• Published 3rd Sep 2011
  • 5,612 Views, 93 Comments

The Story of Reik: The Communist Revolutionary: MLP - Reik



The story of Reik. A pony trying to spread Communism across Equestria.

  • ...
2
 93
 5,612

Chapter 17: Constitution of The Socialist Territory of Ponyville

Constitution of the Socialist Territory of Ponyville

It is in the best wishes of the workers of Equestia that we, as the proletariat that has until now supported the wishes of the bourgeois, release ourselves from the chains of oppression and seize political power from the few that would wish to keep us in poverty. It is according to those best wishes that we establish our own society, economy, and government, which will, until such times as it proves to be unnecessary, safe guard and support, the will of the worker.

Article One

A: The Ponyville Commune, the supreme governing body within the Socialist Territory of Ponyville, shall be composed of the following seats that will be occupied by ponies, democratically elected by a two thirds majority vote.

Commissar for Defense, Commissar for Industry, Commissar for Agriculture, Commissar for Logistics, Commissar for Infrastructure, Commissar for Public Relations, Commissar for Education, Chairman.

The duties of the Commune are to establish laws and serve the general wishes of the masses, or to create sub communes which are required to fulfill equivalent duties.

B: All bills, resolutions, or similar suggestions brought up within any Commune, be it supreme or below the supreme, shall be ratified by a majority vote but is then to be vetoed or accepted by the chairman.
In such times that a veto has occurred, a complete affirmative vote is required to veto the chairman’s decision.
All periods of voting are to be followed by a period of debate held at the discretion of the Commune.

Article Two

A: The following actions are too occur and are beyond the ability of the Commune to alter.
1. Abolition of private property and the application of all rents of land to public purposes.
2. A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.
3. Abolition of all rights of inheritance.
4. Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.
5. Centralization of credit in the hands of the state, by means of a national bank with State capital and an exclusive monopoly.
6. Centralization of the means of communications and transportation in the hands of the State.
7. Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the state, the bringing into cultivation of waste lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.
8. Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.
9. Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries, gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equitable distribution of population over the country. 10. Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production.

Article Three

In such times that a seat in the Commune has shown that it is unfit or unable to fulfill its duty, a majority vote, held by the Commune, shall be required to remove the occupant of said seat.

Let it be known that it is by these laws, standards, and rules that the Socialist Territory of Ponyville shall be governed.