• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 2,528 Views, 91 Comments

The Adventures of Ponybuscus - Supahsnail



After downloading an unnamed MLP game, Tobuscus creates a new commentary

  • ...
6
 91
 2,528

I'M DEAD!

"Hello Once again, audience!" Tobuscus said with cheer. He was standing on a stone walkway in front of a set of stairs. At the top of the stairs was the Canterlot Castle. In full view, it was much more impressive than it looked from a distance as it towered over the rest of the city. His six companions were already making up the stairs while he continued talking. "When we left off, I was walking a lot. In fact, that's just about the only thing I did in the last episode. Nothing was accomplished. You can probably skip that episode and it wouldn't make a difference. Well, I mean it's too late now, because you're probably watching these in order, but hey, useless episodes are half the fun. They don't have any of that silly progress in the way to distract you from how awesome I am."

"Toby, we're in a bit of a hurry!" Twilight called from atop the stairs.

Toby began to follow her up the stairs saying, "Why do ponies even use stairs? I can't even use stairs with two legs without falling. This is dangerous!" When he reached the top, he immediantly saw the grand entrance to the Canterlot Castle. It was adorned with gold and Ivory at all of its edges. There was another, much shorter staircase that lead to the entrance. "OOH! DOUBLE DOORS! That is awesome! You know how much I love double doors! That is like my favorite ammount of doors!"

The other six had already started to enter the Castle, Twilight was last and she waited for Toby before going in. Toby walked inside and she closed the door behind them.

"Maybe he should stay here." Rarity whispered to Twilight. "He doesn't seem to have an off switch no matter who he's talking to."

"You're probably right," Twilight replied. "It's best that we avoid letting him act like this around the princess."

They both looked at Toby. He was staring at the two guards that were ptotecting the door to the throne room. Both of the guards were white pegasi with golden armor covering most of their bodies. Remarkably, Toby wasn't talking. He was just moving back and forth and watching their eyes follow him.

"Toby, I think you should stay here instead of going with us." Twilight said.

"Aww! Why?" Toby asked dissapointed.

Twilight thought of a responce. "Well, she isn't expecting to see you, and we really don't have time to explain why you're here."

Toby started to talk to himself again. "Is this part of the story? Am I not allowed to go to the meeting? Will the game even let me? Uhh! I really should have read more about this before I downloaded it!"

While Toby talked to himself, Twilight walked past Toby and opened the door to the throne room. The other five mares walked past her into the grand hall where Celestia sat. Twilight was still holding the door open and looking at Toby. "It's very important that you don't interrupt this." She added. "Do you understand?"

"PFFT! Of course I understand!" said Toby. "I promise!"

Twilight looked at him sceptically, but closed the door instead of saying anything else, leaving Toby by himself aside from the two guards at the door.

Toby looked around the room after only a few seconds of silence. He saw nothing to entertain himself. All he saw was some furniture and a few paintings. "Oh.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUN!" He yelled. "This place is perfect! I love this game! It has walking... and more walking... And now it even has a waiting room! If this turns out to be a puzzle game, I am going to pee all over my keyboard!"

Toby walked around the room twice, constantly looking up to see if anything changed on the ceiling. Nothing did. After passing a green stain glass window twice, he finally noticed it. It was on the opposite side from the entrance, offering a view of the inside of the the throne room.

"Holy interior window!" Toby exclaimed. "Why would anyone even build that? Is it for symmetry? You guys know how much I love symmetry!"

He walked to the window and brought his head as close to it as possible. His nose bumped against the glass, but he didn't notice. Everything he saw on the other side had a green tint, but he could still easily make out what he was looking at. His six Ponyville friends were standing in a half circle in front of the princess. They seemed to be listening to the princess speak, but Toby couldn't hear a word that she said. The princess was a tall, white alicorn with a multicolored pastel mane and tail. She had a horn and a set of brilliant wings, but Toby was focused on only one facial feature, her long and flat nose.

"Why is her nose shaped like that?" He asked himself. "Isn't that a guy nose? Shouldn't her nose be short and round? I thought noses were the way to tell genders apart. I don't understand." He looked away from the window and went back to looking around the room. "Well, this is boring." He stated. "Am I supposed to wait, or is there something I need to do? Maybe there's something in my inventory that I can use..." He stood perfectly still and continued talking. "Let us see what... OH! What is that? A flower!? Where did I get a flower? ...'would you like to equipt this item?' Of course I would! Gimme gimme, thank you!" A small, red rose appeared out of thin air into his now outstreached hoof. The two guards looked at each other and then stared at the flower in amazement.

"YAY!" Toby screamed in excitement. "I have a flower! Look everybody! I have a flower!" He dropped the flower on the ground near the guards' hoofs and started bouncing in a circle. "Yay!" he cried. "We're on a merry-go-round of friendship! Dance with me! DANCE WITH ME!"

The guards stared at the flower then went back to pretending that Toby wasn't there. It was becoming more difficult now that he was dancing in front of them.

After Toby finished his third circle, he was interrupted by a loud crashing sound. It sounded lie breaking glass. Before he could stop and exclaim, "What was that?" the sound interrupted him again... and again.

"WHAT IS THAT NOISE?" He yelled. The two guards had run out of the room toward the sound, though Toby didn't even notice them leave. "ARE YOU GUYS HAVING A WILD PARTY IN THERE?" He walked over to the window saying, "You guys know what I said about wild parties! Never have them unless I'm invited and there's free food." At this point, Toby could barely hear himself talk because the castle was filled with the sounds of glass breaking and an eery buzzing noise that Toby failed to notice.

He looked through the interior window again to see that the Grand Hall was much less orderly than it was before. The room was filled with changelings, at least a hundred of them. They created a constant haze of black as they buzzed through the room as if they were a storm cloud. There was no sign of any of the ponies who were previously in the room, aside from a few flashes of yellow and purple light. Toby, who hadn't been paying attention to anything up to this point, had absolutely no idea where they came from or even why they were there. "Holy murder balls! What is... how the... WHEN DID THIS EVEN HAPPEN?" He screamed.

Toby remembered that fighting just one of these creatures was difficult enough and running into a room filled with a hundred of them would easily result in death. With that line of logic, he ran into a room filled with a hundred of them. He opened the now unguarded doors and took two steps into the room. Before he could yell booya, he was completely surrounded by changelings. The only thing he could see was their black bodies and blue wings.

Struck with the realization of exactly what he had gotten himself into, Toby tried to push his way back to the door. He had forgotten wich direction the door was in, and the changelings made it impossible to see where he was. He just ran in a random direction that looked right. "No, no, no, don't kill me!" He screamed after being nocked over and working back to his hoofs. "You suck! You all suck!"

After being nocked over a few more times, he saw his best chance to get out. A window was in view, the glass had been completely shattered and it was more than large enough for him to jump through. Any other escape was crawling with changelings.

Toby picked himself back up and took two, small steps back. "It's okay guys!" He said to no one. "I saw this in a video game!"

He ran forward, pushing past a few changelings, and lept into the window. What Toby hadn't noticed was that the window that he had jumped out of was facing the cliff's steep drop. There was no ground beneath him for hundreds of feet. As he lept out the window, he began to yell, "BOOYAAAA-" Then he looked down. "AAAA-I'M DEAD!!!!!!!!" He flailed his front legs helplessly. His hind hoofs were briefly caught on the window frame, causing him to slam into the side of the castle. He closed his eyes and expected to fall to his death, but when he looked down he saw that he wasn't falling. His front hoofs were latched onto a low hanging flag pole, and hugging it tightly. "SHIFT!" he yelled. "SHIFT is the grab onto things button!" He looked to his left to see a solid marble platform only a few feet away, but it was still out of his reach. His grip began to slip. "NO, SHIFT! DON'T LET ME DOWN! I NEED YOU!" He cried.


"When was the last time I saved the game? Have I ever saved the game?" He asked. "Oh no! OH NOOOOO!" He looked down and quickly turned away. "Hee hee..." He said nervously. "I gotta freaking pause it. Thanks for watching! Click the annotation in the top right to watch the next video! Bless your face. If you sneezed or fell out of a window into a death hole during this video, bless you... URGH! ...Peace the hell off... Boop."