• Published 19th Nov 2012
  • 1,584 Views, 53 Comments

Equestria's Dreamscape - Blackdrag-rose



Celestia and Luna must once again face an evil that they, Discord, Chrysalis, and Sombra nearly lost to the first time they fought him.

  • ...
8
 53
 1,584

11. The Almighty Fausticorn

Midnight turned back to look at his elder sister, the Goddess of the Sun itself, and wondered if he had heard her speak correctly. Had she, the original Element of Honesty, sister of the Goddess of the Moon, who once bared the Element of Loyalty, call for aid? And not just call for aid like normal ponies, but for the aid of the celestial mare that had created Equestria and tasked them with it's safety. A very safety that Midnight was currently focused in destroying that very moment with his very own magic that was given to him by the mare in question.

She was seriously calling on the mother of all ponies.

"Are you insane?" Midnight asked, his concentration breaking and the entire earth shaking ended abruptly, "Do you have any idea what she'll do when she arrives?"

"I don't know what our mother is going to do Midnight," Celestia coughed, now glad that her brother was starting to feel real fear, "We haven't seen her since the beginning of Equestria and we don't know what she's going to do when she arrives and sees what we have done already. Who knows, maybe she'll fight you or maybe she'll just restore everything to normal. We honestly don't know what's going to happen next."

Celestia would never lie about something like this. She and the rest of her family hadn't seen their mother in over two thousand years, so there was no telling what mood she was going to be in when she arrived. For all they knew she could be in the foulest of moods and could very well tear holes in the ground at their lack of being able to stop their own brother. She was scared of what could happen and half wished she didn't have to call on their mother at all.

The black clouds burst open with golden rays shining down on the area, rays that radiated pure and undiluted magic that silenced all the destruction in one instance. The clouds broke apart until only a clear sky remained, but one part of the sky held a figure that the six of them never thought they would see again. Floating in the sky was a pure white coated alicorn mare dressed up in what appeared to be the finest golden armor ever crafted. Her flowing mane and tail was colored bright red, almost the same color as the roses that grew around where she landed. And sitting on her head, just behind her horn, was a golden crown that gave off an aura of sunlight, as if it was glowing on its own.

"Ah, it has been many a moon since I last set a hoof in Equestria," the mare said, her voice sound kind and ancient at the same time, "and by the looks of things it appears that somepony has been very bad in my absence. So, who calls on Faust, the Alicorn of Creation?"

"Hey mom," Luna called, waving one of her hooves at the deity that was their mother.

"Ah, my little Luna, I haven't seen you since you were a little filly learning about your gift," Faust said, smiling as she turned and noticed the elder sister, "and Celestia, I see you have grown from a sweet and lovable filly to a respectable mare. Discord, I see you've been up to the same old tricks again, summoning pink clouds and drinking chocolate milk while having some fun. Chrysalis, my sweet Chrysalis, I'll make sure that you and your ponies don't go without for a couple of months. Sombra, stop being a grump and get some happiness back into your life.

Midnight."

When Faust spoke to the rest of his family she was nothing but kind and sweet, but the moment she uttered Midnight's name her tone changed to a disappointed one and his blood went cold. He hadn't been expecting a warm reaction from his mother, not after all the destruction he had caused to her beautiful Equestria. He was going to be lucky if he managed to get away with a small punishment and not some other worldly prison like the Dreamscape.

"My son, I am very disappointed in you," Faust said, causing Midnight to shudder as she looked towards Canterlot, "When you were born I heard the very trees of the Everfree Forest whisper your name. You were born with the incredible gift of magic and I had hoped that you would have used your powers for the betterment of everypony. Instead I find that you've been using your gift to fight with your siblings and bring destruction to the land you were tasked with protecting."

"To Tartarus with your disappointment," Midnight shouted, baring his teeth at his mother like any rebellious son would do, "I am Prince Midnight, the original Element of Magic, and Master of the Ten Schools of Magic. There is nothing, absolutely nothing, you can do to stop me from destroying Equestria once and for all. Come mother, come and feel the magic you gifted me with over two thousand years ago."

Streams of silver magic burst forth from Midnight's horn, streaking through the empty blue sky towards his mother, who was just standing still and watching him. His intent was pure and simple, best his mother in magical combat and then get back to destroying the world afterwords. But when the magic reached his mother he got a decent surprise, the magic spattered apart and suddenly faded into pure nothingness. There was no magical barrier protecting her from his magic, but the spell had still died as if something was actually protecting her.

He kicked the ground and giant pillars of earth grew out of the ground all around his mother, stretching towards the sky with dirt sliding off. The pillars shattered into giant boulder sized stones and fell on where Faust was standing, appearing to bury the mare under their weight. Midnight gave an early smile that was short lived as the boulders turned into much smaller stones, revealing an unharmed Faust. She just stared at him with disappointment, which fueled his anger towards her none the less.

Midnight tried something different this time, spinning magic around like it was a pure weapon as time itself seemed to slow way down. He quickly approached Faust, using the slowed down time to move much more quickly than anypony else at the moment. But as his magical weapon reached his mother he noticed something extremely strange, the magic constructing his weapon unraveled and the entire thing vanished.

"Ah, I had forgotten the tickle of Cronomancy when it is used," Faust commented, making Midnight jump away before she could even lay a hoof on him, "I see that the majority of your powers have returned and, in essence, the majority of the Ten Schools as well. I see evidence of the Destruction School, the Alteration School, and the Conjuration School all around me. I can tell that you now contain the very powers of the Time School, the Chaos School, the Darkness School, and the Demonic School I told you to never touch. I also noticed that you have taken to not using the Solar, Lunar, and Natural Schools of magic anymore."

"Just because I have chosen not to use those three schools does not mean that I have turned my back on them," Midnight said angrily, his eyes flashing to a deep shade of red as a red aura appeared around him, "I learned the secrets of the one school you hoped that I would never touch and eventually forget about after years of studying magic. You may be the Alicorn of Creation, but I have learned a magic that allows me to stand on par with you. Right now the demonic power courses through my veins, power I acquired from years of learning every dark spell the demons could teach me.

You may be creation, but where's there creation there is also destruction. What ever you create I will destroy, no matter what that something is it will be reduced to pure dust. Go ahead, create something that can put up a fight against me and I will erase it before it can even touch me. I AM the true master of magic and everything else you've made will never compare to me."

His horn lit up and a beam of red energy burst forth, streaking through the air as it sailed straight for Faust and turned the sky a vile shade of red. The energy hit Faust square in the face and then it was gone, as if it had never existed in the first place. The fact that Faust was somehow avoiding his spells only increased his anger even further, causing the sky to darken and the aura around him to turn even redder.

He lashed out with flames that were hot enough to melt the area around wherever they struck, charring the area around Midnight as they whipped around towards Faust. Again the attack whipped around her and again the magic faded into nothingness, only leaving a charred area around the two of them. Faust sighed as again and again Midnight cast spells that were designed to harm her, noting that he still failed to understand that he could not harm her in the slightest way.

"I'm afraid this charade has gone on long enough," Faust said, sighing as a sword, one with the purest golden blade possible, materialized in front of her, "I was hoping that, with all the constant failures you've been having in your attempts to harm me, you would have realized that fighting me is not the answer. But i can see that over two thousand years of being away has made you resent me, trapping the inner and more peaceful you down deeper inside. You were never this violent and it pains me to have to resort to using my own blade on.

I just hope that when this is all over you'll forgive me enough to want to speak to me again."

Before Midnight could even respond he found a long diagonal cut across his chest, confused as to how the cut had appeared through his armor. Then he noticed the bits of armor laying scattered around him, as if something had exploded on contact with him and this was the result. Faust was still stand where she was, which made Midnight question if she was the one responsible for the attack or if she was just messing with his mind.

Then he saw a specter standing next to his mother's right, a younger version of himself who had always looked forward to the next time their mother had returned. To her immediate left, however, was a red furred stallion with a black curved horn, blood red eyes, a fully black mane and tail, and an evil toothy grin. This second stallion, one whose wings had become large raven wings and who had two large demonic horns on his head, seemed to frightened Midnight's very core.

"I cut out the demon part of you that was slowly growing deep inside yourself," Faust commented, steadying the sword as she cast a look at her confused son, "In time you would have become a demon of Tartarus, a creature bent on truly erasing Equestria from the face of the universe before moving on to another world. I could not let one of my sons fall into such a place, one that maybe even I could not save you from if I allowed it to happen. If you had destroyed Equestria you would have taken the step that would have transformed you into this...hideous creature.

Now to banish this monstrosity to the blackest star and seal it away for as long as possible."

As Midnight crumbled to the ground he watched the demonic version of himself become just a tiny orb in the night sky, where he would spend the rest of his days. The other, much more kinder, version of him trotted on over to him, giving him a smile as he faded back into Midnight's body. He looked up to see the kind face of his mother leaning over him, something that made the now light hearted Midnight smile as he succumbed to his dreams for the first time in over two thousand years.

"Mother," Celestia started, only to be hushed by Faust.

"He needs to rest now," Faust said, giving her children a smile, "Don't worry too much, I will have your brother restored to his former self in no time."