• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,063 Views, 27 Comments

Chaos of the Moon - Chaos of Canterlot



Chaos has been abandoned by his mother. He's travelled all across Equestria hoping to find a home

  • ...
1
 27
 1,063

Hope Is Lost

Chaos of the Moon Chapter 9
Hey, Merry Christmas and Hearth’s Warming Eve day to everypony! It’s Chaos here. I hope all you bronies and pegasisters are still reading the series. Well, over the Christmas break I decided I should type up the rest of the chapters I still have on paper. I’m still only 2/3 of the way done with the paper copies, so please, bear with me. Thank you to Dragonz-Wrath from FanFiction.net as my editor. You definitely help me a lot and help me catch my stupid mistakes. I do not own My Little Pony. Hasbro, The Hub, and the awesomely talented Lauren Faust own all MLP stuff. I own Chaos as my OC, with Jetstream and Starling as secondary OC’s. If you have and questions, comments or concerns, please leave me a note. Enjoy!!

“This is speech”
‘This is thought’

Light broke through the window in the bedroom, Celestia’s sun warming up the large mound under the covers. Chaos grumbled as he fought the covers to get out of the monkey’s fist of a knot of covers that he weaved himself into during the night. He finally broke out of the cacophony and yawned. He didn’t wanna get up yet. ‘Why in Faust’s’ sake am I up so early?’ He remembered a strange dream from last night and an equally strange somepony. ‘Wow that was a weird dream. Son? Wait, what?’ He brushed off the thought. He could worry about it later when he had time to do so. He went through his normal morning routine of stretches before looking at his wings again. He peered at his pegasus wing, to find that it was back to its bright cyan blue color. He looked around for the Phoenix bugs, only to find them cuddling together in a small pile on his bed stand. He opened it and all his feathers were there. He looked at his bat wing and saw some of the wing fabric was back near the side. He smiled. ‘Zecora was right. She really does know her remedies.’ He sat up and looked around briefly before getting up and exited the room.

“Zecora??? Hello?” he said, searching through the arboreal abode. However, Zecora was nowhere to be found.

“Hmm,” he said, curling his lower lip out in mock surprise. He created another breakfast plate of haycakes and ate them with diligence. Although it was such a simple breakfast, it was by far his favorite. He could remember as a kid that he had never liked the big, extravagant breakfasts when he lived in Canterlot Castle with his mom. Luna had always tried to get her little bundle of crazy to eat salad or a fruit bowl. Chaos would only scramble out of his high chair and run, only to return dragging a small plate of haycakes behind him from the servant’s breakfast table. The first time he did, a servant unicorn by the name of Jetstream came in after him, thinking Chaos was stealing. As soon as Jetstream saw where he was, he dropped to kneel in reverence, apologizing. Aunt Celestia told him it was ok. ‘Come to think of it, Aunty made him a part of her Royal Guard that day.’ Chaos continued to eat haycakes. He wouldn’t have anything else if he didn’t have to.

He finished his breakfast and wished the plate and silverware away, poofing them both away. As he was walking to the front door to search outside for Zecora, he glanced at the nearby window. To his horror, Princess Celestia was outside, talking to Zecora!!! He ducked his head away, fearing he’d been seen. He wanted to listen in, to figure out what was happening. He pulled on the end of his ear, and like a weird magic trick, it stretched out. He bent his extended ear, now listening periscope, out the bottom of the window to listen in.

“But my beloved princess, why are you so intent on finding this one subject? Is it a matter of emergency or simply personal, I pray please tell me direct,” Zecora said, worry and curiosity evident in her words.

“It is both, Zecora. None the less, have you seen a draconequus named Chaos?” Celestia said, slightly agitated.

“A draconequus? This is an interesting search indeed. But I’m willing to oblige myself to help, if you need.” Under Zecora’s cool composure, she was nervous, trying to keep Chaos’ whereabouts a secret.

“I thank you for your willingness to help but I must decline your offer. You didn’t answer my question though. Have you seen it?” Princess Celestia said, becoming slightly suspicious of the zebra. Celestia had met with a few frightened someponies yesterday after her bout of rage. They had seen her nephew enter into the forest earlier in the night. She had searched for him throughout the night. She found a jacket earlier in her search and it was stained with his matted blood and some fur. She followed his tracks for a while but they vanished at a certain point. From there she checked everywhere except Zecora’s home. She loathed Chaos, but not enough to barge into somepony’s home searching for him. She had enough decency in her to wait until the homeowner was awake to do anything. Princess Celestia noticed the zebra’s fear when she spoke and decided to act. Her horned glowed its golden hew as the princess tried to break into Zecora’s mind to extract what she wanted, instead of asking.

“I have not helped such a being princess, I’ve seen nothing new.” Zecora put a hoof to her head, wincing slightly before continuing, “Oh my head, give me a moment to compose myself, please I implore you.” The headache was brutal and she groaned as it seemed to worsen. Zecora knelt down in agony, holding her head with both front hooves. Zecora looked up to see the princess in total concentration on her, with Celestia’s horn glowing as well. She gasped audibly, thinking that Princess Celestia was magically scanning her home for Chaos. She was afraid for Chaos; she could see through the Princess of the Day’s façade. She slowly and wobbly rose back up onto all four hooves.

“Forgive me princess, I have made my choice, I harbor no hate. But I believe my friend should have a voice in deciding his fate,” Zecora said to the alicorn superior. She quickly turned and despite the earsplitting headache, bucked the princess in the face. The princess, too concentrated on the spell at hand, was caught off-guard. She lost her bearings; the spell dropping away as the princess back legs seemed to go haywire. She stumbled back and fell onto her hocks with a dazed and an ‘I’m off in subspace’ glazed look in her purple eyes. As Zecora watched the Princess fall and the spell time out, her headache immediately went away. Zecora wasted no time, rushing back inside to find a scared and spooked Chaos on the ceiling, fear evident on his face. Chaos knew he’d been found, by Celestia no less. He saw Zecora and rushed down to her, panicking.

“Zecora! What do I do?” Chaos said, gripping her shoulder with a claw fearfully.

“I’m sorry my friend, but your location she somehow knows. She is clever and crafty, and her magic is as powerful as Applejack’s apple-bucking blows. Please hurry!! Run east of this place! But beware, do not go west, for you’ll run into a foul and unfriendly race. Look for the mountain, you’ll find it with ease. But to get out of the Everfree will not be a breeze,” Zecora said, making sure here instructions were clear enough for him. Chaos nodded and quickly wrapped her in a huge hug, his claw and paw wrapping around her neck and lifting her up in the embrace.

“Thank you so much, Zecora. For everything,” he says, as she hugs him back. They embrace for a second or two before Zecora speaks up.

“You’re welcome Chaos. Your time to leave is past due. Go quickly, before the Princess comes to.” Chaos nods and lets go of her, running out of the door on all fours. Meanwhile, Celestia’s double vision was blurred, her sensitive ears still ringing. She swayed slightly side to side, her balance off, making her look slightly drunk. Through her heavily impaired vision she tried to watch her surroundings, trying to make out the hazed and mind melting shapes and colors of the world around her. Her vision slowly began to regain its single vision and the blurriness too. As she regained single sight, a blurry form of blue colors shot across Celestia’s field of view as she swayed. She quickly blasted a bolt of magic, her horn cracking black magic again. Chaos ducked his back, sheltering his wings as the magic crashed against a nearby boulder. Celestia stood uneasily and galloped after him, her steps out of synch, causing her gallop in a drunken stupor until she regained her balance.

As the adrenaline and blood pumped faster in Celestia, she developed a mind-splitting headache from the kick. But she didn’t care. It hurt like Tartarus but nothing was going stop her from getting Chaos. She charged the hatred magic again and fired at him again. The bolt zoomed by his left side, hitting a tree, causing it to explode near the trunk, splintering its lower half to bits. Chaos was hit on his left side by a fair amount of splinters, lightly yelping in pain, his left ear flattening at the concussive sound. His eardrum ruptured and began to bleed. Celestia was effected as well, splinters hitting her chest and neck, with a scattered few on her side. Celestia too was deafened but was better off than Chaos.

Chaos quickly stood to his hind legs, gripping his ear with a claw. He brought his claw down to see his red blood covering its flat blue, making it look purple. Chaos ran as hard as he could, his dragon foot cleating and clawing the soil as his hoof cupped into it, propelling him forward at a decent speed. But Celestia was gaining fast, her four angry, hell-bent hooves against his dragon claw and hoof. Chaos couldn’t fly, his bat wing was still healing. He charged his magic and flash teleported further ahead, trying to put some distance between him and Princess Celestia. Celestia in turn, pounded her hooves harder into the soil, driving herself forward to catch up to him as quick as possible, trying to hit him with bolt of magic as she went. She fired bolt after bolt at him, most of them missing. Chaos would turn around from time to time, putting up a weak shield spell to deflect the shot. The shot would miss, bouncing off the curved surface at a tangent while the shield would shatter into shards. He fired a few spells back at here to try and slow her down but Celestia would defect them with the black crackling magic. He was tiring quickly as he had to evade her blasts, deflect her blasts, run away from here, and battle the terrain. He quickly lost his bearings, turning to his left, finding himself in a dead end pocket of rocks near the base of the mountain. Chaos gritted his teeth, realizing his foul up. He turned around to go back, only to have a comet of black magic shoot right towards his head. He had only a split second to turn his body sideways and his neck to the right as the blast seared off part of his mane. He slipped and fell to the ground rubbing the back of his neck into the dirt, trying to kill the insane amount of heat in his fur from the blast. As he slowly got up, Celestia stood a few paces away, ready to charge at him in her widened stance. She stood in the opening of the pocket, blocking his only escape.

“Will you come quietly?” Celestia asked, sore tired and still very angry. Her horn continued to glow black, charged with hateful magic, magical electricity crackling and arching around it.

“Will you stop attacking me and let me be? What have I ever done to you?” Chaos snapped back, speaking louder than normal because of his hearing impairment and panting as he tried to catch his breath.

“You have forever ruined my life. You ruined your mother’s life you worthless foal,” she spat at him, Chaos flinching at a lie that he took at true. Celestia continued, “Now she’s hated by everyone, even more, and barely ever leaves the Palace. She barely eats, she doesn’t talk, she doesn’t sleep; all because of you, you abomination. You were the worst thing to happen to her,” she said, sealing the envelope of her metaphorical letter of hateful lies. Celestia knew how much it would affect Chaos. And when Chaos opened that metaphorical letter in his mind, he shook, damaged inside.

“You’re much like your petty father, so stupid and lowly. You’re the epitome of him. You’re unclever, and you’re horrid at whatever you do. Your father thought he was good to your mother but all he did is shame her, much like you did. You are worth less than a bit, just like your father. Soon you’re gonna be like him: gone forever.” Celestia said, expelling most of her rage. Chaos stood there, mortified as Celestia moved to stand normally, the magic fading back to the gold hue and then go away.

‘Was I really that worthless? Did she get rid of me because I was the worst thing in her life?’ Chaos cried, a single tear, dropping to the ground as he heart seemed to sink to his feet. Chaos closed his eyes and breathed in deeply. When he opened his eyes, his usual demeanor snapped, replaced by a new and more hatefilled and sarcastic side. He looked at Celestia with a hateful stare.

“What do you want from me?” he asked with cautious hate.

“I want you to suffer for all that you have caused my dear sister. I want you to come back to Canterlot, weak and powerless, caged and chained. I want you to suffer the rest of your pitiful life in the dungeons, on the edge of starvation for the rest of your life,” Celestia said with sadistical calmness. She hated him with her entire being, but with this plan she could imprison him without her sister knowing. The dungeons many confusing and intricate corridors, with some of the remote cells bearing a many gruesome somepony that would even send tingles down King Sombra’s spine.

“What else? Don’t play bucking stupid Celly, I remember that there was always another side to your deals,” he said, caring about his possible future. He knew she wasn’t going to play fairly when it came to himself. Celestia smiled and chuckled evilly.

“I’m surprised you would remember such a thing. You will suffer much more than malnourishment and solitarity. No, you will suffer those and more….by my hoof alone,” she said grinning like a mad pony. Chaos grinned back, snapping a small wooden chair into existence and sitting down in it, much to Celestia’s surprise.

And if I pass on such a wonderful offer and decide not to go quietly?” He said snapping a Daring Doo series book into existence and reading it. Celestia, caught off-guard, stopped for a second before disregarding his action.

“Is that a challenge, you foal?” she said with deep seated but stable anger.

“I'm just asking,” he said calmly, turning a page and reading again.

“Then you die, here and now,” she said, a slight tinge of resentment in her heart. In her heart, she would hurt and cause as much pain as she could to him but she wouldn’t try to kill him. But when hatred and anger are added to the mix, the cookies don’t come out the same. Chaos looked up from the book to her. He wasn’t shocked at her ultimatum. If he was gonna die, he was gonna die quickly instead of slow.

“That works, just let me finish this chapter. Then we can have some fun,” he said looking back to the book and reading. Celestia didn’t wait, rather she charged at him, horn glowing black. He quickly closed the book and threw it at her sideways. The hardbound spine of the book hit her right on the muzzle and she grimaced in pain, her eyes watering. As she opened her eyes, Chaos quickly grabbed the chair, spun around, and swung the chair right into the left side of Celestia’s neck and head. Celestia was tossed sideways as the chair fell to pieces from the hit. As Celestia slowly rolled back up, Chaos threw a chair leg, hitting her in the shoulder. He threw a second one but Celestia grabbed telekinetically and beamed it back, the leg hitting him in the forepaw. He grasped his blue-purple colored lion arm as she rushed him. He snapped and flash teleported behind her, only to get two golden horseshoes to the chest, sending him about six feet back onto his back. He jumped up with a wheeze as the breath was knocked out of him. Celestia blasted a bolt of blackened magic at him and he dodged, running to her left.

As she turned her neck to shoot, he teleported right in front of her turned neck, cocking his lion paw back and superman punching her right in the throat, before throwing a few other to her chest and neck in quick succession. Celestia couldn’t react fast enough and scrambled backwards, gagging, gasping and coughing. Chaos landed a few more jabs on her withers as she recovered. Chaos backed off as she turned towards his, blasting magic at him, which he narrowly dodged. Chaos rushed forward, grabbing her neck with his lion claws, sinking his claws in. He ran under her neck, letting his claws be a focal point as he whipped around her neck and slingshot himself up into the sky, his claws dragging around her neck, starting from the right, going fully around once and then turning up the left side going behind her ear, ending in her upper crest. Her neck immediately began to bleed, but not mortally. She hollered out in pain, looking around for him. Chaos waited on a cloud above. He watched her look around confused. He smirked and jumped off, pencil diving for her back. Celestia’s ear cocked around, hearing him fall. She turned around quickly and shot him out of the air. The blast shot him to the mountain side, hitting the cold stone, dropping to the ground.

She charged at him and he slid under her and kicked with his hoof at her forearm, knocking it out from under her step. She collapsed down as he came out of the slide behind her. He got up and ran back to her, grabbing her wing and twisting it. She yelled in pain and, with magic, grabbed his sapphire blue tail and twisted it backwards. They both tried to outlast each other before Chaos couldn’t take it. He felt something crack and snap, then was thrown into a tree sideways, his back bending around the tree and cracking painfully on it. He struggled to get up, only to be thrown again by Celestia’s magic. He slowly sat up from the dirt, only to see two golden horseshoes coming closer, then the sky tumbling, then the soil, and then cold stone of the mountain. Chaos felt a liquid go down his purple face as he stood again. His focus was off but he could plainly tell that the large, white and shiny blur coming towards him was Celestia. He dropped back to the ground on Celestia’s left in a counter, bringing his dragon leg back and kicking her front left ankle and pastern broadside. A painful wet crack was heard and Celestia fell face first into the stone wall. She screamed out in pain, lifting her leg as she tried to stand. Chaos looked back to see the pastern unnaturally bowed inward, with the coronet and hoof facing outward. He quickly got up and stopped. He thought of how damaged they were, and began to examine himself His skull had a hairline fracture above his right eyebrow with blood seeping out of the gash. His lion arm was deeply bruised and his white neck fur was soaked red. His tail was bent at two unhealthy angles and he was covered in splinters, most inbedded in his left side. He had dirt and soil ground into cuts and he could feel his left eye beginning to swell. Celestia’s neck had a bloody red collar of claw gouges, each beginning to clot, both on their own and with dirt. Her wing was missing a few feathers and her normally white coat was green brown and red. Her pastern was easily dislocated, the cannon if not fractured, her muzzle was bleeding as well.

He had been observing for too long and was blasted back into a tree again. Chaos fell to the ground, his ribs hurting badly. He looked up to see Celestia standing on three hooves, fuming. She hobbled to him and blasted for his head, Chaos dodging. He underdodged, the blast hitting his antler and horn. The antler lost an entire point and the tip of his horn fractured and chipped. Chaos’s head rung like a bell. His head went back as he rolled onto his back, fighting to stay conscious. Celestia stood over him, smirking.

“I had fun. Did you?” she asked evilly. Chaos lurched up and gasped as a bolt of black hate filled magic went straight through his heart. He gazed at her with the death stare, the kind you look like when your afraid and trying to hold onto your life. His breath hitched in his throuat, the life quickly draining out of him. Celestia felt melonchaly as she stood over him. She was glad she was finally killing him, but her caring, motherly and sane nature was screaming at her to help, with the screaming getting louder as anger faded and reality stepped in. She realized what was going to happen. Luna was so attached to him; if she could feel his magic fade, she would get suspicious. She would go crazy again. Celestia’s eyes went wide as she realized the situation. She quickly scrambled to heal him. She tried to stop the bleeding but the hole where his flesh and heart should have been was far too big to close or help. He looked at her frantic try at helping and chuckled. She looked at him with fear in her eyes.

“Huh…that’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for me…to bad it’s too late,” he said sadly. The help had indeed arrived too late. Chaos could feel his life ending, his vision beginning to cloud. His vision went black and his eyes glossed over, feeling weightless, like he was levitating. His body went limp under Celestia and he breathed his last.

Celestia froze in place, horror at her own actions gripping her. She had just killed somepony. And her own nephew of all ponies. She collapsed onto his corpse, her hooves moving over his body as she tried to keep him alive in vain. She wished she hadn’t been so foalish in her reason for hating him. Celestia hated Discord for rutting Luna. Discord, not Chaos. She hated how Discord couldn’t be contained by barriers or rules, being so carefree and chaotic. Chaos was so carefree like his father and chaotic too. Celestia hated how he was like his father, transfering her hatred of Discord down to his son. For Celestia, it didn’t matter if he was Discord or not. She was prejudice to Chaos because of her feelings against his father. She was even prejudice to her own sister after Chaos was born. Chaos was very different from his dad. So soft and caring, quiet and calm, and happy, just like his mother. And he was a child to a mother who deeply loved him, still hoping for his return.

“What have I done?” She choked out between her sobs.

Author's Note:

No!!!!! Chaos!!! Oh wait that's me. Hope ya'll enjoyed and hated the chapter. Anyway, this is NOT the end of the story. Much more could be in store for our cast of characters