• Published 14th Nov 2012
  • 1,508 Views, 116 Comments

The Luna Diaries - The-rogue-shadow



A look inside the mind of Princess Luna as she tries to adjust to modern Equestria

  • ...
3
 116
 1,508

Entry 16

Dear Diary,

I talked to Tia today, and it seemed to go well. I’ve learnt since I got back that the easiest time to talk to Tia is during meals because she is… preoccupied. So during breakfast I asked her to speak to Shining Armour about the way the day guards are treating my night guards. She promised to do so, but her tone sounded insincere. I pray that she isn’t telling me this only to placate me and make me forget about it all.

I was determined to make sure that some action was taken, so I personally headed out to the guard house to talk to Shining Armour. I was in my disguise at the time and I found out something very interesting at that point; not all of the guard is aware of my scholastic activities. I was turned away at least three times and even threatened before Shining Armour happened to walk out to see what the commotion was about. If any of the nobles had been passing by at that point, they would have gotten a very strange scene where a pair of guards were hastily bowing and apologising to a school filly while the captain of the guard laughed behind them.

I like Shining Armour. For a career soldier, he’s a remarkably outgoing pony. Silver Wing once told me a story about the first time Shining had ever taken command. He went to every single one of his men and made it a point to learn their names and become friends with them, simply because it was the kind of pony he was. I explained the situation and told him the Celestia may or may not be speaking with him about it. He swore to try and help the situation, but did make a point to explain to me that it would be impossible to completely stamp out the bullying, but he said he would try his best.

***

Miss PrimProse had us write a report of our trip to Trottingham, which for whatever reason, seemed to take us all day. I imagine it was because all of the students couldn’t stop discussing what we did and our impressions about the castles and such. Ponehenge came up at one point and it took all of my will power not to tell them the truth and ruin the mystique surrounding the landmark.

At the end of the day Miss PrimProse gave each of us the results from our first term. Even though I’ve only been at the school for a few weeks, I still got the results from what work I had done. My results are as follows;

Astronomy: A+
Flying: A
History: A
Physics: C+
Advanced Mathematics: C+

I’m reluctant to show Tia my results, purely because I have no idea how she is going to react. I may need to sleep on this decision. I do hope that when I tell her that she’s not too disappointed.