• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,425 Views, 29 Comments

From Earth to Equus: An Utterly Impossible Oddesy - CarmenColor



The magic of friendship is a powerful thing. Don't ever forget that.

  • ...
9
 29
 1,425

Thus Ends the Music

As I came to Sam's room, I became a little apprehensive. What was she going to think? It's not like she knows about what is going on, unless Luna told her... I was about to leave when I heard something coming from the other side of the door. I pressed one ear up against the woodenly structure. Music. It was music. I raised my hoof and knocked on the door. Sam opened it. "What? Oh, hey Carmen." She let me in, and I stared in awe at her room. Her bed was a grey cloud high above, close to the ceiling. A few trickles of rain seeped from the bottom, falling down into a contraption underneath. It seemed to create a mini water cycle.

"Whoa." Everything was colored with the shades of grey from a thunderstorm, but there was tinges of blue and purple. The windows were blocked by curtains that looked like rain. Like a sheet of rain, it seemed to move and flow. I watched it for a minute before Sam snapped me back to reality.

"Yeah, yeah. It's pretty. I know," she deadpanned, "I know that is not why you came. What'd you want?" She grinned. "Chance came by a while ago..." I gulped, blushing, "He said you kinda passed out or something. You okay?" I nodded.

"Did he say anything else?"

"Just that he was going to tell Celestia, if he could find her. Why? Was there something else he might've forgotten?" I looked away sheepishly. "Carmen, what is it?"

"I...I'll tell you later." I galloped out of the room, trying to get out of telling her. I had realized that it could potentially be really awkward and I would be uncomfortable. I'd just wait until Chance told her. He was a lot better at things like that.

Once I was sure I was far enough from Sam's room, I slowed my pace to a light trot, trying to figure out where I was. Sam's room had only been a little ways from the extra room, but now I was much farther away. I had turned a few corners in my escape from Sam's questioning, and now I was lost. Everything looked the same. How was I supposed to find my way back? I would ask some pony, but there are no guards here.

Where is every pony? My hooves clacked against the polished marble floor, a sound that was somehow familiar, yet I had never walked on polished marble in my entire life. Not that I actually remembered anyway. I must have walked through halls like this as a pony... Maybe that's why it seems familiar.

A door caught my eye. It was different than the others. They were all heavy oak with the same intricate carving in the front. This one was simpler, with only a slight border around it, and there was something else different too. The wood, though it was still oak, was odd. The more I looked at it, the more I saw the reds, yellows, and blues dyed in the wood. The colors mixed and crossed in a weaving colorful pattern, and then another thing caught my eye. I looked up the the top of the tall door. A tiny golden label stuck to it, and I flew up to it so I could read the tiny engraved words:

Chroma, Princess of Color
Loving Wife of Gale, Prince of the Wind

This was my room. Celestia had said it hadn't been cleaned yet, hadn't she? Well, it couldn't hurt to take a look. I pushed open the subtly multicolored doorway, gasping as I caught sight of what lay inside.

It was beautiful. There was a wardrobe and dresser with the same dyed wood as the door. The walls were every color of the spectrum, from reds, to greens, to blues. The bed was similar to Sam's, a cloud floating above the room, but this one was not grey. It was a fluffy pure white cloud with a couple of multicolor blankets and pillows resting upon it. A large tinted crystal light hung from the ceiling, casting even more color around the already colorful room, but that wasn't even the most amazing part.

It was a waterfall. An actual waterfall. It condensed in a light fog around the bottom where water was flowing down a hole in the floor. I wondered what point this had in my room until I saw the light in the dark corner next to the waterfall. Using my magic to flick it on, I watched for a rainbow to reflect off the waterfall, or maybe the fog, but I wasn't expecting what I got.

It was breathtaking.

I looked over at the light, and saw a nearly invisible clear crystal shade. It cast the light at just the right angle for it to refract the light in such a way, that it seemed as if I was flying high above Equestria during one of Celestia's most beautiful sunrises. Among the reds and oranges of the sun, there was also the blues, greens, and purples of the rest of the rainbow adding just the right amount to each color to make it the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.

That's when something inside me cracked. Broke. My locked memory of the life I had before I was a human. My life as a young princess, my time growing up, becoming who I was, the princess of color itself. More memories came like a flood. My time as a mare longing for a stallion, and my time realizing just who that stallion was. Chance Wind. Gale. My husband. Now he was just my coltfriend. It seemed like such a step down, but I knew I wasn't ready to be married quite yet anyway.

A memory stood out from the others. A very happy memory. My...my wedding. I saw Chance, dressed in a very light grey tux, to symbolize the winds he controlled, and a multicolor rose, probably to symbolize his wife-to-be. To symbolize me.

I myself, I knew, wore a beautiful dress, it was a pastel rainbow, not too gaudy, and must have been made by someone related to Rarity. The train was lined with grey fluff that looked like clouds. I felt the calm in my body at seeing him. At knowing that he and I were going to spend the rest of our everlasting lives together.

I opened my eyes. I didn't remember closing them, but I must have. I watched the prismatic display for a moment longer befor turnings off the light. I flew up to the cloud bed to get a better view of the room. I looked out of the single giant window to the sunset. Sweet Celestia, it's dusk already? How long was I out? I yawned despite the fact that I had been unconscious most of the day.

"I might as well sleep here. It's my room, after all," I said to myself. Stretching out on the cotton-like cloud, I covered myself with blankets and drifted off into a peaceful, easy slumber. I don't remember what I dreamed about, I just remember it being beautiful yet saddening at the same time, like listening to the last note of your favorite song, because then you know it's over.