before the sentencing the Council had the prosecution drop the case despite the evidence was astronomical, I was unable to plead self-defence or even insanity. The Council soon asked me to continue my father’s work but unofficially, if I was found out they would not help me and may be forced to give the Bleach Protocol. So that is my story thus far, thanks for listening.” Icarus got up and left. So that was the true purpose of Hellfire, it somehow made sense to me. Shaking my head I went back to the bridge and started take off procedures.

6 hours later I made it through the warpgate near Alpha-Centauri and warped to the dark side of the moon. I made sure to log my little adventure of being a genetic experiment, the station, the planet Deltra IV where Icarus trained me and the truth behind Hellfire. What worried me was this ‘Bleach Protocol’. The Bleach Protocol is a systematic ‘clean slate’ operation where the project would be shut down, the scientists and subjects would be terminated as well as those who knew them and any records would be erased.

I went to the hanger and changed into Hades and launched to Earth. I landed on Table Mountain in Cape Town in time to watch the sunrise, boy it was good to be on my home planet again albeit I was ‘slightly’ different. I took a 3 hours to get home without much issue, I did make myself some clothes when I landed (couldn’t walk around naked, could I? Not to mention the clothes I had were for my dragon form). I wore a long coat of white with black trimming and the buttons where the same silver-blue metal like my dragon form was. I had long smart pants of the same colour scheme with a white t-shirt with a black symmetrical tribal dragon design. The city hadn’t changed much since I left. Before I got home I bumped into my old ‘friends’.

Tom Bennet (could never remember his surname thankfully the HUD did), Luke Smith and Robert Meyer. They seemed less than thrilled to see me, let me explain: these bunch were never what you would call friends, they mainly wanted money from me or for me to do some stupid errand for them else they would beat me. My parents wouldn’t believe me when I told them what they did nor did their parents. Tom was an amateur boxer while Robert would sleep with anything as long as it had a pulse and Luke was the little ‘idea man’ and was more of the leader. “Michael! Nice to see you do you have that cash we told you to get us THREE MONTHS AGO?!” Damn, I had hoped Robert forgot about it, so much for that theory. It was interesting to note only three months had passed since Hellfire, maybe during the trip I somehow went a bit back in time or maybe time works differently around the universe.

After I explained I didn’t have it, Tom decided to try punching me to help ‘jog my memory’ as Robert put it. Sadly for them I was not the same old pushover and met Tom’s punch with my own; as our fists collided I could feel and hear the bones shatter in his hands. Now the other two decided to try their luck and attacked me. I pulled my Starblade – the greatsword I made to fight Icarus with – out, as well as my halberd and the blades were directly under their chins, one move and I could cut their heads clean off. I told them to never come near me again. Cutting their losses, scared out of their wits by what I did and taking Tom by his good hand they high-tailed it, leaving me alone to head to the door.

As I got home though it turned out my parents moved a month ago which was just as well since I never saw eye to eye with them so I could care less. Sadly my foster parents never took much interest in my life, only if it meant they got money, as I had to pay rent each week otherwise they threatened to drop me on the street ‘where I belong’ as they said. I managed to get a job which allowed me to control my own hours so if I needed free time all I had to was not put a shift down for the day I didn’t want to work. For accommodations I thought the Infinity would do until I got my documents sorted out, since I was technically missing for apparently three months. I managed to get between Earth and the Infinity by taking a boat in the marina out to sea and then flying up by turning into Hades. As far as housing went, I decided to stay at the same house since I knew the neighbourhood, that and also I tend to hate moving homes. Space on the other hand is a different story.

So I’ve been working until I sadly noted space took notice of Earth due to the Infinity being in the moon’s orbit. So to fix this I quit my job and rigged the lottery so I at least had some cash on the planet for when I went back. I soon decided to send the Infinity to get raw materials from sources in the system, turned myself into a spacedock again and proceeded to build 5 more ships to defend the Earth if the worst came to the worst. I called the fleet: ‘Twilight’ (this was before I became a brony and heard of Twilight Sparkle so I did not know of them of their names), the ships were smaller than Infinity but over 1 km in length and 0.9 km in width, except for one which I was going to have perform a fire support role.

4 years later of me living between the fleet and Earth, stopping slavers and pirates from getting to Earth, responding to distress signals, and generally helping out around space. It was not long before the news came: the Project Hellfire was been issued the Bleach Protocol. My helping out had unintentionally brought attention to the Hellfire Project and the Council decided it was time to pull the plug rather that own up to the fact that it was them that allowed it to continue. In order to avoid Earth being in the crossfire I left it with the fleet, forever to wander space until I die or meet The First Fleet of the Empire. Until then I will make a name for myself, help those who need it and kill those who prey on the weak. I am Michael ‘Infernus’ Garner, this is my story.