• Published 26th Nov 2012
  • 1,063 Views, 27 Comments

Chaos of the Moon - Chaos of Canterlot



Chaos has been abandoned by his mother. He's travelled all across Equestria hoping to find a home

  • ...
1
 27
 1,063

Dust Is Kicked Up

Chaos of the Moon Chapter 5

Yay!!! My editor has reappeared on my map! Special thanks to Dragonz-Wrath for the editing. You helped me a lot. I do not own My Little Pony. All MLP stuff is owned by Hasbro, The Hub, and the awesomely talented Lauren Faust. I own Chaos as my OC. I hope y'all like the story. This chapter is gonna be kinda violent so hold on to your seats…and your monocles *holds onto silver monocle*. Enjoy!!

‘This is thought’
“This is speech”

The sun rose once again in Equestria, ushering in a new day for Chaos. He remembered all the joy he felt from last night, with everypony accepting him into town and becoming his friends. The day began slowly for him but picked up after he ate breakfast. He had a rather interesting discussion with Twilight and Spike about Ponyville’s history. He was very happy and relaxed as they talked. He ran a claw thru his mane and dirt puffed up and made a small mist that descended on the back of his neck. He chuckled slightly.

“Wow, that’s a lot of dirt. I’m gonna go shower.” He said, leaving the kitchen. He ducked his head back around the corner and nervously chuckled. “And by the way where’s the shower at?” Twilight chuckled.

“Upstairs, second door on the left.” With a quick thanks he flew up the stairs, easily finding his desire. He closed the door behind him and tucked himself into the shower, letting the hot water soothe his serpentine body. As he began to scrub his tail with some soap, Twilight and Spike were talking about him.
“I don’t know Twilight, I still this Discord, or Chaos, is still a bit shady,” said the little purple dragon.

“Relax, Spike. It’s not Discord; he just looks like him…a lot. Besides, nothing gives me reason to be cautious about him anymore. He seems like a good pony.” Twilight said, very much so pleased with Chaos’ behavior. Suddenly the room lit up with a bright light and a ZAP, then the light faded away.

“You may think that, my young student, but Discord is very deceiving,” said a soft but stern motherly voice from behind her. Her mentor, Princess Celestia stood behind her, standing over her protectively. Twilight smiled up to her mentor and softly nuzzled into the Princess’ pastel white fur.

“Well no offense Princess, but it seems Discord has changed. He’s really docile and such a gentlestallion now. Maybe he bumped his head or something,” said Twilight, making circles above her head with her hoof and rolling her eyes around wildly. She wished deeply to reason with her mentor, but she noticed her mentor’s demeanor to be nothing short of angry and very agitated.

“I will decide that for myself, Twilight. It’s not that I don’t believe you; it’s just that I don’t trust him. By the way, where is he?” Princess Celestia said with a slightly hurried tone.

“Well…..ummm…he’s in the shower right now,” Twilight said blushing and feeling very awkward.

“Oh,” Celestia said, now slightly flustered. “Well then, I guess we will wait then.” Celestia and Twilight talked for a little while, killing time. The door to the bathroom creaked open. Celestia’s ear cocked back, hearing the slight noise. She stood up immediately and gazed nervously at the small bit of the bathroom that she could see from downstairs. She feared that it could be Discord. The two used to be close friends when she and Luna were foals…but what he had done to Luna; creating that….thing….she feared what else he could do to her subjects and Equestria. ‘If he could create that abomination, what else could he do?’ As Chaos walked out of the bathroom after his refreshing shower, the first thing Celestia saw of him was his antler and horn. Her face paled. ‘He’s back…it can’t be…I’ve got to get rid of him….for good.’ Her soft features hardened, her white fur turning a golden red in anger. Her fury exploded, much like the one when Chaos was born.

Twilight was scared. Standing next to her mentor, she had never seen her this mad or never loving. Her mentor, metaphorical mother, and closest friend went from motherly to being enraged with fury. Celestia’s horn glowed a black and gray mist, with black arcs cascading around it. Her eyes went pitch black and she fired a huge bolt of hate magic at him. The bolt struck the rail of the balcony, disintegrating it to ash. Chaos jumped back in fear his ears ringing at the concussive sound of the magic. He looked down at a somewhat familiar alicorn pony that was visibly furious with Twilight Sparkle yelling something at them. It didn’t matter as she blasted another bolt at him. He dodged quickly, but just barely. It grazed his lion paw and exploded against the wall. He quickly shot down the stairs and out the door. A raging Celestia, with dark sinister magic cracking around her horn, flew after him.

“CHAOS, YOU ABOMINATION!!!! YOU WILL REGRET THE DAY THAT YOU WERE BORN INTO THIS WORLD!!!!” Celestia yelled in her Royal Canterlot Voice. It was brutal on his ears and he waivered slightly in his fleeing. Bursts and bolts of black magic whizzed past and over him. Celestia was Tartarus bent on destroying Chaos and his entire existence. He dodged the attacks, fearing greatly for his life. But when she used her Royal Canterlot Voice, he recognized the tone and who it was: his Aunt Celestia. He remembered how brutally she had treated him as a baby. One time, when Luna left him in her care for a minute, she had hit him multiple times before bucking his tiny frame clear across the room, into the wall. She HATED him.

‘I need to get out of here…fast!’ He thought to himself. He thought of a spot that he would climb up to as a child to find solitude. He was scorded by his mother for being so foolish for going up there without a jacket. After that, he always wore a jacket when going up there. He concentrated his magic, its amber colored power crackling around his snaggletooth. Celestia could sense he was building up magic, and a large amount. She yelled loudly and blasted another bolt at him. The huge black mass of the magic spell barreled towards Chaos. Chaos wasn’t fast enough and the spell hit him square in his back. But as it passed through where he would have been, he was no longer there.

In the mountains overlooking Canterlot…

In a flash of brilliant amber color, Chaos materialized about 20 or so feet over the csnowy cliff. The magic that hit him propelled him forward, face first into the snow. He skid on his face for a few feet, coming face to face with the edge of the cliff. He screamed in pain as he raised his face out of the snow. His face burned from the white wash, but there was a much more intense pain in his back. He craned his neck around to see that both his wings where burned badly. He cried in pain as gritted his teeth as he ever so painfully, outstretched his wings. His Pegasus wing was blackened, most of its feathers half gone or entirely gone. His bat wing was worse off. It no longer was a wing, with all of the bat wing fabric gone. Now it was just an extra appendage with four thin bony fingers wrapped in 2nd degree burned flesh.

The combined smell of the burnt flesh and feathers was appauling, causing Chaos to wretch a few times. He wanted to cool the burning sensation of the burns and slowly laid back, holing the snow would help ease the pain. As he laid back, he screamed out again in pain, the ice cold temperature of the snow touching and rubbing against his exposed and burning flesh. He leaned back up carefully, and cried heavily. He began to check the rest of his body over. Most of his mane was burnt off and his tail tuft was gone. His back fur was burnt and nearly gone, and felt like it was too close to a fire.
He had remembered reading about a healing spell in that guide he read at the Library. He concentrated through the pain to repair most of his minor burns and scrapes. He slowly sat down at the cliff edge, his mismatched feet hanging over the edge. Tears streamed down his muzzle as he looked down on his birthplace of Canterlot. He watched through teary eyes all the unicorns and Pegasi move about in the city busily. The cold, high-altitude wind wrapped around him and made him shudder.

“Mom was right. You do need a jacket up here.” He created a thick, bushy, weather defying coat and put an arm in. He gritted in pain as the jacket, although warm and smooth, rubbed against his still very sensitive and exposed flesh. ‘I had finally found a place that I could live happily. Why is it when everything is finally going right, everything goes wrong in a split second?’ He continued crying, looking at the city, realizing that he was so close to home, yet he’d probably never set foot there ever again.

“Mother!!! If you can hear me, please, SAVE ME!!!” Chaos yelled at the top of his lungs down and across Equestria. An amber colored tear formed and fell from his muzzle down towards Canterlot. It fell down, down, down, freezing in midair, maintaining its teardrop shape and fell upon the nose of the Princess of the Night.