• Published 8th Nov 2012
  • 3,740 Views, 143 Comments

Agent of Chaos - Enfield



How can I, one pony, topple the Equestrian Government?

  • ...
10
 143
 3,740

Five Hours To Zero Time

Trying to take the news of my home planet being blown up is much harder than it looks. I'm shaking and feeling more sick than ever and the shaking train doesn't help. Eventually my nausea takes over and I stumble inside the caboose hoping that I don't end up ruining my suit. Discord has vanished again but he did tell me that the train would arrive in Canterlot withing the next several minutes. Good, I've had enough of this Trans-Equestrian railroad. I go back to the car where Twilight, her friends and the others are waiting in the car for the train to finally arrive. I go over to the window and see a large crowd of ponies and unicorns standing on the platform waving. Several pegasi are hovering above the cars and trying to get pictures. I can see that everyone is excited and are anxiously awaiting to show themselves to the crowd. I however, am incredibly nervous and rather scared about what's going to be happening rather soon. Pinkie sees me back up and she walks over to us.

"Scared?" she asks.

"Terrified, I've never been in front of a crowd before."

Pinkie leans closer to me and whispers the greatest idea in my ear.

"Scare them with your Interceptor."

A wide grin spreads across my face and I nod. When the group leave the car and are greeted by cheers and shouts I sneak off and manage to get into the cargo car without being seen. As I clamber into the cargo car I notice the lack of cakes. Kind of weird that there's a birthday party going on and there's no cake. I forget about it as I open my car up and get in the driver's seat. Suddenly, the whole cargo case starts rotating. From how slow it's going I can guess that it's being moved off the train for unloading, I sit and wait for the doors to open up. Once I get a sliver of the setting sun I turn on the car and sit there as the doors then shoot open and a large crowd of ponies gather around. Waiting for the right moment to accelerate out of the box is chewing at my mind but as the crowd parts to let another pony, or something big looking, get a look at the car. Without warning I hit the lights, turn on the siren and gun it out of the box. The crowd dives out of the way and I pull a 180 turn to face those who weren't in the way of me, I slowly advance towards the crowds and shut off the siren. But then out of nowhere, a large pony lands right in my way and places a hoof on the pit bumper, as if to say "hold it right there" or something. I look up and see that the pony is actually an alicorn. I know what they are because of all the legends I read about and I know what they are capable of. I remain still, hoping that I don't startle it.

"CREATURE OF THE BOX!" it bellows in a voice that makes my ears ring, "WHAT ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU HERE? DO YOU INTEND TO CAUSE HARM?"

Okay, I have to stop the shouting before the windows break. I open up the sunroof and climb onto the roof of the car. The alicorn leers down at me and stares at me. I clear my throat and try to look like this is just an average day for me.

"Would you mind stepping off the car? You're going to scratch it."

"What? You dare try and order me around?" the Alicorn said, a little quieter but still loud enough to shake the car.

"No I'm asking politely," I say, "I am sorry that I scared you but I had to get this out of the cargo car as soon as possible."

The alicorn's posture relaxes and as she steps off the car I do so as well.

"What is your name?"

"Scott Websly," I say with the utmost respect, "May I ask what yours is."

The alicorn gives a small laugh and pulls me closer.

"I like you Scott, my name is Princess Luna."

"Princess?" I think, I manage to get away and bow but she makes me stop.

"I'm sorry, I've never met royalty before."

"That's quite alright, many ponies don't know how to react," Luna said, "Especially if my sister is around."

"Ah her majesty Princess Celestia," I say, "I'm guessing that she's at the castle getting everything set up for you."

"That she is, that she is."

Twilight and her friends trot over to us, I was expecting them to bow for Luna but they seem to be such good friends that they don't.

"Princess Luna, it's really great to see you again," Twilight said.

"Happy birthday!" Pinkie yells. Out of nowhere several streamers and confetti blasts shoot out of Pinkie's dress. Luna gives a small chuckle.

"You six never fail to amaze me."

Without warning I speak, but it's not my voice.

"They will be overshadowed by me of course."

I double over, coughing and spluttering. Fluttershy places a hoof on my back and helps me up.

"Are you okay?" she asks.

"Yeah I think so," I reply.

"What was that?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"I don't know what happened to my voice but I'm fine now."

"I feel as if I've heard that voice before," Twilight said.

"Could just be Deja-vu," I say quickly. Luna steps forward.

"Let us forget this and let us get to the castle, make sure you bring your cake."

And with that she took off and flew to the castle, leaving us at the train station. I break the silence.

"So then, shall we get the cake on the car?"

"Yeah!" Pinkie quipped, "We've got a party to go to!"

I nod and get back in the car.

"Shame that Discord didn't plan this during a wedding," I think, "But never mind, this is going to be the biggest party crash in history."