• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,063 Views, 27 Comments

Chaos of the Moon - Chaos of Canterlot



Chaos has been abandoned by his mother. He's travelled all across Equestria hoping to find a home

  • ...
1
 27
 1,063

A Day of Rest

Chaos of the Moon Chapter 7

Hey, Chaos here. I hope all you bronies and pegasisters are enjoying the story. It’s a lot of work copying my writing from paper to digital. After this chapter I am taking a break from the stories because I got end of semester exams to worry about and I got Christmas break. If I can, I might type up a chapter or two with on vacation. Thank you to Dragonz-Wrath from FanFiction.net. You helped me a lot. This is an uneditted chapter so if you see mistakes and such, please tell me. I do not own My Little Pony. All MLP stuff is owned by Hasbro, The Hub, and the awesomely talented Lauren Faust. I own Chaos as my OC and Jetstream and Starling as secondary OC’s. If you have and questions, comments or concerns, please leave me a note. Enjoy!!

“This is speech”
‘This is thought’

Chaos awoke face down on a small bed. His rear half draped over the edge of the bed and slumped on the floor is a squiggly pile. ‘Wait what?! I don’t remember falling asleep on a bed.’ Chaos pushed himself up, looking at his surroundings. He was in what looked like a fully wooden equine sized room. From what he could tell the room was built inside a tree and it was rather eerie. A simple manitore skin hung in the doorframe, acting as a door. A small shrunk sat along the wall along with a rather large mirror hung on the wall. He stretched his back and groaned, hearing a few pops and wincing at the slight discomfort from his wings. He sat up slowly, his equilibrium coming back to him. He looked down at the soft bed to find it was covered with the furs of animals. He grimace at the thought of the animals dying but was comforted by the fact that what they gave up, keep him comfy and cozy.

He pushed up and stood. He waited for a moment, and walked to the mirror. He turned around and looked at his wings and back. His bat wing was covered in a slime-like goop, wrapped in small vine-like things. When he poked the strange mass, it flexed against his lion finger, kind of like Jello. And his pegasus wing was black…and the black was moving!! He looked closer to find the black color was actually bugs. Thousands of bugs crawling on his wing. A cold shiver went down his back and he shivered. He was about to swat them off when a voice spoke up.

“Stop! Do not interfere with their work. Just see what is beyond their murk.” Chaos looked up to see a zebra in front the doorway of the room. She was striped black and white, a somewhat stern face. She had four gold hoops on her front leg and a few on her neck as well. She had a few gold earrings in one of her ears as well. Her mane looked like a Mohawk and it was striped as well, just like her coat. Her cutie mark looked like an inward leading swirl with dots following the line inward. Chaos returned his attention to his wing and pushed a few aside with a lion finger. The bright cyan color of his wing shone through the opening, before being swallowed up again by the other bugs clinging to it. He was baffled by the bug’s work and looked back to the zebra, raising and eyebrow questioningly.

“They are Phoenix bugs, to burnt things they cling; they feed off the burnt parts and all of such thing. They turn it to ash, and consume the remains. Then fix it and return it to normal, by their delicacy they cause little strain,” the zebra said to him in a moderate African accent as she leaves through the door flap.

“Thank you, miss.” Chaos said humbly. He was happy someone was helping him.

“You are welcome my friend draconequus, for a while afraid I was that your spirit may have left us.” The zebra said in reply.

“Come, come. Take a seat. You look famished, you need to eat,” she said again, opening the flop to reveal another room with a table and a few chairs in it. He slowly followed her into the room. A few masks hung upon the walls, along with numerous shelves, each holding various bottles, jarred herbs, old books, and stacks of old papers. A small cellar door was near the wall, probably leading to an under-tree cold cave. He padded to the table and coiled himself up, forgoing the chair and sat patiently as the zebra went to a different room through another door flap. The room smelled of cloves and some other herb, making him feel uneasy, yet it had the slight feeling of home to it. A few minutes later, the mare came back through the door flap with a plate of haybrowns in one hoof and a bowl of salad of carrots and other minor fruits on her head. She set the plate of haybrowns down in front of Chaos. She walked to the other side of the small table and set her salad down in front of herself. She smiled at him and he smiled back before they both began to eat.

“You know, I never got your name,” Chaos said softly, eating the haybrowns.

“Many names through my life, I’ve been called. But Zecora is my name, that is above all. Now what is your name, for you I pray tell. So that I may know you as well,” Zecora said, taking a small drink from her cup.

“Chaos,” he said back happily. They continued eating and he helped Zecora clean the plate and bowl.

“Umm Zecora… I noticed you have a number of books and papers? Do you have anything on magic?” Chaos asked, his curiosity getting the better of him. Chaos’ mind wound back to Aunt Celestia’s rampage at him. ‘I’ve got to be better prepared to protect myself if that happens again.’

“I do not know, I may have too many a book, but if you want to make sure, we can definitely look.” He nodded and they began looking. A few minutes later, Zecora and Chaos found a huge, thick encyclopedia on magic. Chaos levitated it down with a shine in his eyes. As soon as the spine of the encyclopedia touched to floor, he opened it and began reading and studying defensive and reflecting spells for a while. He had cozied himself into a spring again, with the encyclopedia on the floor in front of him. He was joyful and very involved into the texts, shuffling his wings. He winced at his bat wing as it still hurt from inside the gel.

“Hey, Miss Zecora? What is this stuff on my bat wing?”

“That is a slime I found in the Froggy Bottom Bog, its healing ability, very strong. But with your injury, the regrowth will be long.” She says softly, standing over her big cauldron. With her answer and some comfort, he returned to reading for a few more hours. ‘Wow. I feel so much like Twilight…I miss Twilight,’ he thought, audibly sighing.

“How long do you think it will take for my wing to heal with this stuff?” He asked her, looking up from the book.

“Seeing how bad it was when you were first in a daze, it may be about a few days. Well, the sun is gone and the night is here. I am going to bed. Good night my dear. Oh. Also, do not fear where to lay your head, for where awoke you is your bed.” She said, leaving to her own room. He wished her good night back and sighed, rubbing his mismatched eyes. They burned with anger from not blinking for so long. But he was happy. He had learned so much magic. He closed the book, leaving a small tab in the encyclopedia before paw to keep his spot. He slowly uncoiled and went to his bed, laying as much of his long body on the bed as possible. With a soft “Good Night” to his distant mother, he fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Hey everypony. Sorry about this chapter and it's shortness. It's kind of a cooldown chapter, and in between so to speak. Chapter 8 is gonna give me Tartarus, seing as its 14 pages long on paper, most of it single spaced. See ya soon!!