• Published 14th Nov 2012
  • 1,508 Views, 116 Comments

The Luna Diaries - The-rogue-shadow



A look inside the mind of Princess Luna as she tries to adjust to modern Equestria

  • ...
3
 116
 1,508

Entry 14

Dear Diary,

We left our makeshift campsite not long after dawn, with not a single pony unhappy with the adventure. Since it was our last day in Trottingham, we were given free reign over what we did, as long as we stayed within our groups and didn’t do anything dangerous or against the law. All of us, even Sly, agreed to go down the main street and explore the multitude of stores that lined the cobblestone street. Each one had previously been a store in older times, and most of them had kept that same aesthetic. Aurora, Nebula and I ducked into a book store while Sunbeam, Sly and Miss PrimProse went into a souvenir shop that was next door. It didn’t take long for us to find the braille section for Aurora, and she found herself a copy of “The encyclopaedia of Equestrian Mythology” which she told me was a collection of a bunch of old stories, including “The Mare in the Moon” story. When I heard that, I immediately found myself a text copy so that I could research what has been written about me in my absence.

The next store we went to was a place that Sly, Nebula and Sunbeam were very excited to see. The store was called “Gifts for the Geek” and featured a bunch of figurines and books, both comics and regular ones. But the regular books all had something to do with something fantasy related. An entire bookshelf had books related to something called “Dungeons and Dragons,” which I discovered was a fantasy board game. I also found a bunch of rubber swords and axes and other types of weapons, and Nebula told me that they were used for something called “Larping.”

Since we had been put in the group together, Sly had seemed to forgive me for throwing me out of the window, to some degree at least. I saw him purchasing a book, and when I approached, he only jumped slightly when he saw me. Then once he realised I wasn’t going to hurt him, he seemed to warm up to me a bit more. We got to have a bit of a conversation about the book he had bought, which was apparently a mock survival guide on a zombie apocalypse. He told me that he had an entire plan set up for the worst case scenario of a zombie outbreak. I have to admit, even though what we were talking about something completely ridiculous, it was great to actually be talking to him.

We left the store and walked around for a few more hours before we had to head back in time to catch the train to Canterlot. It was great to be out of the castle for a few days, and even though I am at home in my room, I still find myself thinking of all the amazing times I had in Trottingham, not to mention the farmland outside of the city.

Right. Bedtime. I have to do a fair bit of studying in the archives tomorrow. I am determined to find out the purpose of the Ponehenge stones.