• Published 9th Dec 2012
  • 1,550 Views, 75 Comments

The Great Changeling Shipping Experiment - Dusky Flower



The MPVRD has come to Ponyville! It stands for Magic-Powered Virtual Reality Device!

  • ...
5
 75
 1,550

Rarity: Logging In

Rarity stood before the mirror, admiring the sleek silver and purple bodysuit. The silver curled around into a shimmering spiral, then wove out again, twisting and turning in a beautiful dance. Yes, Rarity definitely looked good.

Rarity smiled to herself, and took her favorite comb, pulling it through her mane. After all, she had to look her best for all the charming mares and stallions.

Why, she could just see it now...

*****************************

"Care to dance, my lady?" inquired the absolutely handsome, absolutely gorgeous stallion, his perfectly styled black mane almost shimmering.

"That would be a great honor, Duke Star Runner," replied Rarity.

"The true honor is meeting a perfect lady like you," murmured Duke Star Runner.

*****************************

Rarity sighed. Yes, this would be amazing. It would be splendid balls and silken gowns. It would be truly wonderful. It would be-

The silver on her bodysuit started to glow, first dimly, and then a luminescent white. The strange feeling of being pulled into another world clouded Rarity's mind- a very good thing, for otherwise it would be painful.

It was like that single second of weightlessness, that tiny moment of flight. And then she fell.

*****************************

Not every pony reacts well to being translated into the virtual world. Some experience happiness, some sadness. Some don't feel anything.

But some, some feel the translation, and instead of merely appearing in the virtual world, they fall into it.


Rarity, dimly, was aware that something was happening around her. It didn't really seem important, because, well, the fact that she was falling to her certain death seemed much, much more important. Absently, she began screaming.

...and what will happen to Sweetie Belle? Our parents are gone so often, what will she do? What will Fluttershy do? Who will run Carousel Boutique? When will this endless falling end?

Rarity had no time to answer any of these questions, as the voice ringing through her mind... was very insistent. What was it saying? She couldn't quite hear it...

PLAYER IN DANGER. INITIATING RESCUE.

Out of nowhere, a silver-blue portal appeared, and instead of the dreaded impact...

She hit the surface of the portal, and the world righted itself.

Once again, she stood on the floor of Carousel Boutique.

It was too much. Rarity was spent. Her adrenaline was gone.

Her eyes closed, and she landed on the floor.

A white crystal pony she had not seen, a unicorn, walked calmly over and placed the unconscious mare on the fainting couch.

Three words escaped her lips.

"Don't worry, Rarity."

The crystal unicorn smiled, and took some fabric from a drawer, placing it over Rarity's unconscious form.

"It will all be alright."