• Published 3rd Sep 2011
  • 5,612 Views, 93 Comments

The Story of Reik: The Communist Revolutionary: MLP - Reik



The story of Reik. A pony trying to spread Communism across Equestria.

  • ...
2
 93
 5,612

Chapter 8: Princess Celestia

CELESTIA PAUSED AS the castle shook. Her retinue of five guards stopped as well. Celestia’s attempts at magically assessing the situation, to locate Reik and the rouge guard she needed her magic, but that odd talisman the revolutionaries had when they escaped the castle was disrupting her attempts. It was as if a dark cloud hung over the entire city, where once she knew what was happening across her domain in every nook and cranny at all times, she was now virtually blind. The shacking subsided and Celestia’s guards looked to her for guidance, their eyes and expressions where laced with fear.

“The castle is under attack, have no doubt that that is the reality, but this city will not be undone by two of my stray subjects.” The guards nodded, their chests puffed with some sense of bravado. Celestia smiled, attempting to kindle some sense of courage in her subjects. Underneath the false mask Celestia was in panic.

Reik was back, he was finally waging his long sought after revolution. Celestia always knew he was attempting to gain followers, she hadn’t just sent him out of the castle and into the world without somepony to keep an eye on him. She assumed he would eventually give up and fall back into line with the rest of society, perhaps he might even be allowed after some time back into the royal court. She cursed herself for the way she dealt with the entire situation; she treated him like a mother would treat a wayward child, lost in phase. Celestia cursed herself again when she realized how much she was dwelling on the past. Reik did not understand the damage he was about to unleash, Equestria was about to fall into an era of darkness and repression and reminiscing about the past would bear no fruit. She gathered her thoughts. Two ponies appeared at the side of the travelling parade, one old and clad in an intricately woven night gown, Eric, the economic advisor. Beside him was a tall pony, bristling with muscle and armor, Max, the master of the guards. Both where flanked by the guards Celestia had dispatched for them.

“What is happening? Are we under attack?” Blurted Eric, he trembled with fear. Max flashed a look of annoyance at the shriveled pony. “Of course we’re under attack you old mule!” The two officials stared at each other, daring the other to make the first move. Celestia stepped between the two.

“Officials, the stability of Equestria is at stake, the only reason I called upon you two is because a veil has been cast over Canterlot, diminishing all forms of magic. Time is of the essence, the castle will be destroyed in only a few hours, I have already commanded that all guards that are not in pursuit of the revolutionaries to begin evacuations. Now be silent and listen.” The officials shrank with each word until each was but a sullen husk of its former state. Eventually Max cleared his throat and spoke.

“Who are we facing precisely?” Unlike Eric and Celestia, Max was employed after Reik’s banishment. Celestia answered, her voice was solemn. “My old political advisor, Reik. He was banished long ago for inciting rebellion, it was a forced decision that I regret.” Max’s expression sank, he had heard of this pony from the other ponies in the castle. He also knew who was with him. “Vladimir, one of my guards has gone missing an-” Celestia cut him off. “That is already established, since Reik’s banishment that guard has successfully arranged multiple caches of explosives across the city and they will be detonated in about two hours.” Max shrank at the response, slightly ashamed that one of his own had committed such an act. Eric regained his composure and stepped forward.

“Well, how far are we along in the evacuation efforts?” Celestia faced him. “The city will be cleared before the bombs detonate, of that I am sure.” Eric nodded and continued. “And what will become of Ponyville?” Celestia paused. She had gone over the situation multiple times, each time she hated her conclusion more and more. “They will have to endure. We do not have enough resources to evacuate them, and by the time we reach full strength, Reik’s plan will have reached fruition.” The three strongest figures in Canterlot stood in silence, a party of guards forming a circle around them. No pony objected, no pony even took a breath. It had been decided, they had just condemned an entire village to Reik’s wrath. The rolling wind outside the castles walls where all that could be heard. The guards along one edge of the defensive circle parted, bowing low as they stepped apart. The small purple form of Princess Luna stepped forward.

“Who is this Reik and why is he waging war against the castle?” her voice was similar to her older sisters, it commanded attention and recognition. Celestia approached her sister, comforted to see a kinder face than those who surrounded her. “He and his revolution are the ramifications of my mistakes. But you my sister will make the decisions for now; you will lead the citizens of Canterlot to saftey.” Every pony in the vicinity took in a sharp breath. Max advanced on Celestia. “What? Why will you not lead us, what is this?” His voice was shaky. “I will not abandon my subjects; I will not let them drown in my wrongdoings.” She waved away Max and Eric’s coming objections and continued to address her sister. “Can you accept these responsibilities Luna?” The princess’s younger sister wore a look of fear and confusion. Luna took a trembling step back. “Luna, we must all go through trials to prove our conviction and potential, I know you can do this.” Luna immediately removed her grimace and replaced it with a look of conviction, more in an effort to convince herself than for any actual reason. “Y-yes, I will do this, it will be done sister.” Celestia breathed a sigh of relief, happy to have at least one victory to be proud of. She approached one of the many stained glass windows that rested along the wall. She unlocked the mechanism attached the window and flung the panel open. A massive gust of freezing wind rushed into the hallway, causing many guards to break into sporadic shivers. “Guards, officials, sister, it has been wonderful having this conversation but unfortunately I must prepare for the occupation of Ponyville. Good luck to you all.” Celestia flung herself out the window and into the frigid winds. She fell for several seconds, relishing the freedom of falling. Her wings extended and caught the wind; she was flying, over, under, and around the twisting spires of Canterlot. She passed the burning ruin that was the guard’s headquarters. From above the city she saw ponies leaving their homes, guards ushering them along the avenues leading out of the doomed city.