• Published 22nd Nov 2012
  • 1,189 Views, 45 Comments

Trials of Vladamir - Rennoc215



Vladamir is a Haemomage, a pony who uses blood magic. But how will he react to living in Ponyville?

  • ...
2
 45
 1,189

Can Still Be Shattered.

Over the weeks, Rarity had actually warmed up to Vlad, and she felt he had warmed up to her too. He was a nice enough guy, but he tried to stay detatched from everything, aside from his cape. During his waking hours, he was always wearing it, and when he slept, it acted as a blanket. She had tried her hardest to re-create it, yet every time, something escaped her.

The color, the slick shine, the metal, nothing seemed to match. Whenever she had asked him about it, he always said it was a "Temple Secret," with a wink. Oh, why does he have to be so secretive about his "Temple?" wouldn't it be easier just to tell Twilight about it and get her off his back? she thought frustratedly.

She pushed her current order through the sewing machine again, and smiled as she watched the thread floated up and down in the soothingly rythmic patern that only a sewing machine could make. She heard a knock from downstairs, and smiled slightly. "Just a moment!" She called out, as she stepped downstairs.

When she pulled the door open, her smile quickly faded. Standing on the other side was a masked mare, covered by a large black robe. The mask depicted somepony crying, and held in the mare's hoof was a letter. The mare forced her way inside, shut the door behind her, and then passed the note to Rarity, who, with trembling hooves, opened the note.

"Dear miss Diamonds, It has come to my attention that you haven't made your monthly payments for the past year now. This leaves me with two options: You can pay in full, to our associate here, or she can take the payment in blood. Which will you choose?"

Rarity lowered the note, and looked at the intruder. "Now now, dear. I'm sure we can work things out..." Rarity said, slowly backing up towards the stairs. The mare kept pace, never allowing Rarity out of her sight. Rarity turned tail and ran, slamming her bedroom door behind her. The mare wailing against the door. That won't keep her out forever, Rarity thought grimly.

-+-+-+-+-+-

Vlad whistled a happy tune as he walked back towards the boutique. Today, he had saved several lives, and he didn't even need to use his powers. bouncing on his back were the three food containers he used whenever he did the shopping. He turned the corner onto the road, and stopped for a moment to enjoy the view.

After a few seconds, he started walking again, until he heard a screetch come from the boutique. Snapping his eyes up, he saw a red and white shape slam into the upstairs window, break through, and begin falling. As it fell, a flick of purple told Vlad all he needed to know. "NO!" he cried out, racing forward, his eyes flaring with their unholy energies. His cape vaporized, the red particles flying in a fine mist towards the falling pony.

His cape materialized beneath her, catching her in its soft folds. It slowly lowered to the ground, before vaporizing and returning to his back. He kneeled down beside his fallen friend, searching her over for any injuries. A few bruises and scrapes from the scuffle, but the biggest problems were the cuts that still had glass from the window inside.

Vlad got her stabilized, before looking up to the smashed window. He saw a masked mare from within, and screamed a brutal roar. He charged the door, causing it to buck under the pressure. He slammed into it again, and again, until the dor finally broke. His eyes were still roaring with power, and Vlad could feel the ache of continuous use starting to seep in.

You aren't a blood lord yet, Vladamir. This continuous use can and will kill you, should you keep it up. A voice within his head said. Vladamir smiled. I had wondered where you went, master. Vlad commented.

Vlad shook his head, and began to ascend the stairs. When he reached the top, He bucked the door, adrenaline coursing through his imbued blood. The door cracked, and splintered when he kicked it again. The mare was tearing apart the room, looking for a weapon, and Vlad growled. "Nopony hurts those who treat me well." He said, his eyes burning brighter than before.

The mare cowered, recalling the times when other members spoke of the pale pony. He was just as she imagined, his cape billowing, his eyes alight.

Vlad smiled maliciously, and charged her. She dodged, and Vlad turned around for another swipe. But the mare was gone, running down the stairs. Vlad roared, and turned to the window. He waited for her to come blundering out, and when she did, he jumped. He curled up, melding with his jacket, becoming a singular ball of blood, slamming into her back.

She screamed in confusion, before recognizing this from the tale. The droplets that had splattered about were rolling to a point before her, and she stood to her spot, riveted in terror, as a pool formed, allowing him to step out. He grinned evilly, raising an eyebrow. "Now, any last words, murderer?"

The mare cowered, putting her hooves above her head. "P-p-please don't k-k-kill me..." she stammered out.

Vlad threw his head back and laughed wickedly. "Maybe you should have given her that option." He said, pointing a hoof at Rarity. He stepped forward, and laid a hoof on the mare's back. He felt about, and found a thin scrape along her knee. "Now hold still, my dear. Or this will hurt a lot worse than it has to." He said, as he took a shard of glass and ran along the scrape, producing a howl of pain from the mare.

Vlad focused on the wound, and began to focus on the blood in her body. Before her nerves could realize what had happened, Vlad pulled all the blood out of her body, causing her to die quickly and painlessly.

He coughed, holding the ball of blood in his magic. He walked up to Rarity, and double checked that she was okay. He slid the ball around her, saturating her with the substance. He thought back through all of the incarnations, until he found the spell he was searching for. He focused the blood, seeping it into the few cuts on her back, and began healing her, burning through the blood, using it to power his healing of her. He was directing all the white blood cells to help in fighting off an infection, as he began plucking shards from her back and sealing them up.

Vlad felt his vision blurring, but he had to be sure she would be fine. He focused a little harder, and got the last shards off of her. Knowing that she would be fine, he pulled the blood off of her, and began to absorb it.

The next thing Vlad knew, he was being thrown to the ground. "Get off of her, you monster!" Came the familiar voice of a certain stubborn pegasus. Vladamir, if you keep your spell up much longer, your blood will be completely gone! End the spell, Vlad. Neither of us want to die. The voice came again.

Vladamir stood, and blinked his powers away. He swayed where he stood, and collapsed to his side, with a little punch from the cyan pegasus. Vlad put on the mask of confusion and gasped. "What's wrong with you, Rainbow? I just finish stabilizing our friend, and you throw me to the ground? not a particularly warm thank you."

Snagging on her moment of confusion, Vladamir stood up and began to limp away. he got a few feet, before feeling that his legs wouldn't move. He looked down, and saw the faint purple aura of unicorn magic upon them. "Now I know what you studied, Vladamir." Came the acid-laced voice of Twilight Sparkle. "And now I know that you really are a monster. Cannibalizing those who called you friend? That's downright evil."

Vlad rolled his eyes. "You don't even know what I did, so how can you say I canibalized her?" Vlad was about to add some spiteful pun, but suddenly found his vision fading. "Twilight, would you mind taking me to a hospital? I'm low on blood..." he said before falling into her grip, unconcious.