• Published 21st Nov 2012
  • 2,578 Views, 74 Comments

Fluttershy and the Dalek: Opposites Attract - the ghost



Fluttershy gets to know a Dalek and stuff happens. Love.

  • ...
6
 74
 2,578

Cosmic Encounter

Fluttershy and the Dalek

Chapter One: The Cosmic Encounter.

It was the night of the meteor shower and all of the Twilight's friends were up on the tallest hill in Ponyville stargazing. Rainbow Dash had moved the clouds out of the way just for the occasion and was now retelling the story about the time she saved Fluttershy during the Changeling invasion Canterlot. Fluttershy, Applejack, Pinkie Pie and Rarity listened intently while Twilight adjusted her telescope. Spike had once again fallen asleep.

“…And then, when the Changelings had Fluttershy cornered I broke my cover and BANG! Gave them a hoof right to the jaw. Didn’t even see it coming. They went down like rocks!” yelled the Rainbow Dash.

“I know, I was so scared I thought they were going to get me.” Said Fluttershy blushing. She always was so embarrassed this story by She truly was thankful for rainbow saving her though.

“That’s right,” Rainbow replied, “after I saved Flutters I picked her up off and ground and-"

“Why do I feel like ya told us this story before?” Said Applejack sarcastically.

“Did I really? When?” Said Rainbow dash

“Oo, oo I know I know.” Said Pinkie Pie raising her hoof as if she were a filly in a classroom

“Yes, Pinkie?”

“You told this story in the other story!” She said Pinkie Pie.

“What other story Pinkie?” Questioned Rarity. She was about to answer when Twilight interrupted.

“Girls! Come look the meteor shower is starting!” The ponies all looked up into the sky to see that sure enough, the meteor shower had begun. Beautiful streaks of many different colors began to light up the night sky.

“Such fabulous colors,” remarked Rarity, “If only I could reach up, pull them down and put them on one of my dresses. I’m sure they would sell.”


“Oh wow! I don’t remember the shooting stars having this many colors last time.” Pinkie remarked. “They’re like a bunch of sonic rainbooms!”

“That may be going just a little too far Pinkie, but they are still pretty cool,” said Dash in reply.

“It is strange though, meteorites are normally only a few different colors, which are based upon what minerals are being burnt up in the atmosphere,” remarked Twilight. “I wonder what the reason is for all these different colors?”

As the shooting stars fell Fluttershy stared up at them in wonder. The steaks of color reflecting off her eyes. She also took note of the stars. There sure were a lot of them. So many stars. It made her feel so small and insignificant to realize how big the universe was.

And how she was completely alone.

Well that wasn’t entirely true. She did have her friends. But that was all she had. And that’s all she would ever have. She would never have a very special sompony of her own.

It wasn’t that she didn’t get looks. Stallions would hit on her all the time, but if you can believe it, Fluttershy was a very shy pony and stallions tended to scared her. Her lips would lock up and not be able to talk. Eventfully it would get awkward and they would eventfully leave her alone again.

She pictured her dream stallion. All she wanted a stallion that would make her feel safe. Someone that she could talk to without feeling shy. Somepony strong and brave and loyal.

A knight in shining armor.

Fluttershy sighed. Too bad nopony like that existed. She looked up and saw one of the most beautiful shooting star yet. It had a long golden color. She closed her eyes and made a wish on it. She wished, against hope, that someday she meet her dream stallion and that she wouldn’t be too shy.

She opened her eyes again to see the shooting star still there. Slightly bigger than it had been before. She looked at it a little confused. didn't shooting stars normally disappear after a few seconds?

Suddenly Pinkie Pie’s tail began to twitch. At first only a little bit, then more and more violently until it was hard for her to ignore it anymore.

“LOOK OUT! SOMETHING REALLY REALY BIG IS GONNA FALL!” she screamed, covering her head. The rest of the group covered their heads as well, other than Spike, who was asleep.

“Are you sure about that Pinkie?” Asked Twilight, panicking slightly.

“I know it for sure Twilight. My tail is-a twichin'. Hhhhhuuuuu! What if it's one of the shooting stars! What if it crashes into Ponyville? What if it has aliens on it and an alien pony comes out and is like 'take me to Celesta!’? What if-"

“Pinkie Pie, that’s enough,” interrupted Twilight, trying to calm everypony down. “The meteors can’t make it through the atmosphere. They’ll burn up just like always. Nothing to worry about, now if we can all just calm down and figure out what what’s going to fall then we can-"


“Um, girls, if you don’t mind me saying something…” stammered Fluttershy, looking up at the sky. “That meteor looks awfully big and is moving awfully fast.” The six ponies looked toward the giant meteor as it streaked across the sky towards the Everfree forest. “Dear Celestia,” whispered Applejack as she watched the meteor crash into the Everfree Forest.

***

A few minutes earlier


“EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY! THIS IS DALEK VESSLE 11410. WE ARE CRIPPLED AND CAUGHT IN PLANETARY GRAVITATIONAL PULL, EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY! EMERGENCY!”

The Dalek ship had emerged from the time vortex. It was badly damaged from having come straight from the Time War. It had barely escaped after the Time Lord attack and was beginning to break apart in the atmosphere of the unknown planet and now was hurling toward it at alarming speed.

“RESPOND, RESPOND, ASSIST, ASSIST!” cried the Dalek Commander, Zek, in a panicked robotic voice.

“IT IS FUTILE. WE ARE NOT WITHIN BROADCAST RANGE, WE MUST ESCAPE USING AN EMERGENCY TEMPORAL SHIFT!” said Vice Commander Lez.

“WE MUST NOT ABANDON THE SHIP!” Zek barked in his harsh metal voice.

“WE MUST ABANDON!” Lez argued back.

“WE MUST NOT!” said Zek.

"THE SURVIVAL OF THE DALEK RACE DEPENDS UPON OUR SURVIVAL." countered Lez.

“YOU LEAVE,” Said Commander Zek. “DALEK PROTOCAL INDICATES THAT THE CAPTAIN MUST GO DOWN WITH THE SHIP.”

“I OBEY," said Vice Commander Lez. “EMERGENCY TEMPORAL SHIFT!” The Dalek disappeared in a bright light. The rest of the Daleks on board followed suit.

“EMERGENCY TEMPORAL SHIFT!” They too vanished in a bright light.

This left Dalek Zek alone on deck of his ship. A commander of burning wreckage of a Dalek ship doomed with no crew. His black sleek armor, reflecting the image of the fire burning around him.

Alone.

Daleks don’t have any emotions. They are above such a weakness. They do not feel compassion, they do not feel love, and they do not feel loneliness or fear. They only feel hate.

Then why, inside his metal casing was the creature known as Zek shaking? This action was not logical. He must prepare for impact.

“Raise the shields to maximum. Engage emergency harness.” The ship raised its shields based on his voice command, and restrained Dalek Zek in his harnessed. He put his own personal shields on armor lock and prepared for impact…

***

Present Time.

“Dear Celestia.” The object crashed down in the Everfree Forest with tremendous force shaking the very ground beneath the ponies' hooves.

"Oh my goodness!" exclaimed Rarity. “I hope nopony's been hurt!”

“Don’t worry, nopony lives in the Everfree Forest. Well, except for some animals and Zecora, but she doesn't live near that part of the Everfree Forest,” said Applejack.

Fluttershy felt her heart drop at the mention of the animals.

“Oh dear, the animals!” Fluttershy said, rushing toward the forest.

“Whatever crashed there is probably gonna be cool! I want to see!” said Dash flying past Fluttershy, sending her spinning. “Wait for me. I want to see the aliens,” said Pinkie bouncing at a leisurely pace after Rainbow Dash.

“Guys wait! Don’t touch anything!” warned Twilight “Whatever it is, that crash will be of scientific interest!” Her warning was in vain, however, since all three of them soon left sight. “There they go again,” sighed Twilight. "Rushing off with no plan at all, I mean, really. Applejack, Rarity you two coming?"

“Sure I’m up for an adventure,” said Applejack. “How bout you Rarity?”

"Well I’d love to darling, but somepony has to stay behind with little Spiky-Wikey." She made eyes at the adorable sleeping dragon.

“Well alrighty then, lets go Twi,” said Applejack, trotting towards the woods, followed by Twilight.