• Published 11th Nov 2012
  • 2,143 Views, 60 Comments

Rainbow Dash Goes to Biology Class - Dashie Auditore



Rainbow Dash goes with Twilight Sparkle to Biology Class

  • ...
3
 60
 2,143

Tag you're it

“-And as the night sky crept behind the horizon, the new sun rose in a grand and spectacular entrance over the mountain ridge, ready to start the new day. The End.” Twilight finished the story for the baby phoenix. Peewee had been asleep for a while, but Twilight enjoyed the book too much to not finish it each time it was read.

Normally Twilight Sparkle would also fall to sleep shortly after finishing the book, but since it was only three o’clock in the afternoon, she simply wasn't going to. Though it was the bird’s last nap before bed, the only way to get him asleep was by reading a story of some kind.

She thought a few moments about their slowly growing family. First it was just Spike and herself, then came along Owlowicious, and now there is Peewee. Twilight wondered if next they would be taking in a dog, or a bear cub, or even a Manticore. At this rate, Twilight thought, she would be the owner of every species in Equestria before the end of the year.

The front door opening was barely heard all the way upstairs in her bedroom. Twilight hopped her way downstairs and was surprised to see the front door wide open, but no one in the library.

“Huh, it must have been the wind.” Twilight shrugged. She walked over and closed the door and gave it a quick look over to see if it was closing correctly, which it was.

The sound of fast hooves sprinting on the wood floor spooked the unicorn. Twilight jumped a full one hundred and eighty degrees and started looking around for whoever was there with her. Her heart beat a little faster than normal. Once again, she saw no pony at all, and Spike was out being an errand boy for Rarity, so it couldn't have been him.

“Calm down Twilight, maybe you’re just hearing things.” She tried to reassure herself that she was safe. As the unicorn stood there looking around for the slightest sign of another pony in the library, the fact she wasn't seeing anyone was making her believe that her mind was playing tricks on her.

Slowly she started to the kitchen for a glass of milk to calm her jumpy nerves. Step by step she moved closer to the door looking all around just to be extra sure she was alone. Finally, when her nerves had subsided, she reached the kitchen door. She opened it with a sigh of relief and…

“TAG!” Some pony screamed shooting out of the kitchen door faster than Twilight could keep up with. The unknown voice slammed straight into the purple mare and the two skidded against the ground almost all the way back to the front door. When Twilight opened her eyes she was slightly in understanding of it all when she saw the unknown voice was somepony she knew. “You’re it.”

“Rainbow, you scared me!” Twilight said pushing the cyan Pegasus off her.

“I know--you should have seen the look on your face.” Dash laughed holding her sides. Twilight’s face scrunched a little in annoyance at her friend’s attempt to frighten her; mostly because it succeeded. After a few seconds, though, Twilight couldn't help but think it was a pretty good scare, but she wasn't sure why Dash said “tag” since a simple “surprise” would suffice.

“Okay, you got me, but what was with the ‘tag you’re it’?” Twilight asked with a small chuckle.

“Oh, Pinkie Pie, AJ, and I've been playing the longest game of tag and I always try to surprise them when we play, so I just say ‘tag’ when I surprise any of them. Guess I just got a little carried away. Anyways, what are you doing tomorrow?” Rainbow Dash couldn't really stay on topic for very long.

“Well, I’m going up to Canterlot for a special presentation in biology. It’s on the anatomy and structure of physical bodies known in Equestria.”

“Is that even Equine?” Dash said with her head tilted to the side.

“It’s a class about what some of the creatures in Equestria are made of. And it’s being presented by an idol of mine in the field of science and I really want to go watch it.” Twilight sighed, but then she had a spark of an idea. “Hey, why don’t you come with me to Canterlot to attend it with me?”

“Uh, Twilight, it’s me Rainbow Dash. The last thing I need is a boring lecture in tieology.”

“It’s bi-ology, and besides it’ll be fun.”

“No way. I don’t want to be stuck with homework and sit around with a bunch of super egg heads for hours in a boring class.” Words like that in the science hall of Canterlot would probably get a combination of chemicals “accidentally” spilled on her mane and the colors in it would change.

“There isn't any homework. It’s a short few hour lecture, and a few experiments will be thrown in and then it’s over. Please, Rainbow Dash; I don’t have anyone else going to it that I know.”

“I don’t know.” Rainbow said folding her arms. Then of all the things Rainbow expected Twilight to do, give a lecture of education, use her magic to drag her on the train—she didn't do any of it. Instead the purple unicorn dawned the saddest of puppy dog eyes and her ears drooped as low as they physically could go and she looked like a filly whose favorite toy had just been taken away.

Something then happened to Rainbow Dash she didn't expect; she thought Twilight looked so adorable. The Pegasus’s mind actually thought Twilight’s little act was unbearably cute. So cute, in fact, Rainbow Dash couldn't help herself.

“Ugh, okay , I’ll go with you.” Instantly at the words Twilight wrapped her hooves around Rainbow Dash.

“Thank you, thank you, thank you, this is going to be so much fun!” She screamed excitedly. “The train leaves at ten tomorrow. I’ll come by your house and get you around nine thirty. Oh my gosh this is going to be so much fun!” She continued to claim that tomorrow would be full of fun and excitement as giddily as a foal on her birthday.

Rainbow Dash, on the other hand, was wondering exactly what the day would be like if all it was, is a bunch of science nerds talking about what stuff in Equestria is made out of. Though Twilight said it would be fun, the two ponies had very different ideas of what “fun” is. Unfortunately for Rainbow Dash, though it wasn't a Pinkie promise, it was, in fact, way too late to flake out of this little arrangement of Twilight’s.

Tomorrow there was one thing Rainbow would unfortunately do; she was going to learn some biology.