• Published 12th Nov 2012
  • 1,424 Views, 29 Comments

From Earth to Equus: An Utterly Impossible Oddesy - CarmenColor



The magic of friendship is a powerful thing. Don't ever forget that.

  • ...
9
 29
 1,424

And the Eyes in His Head

I was floating far above the world. It was just him and me. He seemed...special. Different. Unlike any stallion, or boy, I had ever seen. I don't know why he seemed so much...better than everyone else. As we stared into each other's eyes I felt...complete. I leaned towards him and he leaned in in response. We were so close. Coming closer and closer together until...

I woke up.

"Chance!" I yelped, tumbling up of bed. I lay sprawled on the floor, unsure of what was going on. Some pony was shaking me. Not hard, just gently. I opened my eyes to see him standing next to me.

"Hey, you okay? You kinda screamed."

"I...wha'? Oh...I uh...Sorry...just a dream." I stood up and blushed, turning away from him. It was just beginning to get light out. "I...I need some air." I walked out of the room and trotted down the hall until I came to a balcony. I sat out in the night air and let tears leak from my eyes. Years of tears. From him. From waiting for him. Now he was here with me and I couldn't tell him. I couldn't say those three little words. I couldn't say... "I love you." The words were whispered. Quiet. Unheard. "I love you, Chance." I little louder that time. Sobbing overtook me and I could say no more. I wept quietly on the balcony until I heard a voice.

"Do not lose hope, Color. You used to be as regal as my sister and I. Chance and Sam too. When we were all young, you went by the names you now have." I looked up at princess Luna, who smiled. "When Tia and I were young, we were Sunny Sue and Mary Moon. We changed our names to the regal titles we own today, just as you did before."

"But what happened? Why did we become human?"

"I'm afraid that a thousand years ago, while I was Nightmare Moon, I banished you all to Earth. I did this because my corrupted self saw you as a threat, so I disposed of you. i could never get rid of Celestia though. You only returned now because I am no longer the monster I once was. You are all young, because the Earth has a odd way of figuring things like that to happen like they do."

"Why are you telling me this, Luna?"

"Because, the first time you all grew up, when Carmen Color became Chroma, and Chance Wind became Gale, you each had a ring on your horn. It is your destiny to be with him, Carmen. You cannot destroy your destiny, or you destroy the world as it was to be."

"Wait. We got married?" I was shocked, but exceedingly happy. This is what I wanted. What I had always wanted. Nothing could be better than what was going to happen to me. I had wanted this ever since I first saw Chance, and now... It was actually going to happen. Or, it actually did happen. Hmm, how would that work exactly? "But what if he says no?"

"Carmen, if he says no, I don't think he'd mean it. He loves you almost as much as you love him. He's probably just afraid that he'll do something he'll regret."

"But sister, if he says no, I'll break. He's the thing that's been holding me together for years. I can't live without him there. I can't survive knowing that he rejected me. I'll die."

"Little sister, alicorns can't die. We are immortal."

"That's not what I mean, Luna. I mean that if he rejected me, I would die inside. I wouldn't be me, just an empty body with no spirit. He's my true love, Luna! I can't be the same if something like that happens."

Luna eyes grew sad. "What is it that you love about him?"

"Everything," I said, "His eyes, his smile, his personality. He's just perfect." Luna placed her hoof on my shoulder.

"Then you should always know that he is perfect, and that you will be able to marry him someday. You cannot lose hope on this, little sister. It is imperative that you strive to be with him."

"Why? Why is it so important?" I eyed Luna suspiciously. "Why would us getting married make an difference?"

Luna didn't seem to answer my question right away. "Do you know how the rainbows work, Carmen? I know you made one with your feathers, but I don't think you truly understand how it works."

"What does this have to do with-"

"When the spirit of color and rainbows is joyful, the rainbows will spread that joy." Luna conjured up a mirage of a town of happy little ponies. I could hear their laughter as a colorful little rainbow appeared over the town. "But," Luna continued, "If sadness or depression should take hold of your spirit, it too takes hold of the rainbows..." An off colored rainbow appeared to replace to other one. I heard screams and crying. I cringed. "...causing chaos and misfortune for every pony."

"Then...then I won't make anymore rainbows..." Luna shook her head.

"It does not work that way. If any rainbows are create by any pony, they will still spread distress to our subjects, sister. Be strong, sister. For them."