• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,063 Views, 27 Comments

Chaos of the Moon - Chaos of Canterlot



Chaos has been abandoned by his mother. He's travelled all across Equestria hoping to find a home

  • ...
1
 27
 1,063

Hope

Chaos of the Moon Chapter 8

Hey, Chaos here. I hope all you bronies and pegasisters had a great Hearth's Warming and Christmas day. So me and my editor thought you guys might like this chapter. Thank you to Dragonz-Wrath from FanFiction.net. You helped me a lot. This is an uneditted chapter so if you see mistakes and such, please tell me. I do not own My Little Pony. All MLP stuff is owned by Hasbro, The Hub, and the awesomely talented Lauren Faust. I own Chaos as my OC and Jetstream and Starling as secondary OC’s. If you have and questions, comments or concerns, please leave me a note. Enjoy!!

P.S. 2 hooves = 1 foot tall

Chaos walked through the Canterlot Castle, looking at all the stained glass, the sun shining through. The colors of the glass painting themselves onto the marble floors of the elegant throne room. A few showed simple scenes, such as one that depicted Celestia and Luna circling around a yin-yang sign, containing a sun on Celestia's side and a cresent moon on the other side. Chaos smiled; he missed this place. Even though this place brought back some painful memories, home is where the heart is. He continued to walk across the pristine marble floor, observing the glass pictures. As he saw each of them, one caught his eye. It contained a few ponies, looking to be in some kind of misery, and an odd creature looking down on them with an angry look. Chaos stopped and moved closer to the picture to look at it better. He could tell the ponies were not happy and seem to be diswraught about something.

"Hmm.." Chaos said, tracing the lines around each of the ponies circles to thier origins. The strings attached to a control-type X rods, which were placed under the creature. He looked at the creature's eye and a chill ran down his spine, his fur sticking on end. Its body was very straight lined and long, with a red tail, what looked like a dragon leg and a horse leg, a paw of some type and a claw as well. It had a blue wing as well. The body was angular, mainly because the glass-making ponies had a fairly hard time making rounded or curves with glass. The creature was a dull orange for a body, except for the red tail, mismatched legs and arms, and yellow neck and head. The eyes were a eggnog-y yellow (couldnt think of a better way to describe it). Chaos was baffled by the look of the creature, his own frame, contorting as he eyed it closely.

"What are you?" He said, running his paw through his small goatee.

"Well for starters, I am you and you are me." Chaos' eyes go wide in surprise, not expecting to hear a voice at all, especially a male one. Chaos turned around quickly, confused. No one was there. Chaos looked down the length of the throne room to see if there was anypony, but nopony was there. He could have sworn that somepony had said it from right behind him. Chaos looked up to see if a pegasus or somepony was hovering above but nothing was there. As Chaos turned back to the glass, he spotted a black hindquarter and blue tail turn down a corridor across the way. He turned back toward the corridor and ran as fast as he could to catch whoever pony it was. He was going so fast that when he turned the corner, he gouged the marble with his dragon foot as chipped the floor with his hoof too. When he left, he didn't notice the creature in the stained glass was gone. As he turned the corner, he saw a dull blue hoof turn another corner. Chaos knew those features, so familiar. But he couldn't place the tail on the pony.

He ran after the hoof and down the hall, turning the corner as well. Doors lined the halls, all of them looking to be open. Chaos could hear the sound of hooves against marble as they ran. He ran down the hall as well, peering into the open doors. They were in the Royal Guard's Wing by the look of the organized roos, each containing a set of dark or golden armor on a mannequin pony (depending on which Princesses they were assigned to) and a simple bed. As he passed the fourth or fifth door on the right, he cold have sworn he saw his mother, the Princess of the Night, standing where the mannequin pony covered in armor should have been, staring at him as he passed. He skid to a halt, chips of marble flying up as he slid. He went back and looked into the room, only to find a mannequin with dark armor on it. He eyes it suspiciously. Something was up.

"Ok what is happening here? What's going on?" he said aloud, thuroughly confused and beginning to feel paranoid, running a claw across and through his bristly mane.

"Well time is going on and what's happening is you are searching for what you are seeing, but what's going to happen is your going to be searching for what you cannot see," the voice says, sounding as though it should be coming from something right next to Chaos. Chaos whirls around again; nopony there. Chaos scratches his beard, thinking about what the voice said.

"That makes no sense at all," Chaos says, baffled by the words.

"Now what fun is there in making sense?" The voice says, in a sarcastic tone, followed by a laugh. Chaos was through with the chase. He for one, couldn't find whoever pony it was in the halls and two, was confused by the voice. Giving up, Chaos walked back to the throne room. As he was making his way back to the throne room, Chaos watched a red tail with a white tuff of fur go into one of the Royal Guard rooms and the door close behind it. Chaos quickly darted to the door, figuring he had the perp caught. He opened the door and ran in, only to find himself in the Royal Gardens. He did a double take, looking back to find there was no hallway or even a room behind him. He stood near the entrance of the labyrinth. Chaos looked to the sky, finding that the sun was justover the ever-so-distant horizon. He loved the Garden. This was his little slice of heaven when he lived in the Palace; his private getaway from his Aunt and his place of relaxation. He walked around the Garden, seeing all the beautiful colors of the flowers. As the sun dipped a little lower and time passed, Chaos came to the statue grounds nearby.

"Starswirl the Bearded, Clover the Clever," he said, observing the grey statues of the famous ponies, reading the plaques.

"Who's this?' he said, looking at a rather interesting and somewhat familiar somepony. The somepony looked to be the same on from the stained glass picture in the throne room. The more Chaos looked at the grey, lifeless statue, the more he realized he looked just like it; this somepony was another draconequus. He looked down at the plaque.

"Dis..cord...Discord?" He said intrigued. As the bottom of the sun touched the horizon.

"Yes?" The voice from before said. Chaos looked up at the statue, but it was the same. Chaos was angry now. He turned around and put his back to the statue, backing up to the pedestal's edge.

"Ok, I'm done with your games. This is getting really annoying. Show yourself you coward," he said boldly, angry.

"Is that the way your mother taught you to say hi to somepony?" the voice said as a yellow eagle claw rested on Chaos' right shoulder. Chaos shoved the claw off and jumped forward, tripping on a small jutting rock and falling. Chaos caught himself in time and landed softly, his claw and paw absorbing the impact. Chaos coughed as the dust kicked up around him. He caught his breath and turned over to face the somepony. On the pedestal stood the draconequus. the same exact one from the stained glass. Discord. The only differences were his neck and head fur was gray and his body fur was brown. Chaos was so baffled he responded to the question the draconequus asked.

"No. No that's not," he said in a trance-like state, awe-struck. This was too weird. Discord hopped down from his pedestal and walked a few steps to Chaos.

"You shouldn't be on the ground, you know. You'll get dirty," Discord said helping him up with a paw. Chaos accepted his paw with his own, standing up in front of Discord. Discord towered over him. Discord was probably 24 hooves tall compared to Chaos' 14 hooves. Chaos was stupified.

'Who is this guy? And why does he look like me?' Chaos thought to himself

"To answer your questions," Discord said, seeming to read Chaos'mind, "I am Discord, god of chaos and the element of disharmony. And on the contrary, my blue friend, you look like me." Discord twirled his eagle claw in a circle and a red snowcone appeared in his claw.

"Snow cone?" Discord asked Chaos. Chaos shook his head, still dumbfounded. Discord shrugged and licked the snow cone, before eating the entire thing it once, cone and all. To Chaos, Discord seemed very laid back and carefree, and his title fit his persone. Discord looked to Chaos, smiling at him, his snaggle tooth visible.

"Like father like son, huh?" Discord said, chuckling softly.

"Wait, what?" Chaos said, caught off guard by the comment. Discord didn't seem to acknowledge the question as he looked to the horizon, the last bit of the sun falling below the horizon. Discord grinned and looked back to Chaos smiling almost mischeviously.

"Well, looks like your time's running down here. Better wake up son. Hope to see ya soon my very anacratic child," Discord said, waving his son good-bye with a paw. Chaos' lower body began to become a mist as a invisible wind blew it away, his body slowly falling away from the bottom up. Chaos had so many questions to ask, things he wanted to understand, to make sense of. Chaos tried to speak but his words were silent as he faded into the wind, leaving Discord, who sat on the edge of his pedestal, waving good-bye and smiling.

As the mist swirled in the wind it grouped together and popped with a bright flash of light. Discord turned from the brightness, shielding his eyes. As the light dies away and Discord looked back, the Princess of the Night stood in its place. Princess Luna stared at Discord, her expression void, and Discord stared back, his expression bemused. Neither moved. The silence was broke as Luna ran at full gallop to Discord, smiling happily. Discord smiled big as well and met her in the middle. As they met, Discord picked her up and spun around, and they kissed like a newlywed couple. Luna wrapped her forehooves around his neck, holding him close, her barrel to his chest. They slowed down and stopped, breaking their kiss and hugging.

"It has been too long a time since we've seen thou, dear husband," Luna said happily, nuzzling his neck.

"I unfortunately must agree with you, my dearest Lulu. But I'm glad that a long time isn't forever, Discord said, smiling down at his love. They held each other close as the sky turned from its orange and magenta sky to its nighttime violet, never letting go. The let go of their hug to look into each others eyes, Luna's shedding tears of joy. Discord kissed them away, kissing her softly before looking to the horizon.

"The morning has come though, my dear," Discord said looking back down to Luna sadly, wishing their time together was longer. Luna looked down, saddened as well. Discord picked up her chin, smiling at her.

"Don't fret, I'm right here." Discord held his wife close to his heart, wishing this could last forever. "Besides, I'll always be in your dreams. Always." Luna smiled and sat back up, looking into his yellow and red eyes.

"Then we shall see thee tomorrow night we return to the dreamworld. I love you so much, Discord," she said, jumping up and kissing him softly, wrapping her hoover behind his horn and antler to keep her up there. He kissed her back with joy. He grabbed her softly as they broke the kiss, setting her down next to him. He got up and hovered in front of her, his paw holding the underside of her chin.

"And I love you Luna. Good morning," he said softly, smiling at her. The landscape around the Princess faded slowly and she smiled, a tear going down her muzzle as Discord faded from in front of her. Luna closed her eyes softly and reopened them. She laid in her bed in her chamber, staring at the ceiling as she laid on her back. She sighed softly and smiled, the meeting still in the front of her mind.

"'Tis a new day for us. We should go and visit Twilight." Luna rose from her bed, intent on having a surprisingly wonderful day. She only hoped the same for her son.

Author's Note:

So basically this Chapter is a mixed dream of Chaos' and Luna's. I know the the Princess of the Night shouldn't be sleeping at night, as she's supposed to be watching over the night but it worked out kinda. Hope ya liked it!!!