• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 2,527 Views, 91 Comments

The Adventures of Ponybuscus - Supahsnail



After downloading an unnamed MLP game, Tobuscus creates a new commentary

  • ...
6
 91
 2,527

LEARNING!

Toby was trailing a few feet behind Twilight and her friends. They were traveling to Canterlot on a wide dirt road. Ponyville was no longer in sight, and it hadn't been for quite some time.

"Hello once again, audience!" Toby said. Applejack was the only one who was already used to him saying that every ten or so minutes. "When we left off, I fought a flying ninja pony of darkness. Actually, I think we just left him on the floor, but I'm sure that will work itself out. Now, we're walking along the road... the road of destiny. I actually started recording earlier, but nothing interesting was happening. I even tried to make a walking song, but I couldn't think of any good words that rhyme with "Walking". We've been walking for a really long time!"

"Uhh!" Rainbow Dash grunted. "He talks to himself more than Pinkie Pie does!"

"Don't listen to her, Pinkie. You don't talk to yourself," said Pinkie.

"THAT ONE'S PINKIE PIE!" Toby yelled as he pointed to the Pink pony. "I learned their names! You guys know how much I like learning! Look at me learning stuff! I've already gotten something done in this episode! I should just pause it now and end this episode on a high note. Okay, here's the plan. I'm gonna do nothing significant for the rest of the episode, because if I start doing things, I'm gonna completely finish the game in one episode. That wouldn't be any fun. Let's be honest."

"Oh, great!" Toby exlaimed randomly. "Someone's mowing the lawn!"

Twilight looked around to see what Toby was talking about, but saw nothing.

"It is seven thirty in the morning on a Wednessday!" Toby yelled at no one. "WHY ARE YOU MOWING THE LAWN!? My neighbors love it when I yell at them. YOU ARE DOING THIS EVERY DAY! GRASS DOESN'T GROW THAT FAST HERE! GRASS DOESN'T GROW THAT FAST ANYWHERE!"

"Um..." Fluttershy said as she tried to approach Toby, but she jumped back when he started to yell again.

"OH, PERFECT! Now someone else is mowing the lawn too! Can you hear that? They're having a lawn mowing party! I kind of want to join them now, aside from the physical labor part... Let's go ask some questions while we wait, shall we?" He cleared his throat for no particular reason an walked next to Twilight. At first, Twilight wanted to avoid a conversation with him, but then she decided that it would be better than him talking to himself.

"Yes," she said to Toby. "Is there something you need?"

"Questions! I have questions!" Toby announced.

"I'm quite good with those," Twilight said with a hint of pride. "What do you want to know?"

"I would like to know exactly what that murder demon that attacked me at the library was; and skip the boring parts please."

"Murder demon? Do you mean the changeling?" Twilight asked.

"So that's what the kids are calling them these days," said Toby.

"Um... yes," Twilight said dismissively. "They're nasty, insect-like creatures that can copy the voice and appearance of anypony they see."

"Oh my God!" Toby exclaimed. "Is this gonna be like that part in Fringe - SPONSOR! - where that guy got copied by that other guy and it took everyone like five episodes to figure it out?"

"I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, but I think you're as close to understanding this as you're going to get," said Twilight.

"Can they explode?" Toby asked.

"... Not that I know of..." Twilight said confused.

"Phew!" Toby said with relief. "That's good! I have very bad luck with exploding things."

"Uhuh," said Twilight, who was no longer listening to him.

"Hey, Twilight," Rainbow Dash said as she tapped her friend on the shoulder. "Are these the same changelings that crashed your brother's wedding?"

"I heard that!" Toby announced. "What's all this about brother wedding crashes? Are you holding out on me? HUH?"

"We had some trouble with changelings a few months ago," Twilight explained. "But that's nothing either of you need to worry about. It's possibly, but highly unlikely. There's probably hundreds of changeling hives scattered across the world. What are the odds of seeing the same one twice?"

"Probably about the same odds as... GRIFFON, YOU SHUT YOUR LITTLE DOGGY MOUTH! I'M MAKING A VIDEO!" Toby screamed at nobody.

"Aww!" Pinkie Pie exclaimed. "Griffon looks adorable!"

"Um... What are you talking about?" Toby asked.

"Your dog, silly!" said Pinkie. "He's so small and fluffy!"

"Oh, Pinkie, what are you talking about?" asked Rarity.

"You can't see it?" she asked. "Aw, that's too bad. He's super adorable!"

"Okay... That's creepy," Toby said before walking past Pinkie.

The road got steep as they started to walk up a high hill. Rainbow Dash flew up in the air far above Toby's head. She looked around for less than a second before saying, "We're here! I see Canterlot over that hill!"

"Canterlot?" Toby said as Twilight rushed past him to the top of the hill. "That's a beautiful name!"

Toby and the others caught up with Twilight. The city of Canterlot was clearly visible, stretching out of the side of a nearby mountain. Its buildings were made of marble and stone, and the city had a well placed waterfall flowing down its center. Twilight pointed to the largest building, a marble castle with four towers on each of its corners. "That's Canterlot castle," she said to Toby. "That's were we're going."

"Wow!" Said Toby. "That city is so nice, I think should sing about it."

"Please don't," said Applejack as she continued along the path.

"You're no fun!" Toby said disappointed.

With Applejack now in the front, the seven ponies walked along the rest of the path. Toby was humming a song that none of the others recognized and tried to ignore. After a little more than a minute, the dirt road changed to a marble path. They had made it to Canterlot with surprisingly little incident.

"Hold on, what time is it? I gotta pause it," Toby said. "Thanks for watching! Click the annotation in the top right to watch the next video. Bless your face! If you sneezed during this video, bless you! Peace off. BOOP!"