• Published 15th Nov 2012
  • 2,186 Views, 55 Comments

Caramel's Flower - Stratocaster



A crazy winding romance involving one of Ponyville's most ordinary stallions

  • ...
4
 55
 2,186

Go To Her (edited)

Chapter 7: Go To Her

Caramel took a minute to soak in the chaos while he walked on down the street toward home. A game of tennis was playing in his head as he tried to sort out his current situation with Fleur de Lis. He talked to himself discretely, fussing about his options.
“Okay, Fleur de Lis is expecting me to sweep her off her hooves at this point. Which is fine; I don’t see why I shouldn’t. But maybe the fact that Fancypants will have my head might answer that question.” He sighed. “Alright, all I have to do is convince Fleur to let him off slowly, instead of just running off like some fugitive. She’s a sweet gal, she’ll understand. Oh, who am I kidding? She’ll never face Fancypants again; not after that episode. I’m starting to think I should’ve never ended up with that mare. Ugh, this is giving me such a headache. I just need to go home and lie down. This can wait until tomorrow.”
He finally approached his house preparing for another long night of leftovers and Led Zebra songs about female temptation. But before he could enter, an all too familiar voice called to him from next door.
“Caramel!”
Caramel stopped startled and looked to his right. To his disdain, Rarity strode over to him from her boutique. He gulped and prepared to face another onslaught of nosy judgment.
“Rarity? What do you want?” he asked suspicious.
The pearly fashionista approached him with a nervous look. “Can we talk? I feel I need to clear the air about your…situation with Fleur de Lis.”
It was then that Caramel realized that he had been hiding away from Rarity. He knew that he was wrong and she was right.
“Look, Rarity, you don’t have to settle anything. I should have listened to you back at the restaurant. If I had known that your friend was engaged, I never would have gotten myself tangled up in this mess. I’m sorry; you always know what’s best.”
“No, no, Caramel darling, I’m the sorry one. I should’ve just told you after you left. But instead, I was too infuriated to help you and I just sat back as you let yourself be seduced. I was being stubborn as a mule! No offense, Cranky.”
“None taken.” Cranky Doodle Donkey replied as he passed by.
Rarity continued. “Caramel, I realize now how much stress you must be going through right now. I just want you to know that from now on, I am only going to help you through this. You’re my friend and neighbor, and I can’t just be a bystander.”
“Wow, thanks Rarity. You’re taking this better than I expected.”
“Trust me, dear; a lady like moi knows the book of relationship drama. Why, in fact, there was this one occasion with me and Prince Blueblood where…uh, never mind. So, have you told anypony else about your affair?”
“I’ve only told Time Turner so far. He was a bit shaken at first, but he agreed to keep quiet about everything. I wonder how he’s doing right now.”

“Please! Stop! I can’t take anymore!”
“Talk, you miserable son of a draftpony!”
The Cutie Mark Cupids held down Time Turner on the floor, as they interrogated him harshly. The brown stallion writhed in anguish as the fillies tortured him. He sputtered with a full mouth as he struggled to speak.
“No more! No more! I beg of you!”
“I’ll ask you again.” Sweetie Belle snarled. “What is Caramel going to do with Fleur de Lis? Tell us!”
“You’re insane! This is against the Celestia Convention!” cried Time Turner.
“Give it to him again, Applebloom.” Scootaloo said.
With an evil grin, Applebloom stuffed an apple through a food processor, sending the remains through a funnel into Time Turner’s mouth. He agonizingly gulped down the mushy apple innards without any freewill. The little torture masters had been force feeding him applesauce for a good forty-five minutes, and his stomach began to show a great deal of gained weight. Time Turner coughed and sputtered more after swallowing the tang of the mashed bits he had tasted for the entire ordeal.
“Alright, alright, I’ll talk!” he yelled in desperation. “Please, just no more apples! I can’t even move!”
“Spill the beans, Turner.” Scootaloo ordered.
“Caramel is going to convince Fleur de Lis to break it off with Fancypants, so he’ll be able to live with her. He’ll be leaving for Canterlot soon and he really wants to run off with her. That’s all he told me, I swear!”
“I knew it.” Sweetie Belle said. “That temptress has got Caramel under her spell.”
“And after all that mopin’ about Sassaflash.” Applebloom sighed. “He’s completely forgotten about his love for her.”
“Not for long. Come on, Cuties,” reveled Scootaloo. “There’s still work to be done if we’re going to save Caramel from that mare’s trance.”
“Cutie Mark Cupids, move out!” said Sweetie Belle as she cantered out of the house followed by her two comrades.
“Wait, where are you fillies going?” called Time Turner still on the floor.
Applebloom stopped at the doorway and looked back at him menacingly. “Clean yerself up, ya apple hater.” She scampered off.
Time Turner wriggled on the floor, trying to get up on his hooves. But his stuffed gut only allowed him to roll over on his front like a water balloon. Slowly but surely, he made his way crawling up the stairs and down the hall to his bathroom. Upon finally reaching the toilet, Time Turner vomited which a pained wretch. He lied on the bathroom floor and stared upward, wondering if he would ever be able to eat apples again.

Caramel invited Rarity into his house to clear the tension out of their friendship. After putting the tea on, the two sat down to chat for a bit. Then, Caramel turned to the subject at hoof and explained to Rarity about the fiasco at the Stable Inn.
“So you’re telling me she just threw her ring at him and ran off with you?” asked Rarity.
“I know that kind of sounds like some weirdo romantic’s fantasy,” replied Caramel. “But that’s pretty much what happened.”
“I hear you; Fleur is a good friend, but she’s a bit hotheaded. At least it wasn’t your idea to elope with her in the first place.”
“Yeah, but that’s the problem. I’m not sure if I should do it or not. I really love Fleur, but I’m afraid I might be biting off more than I can chew. Maybe she’ll let Fancypants off easy so we can be together. But I seriously doubt I’ll convince her. Time Turner won’t have anything to do with it. So I guess I should come to you for advice. Like I said, you know what’s best.”
“That’s sweet of you to say, Caramel. Normally I would still be mad at you about this. And I would just give you more heat about abandoning your feelings for Sassaflash and what not. But I did some thinking since that little argument. And all this grudging about you has halted my designing. So do you know what I think you should do? I say go for it!”
“Wait, really?” he asked a bit surprised.
“Caramel, it was wrong of me to guilt trip you about this affair. You’ve been absolutely miserable for a good while. So if this makes you happy, I won’t get in your way. Fancypants or no Fancypants, you and Fleur de Lis will be very happy together. You deserve her.”
“Gee, you really think I should? I mean, Fancypants is still-”
“Oh Fancypants is a pushover. I’ll talk to him and do everything in my power to make sure you and Fleur will not be bothered.”
Caramel smiled with a glimmer in his eyes. “Thanks, Rarity. I don’t know where I would be without you.”
“Yes, I’ve heard that a lot.” Rarity tossed aside her purple mane and fluttered her lashes with vanity.
“So, I guess I’ll go to Canterlot and tell her tomorrow?” asked Caramel.
“Au contraire, you shouldn’t have to wait. You should be on your way now to start anew.” She touched his shoulder and smiled. “Go to her, Caramel; she’s waiting for you.”
Caramel only responded with a nod. With that, he bolted out the door and down the street back toward the train station. He hoped to Celestia that Fleur de Lis’s train hadn’t departed yet as he galloped onward. Upon finally reaching the station, he caught sight of somepony sitting on one of the benches outside. Miraculously, Fleur de Lis sat and stared at him with a bright smile. Caramel walked up to her curious.
“Fleur? I thought you were leaving.” He said.
“I changed my mind.” Fleur de Lis replied and got up. “I just can’t stand to be that far away from you, Caramel. Is there something you wanted to tell me?”
Caramel exhaled quickly, building up the nerve to give her his answer. Without a word, he grabbed Fleur de Lis in a lover’s embrace and tilted her backward, as he locked his lips with hers. The rose white unicorn was overcome with surprise as he parted to look in her eyes.
“Fleur, I want to do it.” He told her with newfound courage. “I want to live with you for as long as possible. I don’t even care about your engagement anymore. Fleur, babe, I love you!”
Fleur de Lis’s eyes swelled with tears of joy as she wrapped her hooves behind his head.
“Oh Caramel, I knew you would say yes!”
They locked lips again and held for a bit, before leaving the station together. The sun set as they walked into town.
“You knew I would come back, didn’t you?” Caramel asked her, teasingly. “I guess you know a few tricks then.”
Fleur de Lis grinned seductively. “Why don’t I show you some of them at your place?”
Caramel blushed.

It was pure bliss. Caramel seemed happier than ever when he spent the night with Fleur de Lis. The new couple celebrated their love with a few glasses of cider and curling up by the fire, rekindling the magic of their first night together. Before long, Luna’s night had completely settled, and the time seemed right. Caramel retired to his bedroom with the mare of his dreams; Fleur de Lis giggled as he awkwardly swept a box of mare model pictures into his closet. Without further waiting, the two climbed into bed and snuggled in a warm embrace. A sensation of heat rose as they kissed and rubbed each other softly. After their long sweet moment of cuddling, Caramel and Fleur de Lis eventually fell asleep in each other’s hooves, nuzzling their faces together; both of them would dream of the sensation they had just sparked.

The doorbell rang the next morning as Caramel opened his eyes awakening. He found himself staring at the sleeping Fleur de Lis curled up beside him in his bed and smiled, remembering every joyous moment of the night before. Reminding himself of the doorbell, Caramel slowly climbed out of bed, as not to disturb his sleeping partner, and stretched before making his way downstairs to the front door. With a crack of his back and a yawn, he opened the door, not focusing on who the visitor might be. Then, Caramel gawked in surprise when he saw her.
“Um…hi, Caramel.” She said.
“…S- S- S- Sassaflash?!”