• Published 1st Dec 2012
  • 2,714 Views, 34 Comments

New World, Friends, and Life - Warrios



Michael is a human who just lives his life. Will he adapt to a land of ponies?

  • ...
6
 34
 2,714

Chapter 5: 'Surprise!'

Chapter 5: “SURPRISE!”

Twilight and I left the library to start our tour. We decided to go see our friends first then proceed into town. Some townsfolk that were on a daily stroll took one look at me and all I saw was fear in their eyes. I decided to ignore them, and kept a smile on my face while staying in a conversation with Twilight. It’s one way of showing I am a nice person and that I won’t hurt anybody. I mean, if I was a bad person that loved to be a sadist – I probably would have already started crime within the town.

After a few minutes of walking we came across Rarity’s place – The Carousel Boutique. It was a huge place; it suits her tastes of fashion well. Twilight and I approached the front door. The bell of the boutique rang as we entered with a “Cling!” When we entered I looked around; I saw mannequins, shaped like ponies, some draped in outfits in various stages of completion. How does one single pony stay responsible for all of this?

“Just a miiiiiiiiiinute!” Came a singing voice from the back of the boutique. Twilight and I stood in silence for around a minute and then Rarity came walking through to the front of the store. Her face lit up when she saw Twilight and I.

“Twlight, Mike!” she gleamed. “It’s wonderful to see you both again!” She told us to come inside and came up to give both of us a hug.

“Now, I believe you came to me for some clothes, correct?” she asked.

“Yes, I did.” I replied. “If it’s not to much trouble. I don’t want to wear the same clothes every single day.”

“Trouble?” Rarity gasped. “Of course not! I’ve always wanted to make outfits for a new species! It’s not everyday anypony could get a chance to get!”

Rarity looked at me up and down and walked around me.

“Alright.” She says. She grabs a tape measure with her magic grasp. “Stand up straight and put your arms out, please darling.”

And so I did as she asked. She took my measurements. Every inch of my body was measured; Legs, arms, shoulders… you name it.

“Nothing to fancy, please.” I say. “I won’t complain with what you make me. It could just be like what I’m wearing or something totally different. I’ll let you decide.”

Rarity had a big grin on her face. “Don’t worry, dear.”

I let out a chuckle. “Well, Rarity. We’ll get out of your hair…err…mane. We still have the rest of the town to tour.”

Twilight and I start to walk toward the door. “Toodles, Darling!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight and I decided to go by Sweet Apple Acres next. I believe the town is starting to lighten up a little because we seem to now be followed. I can feel the eyes peering at me from behind. Twilight told me that she will try to get with the mayor of Ponyville and try to get up a little event for me so the whole town can ask any questions to me and get to know me. On stage. *gulp* I never did well on stages. If I was just helping set up, sure I don’t give a damn in the world; but if I was presenting to a whole cafeteria full of students; oh let’s say… around a few hundred? Nope.

Anyway, we were coming up on the farm now. Wow, this place looks much more massive up close and personal. It was just fields and fields of trees. You can see the apples stick out every now and then. I wonder what it’s like in a life as a farmer. Is it hard? Well, I will find out when I start working here.

“She should be out in the fields by now. . .” Twilight says. She was looking down isles of trees. I guess she was looking for Applejack.

“Yo! Applejack, you out there? It’s Twilight and Mike!” I bellow to the trees.

“Ah’ll be out in a sec!” Applejack yells back.

I could hear a few “THUD!”s coming from the distance. I guess she is finishing a couple of trees before coming to meet us. I can see movement within the trees so I guess she’s approaching right now.

“Howdy y’all!” she greets as she walks up. She must have been working hard because she is sweating. A lot.

“Hey Applejack; working hard today?” I ask.

Applejack chuckled. “Just call be ‘AJ’ sugarcube. It’s been a fine day workin’ thank ya, kindly.”

“So, AJ. Who else works with you again? Your brother right?” I ask. I hear her brother is the strongest stallion in Ponyville, since he works on the harms all the time.

She nods to confirm my question. “Eeyup! My brother’s name is Big Macintosh. Ya’ll meet him soon.”

“Well alright, AJ. It’s nice seeing ya again. Twilight and I will be at Sugarcube Corner for lunch.”

“See ya’ll later!” she yells back as we depart for Sugarcube Corner.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight wanted to take the long way to Sugarcube corner for some reason. I don’t know why. I asked but she just said to know Ponyville better. What’s she up too?

We walked past a park and I saw what looked like a school house. “Hey Twilight, is that a school over there?” I ask. She glances to where I was pointing. It was a huge red building with a red flag out front. There was a sign with a book on it at the front; but this one was different to the one at Twilight’s library. This one had what looked like little fillies both touching a heart above it.

“Yeah, that’s where all the colts and fillies go for school.” She replies.

“Hmm. Do any of the girls have brothers or sisters that go to school?” I ask. Nobody really mentioned to me about them having a sister.

“Yeah. Rarity’s sister and AJ’s sister. Sweetie Belle is Rarity’s little sister and Applebloom is AJ’s.” she said as we past it.
I will probably meet them one day, maybe on a visit or they might approach me and introduce themselves.

We walked for another few minutes, the town suddenly looks deserted. We soon came across a building that almost made me drool. It looked like a gingerbread house. The top was made of… well it looked good to eat let’s just say that.

“Twilight…you might want to keep an eye on me because that house looks delicious…” I say, still staring at the building in front of us.

Twilight giggled. “Come on we are almost there.”

We walked up to the door and Twilight stood behind me. “After you…” she says.

I raised an eyebrow, confused but went to open the door. I grabbed the handle and pulled. They looked like they were closed. “Are you sure they are open today? The lights are off…wait a second…” As my eyes start to adjust to the darkness, I can see a few figures of ponies hiding behind furniture, tables and the counter.

“SURPRISE!!!!”

I jumped about twenty feet into the air. I can see balloons and steamers everywhere and a sign across the roof saying ‘Welcome to Ponyville, Michael!’ I saw sweets; muffins, what looked like candy, cake, cookies and a lot others. I can see punch and what looked like… a DJ booth?

All the ponies in the room looked at me smiling.

“Ehh…. Hello, everybody.” I say slowly.

Pinkie Pie jumps out of nowhere and says, “Where you surprised by my surprise? Wereya?wereya?wereya?wereya?wereya?wereya?wereya?” she was now hopping in place excitedly.

“Yes I was Pinkie. Thanks for the surprise party.” I reply.

Pinkie Pie then jumped in front of everypony and yelled, “Come on everypony, lets party!”

A pony went up to the DJ booth; it said ‘DJ-Pon3’. She was a unicorn, with a white coat, awesome looking glasses and her mane was pretty awesome looking. She started to play really good music.

We partied for awhile. We had fun; I got to meet Big Mac. I met a lot of other ponies too. I met the Cakes, a mare named Carrot Top, the mayor, Bon Bon, Lyra Heartstrings, and a lot of other ponies.

Later into the party I hear someone yell, “Play some of your human music!”

Everyone else was agreeing. My friends came up to me and were giving me puppy-eyes. AW… how can you say no?
“Alright everyone, are you ready to party?” I yell as I click the play button.

The lyrics soon came in. I decided to play something diffrent beside rock. So I chose Dubstep, but not a really loud one. I think they already like this song. In a second, I saw my friends bobbing their head to the beat, causing a few other ponies to nod their heads lightly. I began to swing my body to the lyrics. Rainbow Dash flew next to me doing the same. I guess our swaying was hypnotic, because a ton of ponies were now swaying with us.

Then everypony was now dancing on their hooves and shaking their heads to the beat. All of the ponies were now dancing to the song and some began to sing even though they had heard the song once. After a few more minutes, the song faded out and it ended.

“Want to hear another song?!” I shout to the crowd as I went back to the Music Library.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man… these ponies know how to party! We were dancing for awhile. Soon, I just got tired and went to sit at a table. I grabbed a cupcake and some punch along the way. The DJ came up to me and said we should meet up sometimes. Her real name was Vinyl Scratch.

My friends came to join me at the table. We had a nice chat for awhile; we talked about how I liked it in Ponyville so far, how the ponies are. Rainbow and Applejack had strange drinks with them. “What kind of drinks are those?” I ask, curiously.

The both have a huge smile on their faces. Rainbow dash raises the mug and points a hoof at it. “This is the Apple Family’s hard sider.” She says. “Want to try some?”

“Is it alcohol? I’m not much of a drinker.” I reply. “Well, if it’s not too strong I guess I’ll give it a try.”

Rainbow dashes from her seat and went to grab a mug. She comes back with a decent sized mug and sets it in front of me. I grab the mug by the handle and observe the beverage. It looks like soda back on Earth. I look at my friends and they all are glancing at me, watching me get ready to drink it.

I look back down at the drink and shrugged. “What the heck.” I raise the mug into the air. “To a new life in a wonderful world!” I hear a round of stomping at my statement. “Down the hatch.” I tilted the drink back and downed it in one go. It tastes similar to soda.

“Wow that’s good stuff, AJ.” All my friends were staring at me in disbelief. “What? Is there something on my face?” I wiped my hand across my mouth and saw nothing. I asked what the problem was. Rainbow flew off and dashed back with another mug, asking me to drink again. I obliged. They yet again, looked at me in disbelief.

“What? You’re all scaring me now.”

“I think it’s time for a drinking contest, AJ.” Rainbow informs Applejack. AJ nods and walks off. A... drinking contest?

A few minutes later, the table was set up with around twenty five mugs of cider. The contest was Rainbow, Applejack and I. Pinkie was going to monitor the contest. There was a small crowd of spectators around us.

“Alright everypony! We have a drinking contest with Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and the guest of honor: Michael!”

I can hear cheering in the crowd and soon the game began…
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug! Chug!” the crowd was chanting. The game was basically see who can chug down the most sider the quickest. It looked like I was winning. Applejack and I were the only ones in the game. Rainbow went out cold a few mugs ago. Whenever I come close to a few mugs, Pinkie rushes off and comes back with more.

I start to feel a little light headed, but I am still my normal self. “You give up, AJ?” I ask.

“Ne *hic* eva!” she slurs. “I never ever lo-” THUD! There went Applejack. It looks like I won…

Pinkie appears next to me raising my arm into the air. “And the winner is Michael! Congratulations!”

Twilight walks up to me, with a look of worry. “You alright, Michael?”

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I respond. I try to stand up, but I feel so light headed.

“Ugh… I feel a little light-headed. I think I drank too much.” I said, rubbing my forehead with both hands.

“Here let me help…” her horn starts to glow and my light-headedness goes away. I feel fine.

“Wow… I feel great,” I said, astounded. “Thanks Twilight.” I smiled at her. She smiled back.

Twilight yawned. “How about we go home? It’s getting late and I’m tired.”

“What about the party? Shouldn’t we help clean up?” I ask. I don’t want to leave a party that was made for me and not help at all.

“Don’t worry. Pinkie will have it clean quickly.” Twilight giggled. “Trust me.”

We then walked home toward the library.

What a great day it has been.

End of Chapter 5