• Published 25th Nov 2012
  • 2,018 Views, 51 Comments

A Wandering Soul - Kingsley



A mysterious filly searches mindlessly for the love she never received.

  • ...
9
 51
 2,018

Silent Night

Chapter 4: Silent Night




Having a pleasant sleep, Lilith was woken up by Twilight, who was speaking very fast and almost incomprehensibly.

"Lilith! Lilith, wake up!" Twilight said. "We have to head down to Sugarcube Corner right now!"

Lilith stood up in her bed, doing her usual morning stretches and proceeding to look at Twilight.

"Huh? Why are we going there? I thought you said you were going to enroll me in school toda-" Lilith said, interrupted.

"There's no time for that now! Something terrible might have happened to Pinkie Pie!" Twilight exclaimed.

Lilith's heart jumped, had Pinkie's body already been discovered? Did they know that she was the one who killed her? What would she do next? She stopped thinking about it and proceeded to respond to Twilight.

"O-Oh? What happened to her exactly? Do you know?" Lilith asked.

"No, I don't know what happened. All I know is that Applejack came by not too long ago and said something was going on at Sugarcube Corner," Twilight said. "The Cakes were cleaning up the mess from the party we had last night but noticed that the oven was sealed shut from extreme temperatures. They're trying to pry it open right now as we speak!"

"So what does that have to do with Pinkie Pie?" Lilith asked.

"They said they didn't find Pinkie in her room this morning, so I'm worried where she might be," Twilight said. "That's why we have to head over there right now."

"I guess if we have to," Lilith said.

Twilight and Lilith left the house shortly after their conversation and they arrived at Sugarcube Corner a few moments later. Walking inside, they went into the next room only to see Mr. Cake trying to pry open the oven with a crowbar and her friends, along with Mrs. Cake and the CMC, observing in discomfort.

"Twilight! Oh, thank goodness you made it!" Rarity said. "You didn't happen to see Pinkie at all on your way over here did you?"

"No I didn't, I don't know where she is and I'm really worried about her..." Twilight said, turning to look at Mr. Cake. "Can you at least see inside through the small window on the door?"

"N-No I can't, the window is charred and it's impossible to see anything inside." Mr. Cake said. "But it feels like there's something inside, if only the door wasn't sealed shut... how did this even happen?"

Mr. Cake continued to clench his teeth on the crowbar, forcing the door open, but to no avail.

"Here, I'll give you a hand with that." Rainbow Dash said, flying over and biting the crowbar in assistance.

"Hey, Lilith!" Scootaloo said, running towards her with Applebloom and Sweetie Belle following behind her. "Have any idea what's happening?"

"N-No, it's a real mystery right?" Lilith said.

"You can say that again, I wonder what's inside..." Sweetie Belle said.

Rainbow Dash and Mr. Cake began to pull back as hard as they could, trying to pry open the door. After a few unsuccessful attempts, the door finally budges.

"It's opening!" Mr. Cake said. "Just a little more!"

Lilith, watching in fear, knew what was coming. She only hoped that they wouldn't suspect her at all for the "murder". Mr. Cake and Rainbow Dash made one final pull, causing the crowbar to snap in half from the pressure, but also causing the over door to open... and along with that came Pinkie's lifeless body, falling out onto the ground completely charred, still sizzling from the intense heat trapped within the oven. Everyone gasped in terror at what they saw before they're eyes.

"I-Is that..." Applejack said. "P-Pinkie?"

"But... how? Who would do something like this!?" Rarity asked.

"No... no Pinkie... who did this to you..." Rainbow Dash said.

Fluttershy was unable to speak, seeing one of her best friends dead right in front of her scarred the yellow pony's mind immensely.

"I... I don't... how do I..." Twilight said, at a loss of words.

Everyone who had laid eyes on the poor pink pony began to mourn, tears flowing down their faces and hearts broken... except for Lilith, who laughed quietly to herself as she laid eyes on her work.

"Lilith..." Twilight said. "I'm so sorry..."

"S-Sorry? What are you sorry for?" Lilith said.

"You lost parents... and now you were witness to another death of a friend..." Twilight said.

Lilith saw this as a perfect way to not arouse suspicion to herself. She began to cry and hold Twilight close to her, sobbing and burying her face into her arm, pretending to be sad of course.

"Yes, yes... I'm so sorry that you had to relieve this... even when I promised I'd help you get your life back together..." Twilight said.

Lilith continued her act until Mr. Cake pulled himself together and began to speak.

"Well... I guess we'd better take her out of here..." Mr. Cake said, trying his hardest to hold back tears.

"I'll get started on preparing a funeral for her..." Mrs. Cake said sorrowfully.

They gently picked up Pinkie's body and brought her into another room, away from everyone else to see.

"This means there's a killer somewhere here in Ponyville..." Rainbow Dash said. "I don't believe it... why Pinkie... out of all the ponies..."

"Well... I don't know about you guys..." Applejack said. "But I'm gonna go on home now... I'm not feelin so good at the moment..."

"Yes, I'm afraid I'm at a loss for words at the moment..." Rarity said. "I'm going to go and retire to my house for now... please inform me when the funeral is ready..."

Both of the ponies walked out of the room and left the building, lacking the spirit to do anything else.

"Rainbow? What about you?" Twilight said.

"I... I don't know... I wanna find the person who did this to Pinkie but..." Rainbow Dash said. "I don't know... maybe I'll just head home for now like the others... I'll see you guys later..."

With that comment, Rainbow Dash flew out of the room and out to Cloudsdale. Sweetie Belle and the others then approached Lilith.

"Hey, um... Why don't we reschedule our plans? I don't think any of us are in the mood for crusading anyway..." Sweetie Belle said.

"Oh, uh, sure I suppose," Lilith said. "I'll see you guys later then."

"Yea see ya later," Scootaloo said, leaving the room with the others.

The only other pony left in the room besides Twilight... was Fluttershy, unable to cope with this, she sat there on the ground, still sobbing for the loss of her friend.

"Fluttershy... Come on now... Why don't you head home like the others? We all need to have some time to ourselves, you know?" Twilight said.

Fluttershy slowly looked up at Twilight and began to speak softly.

"She's gone Twilight... She's... She's gone..." Fluttershy said. "I don't know how to deal with this... Oh, Twilight..."

Twilight began to console Fluttershy, as she was clearly the one who was taking it the hardest.

"Tell you what Fluttershy, why don't me and Lilith come with you back home. We'll help you pull yourself together," Twilight said.

"Well...Alright I guess...Thanks, I really appreciate it..." Fluttershy said.

Lilith looked at the two of them together, her vision flickered between normal and psychotic once again. Her insanity, along with the voices, returning.

"Now it's her turn...You know what you have to do!" the voices said. "You must..."

"Lilith?" Twilight asked, returning Lilith to normal. "Are you ready to go?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah I'm ready..." Lilith said.

"Alright, come on we have to help Fluttershy get home," Twilight said.

Twilight and Fluttershy left the room with Lilith following behind. Walking out of the building, they brought Fluttershy to her cottage. Twilight helped Fluttershy regain her sanity as best she could throughout the day. Lilith, who kept switching from sane to psychotic, only sat and observed the two together, angry at the fact that Fluttershy was hogging Twilight. They both stayed there until nightfall, where Fluttershy had recovered significantly from the passing of Pinkie.

"Oh, thank you Twilight, I really appreciate you helping me today," Fluttershy said. "I don't know what I would've done if you weren't here..."

"It's no problem Fluttershy, we're all devastated from the loss of Pinkie... but hopefully we'll all feel better in time," Twilight said.

"Yes I suppose you're right..." Fluttershy said. "Well, you two better head home, it's getting late and since there's a... killer somewhere in Ponyville... I don't think being outside at night is the best thing."

"Don't worry Fluttershy, we'll find out who did this to Pinkie that's for sure!" Twilight said. "For now though, we just need to give everyone time. I'll see you tomorrow Fluttershy."

"Okay, bye Twilight! Bye Lilith!" Fluttershy said, receding back into her cottage and closing the door.

"Come on Lilith, let's head home," Twilight said.

"Alright..." Lilith said.

Twilight and Lilith returned home after a very tiring walk.

"Alright Lilith, I'm sorry today didn't go as you expected it to," Twilight said. "I promise we'll start buying you your supplies and enrolling you in school soon."

Lilith climbed into bed and started to get under the covers.

"It's fine I suppose... I understand why Mom, you don't have to explain it," Lilith said.

"Try to get some sleep and we'll see if tomorrow is any better," Twilight said, turning off the lights upstairs. "I'm going to do some late night research downstairs okay?"

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow," Lilith said, turning on her side.

Twilight turned around and walked downstairs, sitting at her desk she began to research from many different books for a while. Upstairs, Lilith fell asleep for several hours... until she was woken up by all too familiar voices.

"Get up..." the voices said. "Now is the time..."

Lilith stood up in her bed, rubbing her eyes.

"Huh...what do you..." Lilith said, interrupted.

"Your mother is asleep...Take this opportunity...Use the cover of night to take the life of that pathetic pegasus..." the voices said.

Lilith crept up from bed, she looked down from the top floor to see Twilight, who had fallen asleep on her desk.

"Take this chance...Before your time with her ends..." the voices said.

Lilith's eyes and body returned to their psychotic state, twitching and whispering to herself.

"L-Lose her...No...No, no, no...I won't let it...Let it...Let it happen..." Lilith said.

"Then go... NOW!" the voices said.

Lilith proceeded to the door downstairs, being as quiet as she could. Making it downstairs, she opened the door and slipped out, closing it ever so quietly. Lilith then proceeded down the road to Fluttershy's cottage, breathing heavily and trembling on the way there. When she arrived, she walked up to the door, but instead of sneaking inside, she knocked on the door instead. A few minutes later, the door opened and she was greeted by a very tired, yellow pegasus.

"Huh...L-Lilith? What are you doing here at this time? Does Twilight know you're here?" Fluttershy asked.

Lilith was quiet, only staring at Fluttershy with bloody vision.

"Do...Do you wanna come inside?" Fluttershy asked.

Lilith remained silent, but walked into Fluttershy's cottage. Fluttershy, confused, closed the door and walked back with Lilith.

"So um...Why did you come here at this time? Is there something you need?" Fluttershy asked.

Lilith looked down at the ground.

"I-If there's something you need you have to tell me..." Fluttershy said.

Lilith looked back up at Fluttershy's face, but this time her eyes were nothing but pitch black. The only visible thing in her eyes were her small blood red pupils...Staring directly into Fluttershy's eyes. Feeling terrified now, Fluttershy backed up slowly, Lilith walking towards her.

"Y-You're um...Starting to scare me Lilith..." Fluttershy said. "I-If there's something I can do for you..."

Fluttershy backed up until she hit the wall behind her. Lilith stopping as well, continued to stare into Fluttershy's eyes.

"L-Lilith... you're..." Fluttershy said.

Lilith's horn started to glow, and she lifted Fluttershy into the air, applying extreme pressure to her body.

"L-Lilith! W-What are you..." Fluttershy said, gasping for air as she could feel bones snapping and organs bursting. Before Fluttershy could let out a cry for help, Lilith tapped her mouth shut. Bones started to spike out of Fluttershy's body and blood raced down onto the floor. Only tears and muffled screams were emitted from the pegasus's body as she was crushed by Lilith. Angel, Fluttershy's pet bunny, however, had just witnessed what Lilith had done and made a dash to the door. Before Angel could escape, Lilith noticed this and dropped Fluttershy on the ground, picking Angel up with her magic.

Bringing the scared bunny closer to her, she ripped one of Fluttershy's ribs out of her body and impaled Angel through the chest, causing him to die on impact. Lilith, seeing Fluttershy is still alive, grabbed some rope and her mane and dragged her outside, leaving a trail of blood behind her. Lilith dragged Fluttershy into the Everfree Forest, stopping a few feet in after entering. Lilith took the rope and knotted it into a noose and tied it around a tree branch hovering over the path. She lifted the crying pony with her magic and stuck her head through the opening. Fluttershy, crying and covered in blood, let out a few more muffled screams, until her body ceased moving and hung there.

Lilith looked up at what she had done, bursting into silent laughter. She thought to herself, maybe should could make this look like something else...Lilith walked back into Fluttershy's cottage, dipping her hoof into the pool of blood on the ground. She then walked towards the wall and wrote a "suicide" message. Wiping her hoof, she proceeded outside and closed the door. Lilith looked up at the sky, she could see storm clouds forming, which meant it was about to rain. Lilith loved this, the rain would wash away the trail of blood outside leading into the forest, she continued to laugh hysterically.

"It is done...Another is gone...One less trouble to worry about now..." the voices said.

"Heh heh heh...I won't let her take you Mom from me...I won't let anyone...Heh heh..." Lilith said.

Since Lilith had done what she came to do, she reverted back to her "normal" self. Her eyes and mind returned to "normal" and she started to proceed back home, looking back and laughing to herself. Still dark out, Lilith returned home and quietly opened the door, seeing Twilight still asleep on her desk. She came in and shut the door, returning to her bed as if nothing ever happened. As she went under her covers, she closed her eyes, happily drifting off into sleep once more...