• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,425 Views, 29 Comments

From Earth to Equus: An Utterly Impossible Oddesy - CarmenColor



The magic of friendship is a powerful thing. Don't ever forget that.

  • ...
9
 29
 1,425

And He Never Gives an Answer

Chance was amazed at the clouds. Well, honestly, who wouldn't be? Softer than silk yet strong too. The perfect balance, really. I watched him bounce up and down on the puffy surface. I smiled at him, and I felt...odd. I wanted to send time with him...I did mention my crush on him right? "Uh, Chance?" he turned to me.

"Yeah?" I blushed suddenly, nervous at what I was about to ask.

"Um...do you want to...uh...get lunch sometime? Like, together?" He stared at me.

"Like...like a date?" I nodded, my blush deepening. He smiled awkwardly. "Can't we just go as friends?" I put on a fake little smile, though inside, I was dying. Why can't we just go out on a date? What would've been wrong with that? Oh, right. Everything.

"If...if that's what you want." He hadn't outright rejected me, and I planned to keep it that way. I never had the guts to ask him out before, and that was mostly because I was too worried that he'd say no. I don't know why, but I had seemed so...care free for a moment. "I'll be right back." I left him to discover the clouds on his own, hoping that he would not come looking for me again. But where was I going to go?

I need answers. I need to talk to Princess Celestia. No, what if she makes me a princess? What'll I do? I need someone else. My eyes locked on the library. Twilight would know. She could help me. I swooped gracefully onto the lawn and trotted into the public building. "Twilight?" Nothing. No one was home. I sighed. "Guess I'm on my own." I searched through the few piles of books on the floor first, thinking maybe Twilight had been searching for a book after I left, but came up with nothing. Where was Twilight? Wasn't she always at the library? Maybe she's with one of her friends.

I left the library and went to Rarity's boutique. The fashionista wasn't home either. There was a note on the door that said something about being out for a few days and something about Canterlot. I jumped. Canterlot! I read through the letter fully. My face paled visibly. Oh, no. Nononononononon... Right there, in Rarity's neat hoofwriting, was a letter about her and her friends needing to go to Canterlot for something important. The letter didn't mention what the important thing was, but I already knew.

I rocketed towards the train station, but I found that the train had disembarked several hours ago. I didn't know how long it took to get to Canterlot, but I didn't think it was too long. I flew along the train tracks, hoping desperately that I could catch up to them before they got there. Before I had to become some stupid bucking princess. I swooped into the Canterlot station a while later, and was forced to find something, anything to cover up the fact that I was an alicorn. Something brown slapped me across the face. It was a hat. Applejack's hat. I put it on, thinking how strange it was that I was the one who had found it. I folded my wings before anypony saw the colors and walked out into the throng of ponies.

I made my way towards the castle, stopping in front of the guards. "Has Twilight Sparkle visited the Princess today?" The unicorn guard glared at me.

"No pony is allowed to know such classified information, kid. Go home." Drat! That was a rather stupid way to approach things. Maybe I should just teleport inside. That could work. But how does an alicorn disguised as a pegasus managed to teleport away without anypony being suspicious of her? I lit my horn under Applejack's hat. I guess I could just run in and explain things later. I disappeared with a yelp. Teleporting is such a weird sensation.

With a pop, I appeared inside the castle. I could hear Celestia talking. "Miss Color is no stranger to me, Twilight. Although I do not think she remembers me. You know of the others, right?"

"I saw another one, Princess. He had a blonde mane and his coats was several shades of brown," Rainbow said proudly, "He didn't even know what clouds were." I heard Celestia laugh, but it was Luna who spoke next.

"I would assume it was Chance? Oh, Tia, Chance Wind is back too?" I scratched my head. Back? "What about Stormy Sam? Have all three of our siblings returned?" At first, I didn't realize what Luna had said. Then it hit me. Sweet Celestia! Luna just called me her sister! And Chance and Sam are our siblings too? Wha...what is going on?

"Is this all we was comin' for?" Applejack asked, "Cause I just lost a very special hat fer this." I took the hat off my head and teleported it into the room. "Whoa, Princess, did y'all do that just fer me?" I heard a few whispers from the room, but the words were muffled and unclear. Suddenly, there was a hoof over my mouth. Somepony was dragging me down a flight of stairs. I didn't register what was happening to me until I was already in the cell. I looked at the pony on the other side of the bars.

"Sh-shining Armor?" Twilight's brother had just thrown me into a holding cell. "What...why...?" I spluttered. He looked at me indignantly. His eyes were like ice.

"Just because you can teleport doesn't give you free reign to go wherever you wish," he hissed, "There are many talented unicorns such as hour self, and before you try, I'd like to add that I've put a force field around this cell. You can't get out, and I can keep this up as long as I need to before Celestia and Luna are done talking to me sister." The only thing I got out of that whole explanation was 'unicorn'. He thought I was a unicorn. I flared my wings, but the colors were dulled in the dark cavernous cell. Shining was no longer looking at me. Instead becoming immersed in a book.

Fear filled my heart. Fear of being forced into becoming a princess. I liked the life of a farmer. Being confined inside a building, with little luck of going anywhere without being praised as royalty. I don't like praise. I don't like attention. I just wanted to be an alicorn because they're my favorite kind of pony. All I want is to live in a little town like Ponyville with my special somepony. A few tears rolled down my cheeks.

Silent tears dropped onto the cold hard floor one by one. I shuddered, unable to stop them. I huddled into the corner beginning to tremble violently as sobs forced themselves out of my lungs. Shining looked over at me, first annoyed, but his face automatically softened. "I didn't hurt you, did I?"

"N-n-no."

"Then what's with the tears? It's not like Celestia would banish you or something. Probably just scold you or something and maybe some community service." What just happened? He was mad a few minutes ago.

"I'm n-not afraid of b-being ba-b-banished." My voice hitched through my tears.

"Then what are you afraid of?"

To answer the question, I lifted multicolor wings. I cast a small illumination spell to bring attention to my horn as well. A few colors glinted off the walls. Shining Armor gasped, immediately lowering his pinkish force field and opening the cell door. "Your majesty," he said, "I apologize. I was unaware that you were an alicorn."

"Don't call me 'your majesty'. I'm not royalty. I don't want to be royalty." I walked out of the cell. "Oh...Shining?"

"Yes?"

"Celestia hears nothing of this."

"But..."

"Nothing!" I teleported out of the castle. To my relief, I was surrounded by plants. No pony saw me. I was safe from becoming royalty for now. Hopefully, Celestia won't try to look for me. She knew I was here, and Chance and Sam too. One thing made me hurry back to my home town.

If the others weren't alicorns, what were they?